[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
unpopular /k/ opinions/things that trigger /k/ thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 26
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (60 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
60 KB, 480x360
>flecktarn is shit camo that is far too niche. shoulda stuck with something more similar to zeltbahn or sumpfmuster
>10mm is a great cartridge and the overly expensive meme needs to die
>carrying a hammered pistol as a CC gun is pointless
>buying an AK in 2016 is pants on head retarded, especially when you can build an AR for $500-600
>>
>don't buy a nugget
>>
>>30399641

not even unpopular anymore, they arent good beginners rifles
>>
File: KIMG0331.jpg (496 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0331.jpg
496 KB, 1440x2560
>>30399705
Yeah, no way a super simple rifle with cheap ammo is a good beginner good, no way. My beginner gun was a SCAR-L.
>>
File: 1465946996318.gif (4 MB, 384x371) Image search: [Google]
1465946996318.gif
4 MB, 384x371
>>30399369
>Well that's just like.. uh..
>>
>>30399369
80% of this board has never shot a gun before.
>>
>>30399369
Do you know what zeltbahn is kid?
>>
>>30399369
This sounds more like a shit opinions thread to me
>>
>>30401493

its not cheap anymore, when you can fucking find it

>>30401596

thats not an opinion thats a fact

>>30401620

do you, ""kid""?
>>
>>30399369
every camo is niche
every

>b-but muh universal

No, it doesn't work everywhere
>>
>>30401643

sure but some camos are far more niche than others
>>
>>30401631
Here in canada you can get them for <$200
>>
>>30401687

ammo, not the rifle you retard
>>
>>30399369
The US needs common sense gun control.
>>
>>30401780

nice bait
>>
File: 1457786961827.gif (1 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1457786961827.gif
1 MB, 400x400
>the majority of /k/ puts too much effort into the consumerist aspect of guns instead of putting forth the effort to bettering themselves as shooters
>sigs like the mk25 and legion are well worth the price they command
>the whole slavshit culture is cancerous as fuck and the only reason it exists is because combloc surplus is available to poorfags at an affordable price instead of genuine historical interest
>rhodieboos are insufferable faggots that jerk off to shit smeared fal's and short shorts yet cannot produce any facts about the Bush War like when it started, why it ended etc.
>most of /k/'s "humor" is terribly unfunny and cringeworthy at best
>tripfags are pretty good because you can filter them
>the majority of anons on /k/ don't know a single thing on what they're talking about but insist on giving advice that just comes off as useless fluffer garbage that poorly disguises itself as useful information
>the ar15 is hands down the best rifle an American can own and also the best service rifle in the world
>the rk95 is shit
>>
>>30401798
Are you literally retarded
>>
>>30401898
>>rhodieboos are insufferable faggots that jerk off to shit smeared fal's and short shorts yet cannot produce any facts about the Bush War like when it started, why it ended etc.

How can you be mad at a group of people who keep entirely to themselves?
You're just getting mad that other people like things at this point
>>
>>30401976

>guise gun control
no.
>YOURE RETARDED

classic libshit

>>30401898

>defending sig mall ninja shit, hating on slavshit and board culture

>stop liking things the post

you dont fit in here, might i suggest suicide?
>>
>>30401976
not an argument
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 528x792) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 528x792
>>30399369
>hammer is pointless

snagging is a meme tier excuse for justifying a shrouded or striker fired. Especially if its a ring hammer, it shouldn't snag on anything, and if it does it only proves you're carrying your gun in a stupid place.

As far as unpopular goes:

>.22lr is a meme round and people need to stop recommending it to new gun owners over a CC purchase immediately

>the same thing goes with nuggets. if you're too poor to afford a CC then stop buying bullshit (junk food, steam games, etc), buy cheaper food, work some overtime, sell some stuff, get another job for a short while, or just get a better job. there is no excuse for buying some shitty nugget in place of a practical self defense gun.
>>
>>30402049
Don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you are contributing to the thread
>>
>>30402061

its not even snagging, even though that isnt a "myth" like you suggest, its dumb shit that increases the profile of a gun and most hammered guns are unnecessarily large, spare small revolvers.

>he doesnt like plinking
what are you a faggot?

