[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Remington 51 is officially back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot 2016-06-28 21.30.18.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-06-28 21.30.18.png
1 MB, 1366x768
Remington has started shipping the new R51 after 2 years of unfucking it. Rye On Ham, the dude who's been harassing Remington for news the entire time, finally got his. No full review yet, just a short first impressions of the new R51

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38QY3raiq_s

I have to admit, I was wrong. I kept saying Remington was just letting it suck on the backburner, hoping it would fade in peoples minds before quietly killing it off. It turns out they actually intended to re-release it after all.

Any of you guys know of anyone else who has one already? It doesn't look like Rye On Ham is going to putting out a full review for a few days. I'm excited to hear whether or not it's still a piece of shit, so if anyone finds a review of the new gun let us know.
>>
hopefully it is fully unfucked. I like the idea of grip safety only
>>
>>30437008
I hope so too. All I got from the video is that the trigger is now shitty and made of plastic, so it doesn't bode well for the rest of the pistol.
>>
>>30437023
Surely they learned their lesson and fixed all the shit things they did to an otherwise great looking pistol with a novel striker/ grip safety design. Right?
>>
>>30437172
Oh my poor deluded friend, this is cerberus you are talking about.
>>
>>30437200
N-no, please. I just want a ray gun looking pistol I can carry and not worry about it going *click* instead of bang...
>>
>>30437172
>Remington
>improving something in any way whatsoever

Nah brah
>>
>>30436925
I'm not sure about the plastic trigger part, but didn't the first ones have no tactile feedback?
>>
>>30437687
I thought people said it had a good trigger? It's been a while, so I could be wrong.
>>
The fact that Remington released massive quantities of firearms that fire out of battery convinced me to never buy another Remington product for the rest of my life.
>>
>>30436925
My bet is on its gonna flop harder and fail to unquantifiable proportions more than the last time.
>>
>>30437618
WHY GET MY HOPES UP FOR A GEN 2 THEN? WHY DID RUGER HAVE TO DEPRIVE US OF NEAT SEMIS LIKE THE P SERIES FOR GLAWK CLONES? WHY?
>>
File: wm_3703358.jpg (1 MB, 3280x2460) Image search: [Google]
wm_3703358.jpg
1 MB, 3280x2460
>>30437732
>tfw they never rolled the P345's improvements into the rest of the P-series

Why live
>>
>>30437708
Don't forget them sitting on the 700 safety problem for decades as people were actually being injured, only giving a shit when everyone filed a class-action suit

Cerberus gives absolutely -0% of a shit about their products or how shitty they are
>>
>>30437230
Beretta neos.
>>
>>30438051
I don;t think I can carry a .22 and feel comfortable with the stoppin powah. Also the gun is pretty big. For me.

Seems like a fun gun, will look into it if I can get a good price.
>>
>>30438152
They make a short barrel, 4" iirc, fun colors too, but as you said it's your life on the line and I don't have a good history of carry choices.
>>
>>30438152
They're pretty shitty pistols actually. The trigger is mushy, takedown is a pain in the ass (seriously fuck that wheel), and the safety is the worst I've ever used on a handgun. When it's engaged it stabs into your hand so you can't properly grip it, and disengaging can be awkward. It'd be a shit carry weapon even if it was in a larger calibre.
>>
>>30438179
Now I need a pic of you carrying it.

>>30438214
Eh, if I can find one for like 200 shipped I don't see why I wouldn't just tinker with it. Maybe try my hand at finishing it like a Whitney Wolverine.

Maybe I should just get a Wolverine.
>>
>>30438643
Yeah I guess. It's fine if you just want a plinker, I just wouldn't use it as a field gun (let alone a carry gun) because of the shitty safety). FWIW my godfather owns it now and likes it a lot after cleaning up the trigger and making a few other small changes. If he liked it after tinkering you might too.

>Maybe I should just get a Wolverine.
Always a valid option
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.