[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do Glocks have any negatives, if you get a drop-in trigger kit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13
File: Glock17_.jpg (735 KB, 1600x1062) Image search: [Google]
Glock17_.jpg
735 KB, 1600x1062
Do Glocks have any negatives, if you get a drop-in trigger kit and some metal sights?
>>
>>30430880
You'll be made fun of for owning a glawknade. Other than that they're fine.
>>
File: image.png (347 KB, 500x562) Image search: [Google]
image.png
347 KB, 500x562
>>30430880
Guaranteed replies: the thread.
They're great pistols. Reliable and affordable. Don't like em? Don't buy one.
>>
File: 1463662543943.jpg (777 KB, 776x775) Image search: [Google]
1463662543943.jpg
777 KB, 776x775
>>30430880
>made of plastic
>gross striker trigger (kind of redundant)
>subpar but not offensive ergonomics
>generally overpriced for what it is if new
Other then that, fine guns. nothing really wrong with them. aftermarket is hella abundant and mags are cheap (and made of plastic, gross!) They're just a lot less unique these days. In a sea of striker fired polymer frames, they fail to stand out with anything other then their brand.
>>
>>30430917
This is honestly the truth.
>>
>>30430917
This^

Also if you're like me and like SDA instead of the corney trigger safety then thats a negative. I think having SDA is slightly safer. (I'm refering to Sig setups i.e. SDA with decocker no safety).

Its easier/better to manually rack during reloads instead of use the slide stop because glock intentionally made the slide release small because manual racking is better. However if you don't care to do that and like to use the slide release like me its a negative.

Plastic (I like steel frames)
>>
I have mixed feelings. My g22 was very reliable (1 malfunction in 2000 rounds), but my g42 malfunctions almost once a magazine and across multiple mags.
Glocks are what I see choke the most at competitions (possibly bad handloads).
I'd still trust a g19 with my life if I didn't love my da/sa guns so much
>>
>>30430880

>drop-in trigger kit
>metal sights

Glock trigger is fine, stop trying to buy shooting skills and work on your trigger pull instead. Also, the fuck you mean "metal sights"? Out of all the fucking things that are poly and work great, you've decided for some idiot reason that sights NEED to be metal?

just fuck right off with your bullshit

>I don't even like glocks
>you're just guntarded
>>
File: 1466994276438.png (101 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1466994276438.png
101 KB, 320x240
>>30430880
I dunno dude. What's your plan for WROL? I got a POU but you got a gear check coming first.
>>
Glocks should cost $400 that's my only complaint. Also they took way too long getting to the 9mm single stack party.
>>
>>30430880

as an attention whoring trip fag that's full of baseless opinions and abandonment issues, here's what I think you need to know;

>the famed Glock "reliability" is now just "standard"
>nearly any modern design pistol is as reliable as a Glock
>nearly any modern design pistol has an equal or better trigger
>Glocks are fat as fuck compared to competitor models
>4.6" instead of 4.5"
>no option for a 5"
>asinine number system for their model names
>ugly as fuck
>mediocre ergonomics
>still somehow $500+ new

I don't really get it desu. there are a lot of options that stand out of the crowd, and glock isn't one of them. sure, it set the standard for what a pistol should be, but Glock as done exactly dick to keep up with a developing market. they just keep making the same gun over and over.

It's innovate or die and Glock just doesn't get it
>>
>>30430880
>Do Glocks have any negatives
yes...fags seem to love them.
otherwise it's a solid pistol.
>>
>>30431406
>Glock trigger is fine, stop trying to buy shooting skills and work on your trigger pull instead.

That's like saying cheap knives from Walmart are there perfect tool to become a master sous chef. Or, all I need is this string with a hook on the end, and I'll win this fishing competition. Or, I'll buy these cheap golf clubs and be a zero handicap in no time! Or, (get my point yet?)...

Can you learn to shoot on a stock glock trigger? Sure. Can you learn to shoot better in less time while picking up fewer bad habits using a trigger of higher quality? Almost certainly yes.

Stop projecting your poorfag attitude on others.
>>
File: 1434731973486.jpg (104 KB, 974x1318) Image search: [Google]
1434731973486.jpg
104 KB, 974x1318
>>30431512
>That's like saying cheap knives from Walmart are there perfect tool to become a master sous chef

no it isn't faggot, stop trying to strawman

> Or, all I need is this string with a hook on the end, and I'll win this fishing competition
>Or, I'll buy these cheap golf clubs and be a zero handicap in no time!
> (get my point yet?)...
that you're an unbearable faggot? yeah you were pretty clear

meanwhile, people who can actually shoot win competitions and go into combat with unmodified glocks all the time.