>>30402072

>worried about "contributing" in an obvious shitposting containment thread
>>
>>30401898
agreed with everything but

>mk25 is worth the price
No, SIGs ARE worth the price, but not that one in particular
>>
>>30402095
well i wouldnt recommend CCing a revolver anyways, especially an old small one, so i guess its just a moot point

i also never understood plinking because i havent tried it yet. i still think im right about the CC purchase though
>>
>>30401898
>>
>>30399369
>flecktarn is shit camo
it's not only an unpopluar opinion it's also objectively wrong. see >>30401630
>>
>>30402072
Whoa! We got ourselves a badass over here! Steer clear of him, everybody!
>>
>>30402285

>flecktarn retards endlessly defend their camo

>never produce any argument other than "no its good, u suck."
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-15-23-30-07.png (1 MB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-15-23-30-07.png
1 MB, 720x1280
>>30401898
buh buh my puppets and innawoods xD
>>
>>30402312
>anti-flecktarn retards endlessly attack the camo
>never produce any argument other than "no it sucks, u suck 2."
>>
>>30399369
All of these are bretty gud points desu
>>
>>30399369
>carrying a hammered pistol as a CC gun is pointless

Why?
>>
I dont think most gun control people are stupid, traitors, evil or brainwashed. I just think they have the wrong approach to solving gun crimes.
>>
>>30402288
I told you to never respond to me or my wife's son ever again!
>>
>zeltbahn
What the fuck are you trying to say OP
Are you aware of what a fucking zeltbahn is?
Because it seems like you don't
FYI, a Zelt(Tent)bahn(tarp) is a piece you can use to make a bigger tent with more of the same kind or wear as half shelter
>>
The way /k/ and most pro gun people babble about muh terminology and muh stab attacks and muh joos and muh dinndus and muh cucks is stupid.

It's like they take guns and literally build their entire lives around them; and I don't mean like a business. I mean like guns are now a fiber of their being; far beyond the desire to defend themselves or learn new things.

Some of this mentality I understand; it's hard to live and let live when your passion is constantly under fire by SJWs and numales. Other parts not so much. It's okay for other people to not like firearms or be nervous around them guys. The polygon guy comes to mind. Not a word of antigun opinion from him, but the instant he said that guns made him nervous you came crawling out of the walls to bray like idiots about MUH KEKS and confirm every gun nut stereotype in the process.

This also includes other triggers like furries and bronies and fudd mosins. Like oh no, some dude in a furfag cosplay outfit painted his $60 mosin pink, slapped some anime tits on the stock and posted it on the internet. Such heinous crimes have been committed this day. I would get it if it was say, a collectable. But mosins are collectable in the same way that sand is.
>>
>>30402549
And most of all, I have nothing at all against airsoft or videogames and I have wracked my fucking brain trying to figure out anything wrong with them and have only been able to conclude that you people not only do not recognize a good thing when you see it but in fact strongly stigmatise it. Do those things belong on other boards? Yes. But as long as patch, gwg, anime, arg and sakuya threads are still around there is no reason you should care.

Airsoft and videogames are gateway hobbies into shooting sports and their followers (if you do not discourage and alienate them) will zabecome the next generation of supporters for your lifestyle. if you get that fucking triggered over dipshit 12 year olds shooting each other with plastic pellets and burning patches but endlessly support the same trashy meme threads then I would strongly urge you to consider suicide because there is no hope for you.
>>
>>30402036
>classic libshit
>implying I'm that guy
>implying I agree with him
>implying I'm not telling you that you're a fucking retard for responding
>>
>>30399369
>>buying an AK in 2016 is pants on head retarded, especially when you can build an AR for $500-600

Shit's fucking true.
>>
>>30399369
Desert Eagle is great in .357, and is aesthetically pleasing.
Glocks are literally as fedora tier as katanas. Even if they're viable they're so cringe worthy that owning one is shameful.
>>
>>30402624

>Glocks are literally as fedora tier as katanas. Even if they're viable they're so cringe worthy that owning one is shameful.
This is easily one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.
>>
>>30401988 #
But they don't keep to themselves. We see them escape containment to make unauthorized ad threads for their price gouging scams all the time.

Notice how they're one of the few segments of /k/ that are anti-Trump?

I literally cannot wait for Trump to literally legislate them out of existence by forcing them to support the American economy instead of importing foreign goods.
>>
>>30401988
They don't.

>>30402706
Fuck Trump.
>>
>>30402724
This. The surplusshit cult they created is the reason they need to be expelled.

