[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Currently living in NY with my wife, looking to move to a state
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: 1466358509112.jpg (52 KB, 542x960) Image search: [Google]
1466358509112.jpg
52 KB, 542x960
Currently living in NY with my wife, looking to move to a state laxer in gun control that's more affordable in general (though I'm told 80% of states are less expensive to live in than NY) and further south. Might move a ways a bit to Vermont, save up, and then move deep south.

Thinking of the following states. In terms of job opportunity, gun laws, and affordability, which would /k/ recommend?

>Ohio
>Virginia/West Virginia
>Delaware
>North Carolina

QT pic unrelated, but eye-catching.
>>
>>30412871
>laxer in gun control

SHALL
>>
>>30412871
West Virginia and North Carolina are probably your best bets.
>>
>>30412871
West Virginia, but make sure you work in either Maryland or Virginia so you can get a massive increase in wages.
>>
File: 1464215157723.jpg (227 KB, 420x567) Image search: [Google]
1464215157723.jpg
227 KB, 420x567
>>30412871
>lives in New York, wants to move to a free state.

> literally anywhere asides from California or Hawaii
>>
>>30412871
Wtf i know this bitch in your pic OP
>>
Tennessee we can carry loaded weapons in our vehicles and hid them too we also have a thing now that you get your carry permit for the rest of your life for only $250 i think they dropped it from $500 and you conceal or ipen carry doesnt matter
>>
>>30412871
Arizona, Texas, Dakotas if you're nasty. Deep south sucks, move to the Southwest/Rocky Mountain/Great Plains.

I live in Wyoming, life is good here.
>>
>>30413920
Idk why i read this in a 12 year olds voice. Are you 12?
>>
>>30412871

I live in Oregon. For being a state full of libtards, our gun laws are pretty nice. Lotta beaners though.
>>
>>30412871
Ohio is pretty awesome, but I think I will retire out west (WY AZ UT NM etc)or possibly KY or TN
But jobs are pretty good
stay south of i75 to skip most of the shittiest weather
>>
>>30413977
South of i70* rather
>>
>>30412871
minnesota is nice
>>
>>30412871
Alaska. I'm fucking serious. Based gun laws. Based weed laws. Easy money abounds. I miss the North.
>>
>>30413781
Literally: Who?
>>
>>30412871
Virginia is based, but I don't know what your skill set is. Northern VA has government type stuff and there is tech around the beltway just don't go into Maryland.
>>
>>30412871
ohio's not bad as long as you don't care about shit weather and shit people (sandtown here)
>>
>>30412871
Started DE moved to NY. Northern Delaware will remind you of the capitol region without the mountains. Middle and Southern Delaware is the south lite. Better gun laws but similar culture (fuckton of NY retirees go to DE) Honestly look at Pennsylvania outside of Philadelphia and Pittsburg if you want a cultural change as well as gun rights
>>
>>30413977
>>30413988
Another Ohiofag here, weather is shit south of I70 too. But yeah, Ohio isn't that bad.
>>
>>30414041
>minnesota is nice
It's not affordable to live here though and our gun laws aren't amazing, but a fuckload better than NY/NJ/CA/etc

I'm getting too old for the cold and humidity myself, I'm pondering moving to the goddamn desert.
>>
>>30416652
It gets cold in the desert, dad. Trust me.
>>
new hampshire is absolutely based and much closer.
>>
>>30416678
>It gets cold in the desert, dad. Trust me.
Oh, so it gets -40 in Arizona? You don't know what the fuck cold even is.
>>
File: welcome-to-ohio.jpg (27 KB, 600x602) Image search: [Google]
welcome-to-ohio.jpg
27 KB, 600x602
>>30412871
Ohio is bretty good but the downside is you live in Ohio.
>>
>>30412871
Vermont has very lax gun laws. They were one of the first states with constitutional carry.
>>
>>30416711
True you are used to more extreme cold but a lot of people get hit with hypothermia in the desert at night because they never thought to bring a jacket
>>
>>30416721
Ohio is kind of like a roach motel. You check in, but hey they have hbo and skinimax!
>>
>>30416771
>True you are used to more extreme cold but a lot of people get hit with hypothermia in the desert at night because they never thought to bring a jacket
How does that apply to me? When my knees swell up and my body aches from dealing with below freezing temperatures every year amidst all the work that goes with winter, telling me "hurr it gets cold in the desert too" is almost insulting. I know it's extremely irritating, and it's implying that I've never been to a desert in my entire life. (which is false, I regularly go out to Nevada every year)
>>
>>30412871
If you don't mind humid summers, the Charlotte, NC area isn't that bad. Lots of northerners moved there because of the banks.
Pretty gun friendly but still has more cultural attractions, affordable living, and it's nice.
Lived there before moving to Arizona. Even freer out here.
>>
>>30412871
>>Delaware
Don't.
>>
>>30416730
No beer sales after 11:45 except at bars.
Maine is better. We can hunt w suppressors and cheaper to live here. Constitutional carry too.
>>
>>30418248
Then you should know enough that it is sound advice/warning for /out type stuff. Also got plenty of salt out there bro don't need you to bring more
>>
>>30418335
Having grown up there this. Not a lot of career outside of banks, hospital, or drug trade(legal and other wise)
>>
>>30412871
What do you do for a living, OP? That might inform us as to where we should recommend you to move to.
>>
>>30418346
>Then you should know enough that it is sound advice/warning for /out type stuff.
No it isn't, it wasn't advice it was holier than thou bullshit.

