[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canada General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 18
File: 1445289035483.jpg (377 KB, 1900x1000) Image search: [Google]
1445289035483.jpg
377 KB, 1900x1000
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/EZCrqG5n

Current news: Bill status as of June-23
>E-111 AR-15 Petiton, shotdown by parliament as a result of the Orlando shooting. http://calibremag.ca/liberals-ignore-ar-15-petition/
>E-124 Petition to add property rights to the charter.4.3k Signatures Status: Complete, parlament has until July 20, 2016 to respond
>Bill C-230 An Act to amend the Criminal Code (firearm — definition of variant) Status: Second reading/Continuing debate
http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=8111356
>Bill C-246 Modernizing Animal Protections Act(Hunting - More strict measures against hunters/trappers) Status: Second reading/Continuing debate
http://www.parl.gc.ca/legisinfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=8122718
>Bill S-223 An Act to amend the Firearms Act and the Criminal Code Status: Second reading responsored by Sen Joan Fraser.
http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=8177186
>>
In B4 panicking over S-223.
>>
>>30382062
OH MY GOD THEY'RE GOING TO TAKE AWAY OUR GUNS

WHEN HILLARY BECOMES PRESIDENT, SHE'S GOING TO REPEAL THE SECOND AMENDMENT

OBAMA YOU FUCKING NIGGER, YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!
>>
>>30382062
s-223 finally just read what this bill actually is

what in the fuck is the point?
>>
>>30382062
How about panicking over the upcoming Canada Post strike?
>>
>>30382859
Canada Post is already shit, so I'm used to it. Even if it's an inconvenience, I'm so desensitized to their shitty service that I probably wouldn't feel too impacted.

Oh no, Tyrone raped me with his 11" cock.

Then Big Bubba had his way with me with his 13" cock, then he made me comb his chest hair. Oh no, it's technically worse, but I'm already a broken man.
>>
>>30382784

Because the (retired) Senator who introduced it was a cunt?
>>
>>30383002
it would literally do nothing other than inconvenience everyone

what the fuck are they thinking when they suggest shit like this?

not to mention we don't even have a gun violence problem in general
>>
>>30382859
Nah they're already shit at least i know that my package isnt fucking lost if they're on strike.
>>
>>30383016

They are Liberals. They literally despise the fact us mere plebs can own firearms and feel it is their life goal to make it as hard as possible.
>>
I want to buy a stripped lower right now so that I can start building with before my BCG arrives but I'm just worried I won't be able to get it since I'm not a gun club member here in Ontario.
>>
>>30383064
are you buying it from ontario source ?
C-42 got rid of the need to be a member to own a restricted. I got my tok before i joined the local range . That being said im unsure if thats the case in the other provinces . (I am also ontario)
>>
>>30383064

No worries M8. I've bought 2 handguns here in Ontario without being a club member.
It's not a requirement here.
>>
>>30383085

Yea I'm in Ontario. I'm on Questar and putting a lower in the cart and it asks for Gun Club Name CFC Required.
>>
>>30383121
>Questar
what lower are you getting?
, i just bought one a couple days ago from Saskatoon gunworks
I was looking for the cheapest milspec one i could find
>>
>>30383121

Call them and explain you don't need that.
>>
>>30383121
>>30383162
I would also consider trying typing in "N/A - Ontario Resident" in the membership field.

I honestly can't see why this would be a problem.

Membership is ultimately the buyer's responsibility. The seller's sole responsibility is to initiate the transfer, then ship the firearm once approved.

If you do need a membership, then fine, you get one. If you don't need a membership, okay great, everyone can move on. Not the seller's problem.

>tfw live in BC
>bought a restricted firearm
>didn't have a membership
>all that happened was that the RCMP sent me a letter telling me to get a membership
>okay fine, got a membership
>submitted all the necessary documents to the CFO
>transfer was approved
>seller wasn't inconvenienced in any way, shape or form
>seller didn't bitch at me
>became range buddies with a few American police officers
>>
>>30383247
I'm also in BC and always surprised by the horror stories I've heard from other provinces

I've bought restricted and taken them home same day a few times even
>>
Small update on those turkish levergats, cleaned up the machining residue and it made the lever alot more smooth. On a side note fuck the trigger unit it has to be the worst design ever. Need fucking 4 hands to hold down 2 springs and push a pin through to get the hammer and shell lifter back in.
>>
>Just bought a used Mossberg 500
I realize now I don't actually know a ton about them. How do you go about putting a sling on them, is it possible to get a tube extension for them, and is it possible to get a bayonet mount for them?
>>
File: 668179.jpg (158 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
668179.jpg
158 KB, 880x660
>>30383702
Most slings come with sling swivels (an oval ring that attaches to a nub at the stock and on the magazine tube cap. (lower half of pic is swivels, upper is the attachment points which should already be on your shotgun.)