The topic they hide behind is barely allowable, their behavior clearly is not. If a segment of the community no longer wants to be a part of the community, it is right that they should go. Worse is the fact they claim to represent /k/ while constantly taking advantage of it.
>>
most of the people talking tough about resisting gun control wont do shit
>>
>>30402168
Why wouldn't you shoot random things? It's easy to aim at a big target with a little bullseye. It's harder to aim at an empty casing, or whatever stuff is out there. More target sizes, at more ranges. Plinking is the best.
>>
IP addresses from places with an assault weapons ban or stricter should be range b& from posting on /k/.

Quality would go up overnight.
>>
>>30402838
The reason /k/ is so shit is because everyone is too nice. We lost the balls to tell obvious cancer to fuck off so they think they can stay. This is why we see shit like the meme stores and generals polluting the entire board.
>>
>>30402549
>>30402560
underrated
>>
>>30401631
You can easily get 7.62x54r for 40cpr, that's fairly cheap.
>>
>>30399369
>Dictionary says clip and magazine are now sinonimous
>>
>>30402072
Don't tell me what to do
>>
>>30402061
>there is no excuse for buying some shitty nugget in place of a practical self defense gun.
Except I wanted it more
>>
>>30402595
Care to expand on that? I've been on the fence for a while.
>>
>>30402492
I honestly second this
>>
>>30402595
>>>buying an AK in 2016 is pants on head retarded, especially when you can build an AR for $500-600
A. I want an AK, not an AR
B. I don't want to build one right now
>>
>>30402660
I understand anons who are used to or prefer SAO/DSA will not like the glock trigger usually because its so spongey. But to claim the glock isnt a great firearm is ignorant i agree with you anon.
>>
>>30399369
>If Civillian Tec9's fired from the open bolt, they'd be one of the most effective HD guns ever.
>>
40 S&w is a good cartridge. Its slightly more powerful 9mm with almost unnoticeable extra kick. (Unless you have Kuntzman wrists)

If you claim that anything smaller than 500 s&w mag hurts your wrists, you need permab& from /k/.

Tripcodes need to be disabled on /k/.

AKs are better fighting rifle than ARs.

"Hey /k/ what shpukd my first gun be?" Should have its own thread so people stop shitting up the catalog.

Generals are ok because they keep most of the cancer contained.

Any proof that you are under 18 on /k/ should be treated as a permab& offence.

Nuggets should be collectables only now. Anyone who would use one beyond colleting and maybe hunting is retarded.
>>
File: 1431702315035.jpg (73 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
1431702315035.jpg
73 KB, 800x598
>>30401898
>>
>>30402061
>snagging is a meme tier excuse

I carry a hammered pistol.

I'll agree that snagging is meme tier, but the hammer does present an issue: it digs into you, and if it's knurled in any way, it's pretty painful and annoying.

I have to wear an undershirt to not bleed while carrying, and in the summer, that's a real bitch.

Other than that, though, hammers are fine.
>>
>>30399369
>Zeltbahn is a camo
kek
>>
File: 1459670323137.jpg (16 KB, 439x480) Image search: [Google]
1459670323137.jpg
16 KB, 439x480
>>30402072
Dont reply to me or my son ever again.
>>
>People should not be allowed to buy guns, if they have a history of mental illness or criminal activities. They should also get a crash course in gun safety and ethics.
>They can object the law, and get a permit by a trusted psycho therapist or a Judge.

>/k/ is full of men who have the same kind of relationship with their guns that a boy has with his toys.
>>
>>30403264
>Tripcodes need to be disabled.
FTFY
>>
>>30399369
>/k/ turned to shit after /out/ was established because it's no longer possible to discuss fieldcraft here.

>Constitutionalists have a very narrow view of common law as a whole and very little understanding of enlightenment era philosophical thought.

>SHALL
>NOT
>BE
>INFRINGED
>...is a thought killing phrase that stifles discussion of actual ways to move forward in the political dialectic. Although it's 100% true within the context of constitutional law and common law in general.

>/k/ culture died after the 8ch exodus

>baofeng and general HAM radio threads need to come back.
>>
>>30403495
for all the meetups we organise, trips are a necessary evil here.
>>
>>30403264

.40 S&W is a fucking bullshit round for people who want to pay 2x price for 9mm.
>>
>>30403512
The meetups are an evil in themselves. Nothing more than a honeypot at worst, and just another generator of cringe material we don't need circulating around bringing us unnecessary attention. This is not to mention how such pictures portray the gun community as a whole.

