[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Not in near as much vidya or movies as the Mk. 17 >SOCOM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: mk-16-cqc.jpg (15 KB, 600x206) Image search: [Google]
mk-16-cqc.jpg
15 KB, 600x206
>Not in near as much vidya or movies as the Mk. 17
>SOCOM doesn't use 'em
>Civilians don't buy them

Why does no one like the SCAR-L? What did it ever do to anyone?
>>
5.56 is obsolete shit for manlets

Americucks will defend it in spite of the corps swapping the M16 for the M4 because it's too hebby

Fucking pathetic
>>
>>30441690
Wow what an unbiased and well thought out post.

thanks you for your content
>>
>>30441690
Cringe, the post

>>30441640
Why pay $2500 for a gun that does everything a $500 PSA gun does
>>
File: 1457757495177.gif (565 KB, 147x154) Image search: [Google]
1457757495177.gif
565 KB, 147x154
>>30441690
>>
>>30441690
If you ever went hiking, or went outside for more than 30 minutes, you'd know that carrying a 10 pound rifle filled with ammunition and more ammunition on your chest and back eventually gets heavy as fuck. Especially when the climate is "fucking hot" and you're out there for days without rest.
>>
>>30441699
Pretty much this. It's still a great rifle, but there's no major benefit or improvement that this rifle will offer over a standard M4/M16 model to justify the additional cost and logistical changes. The SCAR-H saw some acceptance due to spec ops teams needing to engage targets reliably at longer distances in Afghanistan, but even then that saw limited use as well.

In short, too expensive for not much more tangible benefit.
>>
>>30441640
I love mine. I tend to shoot it more than my ARs or AKs as well. But everything >>30441723 said is true. It's way too expensive for what it is, which is why I bought a used one. There's nothing wrong with the rifle.
>>
>>30441690
considering our ammo intended for goat farmers, rice farmers, and vladmir putin, manlet ammo is perfectly sized
>>
>>30441640
there is nothing wrong with the SCAR-L.

It beats the competition, but it is expensive in comparison to the competition.
And if you're going to drop that wad of cash, it might as well be on H.

The SCAR-H really hit the nail on the head for a modern battle rifle. It doesn't get much better.
>>
>>30441640
Caliber wars.
It's nothing more than the rifle version of "MUH STOPAN POWUH!" as seen in this thread.
And most people who want intermediate caliber rifles, and the vast majority of gun owners do, aren't willing to spend $2,500+ when they can buy a high quality AR or AK for $1,000.

The only thing not making it more popular is the price.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.