[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best place to learn hand-to-hand combat, other than joining a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 0506446_36060_MC_Tx304.jpg (16 KB, 560x304) Image search: [Google]
0506446_36060_MC_Tx304.jpg
16 KB, 560x304
Best place to learn hand-to-hand combat, other than joining a military?
>>
>>30441194
poor side of town
>>
>>30441194
Agrivated assault charges aren't all that bad. Go practice. Go case someone's joint and kick their ass when they question you about it. Brawl none of that pansy ass shit.
>>
>>30441194
I am a veteran. I raced through the ranger pit during benning phase of ranger school. I learned a lot more after I was out - in jui jitsu. I recommend that.
>>
>>30441194
Any legitimate instructor of a truly self defense focused martial art.
Which incidently is the best place period, military included.
>>
>>30441195
Except Kimbo kept getting his ass handed to him by MMA gym rats.
>>
>>30441263
I don't think the MMA rules allow you to punch someones eye out of their fucking head.

Kimbo would be at a bit of a disadvantage with all the safety regs and padding etc.

Then again I don't know shit about MMA or watch it, so IDK.
>>
Boxing club. Expect them to either ignore you or feed you to their career guys until they're sure you baling out in a couple of days.

Any grappling place that has free practice. Judo, Groco-Roman, Brazilian, etc.
>>
learn Krav Maga, it just werks
>>
>>30441263

He only lost 3/10 MMA fights following an undefeated boxing career.

Not sure how this is relevant anyway.
>>
Go to a training place that actually spars.
I didn't learn jack shit in a dojo learned way more doing backyard wrestling type stuff.
If you're just starting out getting some actual experience with someone that wants to neutralize you and maybe make you tap/scream a bit while not wanting to actually harm or kill you, you'll improve a lot more than learning some formalized moves and not getting much practical experience.
>>
>>30441194
A serious MMA place.

Contact sports is what you need. Self defence courses doesnt give you the hands on experience.
>>
>>30441194
krav maga classes, lots of em.
lots of training.
street fights will get you killed before the need to use whatever you learn in a defensive position
>>
>>30441334

And now he is dead.
>>
>>30441334
>>30441275
Holy shit, just now read of his death. Damn.
>>
>>30441194

james yeager tactical response classes
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 452x297) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 452x297
>>30441832
This. I'll duel anyone who says otherwise.
>plz no takey muh carry permit
>>
>>30441194
Brazilian Jiujitsu or MMA gym
>>
>>30441194
>grappling
Judo, bjj, sambo, catch wrestling

>striking
Boxing, kickboxing, mauy thai, sanda, kyokushin (and it's offshoots)

Take mma classes to learn how to put them together. Avoid """""Reality based""""" commando LARP like krav maga and and ancient mystical nonsense like kung fu of any variety.
>>
>>30443370
this
>>30443258
also this
>>
>>30441194
any goju-ryu dojo that still exists stateside
>>
>>30441194
Muay thai/jiu jitsu. You can use just illegal shit in a real fight. Seriously, 3 or so years of both and you'll basically be set for life if you keep staying in shape.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 400x300
How about paramilitary? Like the waffen ss
>>
>>30441194

Local strip mall's tae kwon do studio.

Ya know, the one with all the trophies in the window, and the free uniform promotion this summer.

Back spin kick is best spin kick
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 363x525) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 363x525
>>30441194
>Jujitsu/judo/BJJ gym
>taught by a small dude.
>Good mats, lots of open practice, run down is better. Long as old school rules are not in place (TB injury, body stuff).

Most legal, and effective way to kill, break, control, put to sleep, disarm a person proffesionly, and not get sued, fired or hurt the other guy undless needed.
>>
File: image_8408.jpg (219 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image_8408.jpg
219 KB, 1000x1000
>>30444555
We were taught hand-to-hand in Infantry basic and Benning phase of Ranger school. We weren't taught anything beyond killing people. All the fun stuff was learned outside of the military - jui jitsu
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.