[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey all, I'm going to be getting into the market to buy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (466 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
466 KB, 1024x768
Hey all, I'm going to be getting into the market to buy my first hand gun and j was looking for some suggestions and advise. I'm looking in the $300-$400 range but can go a little higher if need be. I was thinging about a Smith and Wesson SD9VE because I had the chance to test fire one a few days ago. Felt good in the hands and all but that trigger pull is a mile long. Any ideas?
>>
m&p bodygaurd

youre welcome
>>
Forgot to add that it'll be for home defense and plenty or range time. Can't carry in my state.
>>30391716
Seems a little too small to me.
>>
>>30391753
Either some glock or my favorite XD service. I won't shill for one of the other both are excellent choices. Alternatively police trade P226
>>
>>30391672
Don't waste your money. SD9's are trash. You can pick up a LEO trade in Glock for the same price and will have a far superior pistol.
>>
File: image.jpg (797 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
797 KB, 3264x2448
>>30391672
Just bought for 450
>>
>>30391672
>Can't carry in my state.
Whether or not carry is an option pretty much defines firearm selection.

Unless you're into IDPA or other pistol sports pistols are a shit choice for home defense. They're significantly less lethal, less controllable, and overall worse. They're a better choice than a handgun, but a worse choice than an AR.
>$300-$400 range
To be perfectly honest that's not really enough for a $300 pistol. You'll need about $20 for shipping, $35 to transfer, at least one box of 124gr hollow points ($30), and a few hundred rounds of the cheapest factory brass you can buy ($100 for 500). After all that you have between $100 and $250. I paid $280 for my SD9VE with my discount.

I'm looking through my spreadsheet at the moment. You're pretty much looking at a Hi Point or a Stevens 320.
>>
>>30392357
>pistols are a better choice than a handgun

ok friendo...
>>
If it has to be new, I always recommend the SR9. They're good, and about as cheap as I'd go.
In my experience the FNS can be found for around that too
>>
>>30391672
I've shot quite a few of them and apart from the trigger they are great guns for the price. However I'd look at Canik tp9 in terms of getting a better package.
>>
>>30392444
He doesn't have the money for a rifle, it's just worth pointing out that a rifle is a better choice.
>>
>>30392470
Stop shilling for Turks. Canik is hot garbage.
>>
>>30391716
You know you should generally ask what they plan on using it for while considering the "first gun" part. I know you like the bodyguard but be competent for a sec
>>
>>30391872
You know the SD9 and VE are two different models and the VE is a literal glock copy right?
>>
>>30392487
Great rebuttal nogunz
>>
>>30391672
Ruger 9E bro. Better deal than the S&W budget gun.

>>30391716
Too small

>>30391925
You wasted your money

>>30392470
Buying a first gun, getting one from Turkey. Oh boy.
>>
I can either buy a FEG P9R for $320 or a CZ 75B for $450 which should I get?
>>
Just get a beretta m9 service pistol
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.