You can get extensions easily but the bayonet mount will be harder to find plus the bayonet mounts are usually +2 extensions themselves.
>>
>>30383922
Thanks, I have the nub at the back, but not at the front. I guess I'll have to find a front one as well as the attachment points. I have been taking a closer look and it seems like I would need to get a new barrel if I wanted to attach a bayonet mount because of the way the barrel attaches to the mag tube.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1839) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1839
Is it legal to saw off a double barrel if the barrel remains within the non-restricted length? On a related note would it be a crime to saw off a shotgun from the 30s? Pic related.
>>
Question, where can one buy m14 mags? ive tried several online dealers and everything is sold out.
The 10 E-landers from wolverine work ok in my rifle but the bolt fails to lock back with these mags.
>>
>>30382062
is it wrong to panic over what is unequivocally an attempt to place the noose around the neck of Canada's gun hobby, while simultaneously facilitating the destruction of thousands, if not tens and hundreds of thousands of irreplaceable historic firearms. This is a proverbial lynching of our sport, of our hobby, of our passion. Honestly, people, if this toxic bill manages to get traction, let alone pass, Canada will go the way of the UK, and Australia, mark my words.
>>
>>30384025
10 round E-landers**
>>
>>30383149
>>30383162
>>30383247

I was going to ask them actually. Want to get a small safe first before I go buy it.
>>
>>30382784
It is an attempt to reintroduce the gun registry without using the term register, and the current person sponsoring it has done so out of a misguided attempt to catch the hypetrain and despair emanating from the Orlando shooting. It is a misguided, and reprehensible attempt to eliminate a pass-time that is inherently Canadian, the ownership and pursuit of firearms and hunting. The original authour was clearly mentally feeble, as she felt that the Canadian firearms owners would be fooled if she changed the wording from register to circumscribe, she actively stated that the word-swap would not cause hackles among the firearms lobby to rise. Now the current sponsor believes that she too can play on this parade, playing off of misguided fears and ignorance to crack down on something that she despises. It sickens me that the people who claim to be the most open minded, are often the ones who are the most intolerant.
>>
>>30384025
http://www.hical.ca/e-lander-magazine-for-a1a-rifles-308-10-round/
>>
>>30384020
It'd be a crime against the gun to saw the barrel at all, but it's legal as long as the barrel length remains over 18"
>>
>>30383016
It'd choke out our sport and hobby, thousands of gun owners wouldn't be able to store their firearms, thus being forced to either conceal or turn them over to be destroyed. Even if people dld live close enough to one of these new storage depots, then the creation of this new bureaucracy would act in much the way that the current one does, as a deterrent for people who are on the fence or only marginally interested in firearms. They'd see the countless hoops and simply not bother. I personally know a low number of people, about four, who are interested, but simply don't want to go through the effort or rigamarole of getting a PAL. I'd applaud the Liberal senators and the government for making such a great plan and for having the brazen balls to actually attempt to carry it out, if their behaviour didn't make me so fucking disgusted at what levels these degenerates would sink to to spit on Canadian values and tradition.
>>
>>30384020
Mate please don't fuck up what is clearly a well put together side-by-side, is that a A. Fox too? Looks similar to mine.
>>
>>30384130
>>30384082

Don't worry m80s, I'm not going to saw it, I was just curious (also I need a compact backpacking gun). Aside from being an antique it was given to me by my grandfather so I'm not going to mutilate it.

It's a Geco, which from what I gather is a top of the line Kraut shotgun that they made in the 20s and 30s. Apparently they go for $800 to $1000 these days.
>>
File: layton-harp-guns584.jpg (64 KB, 584x372) Image search: [Google]
layton-harp-guns584.jpg
64 KB, 584x372
>>30384029
The Liberal government attempting a major gun control measure was what caused Harper to be elected in the first place.

