[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be a good standard rifle for a militia? I think the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 600px-ETV-SniperCUa.jpg (28 KB, 600x261) Image search: [Google]
600px-ETV-SniperCUa.jpg
28 KB, 600x261
What would be a good standard rifle for a militia? I think the M44 would be a good candidate but they are becoming too expensive. So I was thinking the Chinese Type 53 and or any SKSs would be good options. Also what would be good tactics other than obvious ones like guerrilla warfare?
>>
File: Gorilla-Warfare--18468.jpg (116 KB, 750x585) Image search: [Google]
Gorilla-Warfare--18468.jpg
116 KB, 750x585
>>30388240
I heard gorilla warfare is effective
>>
>>30388266
Thanks for the tip. FOR HARAMBE!
>>
>>30388240
I'm not even an AR guy, but an AR would be perfect for a militia.
>>
>>30388240
The AR.

For what it is, it's extremely cheap, can be converted to select fire by anyone with a drill press and an m16 fire control group and ammo can be eternally found domestically.

Srsly. SKS and other dinky ass milsurp rifles are completely pointless, as they'll have no parts or ammo availability after a year of fighting.

>Also what would be good tactics other than obvious ones like guerrilla warfare?

The biggest problem for the US in fighting a civil war is that there is no united front, and the US has overarching air superiority through the entire nation. You're fucked unless your first move is a nation wide sabotage of the nations air bases.

If you're fighting a war to repel foreign invaders, then either link up with the actual military and offer assistance as needed, or do what the iraqi's did: look like you've given up and then do drive bys on puppet government forces until you've taken half the country back and the foreign puppeteer is too economically crippled to lift a finger on it.
>>
>>30388289
>>30388296
Not everyone could afford or in some places even obtain one. I'm looking more quantity than quality. Sure some people have them or could get them but for $100-$200 you could get a Type 53 and use it to kill someone and take their gun and give the Type 53 to someone who doesn't have a gun so they can repeat the process.
>>
If you want bolt guns, savage axis world be a decent choice.
>Cheap
>Wide range of common calibers

Tho an ar-15 would be far better, honestly, I'm not sure militias usually have a standard. Back when they were common, it was each person brings what they had.
In a modern context, this means you'll get a bunch of milsurp, ar-15s, and remington 700s.
>>
>30388240
Make everone build a rifle on their own cost, but arms not be priced as a total of $1200, and be built and proofed. I would go for an AK rifle platform in 7.62 NATO and an AR pistol platform for .223 Rem. That way you have ammo capture/purchase/accessory options with 2 proven systems and you just practice as need with a somewhat low cost.
>>
I think any sturdy bolt action in 308 or 30 06 would be excellent. Low training to achieve accurate fire. Lower ammunition consumption. Easy Care.
Of course its weak in cqb. But who the fuck wants to close and engage in cqb when you can stand off.
>>
>>30388353
Literally who cares about countries other than the US, and if you're too much of a poorfag to shell out for a $500 starter AR, then maybe you should be loading magazines for everyone else, bitchboy.
>>
>>30388446
>I would go for an AK rifle platform in 7.62 NATO

Wew lad.

I mean, they do exist, but finding a 7.62 nato PSL is rare as fuck, and i know your newfag ass did not mean that.
>>
>>30388353
>I'm looking more quantity than quality.

Yeah, me too. an SKS is a $400 rifle. An AR is a $500 rifle if you know how to shop.

A type 53 is a garbage can of a rifle, and if you're using it to kill people without getting yourself killed, then you're engaging from a distance where recovering the enemy's weapon is unfeasible.

>even obtain one

You can get AR parts online without the state knowing, and you can get AR lowers everywhere except new york...

A californian can easily aquire an AR for warfare purposes be it legal or not in his state.
>>
>>30388536
>except new york
>mfw in Jew York
>>
>>30388446
You build it. Go get 80% flats if you cant find a pre bent 80% that will fit. Go find bulgarian parts for it or find a machine shop. Buddy, I'm talking about you troop being at least being internet resourceful. If they can't do that, then idk what to tell you.
>>
>>30388529
You build it. Go get 80% flats if you cant find a pre bent 80% that will fit. Go find bulgarian parts for it or find a machine shop. Buddy, I'm talking about you troop being at least being internet resourceful. If they can't do that, then idk what to tell you.
>>
>>30388512
What's your current 3 mile time? What's your 3 mile in full kit?
>>
>>30388610
Why in gods name would i shove 7.62 nato into a AK platform, when i can spend far less, and get far more, out of 7.62 nato on an AR platform?

This is completly ignoreing that you JUST found out (after lots of googleing) that the AK uses 7.62x39. I mean, we were all new once, but seriously, lurk more and shut up.

Last (You) from me, enjoy it, and make your last word count.
>>
>>30388623
>NotthatAnonbut
40m/1hr
>>
>Good weapon
An AR-15, hands down.
>Good tactics besides guerilla
None, a militia's job isn't to take and hold territory, a militia's job is to cause attrition loss and damage morale.
>>
>>30388623
Not that anon either, but how is that thread-relevant? It would be easier to do for most people with an AR than with an AK or SKS with equivalent amounts of ammo.
>>
>>30388296

>SKS
>no parts or ammo availability

Right, because one of the most prolific rifles of the Cold War that fires the same round as the most mass produced assault rifle of all time will be so hard to maintain and feed.

SKS would probably be the perfect rifle to arm a militia with a reasonably modern design at a fraction of the cost. Pretty sure 7.62x39 is cheaper than 5.56 too, especially in warzones.
>>
>>30388529
Both Saiga and Vepr rifles exist in .308/7.62x51, and the Zastava M77 can be had for like 650. Why you would want one is beyond me though.
>>
>>30389027
>how is that thread-relevant

The anon I replied to called someone else a bitchboy for not shelling out money for a decent AR, instead debating on buying a cheaper SKS.

If an anon who can't run a half mile without wheezing has an AR but is shit talking a fit anon who has a cheap Slav shit then this is the most /k/ thread ever.
>>
>>30388240
>I think the M44

opinion disregarded
>>
>>30388240
standard rifle

>mines and booby traps
>demoralize and strike fear into enemy
>ANY cheap rifle today under 200-300$ with scope
>shoot for leaders and run
>>
>>30388373
I agree, the Savage axis, simply because a militia could afford it on a tight budget.

If it could be afforded, AR15
>>
>>30388909
This. Additionally militia might do policing.

>>30389067
Doesn't matter what the commonality is worldwide if it's not common where you're at. Ignoring the fact that you're vastly underestimating the amount of AR pattern rifles worldwide, they are infinitely more common in the U.S. Go to a gun show and see what's more common.

Additionally ARs are very easy to change parts on compared to shitty Eastern Bloc patterns.

>>30389677
Anyone who legitimately thinks an SKS would be a better purchase than AR is so incredibly stupid that no amount of PT is gonna help them.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.