[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would we fix this game, but make it fun as well?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11
File: battlefield-1.jpg (322 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
battlefield-1.jpg
322 KB, 1920x1080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDAxiex7w9s

I tried fixing up the trailer a bit, what else would /k/ do to fix this game? Making bolt actions a bigger part as opposed to recon specific would be first on my list.
>>
I like it, if that's actually yours then good job
>>
>>30425846
Add the French and Russians.
>>
File: 1464976449731.jpg (57 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1464976449731.jpg
57 KB, 500x333
Reset people above level 100 back to zero at random, have the chance increase the closer to 140 you get
Make rockets go faster, do more damage
>and fucking fix the team balancing
But from a /k/ perpective, remake the game and center it around bolt guns/bolt gun combat
>>
>>30425846

You have to reach a certain level before you get to be a Storm or Assault Trooper, thereby granting you access to early submachine guns
>>
>>30425846
basically make everyone use bolt actions with iron sights only until a certain rank, at which point you can use all the silly prototype shit.
>>
Actual trench based warfare.
Sappers laying down landmine fields
no parachutes.
>>
On Christmas, playing Battlefield 1 reenacts the truce. football, open chatting etc
>>
>>30425846
That's pretty unsettling with that music.
>Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit-Bag, and Smile, Smile, Smile
>As some Kraut brutalizes a Brit's face with a spade.
I like it.
>>
>>30425846
just remake Verdun in unity
maybe add a tank or two
>>
>>30425846
Remove the niggers.
>>
>>30425846
Keep the crazier weapons first off, exactly how often are you going to see things like the Federov Avtomat or Villar Perosa in games compared to Lee Enfields, Springfield 1903s, Mosins, and other bolt actions?

Maybe just make them uncommon in some way, but not in a way that makes people fight over them because that never leads to anything good.

They also better have a periscope rifle
>>
>>30427730
We wuz Europeans n shiet
>>
>>30427823
Oh, and they also better have the Thompson Persuader, belt fed .45 acp would be the most amazing thing.
>>
>>30427723
>unity
eww
>>
File: IMG_20160626_192052.jpg (176 KB, 713x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160626_192052.jpg
176 KB, 713x960
>>30427730
Forgot image
>>
>>30427730
What's more important, historical accuracy, or showing equality? Personally I think there should be female soldiers too.
>>
>>30427868
did you not see the bedouin female warrior
>>
>>30427868
>>30427857

>Not having a multiplayer maps set during the East Africa Campaign for African German soldiers.
>>
>>30427730
>>30427837
B-but my acceptance of diversity professor told me white people were eeevuuul and only poor black people died during ww1 against patriarchal white nazis. How are you suggesting the opposite ?
#I can't even
#Can you just... not?
>>
File: my nigga paulie.jpg (54 KB, 536x800) Image search: [Google]
my nigga paulie.jpg
54 KB, 536x800
>>30427881
wouldn't that be nice
>>
>>30427723
Verdun uses Unity.
>>
>>30425846
>what else would /k/ do to fix this game?
Fixing it is pretty easy, just stop trying to make a Call of Duty game. I mean Battlefield has never been about autist accuracy, but at the same time if I wanted to play CoD I'd buy one of those not BF.

>bolt actions are 90% of the guns until you hit pretty much max level
>once you unlock experimental stuff you just get a perk for a chance to pick it up, it's random who on team with the perk actually gets to start with it
>aircraft fly like the basic motorised kites they were, not F-16s
>tanks are slow as shit and die easily (I swear there's a moment a mk1 bounces a shot from a field gun in that trailer)
>gas rounds are an arty perk, players have to manually complete a qte (because everyone fucking loves those, but this is one time it would be relevant) to put their mask on, chance your mask gets fucked from being shot
>>
>>30425846
Don't buy it
>>
>>30427730
But anon.

Then you can't SHOOT Niggers.

Think about it.
>>
>>30427730
but muh Harlem Hellfighters
>>
>>30425846
Simple. Fuck the class system. It's unfun and restraining. Fully customizable kits.
>>
File: Corperal Hitler.jpg (18 KB, 260x311) Image search: [Google]
Corperal Hitler.jpg
18 KB, 260x311
No long range team communication. Have to be in shouting distance.

