[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I had a thought and I was curious what you all would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9
File: 1466668600220.png (394 KB, 611x473) Image search: [Google]
1466668600220.png
394 KB, 611x473
Hey guys, I had a thought and I was curious what you all would think.

Would you support universal background checks on all firearm purchases IF:

Concealed Carry licenses were shall-issue in all 50 states and could be substituted for doing form 4473s - meaning you could buy from someone privately in a parking lot if you showed the seller a concealed carry license, since it is in effect a license that says "I have been background checked within this time frame."
Bonus twist: Why not be able to ship firearms purchased online to the address on your conceal carry license as well?
>>
>>30397916
So basically a drivers license, but to purchase firearms, conceal and ship firearms?
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 479x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 479x480
>>30397916
How do you feel about Due Process? Say I get a hit on my name because another person with the same common Irish name is a IRA member.. I want to be notified why I am on the list and a court hearing to get off said list.
>>
>>30397934
How do you feel about reading the thread? The no fly list has not been mentioned.

>>30397933
Basically, but it would be optional. If you don't want to carry or shortcut the traditional dealer process you can still do the regular process, minus legal unregulated private sales.
>>
>>30397934
This is not a due process error. It is roughly the same as you being mixed up with someone else on a list of felons, wife beaters, and pedophiles. Even so it would probably take more than just a name for the system to bounce you.

>>30397916
Why would you want to buy a gun from somebody in a parking lot?

Is it really that hard to go to a gun store, or even a fucking Walmart, that you want to buy a gun the same way niggers do?
>>
>>30397986
>Why would you want to buy a gun from somebody in a parking lot?
One of the biggest issues with universal background checks on private sales is having to go through a dealer, which is a lot of extra time and money, especially in rural communities where the one gun store may be very far away, and/or be the one and only dealer within hundreds of miles and thereby gouging on transfer fees.
>>
File: 1451006847179.jpg (303 KB, 900x828) Image search: [Google]
1451006847179.jpg
303 KB, 900x828
We've had like five of these threads in the last week (none of which have gotten deleted for being about politics, may I add). What the FUCK is this psyops D&C bullshit?
>>
>>30397986
>Even so it would probably take more than just a name for the system to bounce you.

Nope. I know a guy who has this issue (and it's the same one listed above, in fact - he shares the same name as an IRA terrorist, but he's blacker than the ace of spades and is most assuredly not Irish). Gets bounced all the time due to name alone.
>>
>>30397986
I agree; everyone who wants to sell their gun is a filthy enemy of the st- unterm- Nigger. Yes. That's the one.

If you buy a gun, it should be yours until the day you die at which point the government will seize it and destroy it because guns should not be transferred from one owner to another without a fully licensed and recorded dealer.

I am sensible because I appeal to your demographic by calling opposition to my proposed idea an undesirable that they identify with.
>>
>>30398042
I didn't notice the other active thread, evidently I am cancer.
>>
universal background checks are supported by a card/license with a scan code to determine if it is still valid so private persons can transfer guns. no other paperwork involved. Just a yes or no to say that the card is valid.

Forget the CCW license, make it a right. so even if you are carrying a gun concealed, it is not part of the reasonable basis for a terry stop, because it is not a "permit/licensed" based action.

Until then, stop bitching about people open carrying.
>>
>>30397916
>Would you support universal background checks on all firearm purchases IF

No
>>
>>30398092
I think that would be the logical conclusion of the idea since universal cc will never fly in places like Cali, and a couple states have unlicensed CC, but it would be convenient if it were tied to CC in states that issue CC.
>>
No. I should already be able to own, carry, sell, and have a gun delivered to my door without any sort of check if we were to follow 2A to the letter.

A gun is just a tool that has a specific purpose: send projectiles in a given direction at a high velocity.

Sure, I can use a gun's purpose to cause harm; I can do that with a hammer too. I don't see any checks to buy, sell, carry or have a hammer delivered to me.
>>
>>30397986

Because I can

Because he has what I want

Because it's non of the governments god damn business what firearms I own.

