[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marines of /k/, I'm planning on joining the Corps as an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10
File: MC-Flag.gif (18 KB, 430x260) Image search: [Google]
MC-Flag.gif
18 KB, 430x260
Marines of /k/,

I'm planning on joining the Corps as an MP and then becoming a cop instead of going to college and doing the same thing. This isn't really a deal breaker for joining the Corps but one thing I'm wondering is how do you go about getting with women while living on a predominantly male barracks and moving around all the time? I feel like if I go to college getting women would be much easier.
>>
>>30423979
>Joining the Muhreens
>Expecting women
>>
File: EGA TAT.png (12 KB, 223x225) Image search: [Google]
EGA TAT.png
12 KB, 223x225
do yourself a favor and join the Army or Air Force. Or neither. Prior marine fag here
>>
>>30424233
For real man? Why?
>>
You can't spell wimp without the MP.
>>
>>30423979
if you're a marine, you simply rape a local.
>>
>>30423979
>MP
Fuck off to the Army or something. The Corps already has enough cunt-shitting niggerfaggot MPs.
>>
>>30424245
Not that marine fag because at the end of the day it's all the same bullshit. Just AF gets it better. Now in the event that you are looking for a specific Mos then maybe. But the AF has most if not all mos' the corps has.
>>
File: gk.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
gk.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>30424245
You will have a sense of accomplishment after finishing boot camp and MCT. You will feel good, until you hit the fleet and realize for the next 4 years you are going to be stuck on a shitty base, surrounded by Marines that are more than likely going to piss you off more than any other people you've been around. Everything within a 50 mile radius of base is going to be shitty as well because its just going to be the marines you are stationed with, and retired crusty faggots that think theyre still in the corps. Dont forget the dependas, and the people that make a living off dumbass new joins. Expect long hours of doing fucking nothing, and playing fuck-fuck games. Your barracks room will be fucking shitty, your higher ups will be shitty, your peers will be shitty.
>>
>>30424245
muhreen corps sucks

tell your recruiter a handful of prior and currently active duty marines told you so. I've been in 14 years and i can promise you the next 6 or so years in the corps is going to suck doubly so if shillary becomes president

if he asks why just tell him its all politics and grab ass favoritism like being in highscool all over again. If i wasn't 6 years from retiring i would have gotten out last year
>>
>>30424284
*dependapotami

...or dependapotamidae if you're into the whole taxonomy of parasitic flesh anchors sort of thing.
>>
>>30423979
Yeah that's a good idea. You're gonna go to boot camp, MCT, and you'll get a duty station. You'll stay there for 3 years, and you won't really move around unless you re-enlist. The off chance you get Japan you'll stay there for 2 years, and come back stateside for a year-ish before EASing.
>>
>>30424286
This.

>its all politics and grab ass favoritism like being in highscool all over again

Look OP, I see these threads all the time and I usually just let them go without putting my experience in. I was a MP FAP for 6 months and it was an extremely boring job. As a new MP, you're more than likely going to be standing gate duty for probably a year. It'll be 12 hours on, 12 off. 2-3 days with 1-2 days rest. Waving car after car in, and every so often someone will try to shove their green dick in your ass because muh rank. Then you will get off post, often later than you should. Then you'll spend an hour or so picking up cigarette butts and pieces of trash smaller than your finger nail. This will be a reoccurring theme in the USMC, field daying. I've spent countless hours in the Corps picking up fucking trash, trash that a normal human eye cant even see. Countless hours picking up broken glass that some asshole smashed the weekend prior. Expect your time to be wasted over and over for years.
>>
>>30424284
That sounds pretty shitty alright, but how will the Army or AF be better?
>>
>>30424353
Air force get treated like actual human beans, I assume the Army is similar.

