[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I own 3 blowback guns >hipoint c9 >colt .22lr target
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: images.jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4 KB, 275x183
I own 3 blowback guns
>hipoint c9
>colt .22lr target pistol
>hipoint 995 carbine

And my question is this;
How much slide movement is due to case impinging on the slide face and how much movement is due to the inertia of the slide?

I've always assumed the casE impinging on the slide face was responsible for the complete stroke of the slide

Does the slide move as the bullet is exiting the barrel or does it start moving after the bullet is leaving and how much of the slide moving is due from the case or the inertia

Sorry /k/ I'm dumb as fuck

For the record I have a firm grasp on how short stroke piston and direct impingement and recoil operation work
>>
>>30438729

The slide is moving rearward as the projectile is moving down the barrel. However, the projectile will have already left the barrel well before the case is fully extracted, and at that point the slide is moving with the inertia of its own weight
>>
>>30438729
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

They both start moving at the same time, however the mass of the slide and the stiffness of the spring slows the movement down.
>>
>"I'm dumb as fuck"
>owns two hipoints
It was assumed
>>
File: youbestbejokingnigger.png (54 KB, 152x219) Image search: [Google]
youbestbejokingnigger.png
54 KB, 152x219
>>30438797

hating on hi-points
>>
>>30438729

>Does the slide move as the bullet is exiting the barrel or does it start moving after the bullet is leaving and how much of the slide moving is due from the case or the inertia

Well, i'm no expert but just thinking about it:

I don't think that slide would start moving if the bullet already left the barrel, there wouldn't be any pressure to force it back, makes sense right?

So it starts moving while there's still a bullet traveling down the barrel.

>How much slide movement is due to case impinging on the slide face and how much movement is due to the inertia of the slide?

Another guess here:

I don't think there's a whole lot of inertia involved, just think about how light a slide is, I doubt most of it's movement can be accredited to inertia, I figure most of the movement is from cartridge casing pushing on it.

Things usually have to be pretty heavy for inertia to be a major component, and this is where I got this from.

I rock climb and awhile ago they introduced "wire gate" carabiners, their reasoning was that the solid gate carabiners are heavier, and have a risk of "popping open" if they get slammed against the rock face, so the wire gates are lighter, making this less likely to occur.

Just my 2 cents pal, good luck getting the real answers.
>>
>>30438773
>>30438775

Thanks lads

>>30438797

>hating on a company who wants to arm the common man
>hating on a company who believes that the 2nd amendment applies to poor people too
B-but they're ugly
>>
>>30438825
And here comes the defensive poorfag. When are you going to get a real job so you can afford a gun that doesn't make it look like you spend most of your time collecting welfare?
>>
>>30438866
So you admit you're poor?
>>
>>30438896

Yeah im not ashamed of it breh
>>
File: youkeeponjokingnigger.png (330 KB, 925x1350) Image search: [Google]
youkeeponjokingnigger.png
330 KB, 925x1350
>>30438884

not a poorfag, but why hate on people who can't spend $1,000 on a self-defense hekle my cock? They're reliable guns, company has good customer service, plus the lifetime warranty
>>
I wonder if you could make a blowback 9mm look normal if you made the slide out of osmium? It's almost 3 times as dense as steel, so some exotic osmium alloy could produce a presentable-looking slide while retaining the durability required for operation.
>>
>>30438729
>blowback
what is this, airsoft?
>>
>>30439015
>RELIABLE
thanks for the laughs anon
>>
File: 1378764868137.jpg (8 KB, 269x200) Image search: [Google]
1378764868137.jpg
8 KB, 269x200
>>30439117
>>
File: 1466325424801.png (112 KB, 1206x690) Image search: [Google]
1466325424801.png
112 KB, 1206x690
>>30439015
>>
>>30439117
do you mind presenting a picture of your firearms, you pretentious cunt?
>>
>>30439015
It's noguns, neets, and poorfags that hate on people for not having disposable income or expensive guns. Misery loves company and all that.
>>
>>30439072
>>
>>30439015
There better be a lifetime warranty when it takes $5 to make the damn thing
>>
File: 1461954760939.jpg (63 KB, 720x489) Image search: [Google]
1461954760939.jpg
63 KB, 720x489
>>30439117
nigger
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.