[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guns for Travel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1457404782349.jpg (89 KB, 520x387) Image search: [Google]
1457404782349.jpg
89 KB, 520x387
/k/

Thinking about taking a road trip across the US. Want to bring a handgun or something for self defense against skinwalkers and shit.

Are there any laws that would prohibit me from bringing a gun across state boarders? I don't plan on open carrying it and in case of the worst possible outcome along this trip.

This is also hopefully be my first gun purchase and any recommendations would be amazing.
>>
Several states prohibit having a loaded gun in your car without a concealed carry license.
>>
I heard truckers carry black powered revolvers
>>
I think there's a national law that allows you to say 'fuck it' to state and local laws regarding firearms when you're just traveling through that state and not staying for extended periods of time. This is 4chan, so you might want to double check on that before you put your nuts on the line.
>>
>>30386587
I didn't plan on having it loaded. I'm seeing that a common rule is that if it's unloaded and out of the way it's alright. But I never had a gun so I don't know.
>>
>>30386643
>Carry loaded gun in car
>Carry gun box with open padlock and padlock key still stuck in lock in trunk
>If needed, shoot Dindu, tell police that you retrieved it after he began acting threatening
>Don't do anything dumb that'll get your car searched otherwise
>>
>>30386445
also planning on going on a road trip
not old enough to have a handgun so I like to have a knife
my favorite is a 4" fixed blade
that's good for most states right?
>>
>>30386748
Just get a rifle s.m.h.
>>
>>30386873
and do what? oc down the las vegas strip? hike down the grand canyon with it slung on my back?
>>
Freeways dont go off laws like if you pass through an indian reservation and shit you're good as long as you don't pull over. Having a ccw will do you good in over 40 states usually. I only travel to commifornia occasionally so I carry a 1911 jist to avoid any magaxine law issues.
>>
>>30386973
According to federal law you can have one with a written note from your parent
>>
>>30386973
Yes? Are you too much of a pussy to OC a rifle?
>>
>>30387185
yeah federal, but state law can be a bitch about carrying weapons, and I'm going across 13 different states
>>30387610
>Anon why are you carrying around that gun around everywhere?
>Someone's going to call the cops on us
>Everyone is staring Anon
>Do you really need that Anon?
>What if that goes off and hits one of us?
I just don't want to deal with OCing with my family who's mostly anti-guns
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.