>Stop projecting your poorfag attitude on others

stop pretending you know what you're talking about you nogunz triple nigger
>>
>>30430880
>Awkward grip angle
>Gimmicky striker trigger
>plastic mags
>Ugly as fuck (imo)
There are so many better striker pistols out there for the same price or cheaper. Glocks are outdated and being outdone by S&W, Walther, Sig, HK, CZ, and others.
>>
>>30431512
The trigger isn't going to teach you.
Get some actual training, not just blasting ammo pointlessly.
Stop projecting your lack of quality training onto those who are actually serious about shooting well
>>
File: jeff-dee-halfling.jpg (33 KB, 400x260) Image search: [Google]
jeff-dee-halfling.jpg
33 KB, 400x260
>>30431406
>the stock glock trigger is fine, just get gud fegit
you should pop by /arg/ some day. they'd have fun with you
>>
>>30431512
Funny you bring up the golf comparison because it's so similar. People without skills try to make up for it by buying the latest greatest most expensive thing. The top golfers with ghetto clubs would kick the shit out of any average player just the same as a pro with a shit trigger. Don't get me wrong I love a nice trigger but it's not necessary to shoot accurate and quick.
>>
File: costa.jpg (169 KB, 481x720) Image search: [Google]
costa.jpg
169 KB, 481x720
>>30431406
you're the first person I've actually seen defend stock glock sights.
Congratulations, I guess
>>
File: HIckok451.jpg (56 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
HIckok451.jpg
56 KB, 600x400
>>30431676

good job faggot, you made no point, contributed nothing, and only posted so you could feel involved.
>>
File: 07.jpg (103 KB, 1200x884) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
103 KB, 1200x884
>>30431716
Nah, I just honestly think I'd be funny. No need to be butthurt, I'm not insulting your austrian zytel masterpiece
>p.s.
>I've been in this thread longer then you
>don't tell anybody
>it's a secret
>>
>>30431676

Aftermarket triggers are fine for range toys, the stock glock trigger however is a consistent 4.5lbs which is about as light as you would want for carry on a striker fired pistol.
>>
>>30431406
I used to think the plastic sights were fine too, until I sheered the front sight off my Glock 17. They are ridiculously easy to break.
>>
>>30431406

>glock trigger is fine

Compared to what? A nagant trigger?
>>
They're ugly as fuck. If I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars on a gun it needs to at least look decent.
>>
>>30431406
Agreed
>>
>>30431422
i need some help on modding my glock. mind taking 40 minutes to tell me that you use an extended mag release?
>>
>>30432161
>Compared to what? A nagant trigger?

Are you referring to the nypd connector and spring, the + connector on 19s, the . connector on 17s, or the - connector on 34s?
>>
File: 1465367265586.jpg (4 MB, 3072x2048) Image search: [Google]
1465367265586.jpg
4 MB, 3072x2048
>>30430880
They're good guns, but after many years of buying and selling guns to fit my collection to my tastes, I've ended up with only one Glock in my collection of 15 other handguns, the Glock 20, and even that is far from perfect. I only haven't traded it up because there are no other legitimate options for a high capacity, fast-shooting wilderness handgun (although an HK USP-45 and running .45 Super through it is starting to appeal to me lately).

I will say about the Glock 20, that it can be picky with some "full power" ammo (and I've owned two!). There are a couple Underwood TMJ loadings that it consistently chokes on, but I've never had an issue with Double Tap. Glock says it's designed to function best with the "downloaded" factory standard ammo. Anyway, it definitely doesn't live up to Glock's famed reliability, at least not like my Glock 19 did, which never malfunctioned once in the time I owned it.

>>30430917
Pretty much this. The only really legitimate criticism is the ergonomics, and even that isn't everything. Other facets of the Glock are less than perfect, but still very good and serviceable.

>>30431406
>Glock trigger is fine, stop trying to buy shooting skills and work on your trigger pull instead.
I agree for the most part, although I recently dremeled a slight curve into the front of the trigger dingus on my Glock 20 so it sits flush with the rest of the trigger shoe, and it feels much better on my finger to shoot.

>Also, the fuck you mean "metal sights"?
You're wrong. Small protrusions from the slide are prone to breakage when the gun is dropped.

>>30431482
>Glocks are fat as fuck compared to competitor models
No, they're not.

>>30431512
You're missing your own point. The appeal of a "nicer" tool isn't to make use with that tool easier for a beginner. It's to bring out the full potential of an experienced expert. If you can't shoot well with a stock Glock trigger, then you won't be able to shoot well with a $150 upgraded trigger either.
>>
>>30430880
Glocks are pretty much the best jack of all trades, master of none handguns on the market.

They're cheap and they work well enough for whatever general task you need them to do, they'll never out performer higher end pistols at certain tasks but they were never meant to.
>>
>>30432538
They are like the Ak of pistols, they are good at being reliable.
>>
>>30432724

