[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gun show advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: tmp_22046-logo-1452234948.png (98 KB, 363x361) Image search: [Google]
tmp_22046-logo-1452234948.png
98 KB, 363x361
Hey /k/, going to a gun show next month for the first time. Any advice or useful knowledge for a first time buyer? I'm looking for a wonder 9 while I'm there, what are some decent price ranges?
>>
Don't impulse buy. They may be better deals out online or at your lgs.

Make sure to ask permission before picking up a weapon. Some vendors are anal retentive about that shit. And for the love of God don't muzzlesweep everyone around you.

Shop around and try to bargain if you can. Otherwise take your business elsewhere.

Ask to see the bore. All good vendors have a bore light.

Gun shows (at least the ones I've been to) tend to be expensive. However if you want to get a feel for a particular gun there's no place better.
>>
I never been to a gunshow but Im pretty sure its like a comic book or anime convention

A bunch of shit you can get way cheaper online or elsewhere
>>
>>30385228
are you in orlando?
>>
>>30385339
Thanks for the info anon. I'll definitely price compare other sources.

>>30385415
Just north of O town. Casselberry/Maitland
>>
>>30385473
Don't buy guns at the gun show. Only ammo and mags. There's a guy there who sells newpmags for like 9$ which is pretty decent.
>>
>>30385415
>>30385473
Winter Park representing.

OP, the gun shows they host here (at the fairgrounds) are pretty cool and are fun to go to if you've never been or if you're looking to be able to finger a bunch of different guns at the same place. However, the prices are generally the same as normal LGS prices (especially Shoot Straight, which has the largest display section at the shows) so don't get caught up thinking you have to buy something you like right then and there.

My best advice is that the gun show is best for finding good deals on accessories/ammo (exclusively bulk reloads) more so than actual guns, the exception to that being the small private local manufacturers that sometimes show up with a small booth to display their builds.

Don't go in expecting to find some great deal, but instead use it as a chance to get hands on with whatever you're interested in and ask whatever questions you have because LGS staff (again Shoot Straight is the largest by far) is out in full force.
>>
>>30385339
> dont impulse buy
I see what you did there
>>
>>30385228
Have good charge and service on your phone, google everything you consider buying.

small story

>see decent red dot for 90$
>ask booth guy can i take a picture
> he says "no, because you people look it up on your phones. I took the effort to come here to sell you stuff, so i resent that."
>all i heard was "no im trying to rip you off"
> took pic anyways
> it was an airshit sight
>>
If you're in Florida, the only reasons to go are
>Nazi memorabilia
>Shoot Straight's used handguns
>antique fuddshit

Anything else will be priced unfairly
>>
>>30385339
>don't impulse buy
This. I did that with an AR-180, then spent the rest of the show wondering how the hell I was gonna cover the costs of it as a broke-ass college student

That doesn't mean I regret doing it, but still.
>>
>>30385608
My wp friend which ranges in the area do you prefer?
>>
>>30385685
>nazi memorabilia

Too true
>>
>>30385701
If I ever go to an actual range I drive out to the free public Forest Road 88 range in the Ocala National Forest. I have family that has land out in Clermont though so I usually go there to shoot.
>>
>>30385709
I once tried to haggle with that old nazi guy, the one with the same stuff at every show, because he tried to sell a rebuilt P38 for the price of a new one. Got him down to 650$, but couldn't go lower
>>
Sell you my Yugo SKS and the 150 rounds I've got for $300, OP.
>>
File: sweating black man 2.png (383 KB, 450x515) Image search: [Google]
sweating black man 2.png
383 KB, 450x515
>>30385775
>tfw I just bought a Yugo with stripper clips, sling, scope mount, and nugget pouch for 400 bucks
>>
>>30385775
I'll give you $250 for it (provided it isn't beat to shit) anon. Winter Park with that cash cash dolla bills on hand if you're looking to sell.
>>
>>30385228
with enough cash, you can buy anything without a background check
maybe not from the same person, but someone always takes the cash

also, look around the whole show, find a rifle or handgun you like. see which place has the cheapest price

have fun
>>
>>30385685
Shoot straight's gun show division has different prices than their lgs, i went to my local shoot straight and asked if they could price match an fnx 45 and told me they dont work with the gun show prices.
>>
>>30385852
atf plz
>>
>>30385775
>>30385832
100% super cereal btw. I'm buying a gun in Winter Park tomorrow morning, hmu if you want to get rid of it and help me DOUBLE DOWN on unnecessary purchases.
>>
>>30385974
Where do you go? I used to hang out at Buffalo Bill's before Richard sold the shop.
>>
>>30386036
I meant I'm buying one from someone else, private sale, but around that general area I like Lord of War Firearms over in Oviedo. The resident gunsmith is a pretty chill dude, usually has some cool project out behind the counter that he'll shoot the shit about.
>>
>>30385899
This is true though my story is dated from last year . S.Florida faire gunshow had a Mossberg 500 for 265 which at the time I was buying another gun so I didn't bother with. A week later I went to the shoot straight down the road from the faire and it was sitting there for 300 I believe. I asked about it and they said the same.
>>
>>30385228
Best piece of advice: dont buy anything at gun shows. Theyre over priced, loud, and half the vendors are obnoxious neckbeards selling off their personal collections, beef jerky, or stun guns.
>>
>>30385228
I've learned that 99% of vendors are going to try to rip you off, and hard. Do your research on anything you're thinking about buying, but otherwise only go to look at cool gats.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.