Because fuck you.
>>
>>30398103
What is your argument against universal background checks if it's not registration and the dealer process can be sidestepped?
>>
>>30398117
>What is your argument against universal background checks if it's not registration

Universal background checks are unenforceable without registration.

Washington and Colorado are proof of this.

>and the dealer process can be sidestepped

Never going to happen, it's unenforceable and your idea is literally registration through CCWs to be allowed to buy and sell firearms.

It's already illegal to sell firearms to felons, it's non of your business whom I sell firearms to until you prove that I have broken the law.
>>
>>30397916
>Lets make it harder for a citizen to legally transfer their gun to someone they know
>I'm sure criminals will obey this law

Straw purchases are already illegal, criminals won't background check when they sell to other criminals.

you're just making it harder for normal people to do normal things.
>>
>>30397916
No. Not one step back.
>>
No, fuck you.

Justify the need for universal background checks

>vast majority of criminal firearms are stolen or straw purchased

>stealing guns means background checks did not prevent the firearm reaching a criminal
>straw purchasers can buy firearms legally until you prove they are funneling them to criminals

Neither situation is impacted by universal background checks.

Once again antis clamour for legislation to chip away at your rights and due process with no impact on gun crime.

Do I need to remind you that only 0.003% of firearms in the US are used for murder?

Please tell me how your universal background checks are going to stop jamal from stealing guns or having his buddy with a clean slate buy him a gun.

>hurr the mass shooters though!

>majority of mass shooters passed background checks in FFLs
>rest stole their firearms

Once again, universal background checks will not prevent any crime and are unenforceable.
>>
>>30398131
>literally registration through CCWs to be allowed to buy and sell firearms.
It's optional and the govt doesn't know what guns or how many you would be purchasing. By your argument, the CCWs already are registration.

>>30398144
No need for the salt there guy, we're on the same side. I agree universal checks are unenforceable. I was kicking this idea around as a way of removing some of the hurdles to gun purchases (lots of 4473s, transfer fees, shipping to ffls) in exchange for a different hurdle.
>>
>>30398196
>By your argument, the CCWs already are registration.

No shit

Constitutional or bust.

>I was kicking this idea around as a way of removing some of the hurdles to gun purchases

Then point out why the opposition is retarded and don't stop doing it.

Don't give them an inch because you assume you will get three back.
>>
>>30398114
>27 killed in America's latest mass hammering

Why are we not funding this, boys?
>>
>>30398217
>>30398114
What if a President gets hammered in the ass to death?
...Again?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvkBvzpbBPs
>>
>>30397916
>Hurr Muh universal background checks 4 Muh loopholez

There are no loopholes, buying from a firearms dealer always requires an background check. All universal background checks do is criminalize private sales which is fucking insane government overreach. All this would do is create a bunch of felons basically.
>>
>>30398217
>>30398114
BAN ASSAULT HAMMERS
>>
>>30398209
>No shit
Yes, fair enough, though usually in gun control discussions "registration" means the government knowing what type and how many guns you have.

I fully agree that constitutional carry is best carry.
>>
>>30398249
>"registration" means the government knowing what type and how many guns you have.

That's just a more extensive form of registration, Firearm registration.

CCWs are registering firearm owners.
>>
>>30398258
Yes, I conceded that point.
>>
>>30397916
The only way I would support universal background checks is if the NFA is abolished. They want compromise then lets compromise.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 541x373) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 541x373
>>30398239
SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED
>>
>>30398006
Rural communities don't give a shit about any laws.

>>30398115
Odds are you probably can't.

I'm sure lots of people have what you want.

Government doesn't keep track of your gun(s).

It's a Jersey thing.
>>
>>30398554
>Odds are you probably can't.
Why can't he?
I know I can.
>I'm sure lots of people have what you want.
And they should be able to sell them?

>Government doesn't keep track of your gun(s).
Nor should they?

