[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How 2 oper8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (274 KB, 1280x948) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
274 KB, 1280x948
Share your knowledge so the populace will learn how to secure an oper8r approved job/enlistment.
>>
Fuck that
>>
grab sks go innawoods
>>
Copfag here. 10 years of experience and a field training officer, for what its worth.
>>
File: 1453243152815.jpg (187 KB, 720x510) Image search: [Google]
1453243152815.jpg
187 KB, 720x510
>>30434552
>Share your knowledge so the populace will learn how to secure an oper8r approved job/enlistment.

>buy ar500 and a condor plate carrier
>buy useless cheap shit for your ar15
>pose infront of a mirror and post pictures online on how hard you look
>never spend a single minute doing any physical work
>cry yourself to sleep every night knowing you will never fufil your delusional fantasies of "operating"

That's how you operate.
>>
>>30434552
>wearing a pc that low
>aviators
>eotech
0/10 would not operate with
>>
>>30434636
This hit me close to home
>>
as in military or merc?
>>
>>30434552
Rule 1

Don't be a woman because women can't operate

Rule 2

Don't operate around women, their incompetence will get you killed
>>
>>30434899
>>30434672
Pic unrelated
>>
File: how2operate.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
how2operate.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>30435839
What the hell is going on there?
>>
>>30435877
Interpretive dance.

Cirque du SOCOM, if you will.
>>
>>30434552
What the fuck is the point of a plate carrier if your not gonna wear it properly.
>>
Do I need previous military experience to be a military contractor? I want to ride around on oil tankers and shoot at Somalians.
>>
>>30434636
"That isn't me", Anon said to himself.
"I've actually shot my gun a couple of times", he told himself, as he tucked himself under the blanket, and went to sleep.
"hopefully my new magpul mag comes tomorrow so I can show it off to /k/", he whispered to himself, as he fell asleep.
>>
>>30435893
Kek
>>
>>30434636
You just described every Gear Queer thread with those trip fags and their sycophants
>>
>>30435905
How is she/he (not assuming genders) not wearing it correctly?
>>
File: airsoft kids.jpg (916 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
airsoft kids.jpg
916 KB, 1200x800
>>30434636
Like these guys in pic related?
>>
>>30434636
>>30436020
Other than condor and ar500 you're right. But some of them at least try and practice drills, and then there's niggas like koko and toad who actually operate innasandbox and such. That being said I don't think I've been in a gear thread that I didn't cringe in at least once.
>>
>>30436038
Too low, probably because of
>my tits hurt
>>
>>30435929
In almost all cases, yes. But they have classes and courses that aren't too expensive (seen some for around $1500) that you can take specifically for pmc and security work. Could help your chances.
>>
>>30436083
>you said you had gear
>is that a fucking sword
>goddammit Lopez
>>
>>30435929
Sometimes they hire ex-SWAT guys that worked in big metro cities. I'd imagine they're also ex-mil along with being former SWAT
>>
>>30436144
>>30436202
Guess I better enlist then ;_;
>>
>>30436195
Im not sure what I like more. The curly haired fat kid with a spray tan or the kid on the far left who taped his iphone to his gun to use as a go pro.
>>
>>30435893
>Cirque du SOCOM
Ok, THAT was fucking funny.
>>
>>30436118
>>30435905
>>30434672
You guys do know that the plate isn't supposed to be up around your throat, right? The plate is designed to cover your lungs, heart, and guts. She is wearing it just fine.
>>
>>30436661
>fat shit detected

When she takes knee, it will be far too low. These are chest rigs, made to be worn above the belly button and stopping on the collarbone, otherwise they get in the way of basic infantry manouvers such as mount/dismount, taking a knee, or diving.

These are not worn for maximum comfort, she is wearing it great for standing for a pic.
>>
>>30436761
The bottom of that carrier is at her bellybutton.
>>
>>30436799
Nope, it's covering her bellybutton, it's too low.
Often fat people/women wear them incorrectly as their torse was not in mind when the carrier was designed, however, it's wrong.
>>
>>30434552
what plate carrier is this?
>>
>>30436876
So, plate carriers need to be above your bellybutton, but IBA's worn by the military don't need to be? Because my IBA wasn't above my bellybutton, and it never interfered with any of my movements (other than being a bulky piece of shit I wanted to never wear).
>>
>>30436195
*teleports behind you*
*Buen intento, chico.*
>>
Anyone here who has actually been hired by a PMC or had similar work?

I'm currently a Tank Commander but I've also had my fair share of time in the infantry. Would I have a chance with my current experience?
>>
>>30436943
Shellback banshee PC
>>
>>30436661
It's supposed to be at the base of your collar bone. Which it isn't.
>>
>>30434636
>>
>>30436964
>IBA
>never above my bellybutton
No shit mate, most have a fucking groin protector.