>They are like the Ak of pistols
That would be the Makarov
>>
>>30432739
underpowered as shit?
>>
>>30432756
Maybe but they're still borderline impossible to kill.
>>
If you need a trigger kit for a glock you have baby fingers.
>>
>>30431697
and then the same pro would hyper stomp their anus into oblivion with extreme prejudice if only they weren't using trash clubs, and likely the clubs would be the cause of many a shabby hit, to which they would meet their demise bent betwixt the grass and the undying rage of a professional golfer using shitty clubs. Are we all seriously so autistic we can't agree that good things are better than bad things?
>>
>>30432787
The idea is if you learn to shoot good with a subpar trigger, you'll shoot amazing with a high end trigger.
>>
>>30430917
Theyre too big for girly hnds :( i can't reach the mag release or slide release without having to Handsgun or turn it sideways.
>>
>>30432846
if you get used to hammering home a cheap driver you're swing is going to get off once you get a nice one. Nice try though.
>>
>>30430917
Who's that qt?
>>
I put a new trigger kit in my 17 last month and it feels like a brand new gun. It's helped me shave a lot of time on the courses, even with just the confidence of knowing I'm going to shoot better. Worked really hard to get a good trigger pull with the factory set up, but the trigger job finally pushed me into making real, meaningful progress.
>>
>>30430917
>>30430917
>>30430917
>>30430917
>>
>>30431482
As a guy that doesn't really care for flocks, which is why I'm in this thread, they aren't fat compared to their competition AT ALL and the naming system is fine. Certainly no worse than S&W or colts. Its patent based.

My only real complaint is the finger grooves
>>
>>30433261
Many people give shit for Glock being FAT AS FATASS, but compare one to say .40 SIG P229, which truly is THICC
>>
File: scales.png (813 KB, 711x975) Image search: [Google]
scales.png
813 KB, 711x975
>>30432993
Pico, from the Boku no Pico series.
>>
>>30432885
honestly i find them a little skinny

i really like the way the p226 feels, but that mag release is in such a retarded place idk if i can justify buying one
>>
>this many glock shills

I'm not even surprised
>>
>>30430880
Glock knuckle (ez fix), a little lack of tolerance in the frame, and sometimes a limp wrist failure. All of these have solutions as simple as buy a part or don't hold your gun like a bitch, etc.
>>
>>30432993
>>30434463
best anime ever
>>
File: ENOUGH_HARMONY.jpg (140 KB, 545x429) Image search: [Google]
ENOUGH_HARMONY.jpg
140 KB, 545x429
Should I get a glawk brand glawk or get an m&p with an apex trigger?
>>
>>30434918
But why should the solution be buy a part to fix a gun out of the box?

Is that not an indicator that this gun cannot hold up to others hitting in its weight class or below (financially speaking)?
>>
>>30435199
it's an indication that the gun was not made for target shooting

it was meant to be drawn in haste and accurately emptied into a target less than 5m away. the only failure the glock is prone to is operator failure, eg limpwristing causing failure to eject
>>
>>30430880
the "safety"
>>
>>30433036
link/name?
>>
>>30435771
How does it feel to be so incompetent that you can't manage not pulling the trigger
>>
>>30432787
>and then the same pro would hyper stomp their anus into oblivion with extreme prejudice if only they weren't using trash clubs
No, they would do about the same. The biggest difference between high end golf clubs and low end ones, are the "sweet spot" on the head. Low end clubs have a larger sweet spot, to allow for inexperienced players to learn to be accurate on their hits. High end clubs have a very small, very specific spot. Pros use those because they already have the skill required to hit that small spot over and over and over and over again. Take a low skill player, give them the high end clubs, he is going to be hooking and slicing all over the fairway.
>>
>>30430880
.40 doesn't fully support chamber

grip angle is an issue for some users

stupid finger grooves are uncomfortable with large/small hands

have to pull trigger to drop striker during disassembly

stamped metal and tupperware construction (not a functional issue but things like the bolt hold and frame feel cheap)

More sensitive to weak wristing than many other guns (I've seen lots more newbies have fte issues with glocks than its competitors)

Polygonal rifling shouldn't be used with cast bullets, reducing reloading options

Stiker fire carries some downsides of both single and double action.

no second strike capability

If you're in the market for a basic plastic frame gun a glock is the standard others are measured by. they're a solid gun, but they aren't the nicest, cheapest, or best designed pistol.
>>
>>30432942
Yeah, let's not compare apples and oranges. The advantage to using a heavier "stock" trigger is that it can amplify any bad trigger habits you have like jerking, pulling with the joint, or dragging wood. This will be easier to detect when looking at your groups, because you're using more force to pull the thing. On a nice 1.5lb match trigger, it's going to make that bad habbit much less apparent, because you don't have to exert as much force on the rifle, which prevents your bad habit from pulling the rifle as far out of alignment during your firing sequence. Going immediately to an ultra-light trigger without first mastering propper trigger control can help "mask" bad habits like this, which only hurts you more in the long run, after spending thousands of rounds and hundreds of hours drilling the wrong technique into yourself.
>>
>>30436345
alright so whats a "better" option for someone looking to CC a g27?

I like the feel of it, and I like the .40, but 550$ for one feels expensive.
>>
File: 1448701836288.gif (151 KB, 538x194) Image search: [Google]
1448701836288.gif
151 KB, 538x194
>>30436345
>no second strike capability

The only reason this stupid ass term exists is because Sig needed to market their lame ass DAK along with HK's LEM.

You don't pull the fucking trigger again when a gun goes click. You eject that fucking round out

Holy shit
>>
>>30430880

some people don't like the grip angle and I definitely hate the trigger safety
>>
>>30436446
Just look around for a used one. I got a Gen 3 with no wear marks, spare magazines, and pinky extensions(and a cheapo extendo for some reason) for $379.99.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.