>It's a Jersey thing.
???
>>
>>30398144
What evidence do you have that background checks don't prevent crime?

When coupled with increased enforcement on illegal gun sales, from whatever source you care to name, with tightened gun laws, background check ect, crime does drop.

In 2014 260 million cars were registered in the US, 1.1 million were driven by drunk drivers and involved in some level of traffic accident or 0.42% but nobody bitches about laws to prevent drinking and driving.

The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics finds there is a 0.00000015% chance of dying in a elevator but they are still required to get yearly inspections.

Just because there is a small chance of something happening doesn't mean there are no laws about it. Besides if you choose different statistics a small number like 0.003% goes to 67.7% when considering how many murders were committed with guns.
>>
>>30397916
No, because that is a compromise and compromises are how gun control takes hold and grows. It's all or nothing. Seems like fudds just don't get that. And as far as gun control goes, it 'oughta be nothing.
>>
File: cake.png (611 KB, 750x3200) Image search: [Google]
cake.png
611 KB, 750x3200
>>30398711
Forgot my pic
>>
>>30398683
Nobody bitches about dui and dwi laws because most people just do it anyways. Noone would bitch about gun control laws if they were as easy to ignore since they are nonsensical anyways. Freedom isn't about what liberals believe is safer.
>>
>>30398683
>What evidence do you have that background checks don't prevent crime?
Onus is on the affirmative.
You provided no proof of background checks preventing crime. You supposed using red herrings not related.

Regardless:

40% of guns used in crime are from black market sources and 40% are from secondary sources such as friends and illegal straw sales.
soruces
Firearm Use by Offenders, Bureau of Justice Statistics,
>>
>>30398554
>Odds are you probably can't.

>live in a state with legal private sales

Are you retarded?

>I'm sure lots of people have what you want.
Lots of private individuals

>Government doesn't keep track of your gun(s).

t. retard on 4chan

>It's a Jersey thing.

t. confirmed retard on 4chan from retard state

>What evidence do you have that background checks don't prevent crime?

The 90+% of firearms used by criminals being stolen or bought through straw purchases?

>criminals completely evade through theft or find someone that can pass the background checks

Prove to me that they are actually stopping crime.

>When coupled with increased enforcement on illegal gun sales, from whatever source you care to name, with tightened gun laws, background check ect, crime does drop.

Prove it

More guns less crime disagrees with you

>but nobody bitches about laws to prevent drinking and driving.

Drinking and driving is an active crime putting other people in harms way

Buying an inanimate object that has been overwhelmingly proven that the vast majority of which are not used to commit crimes is not a crime.

>The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics finds there is a 0.00000015% chance of dying in a elevator but they are still required to get yearly inspections.

Drinking and driving and elevators are not constitutional rights free from infringement.

>a small number like 0.003% goes to 67.7% when considering how many murders were committed with guns.

And?

>an extremely violent fraction of a subsection of the population uses 0.003% of the guns in the country to commit a majority of the murders

>obviously we need more regulations that have already been proven to be inneffective on the other 99.997%
>>
>>30397916
>Would you support universal background checks on all firearm purchases IF:

No.
>>
>>30397986
>why would you want to buy a gun from somebody in a parking lot?
Because things get sold out, fucko.
I sold a guy a vz2008 just a week ago, you can't find those in any stores anymore except for the really expensive ones from czechpoint
>>
File: 20160613_163942.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160613_163942.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>30397916
As reasonable and rational as your proposition sounds, I unfortunately feel the need to reject it on the fundamental philosophical principles behind the 2nd amendment.

Any federal registry grants far too much power to the federal government. A federal registry is literally the step right before confiscation.

The freedom to conduct private sales must be maintained.

>>30398006
This is a strawman. The biggest issue with universal background checks is that they create a federal registry. Anyone who is hung up on the transfer fee or the inconvenience has lost sight of what a authoritarian government does with a national registry.

>>30398103
This one hundred times

>would you support federally mandated universal background IF

NO

>>30398117
Another strawman. You're good at those aren't you?