You're probably going to be sent to Camp Lejeune where would-be careers die.
>>
>>30424352
Fuck, I'm really fucking glad I asked about this shit here first.
>>
>>30424233
>>30423979

This, I'm in the AF and have been to friends barracks on their army bases and heard stories from a marine friend. We have it objectively the best out of any branch.
>>
File: 1346705482816.jpg (8 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1346705482816.jpg
8 KB, 240x240
>>30424352
but if nobody in the barracks smokes how are there cigarette butts in the smokepit and parking lot?

mfw i used to make people that locked their keys in their rooms pick up at least 1 pound of trash before i opened their rooms with the master key.

easy field day for everyone
>>
>>30424353
AF security forces pretty much the same job. Except you don't have to give people tickets for parking in an officer'said parking spot. Going 5 miles over the ridiculous speed limit and have everyone hate your guts. Also MP's don't see a lot of action. Security forces get to shoot, A whole fucking lot.

Army mp: same as the marine mp but less fuckboy shit.

It's like you want to get fucked for doing a job in which every other branch has.
>>
File: punisher top.jpg (138 KB, 614x461) Image search: [Google]
punisher top.jpg
138 KB, 614x461
OP. If you really want to know what Itll be like, I can include you in a group text with me and some of my marine buddies and we can shit on your parade for you. No trolling, no sending you dragon dildos, Im legit. Email me at deltaspartan75@aim if you want that. Im too drunk to keep typing this shit out
>>
>>30424286
Hah, that's how all the good NCOs feel. I had a conversation with one of my Sgts before I got out:
>Me: How can you stand it here, (several unit specific shits and general bitching), I hate this shit
>Sgt: ... Yeaaaaaaah, but I got a lot of nice things, a house a car, so i think I'm just gonna stick around and get my retirement.

Great Sgt too. I was a little surprised at how rational he is.

>>30424353
>>30424352
MPs work 3 days on 3 days off 2 days on 2 days off when doing gate duty. Every other week they have a 72. Don't lie muh dude. There's some bullshit involved, but I treated it like 'paying my dues' because after you get out, people have an easy time hiring a Marine.
>>
>>30424268
Are MP's actually faggots in the Corps or are you upset you got a ticket once?
>>
File: 1350235943757.jpg (115 KB, 1024x763) Image search: [Google]
1350235943757.jpg
115 KB, 1024x763
>>30424392
>deltaspartan75@aim
>>
>>30424380
lil meanie.
>>
>>30424397
people shit on the MPs because they actually were doing something wrong or because they try to fit in. All the MPs I met were pretty cool though

>>30424406
we were all 12 at one time
>>
>>30424381
You can't get a ticket for parking in any spots except for the Base CO and XO. Everything else is arbitrary and based on the honor system.
>>
File: IMG_2947.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2947.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Don't join the Marines. Its very watered down now. I'm stationed were they do boot camp and because a recruit committed suicide DIs are being told to tone it down and stop screaming and stuff. Join a bigger branch you'll have more option on where to live and everything. The Corps is fucking broke you'll be slinging around a broke ass beretta checking IDs at a gate 8-12 hours a day for 4 years. Traffic stops include pulling over marines doing 4mph over and giving them a ticket because base general's get relieved if theres ever a fender bender on base.
>>
>>30424395
What's a 72?
>>
>>30424397
You can't get mad at MPs for being a little jaded when some faggot pulls up drunk to his gate post every fucking weekend and he has to choose between, do I put the whole base through 30 million hours of safety briefs for the next two weekends, or do I let this faggot who it's is 3rd time go.

They have to do their job, it's just business, if you're in the military don't fuck around. Drive carefully on a base and use an uber when you're fucked up, and you'll never encounter an MP.
>>
>>30424439
72 hours off,

a three day weekend
>>
>>30424408
you say that but it kept the entire barracks from playing fuck fuck games when a bored sgt maj came sniffing around

>Sgt why is the barracks so clean?
>just a barracks of older cats sgt major
>guess you got it under control then...
>>
>>30424439
3 days off.
>>
>>30424425
this,

plus you will never deploy OP.
>>
>>30424412
People shit on MPs for the same reason people shit on cops. Give a guy a little authority and he just might turn into a huge asshole because of it.