If they truly cared about their rights, the meetups would not continue in the same degenerate manner they have been progressing in.
>>
>>30402383

its way too dark, and far too niche. i listed predecessors that would have been better to develop in the OP

>>30403049

thats a rip off for corrosive ammo, and its always out of stock these days
>>
>>30401898
yup
>>
>>30402549
>This also includes other triggers like furries and bronies and fudd mosins. Like oh no, some dude in a furfag cosplay outfit painted his $60 mosin pink, slapped some anime tits on the stock and posted it on the internet. Such heinous crimes have been committed this day. I would get it if it was say, a collectable. But mosins are collectable in the same way that sand is.
A lot of /k/ hates furries the same reason that "we" build a lot of our views around firearms. They assault "us" at every turn, and wherever they come up the mother fuckers go and start talking about how /k/ is "100% furry" and post that stupid fucking picture of the autists in their fur suits in their mothers garage. Same with the stupid fucking literal faggots who try and say all of /k/ is gay. Speak for yourselves you nasty shits.

Also, you must be pretty fucking new if you seriously think /k/ hates video games, or you don't know why "we" hate airsoft.

I'm sure some people hate the game itself, but a really popular opinion, and honestly basically fact is that airsoft is fun but autists who take it too seriously ruin the fun.

/k/, and this is a resounding fact, not opinion, loves video games. We used to have STALKER threads every weekend. The the summer fucking fags came from OPchan, where everything is SUPER SUPER SRS BSNESS. These are the same niggers who post in your animu, and airsoft meme threads.

You should really lurk a bit more, newfag.
>>
>>30403619
>implying zeltbahn is a camo pattern
>>
>>30403065
>Dictionary says you can't fucking spell for shit
>>
>>30401898
This is mostly true.
That being said I like my slavshit and my other rifles, and I like actually shooting so you might be projecting a little hard there.
>>
>>30401596
Not unpopular, just the truth
>>
File: 1439216891178.jpg (18 KB, 197x256) Image search: [Google]
1439216891178.jpg
18 KB, 197x256
>>30402549
>>30402549
No one is suggesting at all that everyone must love guns. The politicisation you see here is due to the fact the people who try to ban guns use these false justifications (like that it somehow reduces crime, Australian style gun control was effective, etc) and so logically, people arm themselves with the facts to retaliate against their attackers.

Here's an idea, don't come to a board devoted to guns to criticise them and say they should be banned, and you won't hear that sort of combative language used.

Also, gun owners tend to lean conservative and aspirational, and therefore care about the state of their nation and the direction it's going in. It's alot easier to believe in the mass welfare state and importing huge amounts of immigrants when you have absolutely no stake in society.
>>
>>30402549
wew lad you took /k/ seriously? I go here to meme about guns, I do other things when I'm not on a board SPECIFICALLY ABOUT GUNS
>>
This board is full of cancer and everything is a fucking general now.

You filter the tripfaggots and half the threads dissappear, which isn't that bad since most of them are shit-tier anyways.
>>
>>30401780
I don't get what /k/ has against common sense gun control. Every single tyrannical regime in the history of man has disarmed its people. Gun control is and must always the first step to oppression and that's some common goddamn sense.
>>
>we honestly need mandatory background checks for private sales since the MSM is basically telling criminals that it's the best viable option when looking for a gun
>>
File: fucking disgusting.png (181 KB, 460x558) Image search: [Google]
fucking disgusting.png
181 KB, 460x558
>>30402061
>there is no excuse for buying some shitty nugget in place of a practical self defense gun.
Riiight. It was $85 bucks and I had an extremely immediate need for something that would take care of a bear that had no fear of humans. Sorry faggot but a Glock 19 won't cut it.