Universal background checks require an NICS probe, either by a dealer or by the private sellers. Either way the feds know who is buying/selling a gun.

>>30398279
Still a shitty deal for the citizens. Who cares if the NFA is abolished if they know name, address, and phone number of every gun owning American citizen.

>>30398683
>Cars
>Elevators
>Guns

Pick 2 things not necessary to the security of a free state.

By the way this is the best thread I've seen in a while on /k/

FUCK Universal background checks
FUCK your authoritarian federal firearms registry.
>>
>>30399421
>By the way this is the best thread I've seen in a while on /k/

>tfw the mods delete all the politics threads so I am not allowed to lay antiguncontrol smackdown on /k/
>>
>>30399483
Precisely.

Gun control discussion is most certainly weapons related related. The only reason why the mods keep it off is because they're leftist bootlicking scum.
>>
>>30399310
>Are you retarded?

You interstate sale of fire arms is illegal, unless FFL. Considering most American's don't live in your state odds are it is an out of state weapon.

>The 90+% of firearms used by criminals being stolen or bought through straw purchases?

Buying guns illegally is irrelevant to the argument. This is why we have the police, to find the people who are selling guns illegally. But the point is kinda mute when funding to go after illegal firearms is continually slashed because the NRA thinks even criminals have 2nd Amendment rights.

>Prove to me that they are actually stopping crime.

You can walk through Times Square and not get automatically murdered and or robbed. This changed not only after gun laws were tightened BUT ALSO after enforcement was knocked way the hell up.

>Drinking and driving is an active crime putting other people in harms way. Buying an inanimate object that has been overwhelmingly proven that the vast majority of which are not used to commit crimes is not a crime.

Cars are inanimate objects. This is why every driver needs a license, in most states a safety and or emissions inspection, and insurance.

>Drinking and driving and elevators are not constitutional rights free from infringement.

That is where you are wrong. Drinking is technically protected under the 21st Amendment. Seeing as the Constitution never makes specific reference to elevators or really machines of any kind the 10th Amendment would have us believe it is our right to have an elevator as our own private property.

>>30399002
Again illegal actions are irrelevant to the argument. It is our job to make sure law enforcement has the proper resources to go after criminals.

>>30399368
It is called mass production a common trait of almost every good post industrial revolution. What is not here today will be here in a day, week, month fucko.
>>
>>30398926
>Noone would bitch about gun control laws if they were as easy to ignore since they are nonsensical anyways

Unless you are in bumfuck middle of nowhere it is pretty hard to ignore cops enforcing DUI/DWI.

>Liberals

This whole liberals/conservative stuff is bullshit. The democrats would make sure people on an non-due process list would not get guns, and the republicans would want to listen to all our phone calls for the same reasons. Both infringing right both completely blind to the irony in their arguments.
>>
>>30399542
They would rather keep it on the cancer pit of /pol/.
>>
>>30399542
>The only reason why the mods keep it off is because they're leftist bootlicking scum.

Progun arguments can easily be ignored when you are only allowed to make them on the "Nazi containment board"

>oh no! you obliterated my argument!
>you are not allowed to talk about this stuff anymore
>go back to the board we all disregard for having different opinions

>You interstate sale of fire arms
You are implying that I am purchasing over state lines, I never claimed I was.

>Considering most American's don't live in your state odds are it is an out of state weapon.

So your argument is retarded assumptions as per usual.

>Buying guns illegally is irrelevant to the argument

>claim background checks stop criminals from acquiring guns

>entire argument being based on lies and nonsense is irrelevant now that the actual numbers are told.

>This is why we have the police, to find the people who are selling guns illegally

I don't have a character limit large enough to tell you why that's retarded.

>But the point is kinda mute when funding to go after illegal firearms is continually slashed because the NRA thinks even criminals have 2nd Amendment rights.

First of all they do, refusing rights after time served is retarded.

>funding to go after illegal firearms slashed

Again, prove it.