The designated message runner class is picture related
>>
>>30428152
which means everyone runs around with an mp-18 or Lewis gun
>>
>>30428168
sounds interesting actually
>>
>>30428152
this is not CoD nigger
>>
>implying making it realistic and believable wouldnt make it extremely fun and engaging
>>
>>30428152
>Why am I forced to play a role in a team-based game
literally CoD-tier faggot
>>
You only get to play the game for 2 weeks before you're rotated behind the lines. German players go home to Berlin, Brits to Paris, eat french bread, dodge Paris Siege gun shells, bang some french whores, get the clap and come back to the front line worse off then when you were at the front to begin with.

Railway Artillery. I cannot stress this enough.
>>
>>30425846
Dump it in the trash can and go play RO2 the only worthwhile game that is actually fun, well balanced and somewhat accurate.
>>
>>30428232
It's like you've never heard of Verdun
>>
>>30428232

RO2 converted into the WW1 Eastern Front.
>>
>>30428234
Fuck verdun, RO2 is for real OGs.
>>
>>30428240
I hope you die choking on dick you fucking nigger bitch faggot
>>
You would need to do a completely different game with a different engine and different devs. That pile of shit is beyond any redomption.
>>
>>30425846
Make the bolt guns good, every chest shot should be a one shot. but battlefield is about being retarded and spraying as much as possible, its only gotten worse over the years.
>>
>>30428248
Calm down, pham. Verdun might be fun but it's very limited compared to RO2
>>
all the guns that aren't bolt actions are varying degrees of unreliable.

Most machine guns need you too reload water.

tanks are piss slow and break down a lot.

bi planes will snap a wing if you turn too hard at too fast a speed.

the zepplins fly too high. bi planes that go for them will stall and engines die.

all the NPCs are incredibly racist.

minigames between shooting levels. Where you have to play Jazz to the french and white americans; or you do menial labor in the rear. don't mishandle a shell on the explosives handler game, or KABOOM!

frequent chemical weapon attacks. you have to put on your mask and the screen is reduced down to two little circles of vision.

then you go home after the war and out run a move of white people trying to lynch you for looking at a white girl.
>>
>>30428264
I'll probably snag it when I get the chance. I was really excited to get verdun and since the summer sale came up I bought a 4pack and gave some copies out.
>>
>>30428288
>>30428264
Fuck it I just got it. It's $7.49 for the deluxe edition right now.
>>
>tfw no Lusitania survival minigame
>>
File: image.jpg (955 KB, 1400x1017) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
955 KB, 1400x1017
>By adding the French who they are just letting them sit out and say they did nothing.
Tell this man his sacrifice is forgotten and worthless
>>
As far as it being a battlefield game, it actually a good improvement and actually becoming less casual friendly in some ways (like how enemies are spotted and shown and how one hit kills have some requirements).

Would it nice to have something like hardcore mode in which the majority of players just have bolt actions, or give servers the ability to set up matchs with role limitations? Sure, I'd take that. I have no issues about it not being more autistic in terms of realistic representation of weapons and race though, since I know it's a fucking battlefield game.
>>
What's the most /k/ game
>>
>>30428368
Yeah I don't really care about the blacks or the semiauto rifles either, as long as the animations are nice, and the guns feel good.

That said, the pseudo red dot thing they added is uggo as fuck.
>>
This should really be called 'Battlefield 1919 secret weapons of WWI'.
>>
>>30428295
Noice, you won't regret it.
>>
File: 1462699782737.jpg (54 KB, 305x444) Image search: [Google]
1462699782737.jpg
54 KB, 305x444
>>30428376
Nekopara.
>>
I'm not buying this fucking bullshit game until Russia and France are added.

France and Russia gave so many lives in WW1 and took so much abuse, it's fucking disrespectful of those Swedish cuckfaggots to not include them but they'll include the US who did fuck all until 1917.
>>
>>30428168
I would enjoy that game mechanic actually.

