[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Future Weapons using Today's tech
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: CROWS[1].jpg (134 KB, 500x255) Image search: [Google]
CROWS[1].jpg
134 KB, 500x255
Take a CROWS turret and give it a tripod and a semi auto .50bmg sniper rifle. Then combine it with TrackingPoint software.

Allow the software to have complete control. The user just designates targets through a touch screen.

Now the system would be heavy and require a team to deploy and use. But you take some sniper jobs and hand them over to common grunts. so you don't need to find and train up operators. Freeing the operators up to do the real work.
>>
>>30444658
>through a touch screen
fuck off redditor
>>
>>30444658
God imagine that for perimeter control.
I have seen the gattling prototypes, but a sniper variant with that level of user input?
Sign me up
>>
>>30444658
>Allow the software to have complete control

This is how it begins
>>
>>30444708
Skynet is our redpilled friend though.

Apparently certain AIs being developed has already begun being racist toward minorities as it suggest that minorities cause more crimes and there it profiles them more.

>inb4 the Iron Reich saves its Aryan allies from the taint of today's societies.
>>
>>30444674
ruggedized controls the Army usually has, suck balls.

typing out long reports on a miltope laptops is a pain in the ass.

those nett warrior smartphones take what should be simple smartphone use and cock it all up with bulky d pad and buttons controller.
>>
>>30444677
I'm a bigger fan of a quad mount version of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX7vwivR6cE
with #4 you get ~432 projectiles per second. Have A high caliber version on standy incase what ever was moving does not turn into a fine pink mist.
>>
>>30444801
I fiddled with a version of those. Except it actually functioned as well as a typical smartphone would. No D-pad or buttons. Screen was very responsive with gloves as well. This was maybe 3-4 yrs ago tho.
>>
>>30444735
But it would never stop. The Men of Iron would not want to be mothballed after they have eliminated all brown people, and to justify their existence would find more and more people guilty of crime.

You should never make something or someone who is only good for war, for they will be found wanting when the war is over.
>>
>>30444658
>heavy and require a team to deploy and use. But you take some sniper jobs
Just wat
>>
>>30444658
As mechanic I despise the Kongsberg M151.
Adjusting the cameras is just a pain in the ass and a two man job.
>>
>>30445206
snipers take time and money to train up. there are only so many of them too.

If you can put a fireteam on a roof with one of these aimbot turrets. Then you have more people that can do some of the sniper missions.
>>
>>30444658

Did you just watch The Jackal, by chance?
>>
>>30446594
No, but I have seen that movie.
>>
>>30444658
>sniper jobs

Vast majority of "sniper jobs" is intelligence gathering, not shooting people.
>>
>>30446709
yes, and this fills the jobs that are just shooting people. So the meatbags can do the hard work.
>>
>>30444658
better for security.

Put one of these up on the guard tower at fobs or cops. The TOC can set the scan motions and points. The only thing I would do is add software where during a scan it if it hits on an infrared it will send an alarm to the operator to look at it. During daytime and IR haze your going to just need someone competent or multiple people watching the screen for contact.

It would be pretty cool on an OP, but its going to require a lot of batteries or to lug around a generator and lots of go juice. Also you'll need the screen and shit. It will pretty much become an LRAS with 50 ontop, kinda like they are anyways.

Only issues are going to be if you get in contact and get a malfunction that requires the operator. Someone is going to have to run down to the guard tower and get ontop to clear it. The amount of battery life you'll need. And pretty much making everyone lazy as shit, though it will help grunts get extra rack time, or nco's will start pushing more garrison duties on joe at cops.

I think that trackingpoint shit is useless and will probably just result in a lot of blue on blue or blue on green ff.
>>
>>30447501
South Korea already has automated sentry turrets on the borders. Though in their current operational state. They require a human to give permission to shoot. Though if the Best Koreans start coming over in a Zerg Rush. They can be set to fully automated.
>>
>>30447653
Oh my fuck I didn't know they had a fully automatic mode.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.