>You can walk through Times Square and not get automatically murdered and or robbed.

Because there are 20 cops standing there

>This changed not only after gun laws were tightened BUT ALSO after enforcement was knocked way the hell up.

>it was the gun bans not the police on every corner

----
>>
>>30399421
>FUCK your authoritarian federal firearms registry.
Again with this fantasy of firearms registries. I mean the logistics alone would be ungodly. Just look at the DMV system and how much financial support that requires.

BTW cars are by far the most important part to the security of not just a free state but our entire state. The cars go away the economy would go to hell in a hand basket not thing you know Russia is invading as we all fight for survival over what little food remains.
>>
>>30399615
>The only reason why the mods keep it off is because they're leftist bootlicking scum.

Progun arguments can easily be ignored when you are only allowed to make them on the "Nazi containment board"

That's why in the past month or so I've practically committed social suicide by plastering my social media with progun rhetoric.

That is the price we pay.
>>
>>30399562
>Cars are inanimate objects.

And your argument was about people driving them on public property while inebriated.

Don't try and move the goal posts now

>This is why every driver needs a license, in most states a safety and or emissions inspection, and insurance.

And they still kill tens of times the amount of people guns do with many more guns in the country with very few states with strict gun control.

>>30399562
>Again illegal actions are irrelevant to the argument. It is our job to make sure law enforcement has the proper resources to go after criminals.

>>30399562
>It is our job to make sure law enforcement has the proper resources to go after criminals.

It's not my job but lets humor you.

>proper resources to go after criminals

>billions of dollars in funding
>can't convict 50 felons a year for attempting to buy a firearm
>>
File: 20160613_163956.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160613_163956.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>30399647
>The logistics alone would be ungodly

Another fucking strawman jesus. The germans did it in the 1920s and 30s as did the Chinese.

It takes a few programmers and a couple of weeks to write code which will automatically log and create a database of all the names that are run through the NICS. Once it is illegal to transfer a firearm without a NICS check, you start creating a registry. After a generation passes, each and every gun not in the dirt or a the bottom of a lake will be on the list, along with the personal information of the citizen who owns it.

Cars are not necessary to the security of a free state. They play no fundamental role in the balance of powers between the government and the governed.

There is a quote from GoT,

>"Knowlege is power"
>"Seize him, cut his throat.... Stop... Oh wait, I've changed my mind, let him go... step back three paces.. turn around.. close your eyes."

>"Power is power"
>>
>>30399727

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab6GyR_5N6c
>>
>>30399615
Of course background checks stop criminals from buying guns that is why they buy them illegally which is why illegal gun sales need to be cracked down very hard on.

Secondly the NRA continuously purses PD, ATF, and FBI from acquiring the funds to modernize large amount of their criminal records. The trickle down effect of this potential warning signs can slip through the cracks.

Just google DOJ reducing illegal firearms sales/trafficking and you and find three lengthy PDFs all of which contain sections describing how multiple law enforcement communities are chronically understaffed and under resourced to handle the volume of work.

And again you ignore my main point about the dramatically increased law enforcement and head right for the gun control part.
>>
>>30398042
>>30398075
He's right, there have been a shitton of "sensible gun laws proposition" treads recently
>>
>>30397916
>universal background checks on all firearm purchases

This is unenforceable fairytale garbage.

Why do you insist on insisting on this?

How would you even carry this out? How could you possibly force people to do it? It makes no sense.

Laws against murder don't stop people from murdering. Why would laws against selling guns to people without a background check stop people from selling guns to people without a background check?
>>
>>30399765
>illegal gun sales

Private sales are not illegal sales unless they are to felons.

>And again you ignore my main point about the dramatically increased law enforcement and head right for the gun control part.

I support neither.
>>
>>30399727
You know considering how much gun people like to bring up the fact that Germany-EU is so much smaller in population than the US I find it ironic you are now using countries much smaller than the US in population to justify your stance.