I actually like most cops, and I still dislike your average MP.
>>
>>30424392
Fuck it why not
>>
>wanting to be an MP

Just join the Navy and be an MA, that way you can also act on your homosexual desires by telling me you have to watch the specimen leave the body during urinalysis you faggot
>>
>>30424380
That's fucking brilliant. It would have meant that I would have been picking up trash, but hey, I was the guy who did that anyway.
>>
>>30424453
Hah, no that's cool, at my barracks the duty would grab everyone from a certain wing of the barracks, and rotating every few weeks at 5 am they'd police sweep and spot mop the whole building, took maybe 30 minutes, and you only got it once every two months.
>>
File: IMG_2948.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2948.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>30424460
Yeah OP. If there was a major ground engagement then I would so go for it join the corps and drop bodies but you'll literally just check IDs at a gate and direct traffic. Driving around in a patrol car never going faster than like 35mph cuz you're on base mind you. Join the AF they are big on formal education so you can come out an MP with an education and not be a bitter disgruntled drunk.

If you really want to do this then do it but don't expect anything but basic government work.
>>
MP is cool and all, but if you want some serious coin, go Intel and deploy once. Contractors will pay you like $75K starting, some make up to $150K.
>>
>>30424395
Will I be doing anything other than sitting at a gate?
>>
>>30424516
MPs do train and do cool stuff like shoot shotguns and whatnot. There are MP units that don't do MP stuff its all afghan style stuff like running vehicle control points and personal control search and seizure. But theres two of those in the corps and most MPs in those units extend and stay in the units for years because they don't want to become a fuckn base cop. But a lot of it is directing traffic and checking IDs because who tf else going to do it and it has to be done daily all day. Its not all bad I see em shooting shotguns and m4s around obstacles and shit once in a while.

Im not this guy btw
>>30424395

Just answering your question.
>>
>>30424516
Platoons rotate, you'll do gate duty, which isn't bad, it's boring at worst, and you'll do patrol car on the base. There's opportunities for additional schooling to where you can be on the base SRT (think SWAT), and maybe get NCIS.

When you're new they use you for the worst work until you become proficient, it's just 'paying your dues', it's like the other Marine said maybe up to a year.

But PMO directly correlates with a civilian police officers job, or, and a lot of Marines do this, you can get hired by the Marine Corps as a civilian MP and basically do the same job but be much better paid and really treated.

It's really not a bad career move if you stick with it.
>>
Myrtle Beach, buy a bike learn to ride when you are not deployed
>>
>>30424392
Actually dude, I'm not American so I can't use Aim sorry senpai
>>
>>30424516
Look, here's another thing, you should consider both sides, the Marine Corps is not all it's made up to be, it has things to offer and it has its negatives at times. The other Branches are not "shit" compared to Marines like your recruiter tells you. It's smart of you to post here and hear the opinions of other Marines. I would say there's lots of disgruntled Marines who had a rough time, and you could easily wind up one of them if you don't actively try and prevent that.
>>
>>30424460
Shit man, why don't I get to deploy?
>>
File: 20160627_204724.jpg (3 MB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
20160627_204724.jpg
3 MB, 2988x5312
join if you want a reason to hate yourself OP
>>
>>30424470
>Fantasizing on an anonymous message board about me watching you piss

>I'm the faggot

k
>>
>>30424625
I don't know if most, but a lot of MPs are non-deployable, if you want to gurantee you'll deploy you're going to want to go Air-Wing.

The Air-Wing rotates on MEUs, if you're at a 'flying squadron,' (a battalion of aircraft), you can easily get two MEUs in during your time, but as of right now there aren't really combat deployments.
>>
>>30424635
Good god, SSgt, a coin from POTUS, AND YOU HATE THE CORPS? What happened m8?
>>
>>30424352
I was FAP'd to the gate and it was the best fucking job I ever had in the Corps.
>>
>>30424392
>no sending you dragon dildos
killjoy.
>>
>>30424655
The Marine Corps happened!

And timestamp!
>>
>easy, boring work
>full vet benefits if you make it out with an honorable

im not seeing the problem
>>
>>30424676
tell stories pls.
>>
>>30424655
i'm just naturally a bitter person and i detest the lack of common sense or lack of compassion for junior marines
>>
>>30424682
Found the shop nigger with 5 fucking kids and a fat medically fucked up wife. Dont you have a light duty chit to go get?

