[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
interesting lever action rifles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1461408775525.jpg (205 KB, 1024x455) Image search: [Google]
1461408775525.jpg
205 KB, 1024x455
What are some of your favorite lever action guns? Thinking of getting one since I've never been into the older gun designs.
>>
File: spencer.jpg (23 KB, 592x237) Image search: [Google]
spencer.jpg
23 KB, 592x237
Cartridge Spencers are pretty neat.
>>
>>30389054
Probably the 1895 in 54r

I would kill to have an issued one.

IIRC, those rifles had very high chances of being used in combat. I also seem to remember them being regarded quite highly.
>>
>>30389094
Watching a video on one right now. I would really like to own one, even a commercial one. Would it be smart to use one as a shooter?
>>
>>30389121
>would it be smart
I don't see why not? unless it has some fractures in the barrel or something it can handle any surplus or hunting x54R out there. just don't be that guy that put's fireball handloads through it.

These are tools made to shoot. if anyone looks at you funny call them a faggot.
>>
>>30389121
They're a cool piece of history, but I don't see why not. They're wonderful rifles.

I wish Winchester would do a production run of them in 54r. Surely they still have the tooling laying around somewhere, and 54r is still cheap-ish.
>>
>>30389143
I initially wanted one since it's a x54r lever action but I heard working the action feels shitty when putting surplus ammo through it but if I ever do find one, I would shoot better quality x54 out of it.

Cleaning the corrosive salts out of it must be unpleasant.

On an unrelated note, is there any good 'entry level' lever actions one should look at?
>>
>>30389179
MARLIN 30-30

DURR RIFLE TO END ALL DURR RIFLES
>>
>>30389087
Are there non-cartridge Spencers?
>>
>>30389179

This>>30389189

Uberti makes repros of the older pistol caliber lever guns. Taurus and Rossi makes a bunch of cheap lever guns too.

Winchester also hasn't stopped making leverguns. well, except when they went under.
>>
>>30389227
Spencer toyed with muzzleloader designs before his debut with his breachloader. He even went on to make shotguns after the war since he had like a million rifles on the surplus market.
>>
>>30389179
Marlin, Henry, and Winchester are good (less to more expensive in that order)
Uberti is GOAT but you might have to sell a kidney.
Rossi and Chiappa are meh tier. They can be good or garbage.

Give Marlin a serious inspection before you buy they had some QC issues but they have been stamped out.

Marlin is definitely the best entry lever gun on the market imo.
>>
File: 2-chp920-188_1.jpg (10 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
2-chp920-188_1.jpg
10 KB, 480x480
I ordered a Chiappa Little Sharps for the shop and it arrived last week.

It's such a neat weird gun. Hefty price tag, though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.