Also 1930s China was in the middle of a civil war mostly between the Nationalists and the Communists and in 1937 the Japanese invaded.
>>
>>30399804
>I find it ironic you are now using countries much smaller than the US in population to justify your stance.

>this was possible 75 years ago with a considerably smaller population

>it's now possible with modern computers and the internet to do it with a much larger population

Do you understand the meaning of ironic?
>>
>>30397916
A bunch of these bargaining threads popping up lately... No, most of us won't accept that. The fuckers have already made and broken deals of this type many times, not another inch should be given.
>>
>>30399819
>computers and the internet will solve everything, somehow

Just leave the thread.
>>
>>30399783
By illegal I mean gun sales to felons and or by felons and smugglers like Nicholas Cage from Lord of War.
>>
>>30399421
>>30399338
>>30398711
>>30398601
>>30398232
>>30398136
>>30399833

SAY IT WITH ME, BOYS

SHALL
>>
>>30399819
Even in 1930 the US had almost double the population of Germany.
1933 Germany: 65 million
1933 US: 125 million
>>
>>30399838
>computers and the internet cannot solve registering a segment of the population you previously could not

>somehow

>literally begging the gun board for universal background checks

>somehow

>get BTFO
>this is the best you can come back with

>>30399840
>By illegal I mean gun sales to felons

Which will not be solved by universal background checks since they just wont do one

>and smugglers like Nicholas Cage from Lord of War.

Wow it's like arms dealers are already committing multiple felonies but they will probably do background checks right?

The US does not have a gun issue, it has a gang issue.

Crack down on the people doing the majority of the killing with stolen/feloniously bought firearms.

Do not attempt to implement blanket restrictions on the entire population because of your garbage agenda or incorrect opinions on criminal justice.
>>30399872
And?

again

>thread is crying for universal background checks

>universal background checks that if complied with( they won't be) would be ran through the internet and could easily be stored,organized and accessed on modern computers.

What does us having a larger population have to do with modern technologies ability to record and store data?
>>
File: 20160423_155915.jpg (3 MB, 2611x1958) Image search: [Google]
20160423_155915.jpg
3 MB, 2611x1958
>>30399804
>gun people

You're on /k/
Aren't you a gun person yourself? Or are you some propaganda shill?

If confiscation happened in 20th century Germany and China using their 20th century logistics, then it certainly could happen in 21st century America considering how far technology has come.

If you truly make the claim that a federal registry is logistically impossible, then wouldn't the enforcement of universal background checks be equally if not more logistically difficult?

If it is the case that universal background checks/ the criminalization of private is logistically unrealistic then why pass laws regarding it at all?

Fuck off cointelpro agent.

I love my family, I love my country, I love my civilization. I'll protect these to my death.

In this age of cushy living and technological advancement, surrounding by distracting media materialism, people forget what the natural state of humankind looks like.

"In such condition there is no place for industry, because the fruit thereof is uncertain, and consequently, not culture of the earth, no navigation, nor the use of commodities that may be imported by sea, no commodious building, no instruments of moving and removing such things as require much force, no knowledge of the face of the earth, no account of time, no arts, no letters, no society, and which is worst of all, continual fear and danger of violent death, and the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short"

-Thomas Hobbes
>>
>>30399908
shieet wheres that
>>
>>30397916
Why does the government have a right to regulate the sale of private property between two citizens living in the same state
>>
>>30397916
I would only ever support universal background checks if all import restrictions were lifted, shall issue carry in all 50 states, and the NFA was repealed.
>>
>>30397916
This would be far more convenient for me. I still would not support it. Private firearm sales between individuals is a constitutional right. It may have been temporarily restricted in a few states while we wait for a successful challenge to get through but it is not something we should give up.

Besides in practical terms this type of concession only sets a precedent for what congress would be able to do. They'd proceed to ratchet down over the following decades to increase restrictions to license holders.
>>
File: 20160423_152728.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160423_152728.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>30399838
Well before computers you could't have a (((DATABASE)))

Fuck head. A national registry has never been easier.

