[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he concerns himself with the caliber (7.62x39, 5.56x45 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11
File: 1403568407865.jpg (700 KB, 788x1024) Image search: [Google]
1403568407865.jpg
700 KB, 788x1024
>he concerns himself with the caliber (7.62x39, 5.56x45 and 5.45x39) more than he concerns himself with how comfortable he is with either platform
>he concerns himself with how much """damage""" a certain bullet/caliber can do instead of training and improving his skillset with firearms
>he does not fully understand the basic fundamentals of marksmanship
>he can't run a single mile under seven minutes yet buys things such as a plate carrier, multicam, $200 chest rigs and salomons
>he has $800 in accessories on his rifle yet has not purchased a sling
>he has spent thousands of dollars on firearms and firearm accessories yet does not know how a sling is utilized
>he has more pictures of his firearms on his HDD than rounds through them
>he only shoots at a static range and despite this, thinks he is ready for a self defense shooting
>he idolizes operators despite never putting forth any effort into pting himself
>he wishes to be "operator" yet refuses to join the military
>he is a self proclaimed "prepper" yet lacks any skills in things such as land nav, swimming, hunting, comms, rope tying and cannot drive stick
>he is not proficient in shooting with his non dominant hand
>he cannot shoot his rifle with his non dominant hand as efficiently as his dominant hand
>he buys accessories and enhancements for his rifle and when quested why he puts it on his rifle, he responds with "because it's gucci"
>>
As well as his dominant hand is asking to much, able to shoot off hand "ok" is about all you need .
>>
>he is a tryhard
(You)
I just like to buy guns to take a few pictures, smother them with ball sweat after a long day working and then resell them.
>>
>>30443967
>he writes threads about himself on /k/
>he lacks a gf and jacks off to cartoons
>>
>>30443997
I don't switch hands, just shoulders. I find it's a faster transition
>>
>>30443967
Sup pot, kettle here
>>
File: Butterfly Wisdom.png (1011 KB, 917x845) Image search: [Google]
Butterfly Wisdom.png
1011 KB, 917x845
>>30443967
Different calibers do actually matter to an extent.

For example, it was noted that in Chechnya soldiers preferred the akm to the ak74 for street fighting as the bullets were less likely to ricochet off of walls.
>>
>>30443967

>implying all of these dont apply to you

>projecting this hard

>fedora tipping intensifies
>>
>>30444549
>implying it's not she instead of he...
>>
>>30443967
nail on the head
>>
>>30443967
I mean you're super right but surely you understand that you're just going to trigger the never served do you even lift 99.5% of /k/'s userbase and get N-NUH UH YOU'RE JUST PROJECTING and various delusions instead of convincing anyone to improve their wannabe ass selves.
>>
>>30444743

t. never served do you even lift anon
>>
>he believes we actually have to be ready for a violent overthrow of government that's going to start any day now
>>
File: L85A2.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
L85A2.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
>>30443967
>>he cannot shoot his rifle with his non dominant hand as efficiently as his dominant hand

Not exactly my fault you wanker cunt
>>
>>30444753
If that's something you'd like to pretend to make yourself feel a little better, that's your call, anon.

It would probably be in your best interest to instead start bodyweight strength training before transitioning to weight lifting, supplemented by running and swimming.

I'm not going to say to join the military because that kind of life simply isn't for everyone, but I would suggest getting actually good at shooting and learning practical skills like some of what OP suggested through whatever more convenient means are available.

However, I can't really exactly force a random internet stranger improve themselves, as much as I genuinely would like everyone to become better, so in the end I suppose it's just as fruitless as OP making this thread at all.
>>
File: 1467163298550.jpg (1 KB, 85x125) Image search: [Google]
1467163298550.jpg
1 KB, 85x125
>>
File: 1467163321364.jpg (2 KB, 114x125) Image search: [Google]
1467163321364.jpg
2 KB, 114x125
>>
File: last-man-standing-movie-1.jpg (297 KB, 1700x901) Image search: [Google]
last-man-standing-movie-1.jpg
297 KB, 1700x901
>>30443967

By definition, anyone that isn't ambidextrous will not shoot as "efficiently" with their non-dominant hand as they do with their dominant hand. Furthermore, "caliber" (i.e. the projectile--the thing that actually kills people) is actually relevant given that each has very different ballistic performance.

That being said, there are some good points here--particularly the matter of physical fitness. It is a common mistake to regard only the weapon in isolation, as opposed to part of a greater system that is an infantryman. Having myself been overly-enamored with gear in the past, I know that buying stuff without doing any meaningful self-improvement is a mental shortcut towards feeling like a badass, without actually being proficient in basic soldier skills.
>>
File: 920x920.jpg (62 KB, 811x920) Image search: [Google]
920x920.jpg
62 KB, 811x920
>>30444892

Disclaimer: only a cadet, so my experience with the Army still leaves me with much to learn.

That being said, I think it's a simple matter to ascend to levels of physical fitness, tactical proficiency, and skill in weapons handling that equal or surpass those of common infantry soldiers. The readiness level of American soldiers, while respectable, is still limited by finite budgets for ranges, field exercises, etc.

