[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you share your guns at the range? Recently got my wife into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 650x418) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 650x418
Do you share your guns at the range?

Recently got my wife into shooting which is great. And what's mine is hers when it comes to my funs. But now she wants to bring her friends to the range with us to play with our toys. Something about that makes me uncomfortable. Obviously lots of expensive hardware that I keep not only for fun but for self-defense if the need ever arises.

Is it weird to tell her not to invite people under the premise of using my guns?

Do true /k/ommados share with anybody?
>>
Of course I share guns at the range -- provided the other person knows what they're doing.

Have her only invite a few people -- like one at a time, to join you at the range, so you can make sure that they follow the range rules, you can make sure they're not going to scope-bite themselves, control their brass, etc. and have a general good time.

Too many nogunz at the range and you're not going to have fun, they're not going to have fun, and shit can get dangerous
>>
>>30390006
Well, besides it costing a shitton of money to let everybody shoot a couople times
>her friends
>her

Be careful with that. My gf's have personally never ever had non-retarded friends, but obviously I don't know about your wife.
>>
I don't like to. I dislike when the range staff demands that you let them shoot them. Unprofessional.
>>
>>30390047
Explain. That sounds very strange
>>
>>30390047
>range staff demands that you let them shoot them
they supply the ammo right?
>>
>>30390026
Didn't even think of the ammo costs. That's a good excuse to get out of this. If she still wants them to come I'll give them some stupid rare ammunition and tell them to bring that.

>>"My gun only takes .458 SOCOM, good luck finding it."
>>
>>30390025
Part of the concern is also privacy. Not sure if I want pictures of me at a range surrounded by Automatic Weapon 2015s.
>>
>>30390006

Of course I do.

If someone at the range asks, I'll let them shoot a few rounds, let them shoot their own ammo if it isn't garbage ammo, or trade for what they want to shoot.

If a friend wants to go out, I'll let them shoot free one time. After that, they're contributing their own ammo and helping to clean and carry.

Granted, if your situation is more of a "But. These bitches, man" kind of thing...no. No I'm not sure I'd share.
>>
>>30390006
Vent them, tell her straight out I don't want to take him/her because they are not responsible enough. I take some of my friends to the range and some I never bring it up because I don't think they would be responsible at the range
>>
>>30390132
No. Pretty standard where I love (in my state).
They come up for an inspection, fire a magazine or two and usually just say "looks good, nice gun" and walk off. One time some guy shot all my ammo and it made me mad.
>>
Range time is where I go to get away from my wife... Why would I take her or her friends with me? I've gone shooting with her dad and her sister's boyfriend a few times and let them shoot some of my stuff. Let some kids shoot my SVT40...
>>
>>30390006
Yes. If someone is asking questions or seems genuinely interested I'll gladly let them fire off one or two of my reloads. Most of the time I'm at the range I'm either shooting one of my long range rifles or a shiny revolver so is usually always endup letting someone take at least one round.
The only time I say no is when they're super sperg or just seem entitled to my firearm.

>let a little kid about 9-12 shoot an axe can at 100yd with my .223
>kid loved it, kept the can
>>
>>30390171
What shithole state is that?
>I live in CT and have never heard of such a thing
>>
File: guarden hose.jpg (398 KB, 2963x703) Image search: [Google]
guarden hose.jpg
398 KB, 2963x703
>>30390006
dat garden equipment green tho. brings new life to the term bullet hose
>>
If you do decide to go to the range with some strangers, consider bringing only a few of your less valuable guns. Make them start out with a .22 or pump shotgun, bring out the more fun, easier to fuck up guns as they gain your trust.
>>
>>30390188
Made me smile.
>>
File: some clips.jpg (906 KB, 1467x2200) Image search: [Google]
some clips.jpg
906 KB, 1467x2200
>>30390006
Absolutely. Some people offer to compensate me for however much ammo was spent, some try to compensate me for "rental" of my funs, some offer to bring ammo with them, but I decline all that.

It's for them. They get to have a good time and not worry about money or politics or family or anything. Be attentive, be safe, and let some not-so-guns have some fun. And put a couple dozen extra foam ear plugs in your bag at all times.