Fucking welfare queen.
>>
>>30424697
What's your MOS? Pls greentext some shit.
>>
>>30424702
>nigs with no shave chits

That's 5% disability, right there.
>>
>>30424737
Yup, and they all know it too. Somehow all the niggers in my shop have ringing of the ears back and knee pain with sleep apnea. God damn phenomenon.
>>
>>30424233
>>30424635
>>30424284

Fuck, maybe you guys are right...
>>
>>30424351
How come you're the only guy in this thread that thinks this is a good idea?
>>
>>30424758
Look m8, I'll put it this way, almost everyone has bad shit to say about the Marine Corps, but if you want to be one, you have to put up with the bad shit.

One of my old Sgt Majors told me once that the best part about being a Marine is complaining about being a Marine.

>>30424775
Heh, I dunno man, there's a lot of disgruntled guys, maybe it's just how it is rn on 4Chan, but me personally I would never discourage anybody from joining the Marines, and I got out after 4. It was fun I made good friends, drank a lot and now I'm going to college for free.

I also matured a lot, and I got to go to Afghanistan.

Frankly I enjoyed it.
>>
File: 20160627_210401_001.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160627_210401_001.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>30424723
i'm not very interesting sober

and i was a former MSG so i didn't do anything too special to get the coins but they are all mine and i did get them from the people you'd expect
>>
>>30423979
Just...fucking...go...to...college.

State school doesn't have to be that expensive, pussy everywhere.

Get a damn degree, become a cop if you want to, if not then do something else.

If you still have a boner after 4 years to join the Green Weenie, do it as an officer.
>>
>>30423979
Skip the Marines and go be a cop.
>>
>>30424233
>>30424758
Former Army here.
Join the Air Force.
>>
>>30424808
Man that's what I want to do, minus the college part but still. Is 4 years the minimum service requirement?
>>
>>30423979
also, you will be serving under commander-in-chief

Hillary Clinton or
Donald Trump

really let that sink in for a second...
>>
>>30424951
Yes, but dude, if you're not going to go to college afterwards, maybe do something else. The Post 9-11 GI bill is a full ride, where they pay your college tuition and they pay a housing allowance that tax free for every month you're in school (not counting summers).

If you're not taking advantage of that you're wasting one of the best bennies, and add to that that there aren't many Afghan deployments right now if you aren't MARSOC 0211 intel or something, and to do those jobs you need to join, make NCO and be a bad-ass.
>>
>>30424951
Also yes 4 years is the minimum.
>>
What about for officers? Anyone recommend Marine OCS over other branches? I'd like some ground job like artillery or signals
>>
How easy is landing a Military Police, if you need a regular degree to join a local police force. My guess i need a degree to be a barber in the navy also.
>>
>>30424272
What do they get better, at priotizing who they hire as drone securities like area 51. Im saying the air force employs air force MP at area 51.
>>
>>30424515
How
>>
>>30424904
Is the army really that bad though?

Trying to choose between infantry and some kind of air force job after I graduate college.
>>
>>30424284
This 100

ex air force here. I got paid extra to go TDY to shitty amry/marine bases.
>>
>>30425498
If you're doing infantry you're doing it just to do it. You better have another option, or be going for a mil career.
>>
>>30425992
Well I'll already have a degree and I don't know what the fuck else to do with my life desu
>>
Join the Corps because you want the title and the training but have a plan.
>>
>>30424655
AFfag here, I could have gotten a Chief of Staff and later a POTUS coin when they came to the places I was stationed for speeches but each time I was told that I needed to stay at my desk for work/class.

Word I heard from the guys who did go was that they literally had bins of them for people to grab a coin from, it wasn't the POTUS himself giving you one for something you did.

Coins lost a lot of their meaning when Beltway fuckers learned about them and started copying the practice, and a lot of them are given out for fucking nothing these days, no more than "hey you met this guy"... so who really gives a fuck at that point?
>>
>>30424984
>(not counting summers)
You can take summer classes!
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.