[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How effective are sandbags at bullet protection? Where is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: SandbagBerm.jpg (82 KB, 745x425) Image search: [Google]
SandbagBerm.jpg
82 KB, 745x425
How effective are sandbags at bullet protection?

Where is the best place to buy a lot of them?

Are they obsolete with modern weapons? Discuss.
>>
They feel like bags of sand OP
>>
>>30382092

Man, everything you asked could have been answered with a five second google search.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-7-the-sands-o-truth/
>>
I use sandbags only when I need to though
>>
>>30382123

>The .45 ACP penetrated the same as the 9 mm, about 6 inches.

.45 fags BTFO
>>
>>30382317
>about the same as .22lr and .308
battle rifle fags BTFO?
>>
>>30382092
these are the ones i buy
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PZRNVRM

for flood control though, i haven't been besieged lately.
>>
>>30382123
tl;dr: six inches of sand stopped most bullets
>>
>>30382092
Old ass burlap ones can go for as low as 5 cents per bag if you buy them in extremely high quantities. Like a thousand some to get a price that good, but it can be done. As for penetration it is pretty shit. Two layers at least to stop most stuff.

Why do they have ACU with BDU? was this back in the "who gives a fuck" transition period?
>>
>>30382114
kek
>>
>>30382715
They're probably guardsmen, and camouflage is notoriously ineffective against floods so it doesn't much matter
>>
>>30386004
>camouflage is notoriously ineffective against floods so it doesn't much matter
kek
>>
Related question, how do I build a "kill-house"?

I have some property innadesert, and lining it with AR500 and/or kevlar would be prohibitively expensive. I have concerns that sandbags could reliably stop rifle rounds at close range, and would require constant extensive repairs.
>>
sand fucks up bullets almost as much as water. Bullet fags BTFO
>>
File: 1466683420979.jpg (259 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1466683420979.jpg
259 KB, 720x1280
>>30386061
>I have concerns that sandbags could reliably stop rifle rounds at close range, and would require constant extensive repairs.
>and would require constant extensive repairs.
Are you expecting waves of Soviets or what? In what situation would you be in that you would get shot at multiple times during a long period of time that you need to repair your house from battle damage? Or do you mean that the environment would be so harsh that the sandbags would somehow leak?
>>
>>30386004

Is because you are of using wrong camo!

You see, Ivan if you are of stacking blue sandbags, water will thinks you are already flooded.
>>
>>30386121
Do you know what a kill house is?
>>
>>30382092

14 inches of sand will stop .50 caliber ball ammunition. 14 inches of sand bags is plenty enough for a fortification.

If earth barriers were in effective then soldiers today wouldnt use HESCO barriers and sandbags to build fortifications today. Sand bags are as effective today as they were in 1918 when Browning designed the M2.
>>
>>30386215

You can get 100 sandbags for 37.00 dollars on Amazon. It could get pricey to build your own little cuck hut out of them, but then again, the militaries of the world have funding you can only dream of.
>>
>>30386157
>underrated post
>>
>>30386215
>not using compressed blocks of tires to build bulletproof structures
>>
>>30382491
the .22 round ricocheted around the inside of the sandbag though, causing more damage.
>>
>>30382715
It's old wet weather gear. I was given a mismatched set for a long time then we got some new stuff and mine was corrected.

Sand is pretty effective against blast. But you really need a lot of it.
>>
>>30382092
You usually don't buy the sand in the bag anon. Just the bags
>>
File: 1432001597742.gif (1 MB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1432001597742.gif
1 MB, 150x150
>>30386596

Fuckin A, anon.
>>
>>30386061
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_yWkA5GwM0

cheap and dirty:
get some scrap epdm when someone is pulling off a rubber roof, nail it over the sheet rock, fill the space in between the studs with sand and it should take a shit load of small arms fire.
>>
>>30386228
price drops significantly if you buy 1000 ($170)

>>30386596
noice
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.