>>30399842
NOT

>>30399872
If you can confiscate guns from 60 million people in the 1930s, you can confiscate it from 360 million people in 2020.

I have a good feeling that by arguing in this thread I'm being put on a fucking watchlist.

Good riddance. Come and take it. I have a lot to live for, even more to die for.
>>
>>30398117
Because the government has no reason to interfere with a transaction between two citizens involving private property.
>>
>>30397916
We have that exact system in WA state.

It works just fine.
>>
>>30399647
>Again with this fantasy of firearms registries.
Its the reality in cali and due to the new set of bills there is no grandfathering and unserialized firearms are illegal. It only takes a little more malice to beyond near impossible barriers to entry/freedom and go to attempted confiscation.
Remember Katrina? Cali is so bad they wouldn't even try to find an excuse.

>I mean the logistics alone would be ungodly.
You mean the equivalent of an excel file with a few million rows? Are you living in 1975 or something?

>Just look at the DMV system and how much financial support that requires.
They don't care about sustainability or efficacy.

>BTW cars are by far the most important part to the security of not just a free state but our entire state.
If I may paraphrase a naval nip, "Armerica can not be occupied, they have no non-combatants".
He wasn't saying that because of our roads...

>The cars go away the economy would go to hell in a hand basket
Have you heard of trains and the Mississippi river?

>Russia is invading as we all fight for survival over what little food remains.
Red dawn is inherently flawed. It would be cheaper and easier for the ruskies to just buy the food.
We have about a square mile of land in the continental US for every hundred people. Let's assume that only 30% is workable land, that's about 2 acres for every person. Even with pre-industrial farming methods, there would be no famine.
I get that obango looks and acts like mugabe, but we wouldn't lose all our farmers and machinery overnight...
>>
I wonder what Milo's asshole feels like.
>>
>>30397916
Yes. Because that still doesn't prevent anybody from buying a gun. Straw purchasers will still exist and legal gun owners need only have a license.

Totally worth it for carry in all 50 states. Also, need a way to make it only CCW thing. So fudds without permits don't go on "da list" but in exchange they have to go have an ffl do the transfer each time.

>implying democrats would EVER go for this
>>
>>30398683
>The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics finds there is a 0.00000015% chance of dying in a elevator but they are still required to get yearly inspections.

And the reason that probability is so low is likely due to the fact that elevators require inspection.
>>
>>30397916
>Would you support universal background checks on all firearm purchases

no
>>
>>30401410
>And the reason that probability is so low is likely due to the fact that elevators require inspection.
>require inspection.
Alternatively, robust property rights and freedom could do the same for less money...

And guns don't need inspections, proofing is done at the factory.
Not to mention, fuck off. The last person that I need protection from is myself.
>>
>>30401344
Shit speckled prolapse
>>
>>30397916
>Hello gun owning citizens hypothetically what can we dangle in front of you so we can ass fuck you into oblivion?

Oh my fucking gawd how many of these universal background check shill threads do we need???
>>
>>30397916

>Would you support universal background checks on all firearm purchases if...

No.
>>
>>30401545
>Hello gun owning citizens hypothetically what can we dangle in front of you so we can ass fuck you into oblivion?
I am willing to permit gun welfare if it means the constitution is obeyed.

The result:
Everyone gets a government funded/subsidized pistol and/or rifle and those who make below a certain amount of money (proly the 'poverty line') get food stamps for ammo.

>tl;dr
We still get shafted for having our money stolen and being forced to fund criminals and dem vote buying, but our rights are no longer infringed.
>>
>>30397916
milo?
>>
>>30397916
never
>>
>>30398115
exactly

>>30398554
>gov doesnt keep track of your guns
our government would do this at the drop of a hat

>odds are you prob cant
everyone i know with a gun(s) would happily sell to me, or i to him, if we came to a price agreement
also responding to private gun-for-sale ads is simple and common
>>
>>30398117
due to the paper trail
universal background checks are practically a de-facto registry
>>
>>30399842
BE
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.