[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /k/ think of former Special Forces Major Jim Gant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: 1A-New-e1404238410833.jpg (85 KB, 1181x509) Image search: [Google]
1A-New-e1404238410833.jpg
85 KB, 1181x509
What does /k/ think of former Special Forces Major Jim Gant?

For those who don't know who he is:
>Green Beret who spent 50 months total in Afghanistan + Iraq
>Proposed strategy of befriending Pashtun tribal leaders to strengthen relations and fight the Taliban
>Strategy is extremely effective, and throughout his service, Gant never lost a single man under his command
>Ends up getting thrown out of the Army because he was fucking some war correspondent that he later married, and was also drinking/using pain killers

Do the ends justify the means in this case? This guy got thrown out of the army, busted down to a Captain, and lost his SF tab because some REMF Lt. tattled on him to superiors because he felt it was his "moral duty" or some shit.
>>
File: 1461764247503.jpg (96 KB, 514x768) Image search: [Google]
1461764247503.jpg
96 KB, 514x768
>>30393878

Tough go, and an impressive ability if what you write is true.

However, he knew the rules up front, so the consequences should not be surprising.

One day, the US will find it's balls again, perhaps under an existential threat, and drop this limp-wristed PC cancer.
>>
>>30393948
This exactly.

Except he didn't come up with those strategies so I don't know wtf you are trying to pull. Quit pretending the guy was some sort of god and not another rank-and-file fuckup with an alcohol problem.

Sage.
>>
>>30393878
Good leader, but couldn't keep his personal stuff from affecting the team. Shouldn't have had that side tail.
>>
>>30393948
>and drop this limp-wristed PC cancer.
we can only hope. i'm kinda pissed these are the years i'm spending my 20's in. the 'safe space'/pc years.
>>
>>30393972
If he had been just "another rank-and-file fuckup with an alcohol problem", he wouldn't have been an effective commander. Take the stick out of your ass, Quentin.
>>
>>30393878
A cool dude. No-one's perfect, and only perfect people are capable of defying the establishment and getting away with it.
>>
File: 1438966540591.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1438966540591.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>30393878
What a shitlorde. Who the fuck does he think he is?!?!

At least this guy is getting kicked out...there was another Green Beret who shoved an Afghan dude because he was a child molester. He was supposed to get kicked out but the Army decided that he can stay.

Again...what a complete shitlorde.
>>
>>30393878
Wait so he completely fucked himself over for a woman who cheated on her husband with him, then he marries her. Shit. She'll prob leave him and then he'll really have fuck all.
>>
Ulysses S. Grant was a drunk but President Lincoln needed a man who would fight and win battles.
>>
File: KurtzMAIN.jpg (36 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
KurtzMAIN.jpg
36 KB, 615x409
I think he fucking legend and got the job done , so what if he got some poontang , the only fuck up in this story is the cuck who reported him
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.