Suppressors always make people beam. That's my compensation.
>>
>>30390171
that is not standard, blast the shit out of that gunstore everywhere that'll let you leave a review.
>>
>>30390006
Usually run them through basic safety if they don't already know and basic operation of the guns they'll be using. Though back when I still had a pump action, my compensation would be the look on their face when after 3 or 4 light target loads, they'd pull the trigger on that 3' slug
>>
>>30390242
They are a cool range/shop.
The other one near me fucking sucks. I got told that the tip should be around 20% there (where the guys are the other range only expect 5% or so and are happy to get it).
I bought my glock 19 at the first one and when the guys said it would be $600 plus tip, I gave an extra $50 and he was pissed as fuck. Fuck that place.
>>
>>30390171
its not the standard but by law they can do it. if you go shooting in texas they make sure you're not blind, make sure you have a license, then let you shoot until the sun goes down
>>
>>30390232
hey, that's super cool. anon!
>>
>>30390288
>tipping at a range
What the fuck?
>>
>>30390304
>not tipping at a range
Dude, youre an asshole.
>>
>>30390288
My range encourages same tipping scale as restaurants (15% for good service, 20% great, 10% poor)
>>
Ammo is fucking expensive! Gun cleaning takes a lot of skill and time when done right. So IF you trust them from a safety point of view, then the others need to buy their own ammo plus enough for your own shooting pleasure as well.
>>
>>30390314
Same as mine.
>>
>>30390313
I've been going to the same range for 8 years now, and this is the first i've heard someone tipping. So what, you tip the RO or some shit?
>>
>>30390171
>fire a magazine or two
>the information posted here [...]
>>
File: FB_IMG_1455833256582.jpg (64 KB, 908x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1455833256582.jpg
64 KB, 908x960
I don't normally go to public ranges but if the person isn't cancer I do. cod fags sprint up and want to shoot the UMP and mp5 rs but I usually tell them to fuck off. Actually old timers usually get the biggest kick out of them. Plus you always get looks when you need to make 10 trips to your car to bring everything.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160624-143016.png (4 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160624-143016.png
4 MB, 2560x1440
>>30390006
Letting strangers magdump with my FAL is probably the most satisfying thing I can get from a range trip. A .308 autoloader never fails to leave a grin on their face and mine.

Share guns, spread the love.
>>
>>30390145
Women have little regard for your personal privacy and feel that anything you do with or around them is Facebook Fodder.

I am glad I got rid of my last girlfriend, I have more money, more free time and I am a lot less stressed.
>>
>>30390006
I love letting people shoot my guns
>>
people who love to share their guns are probably the same people who share their wives.
>>
I am usually let people shoot my guns to their content with ammo and all

if its some no guns looking to get into it happy to oblige..the more the merrier
>>
>>30390006
My friend and I used to shoot a lot together. Then he started inviting a bunch of his faggot friends along. It's really fun to babysit people who are wearing out your shit, and using your ammunition, especially when you don't have any connection with them, other than they know somebody that you know. So you don't know if they have a respect for property, or if they treat everything as garbage.

If you do it OP, do one at a time. Nothing's worse than barely getting to shoot, using a lot of ammo, and feeling like the 8th wheel at the same time.
>>
>>30390006
Not weird at all to be wary of dragging a bunch of people with you. Specify only one extra at a time, bring guns specifically for teaching them. Offer to take photos with a gun you're comfortable being shown, if you're really worried tell them no phones out on the range for safety reasons.

As far as strangers at the range, if they ask politely then sure. I've offered to let the RO try stuff out since they tend to chat about what you bring but they've all said they don't shoot during working hours. Never tipped them either, wtf is with that?
>>
>>30390006
Yes.

Few things in this world feel better than a stranger showing genuine interest in your firearms.
>>
>>30390006
>Do you share your guns at the range?
I didn't buy all the neat toys I have just to jerk off to them in my room.
Half the fun is showing off all the neat stuff I've found since my collection, while not super unique to /k/, is super unique at the predominantly fudd run ranges I attend when I'm not just in the back yard shooting.
I don't want them wasting a bunch of my cash, but I'm all for someone taking one of my guns and squeezing off 10 shots since they've never seen X gun before.
>Is it weird to tell her not to invite people under the premise of using my guns?
It'd be weirder if you couldn't find the courage to have her let her friends know that ammo isn't free, and to have some self control. It's one thing if she's doing a first introduction to guns for someone, or they don't use a lot of ammo and mostly socialize. But there should probably be a suggested donations box if people are just there to have fun and have already established themselves as shooters and need to start pulling their own weight a bit.
>>
>>30390171
id tell them to fuck off
>>
>>30390006
I hate to sound like a dick, but I started implementing a you-use-your-own-ammo-or-you-help-clean policy. People don't seen to realize how quickly ammo can get expensive, and don't seen to understand how much work goes into keeping a firearms clean. It's not so much that I dislike people using my toys, it's that I dislike their lack of respect for what it takes to keep them running.
>>
>>30390313
who in the fucking fuck tips at a range? ive already paid to use it, im not gonna give them more as they take a fucking nap while i shoot
>>
>>30390006
when it comes to bringing people, as long as they bring their own ammo or throw me some cash I don't give two shits about them shooting my guns.

Random people at the range?
I have no problem with letting people shoot a handful if they ask, it's the best way to try out new guns and meet new people.

