[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Revolver-Ocelot.jpg (17 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
Revolver-Ocelot.jpg
17 KB, 500x250
"This is the greatest handgun ever made

the Colt Single Action Army.

6 bullets, more than enough to kill anything that moves"

was he right?
>>
File: image.jpg (450 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
450 KB, 2048x1366
>>30438867
Yeah I'd say he was right.
>>
>>30438867
>will 6 rounds 45 colt ruin whatever you shoots whole day?

Yes

>Is the SAA the best pistol ever made.

Probably not. Very fun to shoot though. Points very naturally, makes very satisfying noises when you pull the hammer or the trigger.
>>
>>30438867
It's pretty good.
>>
>>30438867
Its great if you're a cowboy fetishist
>>
>>30438867
The best combat revolver is a s&w 581; or 681 if you are racist.

Modern semi-autos answer the question of: "What happens when I need more than six bullets and I don't have 20 seconds to reload?"
>>
>>30438867
six bullets shot at any living animal on earth, especially if you shoot it in ideal conditions (i.e. back of the head), is more than enough to kill.

So yeah at 2005 when it supposedly takes place he's right.
>>
>>30439652
This. My Cimarron SAA is definitely not my HD gun of choice, but it's one of my favorite range toys.
>>
>>30438867
>was he right?
>SA revolver
>greatest handgun ever made
>Implying you aren't just pretending to be retarded so you can post /v/idya on /k/
>>
>>30439935
>he takes 20 seconds to reload
>>
>anything that moves
The earth moves. Can six rounds of .45LC kill Earth?
>>
I love the feeling of slamming a silver bullet into well grased chamber.
>>
>>30438867
>was he right?
Not if you beat the game, no. He wasn't.
>>
No. Six rounds is not enough unless you can hit what you aim at 90% of the time, and people who don't spend nearly every waking moment training cannot reliably do that in combat. The fact that it's single action doesn't help, nor does its unacceptably long reload time.

That being said, it's a natural pointer, and the .45 Long Colt is high up on the list of bullets I would not want to be shot with. It's also got a bit of heft to it, which in my experience helps significantly with holding the weapon steady when you're firing one-handed.

All in all, a solid pistol with a well deserved reputation, but it has no place in modern combat situations, unless the opposition is carrying a similar weapon.
>>
>>30438867

Yeah.

>>30439652

You're not pretty good
>>
>>30441148
Shot placement
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.