>hurr CC is the only legitimate use of a gun
Please, get the fuck out of here or get a fucking clue.
>>
>>30399369
>Every 5th person is FURRFAG here on /k/
>Mosin is average rifle (slightlyunder average), the only advantage is the price
> I do not like spiders and insects in general
>>
>>30401493
mediatag that shit
I'm sp00k3d
>>
File: 1441716475089.jpg (54 KB, 622x621) Image search: [Google]
1441716475089.jpg
54 KB, 622x621
>>30401898
falling for the ar is reliable meme
>mfw
>>
>>30401798
Shit bait.
>>
>>30402549
>>30402560
Need more guys like you in the circle.
Most reasonable and personable post I've read on /k/ since god knows when.
>>
>>30402492
The road to hell is paved in what again?
>>
>>30403775

>A lot of /k/ hates furries the same reason that "we" build a lot of our views around firearms. They assault "us" at every turn, and wherever they come up the mother fuckers go and start talking about how /k/ is "100% furry" and post that stupid fucking picture of the autists in their fur suits in their mothers garage. Same with the stupid fucking literal faggots who try and say all of /k/ is gay. Speak for yourselves you nasty shits.
K is full of furries and faggots. No way to change it. I suggest you Learn to deal with it.
>Also, you must be pretty fucking new if you seriously think /k/ hates video games, or you don't know why "we" hate airsoft.
Good to know you represent the entirety of the board. And I don't care why you hate It, you shouldn't.
>I'm sure some people hate the game itself, but a really popular opinion, and honestly basically fact is that airsoft is fun but autists who take it too seriously ruin the fun.
But you're not overreacting or taking it too seriously at all are you?
>/k/, and this is a resounding fact, not opinion, loves video games. We used to have STALKER threads every weekend. The the summer fucking fags came from OPchan, where everything is SUPER SUPER SRS BSNESS. These are the same niggers who post in your animu, and airsoft meme threads.
I don't think meplat and his crew care for anime.
>You should really lurk a bit more, newfag.
I don't like it, therefore newfag. How mature.
>>
>>30407394
I don't think you understand the board you're posting on.

>>30407378
You say that but I've never seen a single fact presented by k. Just the same non arguments.

Also wanna tell me where I said I supported gun control?

>Conservative
Really? Never would have thought.
>>
>>30409194
Thank you.

Unless this is sarcasm.
>>
/r/guns is a much better place to discuss guns than /k/, the average user knows much more and trolls get downvoted while here they are made the center of attention.
>>
>>30401988
For a group that "keeps to themselves", they sure like to force themselves into threads where even the most sightly critical opinion of them is posted. It's almost like they can't handle the fact that someone out there might not like them, which ties into their autistic mentality that the somehow "represent" /k/ (despite the fact that 90% of /k/ resents them).
>>
>>30409948
>This salty
Show us on the doll where /k/ called you a cuck anon. Did someone also correctly single you out as from a broken home with no male figure during your formative years?

There are literally only pathos based platitudes, mostly stemming from ignorance, in the corner of gun control. If you think "reasonable restrictions" are needed you are categorically an uneducated fucking retard who needs to fuck off and remove yourself and your shit opinions from the political process.
>>
>>30401898
I'm a bit guilty of the first one.
Once I find a good place to shoot/oper8 I'll be better about it though.
>>
File: 1463417728120.jpg (45 KB, 559x484) Image search: [Google]
1463417728120.jpg
45 KB, 559x484
>>30409194
Welcome to /k/, now get the fuck out.
>>
>>30399369
/k/ would be better if noguns were banned
>>
File: ripkid.png (420 KB, 3547x3536) Image search: [Google]
ripkid.png
420 KB, 3547x3536
>>30402560
But bro, the patch
>>
>>30410314
good idea, let's start a gun owner registry
>>
>>30402560
Literally nothing wrong with arg
>>
>>30402549
>The way /k/ and most pro gun people babble about muh terminology and muh stab attacks and muh joos and muh dinndus and muh cucks is stupid.
I find that only the cancerous /pol/ runoff says shit like this. These are the type of people that attack me simply because I look like I might be a liberal. But I agree with your post. I remember once, when /k/ was more sensible.