>Martin
>actually wanted to ban semi-automatics and handguns altogether
>country went NOPE
>bam, Harper elected

What a time it was.
>the NDP was also far less crackheaded back in the day
>the only (major) party to be lefter than the Liberals didn't demand as much gun control
>most they wanted to do was maybe make licensing tougher
>Jack Layton was against the LGR

>present-day NDP
>Jack and his awesome mustache are now gone
>his wife has gone off the deep end
>his replacement is off the rocker himself
>the NDP's official stance on guns is now actually worse than the Liberals'
>they want the LGR back
>they want to ban semi-automatics
>they want to ban handguns
>>
>>30384073
Thanks for the link but referring to m14 mags specifically made for the rifle. like a 5/20 rounder.
>>
>>30384217
http://marstar.ca/dynamic/category.jsp?catid=78933
>>
>>30384082
Speaking of barrel crimes, I've genuinely wondered about the legality of the various methods and circumstances in which a barrel can be cut or reduced in length.

What if your barrel blew up while it was being used? Could happen with a squib round or a cartridge with too hot a load.

What if you cut your barrel lengthwise? Practicality be damned, it's the principal of the matter. The length would still be the same. The height would be compromised, but last I checked, there are no laws against reducing the height of your barrel. Just length.
>>
>>30384202
If you want a backpack shotgun there are a few cheap Chinese and Turk ones you could get.
>>
>>30384208

Tbh Jack was the last of the older style left, when they were all about making sure that working people didn't get stepped on and low income kids could afford school. Then all this SJW crap started and now look where we are.
>>
>>30384279

Yeah I was looking into some Norinco clones of Dominion Arms guns. The Grizzly and the Outlaw specifically. Unfortunately I'm broke so I'll just lug that old double barrel around until I can afford something more convenient. Still going to keep it for black bear though.
>>
>>30384311
The grizzlies are great the outlaw not so much. Its just a range toy plus its pretty much just as heavy.
>>
>>30384202
Sweet business. I got my Ansley fox Side-by-side from my grandfather as well, I love the damn thing.
>>
>>30384329

Thanks for the tip. I was leaning towards the Grizzly anyway.
>>
>>30384118
All four people you know who are interested in firearms thinks its too much effort to get a PAL? Are they NEET or something?
>>
So Anon's I just got hired at Canadian Tire, but they're not sure if I'm getting sporting goods or warehouse.

>tfw I could soon get paid to sell guns
>tfw I get a discount on guns
>>
>>30384425
Yup seems pretty NEET
>>
>>30384053

I got a small Sentry safe, button entry and key, for like $70. I keep my handgun in it beside me bed matey.
>>
>>30384425
Not the guy you're replying to, but I personally know two people who have been significantly discouraged when Bill C-42 passed (and therefore courses are mandatory; no exam challenges).

>hey buddy, you ever gonna get your PAL like you said you were gonna?
>meh, I'll just challenge that exam
>sorry bud, as of June 2015, Bill C-42 makes courses mandatory
>fug, no guns for me anymore :-D
Then they stop caring about firearms as a hobby.
>>
>>30384476
Just a reminder the shitty $100 CT safes count as gunsafes and there is court precedence in Ontario to prove it.
>>
>>30384546
Tell them it's their own fault and they'd already own guns if they'd gone and done it back when they could.
>>
>>30384441
If you know what's best for you, you'd better hope you get warehouse. Seriously, you do not want to work on the floor. Customer service is one of the most soul-crushing jobs on this planet.
>>
>>30384555
Source?
>>
>>30384425
Chronic fence sitters honestly, never made a fucking decision in their life, or honest effort, in their lives.
>>
>>30384600
http://firearmslaw.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Barnes-Reasons-for-Judgement.pdf
>>
>>30384555
>>30384627
Does legal precedence only apply to the province where it happened, or can the entire country use it?
>>
>>30384584

I actually am hoping for that, but I'm no stranger to retail. I get the discount either way so I don't really care.
>>
>>30384660
Entire country, but other provinces have an easier time ignoring it.
>>
How annoying it is having no-guns-allowed parents. Gonna have to hide that shit from them. Don't want to leave the nest yet because the savings are crazy.
>>
>>30384795
thank g*d, my parents are okay with having guns in the house, as long as I keep em locked up when I'm not around.
>>
>>30384883

If they do find out I'll just give them an ultimatum of let me have them or I leave. I think it's time.
>>
>>30384795
I'm having this problem but with my roomates. Honestly I haven't asked 'em yet, cause I'm worried at least one of them will say no. They're a bunch of fags. No idea what to say to them or how to bring it up...
>>
>>30385384
roommates can't kick you out of your own house for owning guns. even if they make it a hassle you can just tell them to eat dick and leave, no big deal

parents are different because they own the house and they raised you so you don't want to do things to bother them if you don't have to
>>
>>30385384
Do your roommates come into your room?
You have no obligation to let them know or tell them that you have firearms, nor can they raise a fuss about it (legally) unless your rental agreement states that you can't have firearms.
>>
>The Brexit happened
I wonder if they'll get some decent gun laws there now.
>>
File: Brexit.jpg (97 KB, 449x646) Image search: [Google]
Brexit.jpg
97 KB, 449x646
>>30386764
Hot off the presses.