And you would be amazed at what some people whip out when you treat people friendly.
>>
>>30390313
Obvious RO is obvious.
>>
File: image.jpg (957 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
957 KB, 3264x2448
Generally don't really mind it
Often there are newbies renting guns or something, and I'll offer to let them shoot a cylinder of .357 or something. Because everybody loves that shit
>>
File: SAM_0006.jpg (1 MB, 1844x1383) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0006.jpg
1 MB, 1844x1383
If I get looks at the range I normally give them the look back to say 'come and try it bruh.'

Usually give them a magazine to run with if they're cool. Did it with image related, dude said he'd wanted to fire one for years and was ecstatic after he did. Made my day.
>>
>>30390232
Your a good man.
>>
>>30390006
>Do true /k/ommando's attempt to sway public opinion of private firearm ownership by educating people on the utility and recreational potential of said firearms?
What the fuck do you think autist? Have them buy their own ammo if they want to shoot more than a mag or two, obviously easier to do if you go to a range that sells ammo.
>>
>>30392549
What do i google to find that particular model?
Are you in the us?
>>
File: SAM_0004.jpg (1 MB, 1844x1383) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0004.jpg
1 MB, 1844x1383
>>30392646
AUG A3 M1

US, currently in NC, won't be in three months
>>
>>30390006
I don't bring anyone to the range with me, I always go alone. But I always offer to let anyone else at the range have a go with my guns if their interested, as long as they aren't retarded or a douche.
>>
File: image.jpg (397 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
397 KB, 1536x2048
I've shared my guns at the range and vice versa. This is how I've shot a little over 80+ different kinds of guns. The Barrett single shot has to be one of my favorites I've shot
>>
>>30390006
don't bogart your guns, just use it as an excuse to buy multiples of the guns you already own
>>
Sure, but it's nice when people are conscientious about how much ammo of yours they're blowing through and how much it costs. Nogunz/newbies seem to think a solid day at the range will set you back 5 bucks in ammo.

I appreciate when people load up their own ammo, let me shoot theirs in return, or only take a couple of shots because they don't want to shoot up too much of my money.
>>
>>30390171
If you are not troll. You are getting fucked.

Like it'd be one thing if they shot their own ammo -- already strange but whatever. If they shoot YOUR ammo they are basically thieves
>>
>>30390006
I would say no. Unless they have their own guns or are at least familiar with the most basic rules before even going. Also if you're concerned about privacy its a definite no. Because everything women do, they feel should be recorded on social networks.
>>
File: 242435243 - Copy.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
242435243 - Copy.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
>>30392915
For real, last time I went shooting my sister and my mother kept taking pictures and I had to remind them repeatedly that I did NOT want that shit anywhere. Politely, of course. Not with me in them, at least. I don't want to think that I'm paranoid but I don't like that shit.

Regardless, I otherwise thoroughly enjoyed taking my family shooting and would love to do again this summer.
>>
>>30390288
>$600 plus tip
well played sir
>>
>>30390025
I agree with this completely. It's how I roll.
>>
File: 20160521_123712.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160521_123712.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
>>30390047
Damn.
I thought /b was for cucks.

Strayan.
Any RO acting like that would get told to fuck off at a minimum.
And sacked for shooting when he was supposed to be ROing.
>>
People who don't shoot have not one clue what ammo costs. Make sure there are a few conspicuous price tags on your ammo boxes. If they don't offer (the classy thing to do) I have no qualms asking for a contribution.

Secondly, you can only safely supervise so many non shooters. I would have more then 2 Untrained first time shooter under my supervision. Do not take on more then you are comfortable with and only allow one on the firing line at a time.

I am happy to share and introduce new shooters to the sport. But I am not free field trip range coach.

Why don't you try a range trip or two on your terms and see how it goes? You can always pull the plug if it becomes too much.
>>
Why do they want to go? A fun one time outing? Ok I can live with that provided it says a one time thing. I'd rather not play tour guide. Now if someone wants to learn and is considering buying thier own gun that is different.
>>
>>30390139
>no really, I'd love to take you
>but my gun takes 408 cheytac and it's super expensive....
>sure, bring your own box and you can come!
>>
>>30390047
wut
>>
>>30390553
>Women have little regard for your personal privacy
Holy fucking shit, this.

I have this problem with coworkers, much less a girlfriend.

I tell one female coworker that I bought a Python (I was really excited, okay?), and now the whole company knows I have guns. At least this company was cool with it. The most negative comment I've had so far was that I'm an amateur (which is true), and that I'm "too young" to own a Python (which isn't true, but understandable).
>>
>>30390006
You're not in the wrong at all. Maybe if one friend has truly expressed an interest in shooting then they can tag along but they should show up with their own ammo. You didn't buy guns so you could wait in line to shoot them
>>
>>30390006
>her friends
Are they your friends as well?
If not, then you can 100% tell them to fuck off. You didn't marry them.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.