As far as my unpopular opinions
>Going to the range is boring.
I'd much rather hunt or do some competitive shooting with my guns now. Shooting at paper at the range is just fucking boring but it seems thats all /k/ ever does. Nobody talks about anything else
>>
>>30410754
I agree with the paper is kinda boring, I'd love to do something more exciting personally but since I don't have the gear to try 3gun (Need pistol mags/ mag holsters/ a good belt), and don't have the land to oper8 on I'm not sure what do.
I don't really know anyone that hunts either.
>>
OCP camo is actually pretty good in the field, and most of the criticisms come from tards who look at photographs on the internet that were taken from 15 feet away and indoors.
>>
.32 acp is a good self defense caliber
>>
File: image.jpg (237 KB, 1087x1166) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237 KB, 1087x1166
FUCK ANIME
>>
>>30401898
>>the ar15 is hands down the best rifle an American can own and also the best service rifle in the world
It's not even the best rifle by eugene stoner.
>>
>>30401898
>the rk95 is shit
This needs an explanation. What kind of experiences do you have with the rifle?
>>
>>30402549
nogunz airshitter here

Thanks. We get a lot of shit from /k/, and most of it is understandable (as in milsimmers take themselves way to seriously and a lot of people in teams turn out to be real immature, etc), but like you stated previously with it and video games, it is a gateway to shooting and owning firearms (if someone desires to, I do). It's real annoying to see a lot of guys on /k/ act like this, especially when a lot of the people they look up to (Travis Haley for example) doesn't see it the same way these guys do and as a matter of fact not condone because it's idiotic.
>>
>>30399369
Multicam
>>
>>30407433
> "Hurrr 2A is to defend against tyranny its in the constitution"
> Votes for an anti constitutionalist autocratic populist Trump
> Thinking Trump will protect the 2A because of the (R) next to his name
>>
>Melonite treated barrels are better than chrome lined barrels
>>
>>30410249
Get out of here stalker.
>>
>>30399369
>AR15 is objectively the better rifle in the AR/AK flame war
>i still like shooting my ak more
>my happening loadout still is an AR
>i think the hipoint ts995 should be the default starting gun recommendation due to the low cost, low recoil, respectable power of 9mm/.40/.45 through a 16 inch barrel, and unlimited warranty, as well as its ease of customization compared to a nugget
>i think a happening would be shit for about a week, maybe a month, before things started to get better, because humanity has consistently found working together and trading is a fuckton easier and safer than rape-murdering everything under the sun. Still better safe than sorry.
>im not convinced that the burning of waco wasnt the BD's fault between a non-code complient building and apocalyptic views
>on the otherhand the feds done fucked up bad and never owed up to it, and the atf proved it couldnt breach a lunch box without running out of ammo, taking casualties, friendly fire incidents, and asking the FBI to open its milk carton for it
>i think .22 is really not worth the hoarding frenzy, .223 or 9mm or 12 guage are.
>i think the CMP should just dump its bullshit membership requirement. Idk if that applies to physical locations though
>i think most cops legitimately are trying to do good, they just get desensitized to all the suffering and bullshit around thdn and cant "turn it off" and thus have skewed perceptions regarding empathy at times
>>
> Magazines on your fucking chest you backyard retards. Get a goddamn drop pouch and put them on your non-dominant reload side. Shit. Fuck. That triggers the shit out of me.
>>
>>30407459
Or take some personal responsibility and only sell to someone with a ccw license.
>>
>>30409989
Except there you can only downvote. If i call some a fucking retarded faggot, i get banned.
>>
>>30399369
>zeltbahn
>camo
wat
>>
>>30401898
This guys is right although desu the Legion is a much better deal than an mk25 and some tripfags are okay.
>>
>>30410986
Name a rifle of comparable cost with better performance then.
>>
>>30409989
You'll learn way more on /k/ than /r/guns if you pay attention. The only problem is /r/ is a fucking hug box and will spoon feed you. /k/ expects you to not be a mouth breathing moron and have some basic understanding. That is why so many have a "bad" time bowsing here.
>>
>>30399369

>M81 woodland is a shit
>I prefer AKs for fixing malfunctions
> Skill =\= gear
>salomon 4d quests are a shit
>Jeans are alright for outdoor use
> Leftists are absolute and total garbage
>>
>>30401596

Hits home... I hope to pop my cherry soon.
>>
>i never want to have to be in a self defense situation

scary as hell man. i went out last night and left my pistol at my buddies house because we took an uber. usually i only bring it because we have to walk through a sketchy area to get to parking but because i didnt need to do that, i left it.

entire night goes off without a hitch until the last place we went. 2 dudes got in a shouting match and one pulled out a knife, guy was probably 3 feet away from me. i froze and once i realized what was happening i backed the fuck up.

obviously it wouldnt have mattered if i had my gun on me because im not shooting some pleb thats going to knife some fucking stranger, and the likelihood of me getting into a chest puffing altercation is 0%, but it still made me think.
>>
>>30416719
Some guys tried to rob my father recently, and he still refuses to carry because he knows he will shoot someone and get crucified in the media. Honestly I really wouldn't want to shoot someone trying to rob me for what little I have in my pockets, but after seeing that a couple of niggers were willing to rob my father, who walks with a cane mind you, I really had to give that a second thought.