>capture position with an artillery piece
>runner comes up to my squad
>"objective C is being heavily defended by a group of enemies in a two story house."
> squad proceeds to shell house until nothing but craters and rubble remains
>runner comes back
>"the objective is ours, but objective A just fell to a massive counter attack, we need your squad to help assault the position."
>runner moves on to alert other squads to attack
>a sizable force moves in to battle for the objective

I see no issue with having this class, the extra immersion would be fun as fuck.
>>
>>30428418
Yeah, its as bad as Call of Duty World at War, I never once got to play as a Canadian in that shit game and loads of them died, fucking Treyarch and their SJW agenda!
>>
>>30428168
Ventrilo, Teamspeak, Mumble, and Discord are hardly new.
>>
>>30428670
>a game centered around the pacific and eastern front should include canadians
wew

its even worse considering the multiplayer map they're showing off is located in france, and there are even french tanks and shit
>>
>>30428210
>Battlefiled
>Team based
Maybe in a private match with friends, but otherwise its only a team game in the sense that you're on one of two teams.
That's about it.
>>
>>30427576
Verdun did this, it was great.
>>
>>30425846
slow down tanks
speed up planes
horses can spook
you don't get to choose where you deploy, you just have a 90% chance to deploy into a trench and die to automated shelling
>>
>>30428716
>>horses can spook
>>horses need buff, people keep shooting at them and now they're useless
>>worst perk, even worse than bread carrier perk
>>
File: Play-the-past-Verdun.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Play-the-past-Verdun.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>30425846
we already fixed the game, it's called Verdun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXHIRsJRZDA
>>
>>30428226
Germans didnt rotate their troops
>>
File: littleBirdFire.webm (855 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
littleBirdFire.webm
855 KB, 1280x720
>>30428376
COMBAT: IRL
>>
1. Get rid of sidearms for all
2. Replace the Assault class' SMG with pistols or revolvers and give them lots of grenades and mobility
3. Only one submachine gun, the MP-18 and make it a battlefield pickup similar to the M82 in Bf4 but sprinkle them around the map generously
4. still make semi-autos available, but make them only have 60% of the damage that bolt guns do and 80% of the accuracy
5. Make bipods mandatory on machineguns but still allow them to be fired from the hip like in RO2 but make hip-fire a little more accurate but slows you down. Also have overheating in tandem with ammo limits
6. create a new rifleman class that carries a bolt-action primarily but have melee bonuses but no extra gadgets
>>
>>30428395
Only with mods
>>
>>30425846
I just wish Dice could make a legible trailer. All these hard cuts to black, zoomed fast cut out of context pans and action shots like the pistols shooting at the dove(?) in the tank, it's a fucking mess and it makes my head spin.

Nice song btw OP.
>>
All the crazy weapons could stay so long as they had jamming. Bolt actions? reliable as hell. MP18? Notoriously shifty.
>>
>>30428237
They have that on the bloodbath servers I think it's called aufmash or something
>>
>>30429260
>semi-autos have less damage

No, cut this cancerous shit.
Either make them rare, completely cut, or jam-o-matics like they really were.
>>
Honestly, BF1 would be amazing if:

>Keep the Graphics
>Ditch the SJW / PC crap
>Verdun-style trench focus
>RO2-style tanks and anti-tank rifles/canons
>Forgotten Hope planes

>RO2-style slots for maps to limit special weapons
>64 players +
>Spintires Mud
>Semi-autos work fine until you lay in the mud, then % chance of jam increases. That makes them stationary guns or for trench clearing, but not great at advancing no man's.
>Stop trying to make it symmetrical
>>
>>30431593
>>Keep the Graphics
>>Ditch the SJW / PC crap
>>Verdun-style trench focus
>>RO2-style tanks and anti-tank rifles/canons
>>Forgotten Hope planes
I agree with 100% of it.

If BF1 was like this I might stop my boycott of origin just to play it
>>
>>30428730
this is the game that's causing me to spend way too much time on gunbroker and in pawn shops looking for the Gewehr 88/05 and Ross Rifle
>>
>>30432105
>tfw when I have an M1917 proof marked for WWI while I'm playing the game.

I need to get a bayonet though.
>>
File: WWnone.jpg (33 KB, 829x675) Image search: [Google]
WWnone.jpg
33 KB, 829x675
>>30425846
>WWI game
>"fun"

Also, who the fuck is this guy at 1:46?
>>
>>30432306
Armored German?
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.