Bear in mind that I said this was "simple," but it is not easy. All these things require independent research, hard work, and ample self-motivation to propel that process. Gear is the least important part of this equation, given that it is the fitness, proficiency, and self-confidence derived from those two that will be of the greatest use to any /k/ommando. Because of this, I actually encourage my friends to purchase SKSs or other, more affordable weapons. There's less temptation to buy unnecessary gear and the cheap ammo makes practice more accessible.
>>
>>30447535
I hope you never make it into the Army your post is a clusterfuck of autism.
>>
For most people on /k/ that are hasfuns, they will ALWAYS be the limiting factor when it comes to shooting performance. The weapon is rarely the limiting factor for most users of firearms with the QA you get with modern firearms.
>>
>>30443967

you forgot

>he thinks being an operator is the pinnacle of existence
>>
>>30447611

Do elaborate. It's one matter to accuse me of being an idiot and another entirely to present a logical counterargument that refutes my assertions.

This board has been quite educational to me in the past, so please enlighten me.
>>
>>30447535
>Because of this, I actually encourage my friends to purchase SKSs or other, more affordable weapons. There's less temptation to buy unnecessary gear and the cheap ammo makes practice more accessible.

we zapman now
>>
File: 1466890527822.jpg (121 KB, 474x492) Image search: [Google]
1466890527822.jpg
121 KB, 474x492
>>30443967
Ok, OP. We get it. You wanna be an operator.

We all got dreams. But those are dreams. Not realities.
>>
>>30447179
>>30447195
PPFFFFTT HAHAHA
>>
>>30443967
What are the tactical advantages of that arm hair?
>>
File: right-to-bear-arms.jpg (829 KB, 1750x2500) Image search: [Google]
right-to-bear-arms.jpg
829 KB, 1750x2500
>>30447931
Showing off the second amendment.
>>
>>30444532
I take it smaller/lighter bullets cause more ricochet?
>>
File: 1453922450862.gif (693 KB, 294x200) Image search: [Google]
1453922450862.gif
693 KB, 294x200
>>30444040
kek
>>
>>30447931
Reduces drag, if you go too hihg speed.
>>
What are 'Things A Pleb Would Do'?

>he concerns himself with the caliber (7.62x39, 5.56x45 and 5.45x39) more than he concerns himself with how comfortable he is with either platform
ok
>he concerns himself with how much """damage""" a certain bullet/caliber can do instead of training and improving his skillset with firearms
granted
>he does not fully understand the basic fundamentals of marksmanship
agreed
>he can't run a single mile under seven minutes yet buys things such as a plate carrier, multicam, $200 chest rigs and salomons
maybe. although, it's pretty immature to be upset with somebody buying stuff just because they like it/think its cool. you should reflect on your own personality op
>he has $800 in accessories on his rifle yet has not purchased a sling
FTR rifle with a match optic doesnt need a sling
>he has spent thousands of dollars on firearms and firearm accessories yet does not know how a sling is utilized
very hard to imagine; even little kids understand administrative carry.
>he has more pictures of his firearms on his HDD than rounds through them
how vain
>he only shoots at a static range and despite this, thinks he is ready for a self defense shooting
probably isn't
>he idolizes operators despite never putting forth any effort into pting himself
what is with you and being upset by people liking stuff
>he wishes to be "operator" yet refuses to join the military
eh. people want what they want.
>he is a self proclaimed "prepper" yet lacks any skills in things such as land nav, swimming, hunting, comms, rope tying and cannot drive stick
agreed
>he is not proficient in shooting with his non dominant hand
not necessarily a plleb
>he cannot shoot his rifle with his non dominant hand as efficiently as his dominant hand
not necessarily a pleb
>he buys accessories and enhancements for his rifle and when quested why he puts it on his rifle, he responds with "because it's gucci"
yea thats pretty lame
>>
>>30443967
>>he concerns himself with the caliber (7.62x39, 5.56x45 and 5.45x39) more than he concerns himself with how comfortable he is with either platform
Nope can only afford one so.....
>>he concerns himself with how much """damage""" a certain bullet/caliber can do instead of training and improving his skillset with firearms
Shot placement
>>he does not fully understand the basic fundamentals of marksmanship
I hope i do
>>he can't run a single mile under seven minutes yet buys things such as a plate carrier, multicam, $200 chest rigs and salomons
In good shape, always improving
>>he has $800 in accessories on his rifle yet has not purchased a sling
lol i wish i had that kind of money
>>he has spent thousands of dollars on firearms and firearm accessories yet does not know how a sling is utilized
Ar was 800$ with everything
>>he has more pictures of his firearms on his HDD than rounds through them
I've shot more that 7 times
>>he only shoots at a static range and despite this, thinks he is ready for a self defense shooting
Cant afford fancy courses, try to make my own on property
>>he idolizes operators despite never putting forth any effort into pting himself
I dont idolize...
>>he wishes to be "operator" yet refuses to join the military
would be fun, not worth shit pay though
>>he is a self proclaimed "prepper" yet lacks any skills in things such as land nav, swimming, hunting, comms, rope tying and cannot drive stick
Can do all those except coms
>>he is not proficient in shooting with his non dominant hand
This one is true
>>he cannot shoot his rifle with his non dominant hand as efficiently as his dominant hand
Yes no shit
>>he buys accessories and enhancements for his rifle and when quested why he puts it on his rifle, he responds with "because it's gucci"
i dont know how to respond to that

Who is this toward?
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 639x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 639x960
>>30443967
>mfw cross-dominant
>mfw can shoot both hands equally well without much difficulty
>mfw certain platforms actually feel better shot left handed
>>
>>30447611
>implying the military isn't chock full of autism and he won't fit right in with some fucking POG unit
>>
>>30447667
Because you're a fag, probably. I'd not that guy.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.