Be safe anon, there's no telling with these type of people what they really want. And I hate to sound racist but the reality is white people don't go around sticking up old folks. That shit is just wrong.
>>
>>30399369
>>buying an AK in 2016 is pants on head retarded, especially when you can build an AR for $500-600

Because people don't ever actually buy AK's just because they like them amirite?

Stupid fuck.
>>
>>30401643
UCP doesn't work fucking anywhere.
>>
>Mentally ill people shouldn't be able to own firearms
If you're depressed, toughen the fuck up and don't see a therapist

If you're actually severely mentally ill, you shouldn't have a right to own weaponry
>>
File: 4e5.jpg (55 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
4e5.jpg
55 KB, 625x626
>>30401780
>>
>>30402838
Fuck off Anon, /K/alifornia has plenty of pro gunners, you're just rectally traumatized because you don't like the gun grabbers in the bay.
>>
File: 11790702_BG2[1].jpg (18 KB, 430x322) Image search: [Google]
11790702_BG2[1].jpg
18 KB, 430x322
>>30416891
>white people don't go around sticking up old folks.
You're obviously not from meth country.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 507x476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 507x476
>>30399369
> 9mm Kurts (.380 auto) is a decent self defense round.
> 9mm kurts has perfectly fine penetration with hallow point loads and you are doing yourself harm by choosing fmj over hallow.
>>
>>30399705

I loved starting out with mine.

Went to a .35 Rem next. Still don't have a .22
>>
>>30417039
>Doesn't know how to spell "Kurz"

Just call it .380, or 9mm short.
>>
>>30409644

niggers and spics
>>
>>30417039
>>30417072
This retard also can't spell hollow
>>
>>30415319
>>30415319
>>
>>30415503

not if they are actually a fucking retarded faggot
>>
>>30403098

This, I'll never understand why people can't understand that you want something for fun.

Guns are great fun. I shoot every week I like it so much. I fire off about 250ish rifle rounds a week, reload them and do it again. Surplus rifles are more fun, because they have more character, and it isn't just point and click.

I have an R700 action in 22-250 I built, and spent about a year developing a load for. I probably put less than a hundred rounds through it a year now, because it is so damn boring to shoot. I put it a little over a target at 600yrds, and it hits it every time. With the beat up old rifle, there is a bit more challenge, a bit more effort.
>>
>>30410754
So don't shoot paper. The last time I took my funs out I was shooting tannerite and a bigass piece of 1/8th inch aluminum..
>>
>>30399705
There are reasons to get one beyond being 18 and not owning a gun.
>>
>>30413230
>Implying Hillary is the shinier turd.
>>
File: 1465538878267.png (518 KB, 465x1052) Image search: [Google]
1465538878267.png
518 KB, 465x1052
>Glocks are overrated as fuck
>90% of AR's are overpriced and overrated
>Most of this board shitposts while being nogunz
>>
>>30399369
Try building an AR in Europe. It's simpler and cheaper to purchase a finished rifle. Getting purchase licenses for separate parts and dealing with US export laws is a bureaucratic nightmare.

Basic US AR's go around 1200 (Ruger 556, S&W M&P 15 Sport) to 1800 (S&W M&P 15 Magpul, SIG M400 Enhanced) euros. AK's are between 650 (Norinco underfolder) to 1500 euros (Arsenal AR-M9F, Saiga MK), with the Romarm/Cugir Md. 63 being around 800 to 900 bucks. So, AK's are quite a bit cheaper.

