[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for a NY Compliant Saiga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: saiga.jpg (12 KB, 462x173) Image search: [Google]
saiga.jpg
12 KB, 462x173
Hey folks, I've been saving up my money for either a NY compliant Saiga or AR. I don't plan on staying in NY (State, not city) for much more than another year or two but I still want another rifle for my collection soon.

The reason I'm leaning Saiga over AR is because compliant ones don't look like aborted abominations cobbled together, but I could be swayed one way or another.

I've been using my google-fu but alas every place I check seems to be sold out. Is it just because of Orlando and Dems throwing hissy fits? What's a good price I should be looking at that isn't inflated due to panic buyers? And lastly where can I fricking get one. More looking at actual dealers than Armslist.
>>
Additional info, I already have an SKS but want something with detachable mags and has the potential to be unfucked with parts from other states when I leave.
>>
File: img20160326_222046.jpg (1 MB, 1494x2656) Image search: [Google]
img20160326_222046.jpg
1 MB, 1494x2656
>>30390914
Got mine on a military base for 500$ and I was the last 7.62 my base will ever be allowed to sell. Feels bad but good that I got her.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 600x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 600x215
>>30391079
Saigas are under import ban iirc so they are harder and harder to find
Might want to look into Ares SCR
>>
>>30391145

That..looks nice. How adjustable is that? Say if I took a weekend trip to PA and decided to buy parts that could fit but never attach to it.
>>
>>30391145

Yup. Got mine as soon as the EO was signed.

>>30390914

You won't find any new 7.62 ones, Mississippi auto arms might have a couple 5.45 left, but I doubt it. You might get lucky but from what I've seen the supply dried up about 3 months ago.

Best bet is to find a used one. They do have some "new" converted ones out there but you're in NY so that's out of the question.

Search with the might of a thousand Google's and hope there's a new one out there somewhere.
>>
>>30391364
>>30391145

So if I want a Saiga I have to hope that Trump gets elected and unfucks the import ban.
>>
>>30391439

Sadly, yes.
>>
Anyone have a review for the Ares SCR?
>>
>>30391964

TFB TV has one.
>>
>>30391280
You can put any upper on it but you need to use their bolt carrier group

It's built around the stock so you always have that but if you move to a free state you can get a threaded barrel and hi cap mags
>>
>>30391964
gen 1 SCR had bad trigger, gen 2 had better trigger than gen 1's.
special snowflake BCG, no drop in triggers.
The magazine well is a bit up there.

That's pretty much it. It's really just a fixed stock lower, and a lower really only has a few things you can talk about.
>>
>>30391145
You're better off with a Mini 14.

NY compliant ARs are all butchered messes.
If Ruger would just unfuck themselves and make a STANAG Mini 14, they'd sell like hot cakes.
>>
>>30392957

What's a good price for Mini 14s?
>>
>>30392957

Yeah, you can even get them at Wally World too.
>>
>>30393454
https://www.wikiarms.com/group/ruger_mini_14

10 Dollar Gun Club has best prices for NY compliant Mini-14s.
>>
File: 20160624_211259-1.jpg (3 MB, 2321x2154) Image search: [Google]
20160624_211259-1.jpg
3 MB, 2321x2154
I have a unused one I could sell you OP. I was going to covert it but I don't really have a good work to place to convert it. Let me know if you are interested.
>>
>>30392957
I'm curious as to how you figure that. seems like the Mini14 is a problem looking for a solution with the current ban offerings.
>>
>>30393703
You have the Ares, which is a bit cruddy with the trigger and BCG issues
NY legal ARs, which have either god awful retardo compliant stocks and grips, or fixed mags that you need to use the rear takedown pin to reload,
SKSes, which OP already has and lack detachable mags anyway
And the occasional fuddy semi auto hunting rifle.

The Mini 14 is built from the ground up as a compliant rifle. It's ergonomic, it's comfortable, and ever since Ruger unfucked their QC, it just werks too. It's always going to be second fiddle to the AR, but in ban states, it's the best thing you can get if you want a semi .223 rifle.
>>
So how much can I get for my izhmash saiga 7.62 in America's current market?
>>
>>30394216

'bout tree fiddy
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.