We'll see what happens now that they get to act on their own.
>>
File: brexit reaction.png (783 KB, 2096x1386) Image search: [Google]
brexit reaction.png
783 KB, 2096x1386
>>30386764
probably not
>>
>>30386789
I know the remains of a failed policy are losing their minds, but most of them will end up having to leave soon, or voluntarily exit as soon as they can.
>>
>>30386800
And they're all coming here.

How wonderful.
>>
>>30386825
Most will end up in the EU as it starts to crumble. Not to many will end up here. They actually influential ones are white, which means they have to immigrate normally which is difficult to do.
>>
>>30386764
>>30386784
How sad is it I had no idea this was happening.
>>
>>30386981
It's not sad at all. I really don't understand, people are acting like the UK is on life support and could never live without the EU.
>>
>>30386989
Something something now Hitler will rise from the grave and control the UK something something racism
>>
File: antifa-berlin.jpg (374 KB, 1618x936) Image search: [Google]
antifa-berlin.jpg
374 KB, 1618x936
>>30387007
woah hold up there fash
>>
File: SjQclIQ[1].jpg (360 KB, 846x1024) Image search: [Google]
SjQclIQ[1].jpg
360 KB, 846x1024
>>30387016
>Antifa
>>
>>30384346
I have an Outlaw. Love it. Super fun to blast innawoods doublebarrel like. And reloading it is just a time and a half.
Other anon is right though. Bitches are heavy. My next shotty will probably be a a 8.5 Grizzly tube-fed.

>>30387016
Nothing makes me want to be a Fascist more than Antifas
>>
>>30387091
i really wanted an outlaw but i cant find them anywhere now

id like to see what 2 3inch shells are like at once

also nuggetfest when?
>>
>>30387144
Yeah, Canadaammo was the only place I ever saw them. Bought mine on a whim way back when they had a deal with a ton of buckshot.
Delicious.
>>
>>30387144
The answer to all your questions is pain, for some fucking reason 1oz slugs feels the same as #8 target loads.
>>
>>30387158
It's a... Good pain though.
Like a lover, tenderly kicking you in the shoulder with steel toed boots
>>
>>30387144
any of you guys interested in an Alberta nuggetfest north?

im willing to make the drive again
>>
>>30387195
Repeatedly, then after a while all you other guns are like lets do the same thing.
>>
I'm going up Sylvester Road BC this weekend. Anyone been up there recently? Anything new? Last I went was like 3 months ago and it was pretty low traffic then. Usually summertime lures in a lot of casual non-gun owning outdoorspeople and RCMP checking for restricted firearms, licenses, and warning shooters not to shoot at people.
>>
Any cheap clubs in Ontario that give memberships like hot cakes just so they can let people buy restricted?
>>
>tfw you just spent roughly 100 dollarydoos on an order for a Dewey cleaning rod for your your fucking 10/22
Did I fuck up? I ordered right from Deweys site in the us, but now everybody tells me all I need is a bore snake.
>>
>>30388182
Ontario doesn't need a range membership to buy restricted.
>>30388459
You could've just bought any cheap $30 kit from Cambodian Tire or Walmart and been fine.
>>
Are those small Sentry safes fine for Firearm storage? Do they need to be bolted down or can they sit up in a closet?
>>
>>30389635
They're fine as long as they're marketed as being for firearms, no need to bolt them down either.
>>
File: s0780398_sc7.jpg (22 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
s0780398_sc7.jpg
22 KB, 600x600
>>30389840

But then that would limit me to those small pistol safes that are for a single gun. I was thinking more something like pic related.
>>
>>30389904
Typically it should be something marketed as being for a firearm, ultimately it's up to you. As long as there is a decent lock on it, and it's a "safe" you should be fine, considering they consider those stack-on cabinets to be safes, but it could lead to issues if you ever have any problems. Not exactly a legal expert here, and I haven't heard of any precedence being set in this area before, if it needs to be set. That and I've heard of multi handgun safes in that size range.
>>
>>30389940

I'll do some more research then.
>>
>>30389978
Check Canadian Tire, or a local gun store. They should have some selection. Particularly check the CT website.
>>
>Questar posts thread they've finished receiving this month's shipment
>still no LMT BCG I ordered two months ago
>2-6 week delivery

Should have just gotten a Stag Arms one instead.