>Also got plenty of salt out there bro don't need you to bring more
I'm sorry my short tone triggers you but in real life there's consequences, if somebody says something stupid then don't be surprised if they get called a moron.
>>
>>30418602
This especially when some of the states mentioned have limited employment opportunities
>>
>>30413920
Im pretty sure you can't carry a loaded handgun in your car without a carry permit. That's what I've been told all my life anyway.
>>
>>30418614
Ummm buddy sorry to break it to you but this is a Polynesian rice paper distribution center not the real world. As to triggering meh just odd to see you get so worked up over nothing. If some spectrum applies I get it, if not good luck with people in general
>>
>>30418629
Generally a rule to follow in the north east in general. Especially the case where it is perfectly legal at the state level but a felony for city and township jurisdictions
>>
File: chicago.png (294 KB, 959x771) Image search: [Google]
chicago.png
294 KB, 959x771
Speaking as someone in a similar situation, I'm pretty sure the first step is finding a job. Most states are freer and cheaper than New York, so the job is the limiting factor.

>>30414133
>Easy money abounds
Do tell.

>>30416711
It has done in parts of Utah, certainly.
>>
>>30418638
>it's just the internet ok no big deal!
>implying I give a fuck
Once more: if somebody says something stupid then don't be surprised if they get called a moron.

If my attitude hurts you please continue to cry, it's arousing me.
>>
>>30412871
Indiana is p cool, our cost of living is v low so I've heard, plus it's not hard at all to get your concealed carry permit, you just walk in to the county sheriffs office they print you then you fuck off, thas it senpai. Don't go to far north tho, I'm srs, Gary's up there
>>
>>30418723
Butthurt the post
>>
File: [laughs in motherfucker].jpg (22 KB, 640x612) Image search: [Google]
[laughs in motherfucker].jpg
22 KB, 640x612
>>30418777
>guy says something stupid
>man tells him he is an idiot
>"n-no its just the i-internet..."
>man says cry more
>"b-butthurt.. b-baka..."
Pic related, what a waste of trips.
>>
>>30412871
Moved to southern de from Jersey. Gun laws here are breddi gud in comparison
>>
>>30412871
DE is okay. No mag limit or 'salt rifle' ban. No FA or suppressors though which is ultra gay
>>
>>30418801
Anon you just got confirmed for being divinely booty blasted
>>
>>30419131
Pennsylvania has both and easier ccw
>>
>>30414167
He went to school with her
>>
>>30418718
>six weeks ago I was living in Chicago
>now I can go hiking, swimming, shooting, or whale watching within two hours of my place
Feels good man.
>>
>>30412871
Virginia is by far the best state out of those you listed when it comes to jobs and gun laws but affordability not so much probably. I do know that the other states are shit holes and Virginia isnt.
>>
>>30419742
Delaware resident confirms
>>
>>30412886
NOT
>>
>>30414167
>>30419682
Her name is Nury, shes a snobby bitch
>>
>>30418337
What where are you getting your beer? Most stores are closed by then but you can get beer at the one that are open.
>>
Pennsylvania, you can move to the Poconos, get a house that's cheaper than a NY apartment and still be just a train-ride from NYC, Philly, Jersey City and all that.
>>
Might I suggest Missouri? We have pretty lacks gun laws. There is a bill that just needs a signature or a veto override (past with a veto-proof majority) for constitutional carry, stand your ground and lifetime CCW permits.
>>
>>30413768
>> literally anywhere asides from California or Hawaii or Connecticut or Massachusetts or Maryland or New Jersey

Fixed that for you.
>>
>NC
Fuck off, we're full with New York trash as is.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.