[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many tanks do you think he btfo before he was kill?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
How many tanks do you think he btfo before he was kill?
>>
File: Panzerfaust and Panzerschreck.webm (2 MB, 586x480) Image search: [Google]
Panzerfaust and Panzerschreck.webm
2 MB, 586x480
One or two. Maybe none.
>>
File: Panzerfaust.webm (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Panzerfaust.webm
3 MB, 480x360
>>
>>30382740

Statistically, 0.

The Germans built 290,000 Panzerschrecks, the Allies combined lost about 20-30 thousand tanks after the introduction of the Panzerschreck.
>>
>>30383510
You're not so good at how statistics work, are you?
>>
These things were pretty hard to aim in combat since they were so big, you had to be pretty close to ensure a hit and expose yourself in order to aim it. Early handheld rockets were weapons of pure luck and a last resort.
>>
>>30383532

> Random picture of a guy with Panzerschreck.
> Allies only lost 30,000 ish tanks after the introduction of the Panzerschreck
> Not enough tanks to kill, since kills are mostly integer, the max amount Panzerschrecks that could have scored tank kills is 10% of the production run.
> thus at least 90% of Panzerschrecks do not have tank kills.
> count in the fact that Germany had other anti-tank weapons in service.
> counting in that some Panzerschrecks likely have multiple kills
> likely high 99's % of Panzerschrecks did not have tank kills.

Going to make an educated guess and say the guy in this picture likely did not have a tank kill, just like 90+% of Panzerschrecks.

Only 1% of the population have expensive sports cars. How many Ferraris does the average person have?

>>
>>30383056
>Having to duck right after shooting to avoid shrapnel
Jesus
>>
>>30383067
Wait I was under the impression that the panzerfaust was a one use type of rocket. By that video it seems like you would just need another warhead along with the firing element. Can anyone explain it to me?
>>
>>30383067

I never understood how that thing can be rocket-propelled, blast back that big cloud of smoke, and yet it's still somehow okay to launch it from 36 inches away with the butt end pointed right at your damn face.
>>
>>30386126

Think of it as a bazooka but the tube is disposable. They could be reloaded but due to lack of supplies they wouldn't bother.
>>
>>30388568
The propelling charge is burning only in the launcher so projectile got speed only from what burned through the barrel.
Notice how slow it is
>>
File: 1463445163203.gif (1 MB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
1463445163203.gif
1 MB, 264x264
>>30383789

this is the dumbest post i've seen on this board all week.
>>
>>30388703
Why, because it proved you were wrong?
>>
File: Cain.png (39 KB, 150x220) Image search: [Google]
Cain.png
39 KB, 150x220
Some days are just bring it on days.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Henry_Cain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpg6h16k8eU
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.