Then comes the price for ammo. AK's eat anything, steel cases, brass cases and all rounds are made for the standard AK barrel twist. With AR's, you either find cheap steel cased ammo or cheap brass cased ammo but optimized for 1:9 twist rate. Most good AR's in Europe have 1:7 twist rates and therefore need much more expensive ammo. Why not more 1:8 twist rate AR's are imported is a mystery to me, but anyway the AK is probably 20 to 30% cheaper to feed than an AR.
>>
File: 1465030096001.jpg (1 MB, 2457x3000) Image search: [Google]
1465030096001.jpg
1 MB, 2457x3000
>>30399369
>buying an AK in 2016 is pants on head retarded, especially when you can build an AR for $500-600
except you can buy a WASR-10, objectively one of the best and easiest to maintain civilian AK platforms for 500 bucks or less. Hating one of the most effective and iconic guns of all time is pants on head retarded, your opinion is bad, and you should feel bad.
>>
>>30421079
>objectively one of the best and easiest to maintain civilian AK platforms for 500 bucks or less.

$650 and an ar15 is just as easy to clean. Maybe not for you and your retarded pea brain that couldn't fit back the charging handle and bcg together.

>Hating one of the most effective and iconic guns of all time is pants on head retarded

the wasr isn't iconic at all. Please fuck off with your ay kay fourteyseben reddit memeshit. Thank you.

t. ak fag
>>
File: 1464965914094.webm (3 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1464965914094.webm
3 MB, 500x280
>>30402724
Fuck you
>>
>>30403401
Try losing some weight so your fat rolls don't rest on the gun. The hammer on my CC gun doesn't even touch my body.
>>
>>30421116

>$650 and an ar15 is just as easy to clean.

t. anon who has never shot any rifle other than an AR
>>
>>30403484
>>/k/ is full of men who have the same kind of relationship with their guns that a boy has with his toys.

Implying this is a bad thing.
>>
>>30421190
So you're considering on buying a gun over another because one is easier to clean instead of which one suits your needs for shooting?

You don't live in a warzone. Quit being retarded.
>>
>>30399369
Zeltbahn isn't a Camo retard. It's German for "tent half"
>>
>>30421246
You're too late and nobody cares about your autistic hairsplitting since we all know what he meant.

Fuck off back to containment.
>>
>>30401493
Savage FV-SR Mk2 is the solution to all your problems. If you can find a brick of .22 buy them both and enjoy learning fundamentals without recoil induced bad habits developing.
>>
>>30401687
in the US the mosin stopped being worth the buy when it passed the $125 mark.

Solidarity for you canadabro, hopefully better funs are in your future
>>
>>30399369
.45 ACP is superior to 9mm when it comes to full sized pistols.
>>
>>30421266
Nah.
>>
>>30421237

>telling other people what rifle to use
>only ever shoots 1 rifle

:^)
>>
>>30415319
this
>>
>>30416927
>denying people their natural rights due to illness

Why don't you take a bleach bath anon?
>>
>>30417133
shoot at smaller or otherwise more challenging targets then, sperg.

>Prarie dogs
>Cayotes
>Golf balls

Git gud
>>
>>30421237
>you dont live in a warzone
exactly, so I can buy whatever the fuck I want, you wanting muh ar15 so you can put a punisher logo on it and shoot it in your parents yard like a faggot is as much of your choice as me buying an AK is mine.
>>
File: mall_ninja.jpg (36 KB, 250x329) Image search: [Google]
mall_ninja.jpg
36 KB, 250x329
>>30421116
The AK platform itself is iconic. Different retailers sell it for less, I got mine for 540 bucks.
>AK is reddit memeshit
>defending muh ayyyr-15
pic related is anon operating with his intellectually superior weapon platform
>>
>>30401596
this actually makes a lot of sense
most people i know that have shot a gun including myself dont care about whether you call it a clip or magazine, trigger discipline, etc

just shoot the gun and stfu
>>
>>30402549
>The polygon guy comes to mind
What about him? Instead of reviewing the game he is playing he starts to talk about his fear of guns.
>>
>>30421584
>don't care about trigger discipline

>hey /k/ I fucked up, had my first ND today

This is your fault, faggot
>>
>>30401596
Two thirds of midday posters are gun owners acording to polls.
>>
File: 14586755672331.jpg (149 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
14586755672331.jpg
149 KB, 800x820
>>30410754
>/pol/ runoff
>I remember when /k/ was more sensible
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>30421661
He's just a let's player under a different banner. Put no thought into it because he sure didn't.

>>30413066
Consider getting into the sport, if just to learn. You can find a good Mossberg or 870 for around 350 dollars and even if you only make minimum wage you'll still get that in like five days
>>
>>30421754
>Trusting polls
>Trusting mid-day /k/

Please
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.