Armour to protect against bullets, and shrapnel, are entirely different. Think of where a shooter is most likely to be attacking from, compared to where a bomb is most likely to be placed.
Obviously a plate carrier is not designed for you to be stepping on "assailants", whereas IBAs are.
>>
>>30434552
Don't wear designer jeans or I will kick you in the fucking teeth with steal-toe boots.
>>
>>30437619
Is this some kind of joke about the blisters people get from their "Opurator Teer" boots?
>>
>>30434636

poorfag tears are delicious
>>
>>30437648
No. I just hate when people wear their $150 jeans when they are trying to be a gear queer. I would prefer to wear steel toe boots when kicking them in the teeth to inflict max damage, is all.
>>
>>30437444
+1

>>30434672
i remember when eo techs were cool

then the scandal happened
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 288x269) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 288x269
>>30437700
>steal toe
>Ability:Joke missed

All cool though man, I just feel you probably need to get some help for this. Operating in jeans outside of a jungle environment is bad enough, it doesn't really matter what jeans after that, it's all about comfort.
>>
File: CIMG0403.jpg (3 MB, 2032x1520) Image search: [Google]
CIMG0403.jpg
3 MB, 2032x1520
>>30437558

I have one of those USMC sites kicking around here somewhere.
>>
>>30437574
>No shit mate, most have a fucking groin protector.
Without the detachable groin protector. I never wore that. Most people in the military don't wear it, unless it it specifically said you have to.
>>
>>30437883
You are talking about a totally different piece of equipment with a totally different use, regardless of wether you wear all of it or not.

What the fuck role were you that you are this retarded? An EODead?
>>
>>30438032
Plate carrier - carries a plate
IBA - carries a plate, and provides some frag protection
Where her plate is inside her carrier is EXACTLY where it would be inside an IBA.
>>
>>30438078
One is designed with small arms protection in mind, the other is primarily frag protection.
An IBA has an intergrated upper torso protective layer, which is why it is worn however it fits, whereas a plate carrier relies on being able to correctly protect the whole area of the lungs and heart.
>>
>>30436661
This. A lot of plate carriers are designed to be worn way too low. The plate should be covering the apex of your lungs as well as part of your subclavian vein.
>>
>>30438146
>>30438162
See this, as it is exactly what I am trying to tell you. Plate carriers need to be carefully adjusted to protect that upper section, especially in the urban comabt of modern days, where a elevated shooter is somewhat likely.
>>
>>30438146
>One is designed with small arms protection in mind, the other is primarily frag protection.
The IBA, without the ceramic plates installed, can protect from fragmentation, as well as pistol calibers up to I think 9mm, possibly higher, but the military doesn't require that for testing. With the sapi ceramic plate in, it is designed to protect all the prior, with the addition of small arms up to 7.62 NATO. If you have the esapi plate, it will protect up to 30-06.
>>
>>30438202
Yes, but if there is an elevated shooter, they aren't aiming at your collarbone. They are aiming either center mass or at your dome. And if you say "Well, I would aim there hurr durr", I would ask why? Why would you not aim at their exposed face? More of a chance to hit there than right above the plate. Or how about in the upper thigh? Bigger target.
>>
>>30438243
Not that guy, but I don't see how your statement refutes the notion that plates should be worn level with the collarbone. You're maximizing coverage of your vital organs this way. Any lower and you are compromising protection of your lungs and several major blood vessels.
>>
We are getting off focus guys, this isn't gear queer 69.0
>>30436202
>Sometimes they hire ex-SWAT guys that worked in big metro cities. I'd imagine they're also ex-mil along with being former SWAT
I have looked into SWAT but it seems they prefer ex-mil guys too. Looks like a one way road for me.
>>
>>30438216
The IBA is anti-fragmentation, primarily used by mounted infantry to protect from IEDs. It's bullet protection is one of the reasons it was phased out, due to it being a piece of shit.

>>30438243
>muhreen takes knee in downtown Shitistan
>I shoot centre-mass with my over-zeroed AKS
>pulling down to avoid recoil
>I hit high on his chest if at all

When someone is shooting down, with a relatively wide angle, and a shitty sight, they will be going centre mass, and it will pull high.
Why do you think the military tries to ensure everyone wears their plates high?
>>
>>30436083
The 2 kids to the far left are probably going to be the only ones going to enlist and then look back at this and hate that they ever did this. Also Kid with the sword could be more creative and make it a dildo sword.
>>
>>30438394
IBA was stated of being anti-frag + 9mm SMG, AKA around NIJ Level IIa to II. It certainly is a step above PASGT, which already could stop handgun rounds in prime condition.

That being said, I'd prefer having 360 frag protection with the possibility of stopping 9mm and 00 buck + rifle plates on my chest and back, than just one or the other.
>>
>>30435877
Spinning.
It's a good trick.
>>
>>30435893
10/10
>>
>>30435893
the corner of my moth twiched up and i snorted a little: this is the happiest i've been in weeks. thankyou.
still going to hang myself next week though
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.