JDIMSA
>>
>>30384118
Can you please explain to me what they mean when they say "circumscribed firearm" and "inscription certificate?" What on earth are they talking about?
>>
>>30384546
they probably wouldn't have passed the test challenging it though
>>
What's a good first pistol? I'm not a poorfag(I have a job) so no to the Tok.
>>
>>30391862
have you tried shootin' some?

pistols are pretty personal preference oriented

a .22 is great to start practicing with though

do you have any criteria for what you're interested in?
>>
>>30391862

Fired .38 Special, 9mm and .45. Enjoyed the .38 and been meaning to get a 686 but I also did good with the .45.

Two I'm looking at right now would be either the 686 or Glock 40.
>>
>>30391928
meant for
>>30391883
>>
File: 1459532879405.png (62 KB, 689x448) Image search: [Google]
1459532879405.png
62 KB, 689x448
>>30384755
And your goin' to hook a brother up right?
>>
>>30391928
you're not really asking much of a question

also you're just specifying calibers and not types of guns

was the 45 a 1911?

there's about a million types of 9mms

what interests you in the glock 40? 10mm is a bit of a pain in the ass to find, is often underloaded and very expensive

it is a fun cartridge though other than that
>>
>>30392088

I guess I just wanted to ask what type of pistols people in this thread have other than the Tok.
>>
File: 1462174678793.png (108 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1462174678793.png
108 KB, 800x600
>>30392086
I thought gondolas were just meant to observe things, rather than ineracting with them.
>>
>>30392093
i have

Ruger SR9
Walther P1
Browning Buckmark
Tokarev :DDDD
>>
>>30392106
i think they just don't talk
>>
>>30392141

What's a nice .22 pistol?
>>
>>30390983
>circumscribed firearm

Must be kept at the range

>inscription certificate

Registration certificate for your gun. Just like the old paper you used to have when the LGR was around. The good Senator thought she would be clever, and that somehow "inscription" would be less threatening or some shit.
>>
So I'm new to gun ownership in Canada. I'm in Ontario and a buddy of mine says it's OK for us to just go into the woods and set up targets for shooting.

Is he right? If so can we go anywhere in the woods? My understanding is that as long as we're not near any houses and not shooting into the direction of any roads we're good.
>>
>>30392223
ruger mk3 is the quintessential 22

the browning 22s are also very nice
>>
>>30392533
from what I understand, you can shoot on crown land as long as you're away from houses and roads, there's a suitable backstop, and if firearms are allowed on that specific land.
also you need to have proper targets so The Man doesn't think you're poaching
>>
>>30392533
Every city has certain bylaws about where you can and cannot shoot. I'd look into those. For the most part though if you're in the countryside, then yeah. Just make sure you're shooting into something solid enough to stop the bullets and that you won't hit anything if you miss a shot.
>>
>>30392569
Can you define proper targets? I'm cheap and my plan was just to print something off or just draw some circles on pieces of cardboard or something.

>>30392570
How exactly would I go about looking up the by laws? I'm trying google and I'm not having a lot of luck. Any keywords I can try?
>>
>>30392533
On crown land or with permission from the land owner, and there is enough land to safely shoot on, as well as a backstop.
>>
>>30392615
Maybe some IPSC cardboard targets, although the best would probably be steel plate targets.

I actually have no clue.
>>
>>30392676
Well I'll figure something out. Is there a way to find out if the area i'm in is crown land? I doubt there are signs posted everywhere telling you.
>>
>>30392698
Never mind fellas, I found out how to do this.
>>
>>30387217
I could set something up. I know a guy with a cannon, maybe he can bring that...
>>
man oh man true happiness truely is walking out of canadian tire with a $225 refurb sks
>>
>>30394957
and having 200 acres of private land to shoot it on
>>
File: KvUYPNC.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
KvUYPNC.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>30394999
Maybe... You live in Alberta?
>>
So I'm going to start interior backpacking trips in Northern Ontario and was planning on bringing my 12 gauge along for protection (one of the highest populations of black bears, and I've had nasty wolf encounters before), but I've heard that the MNR will nick you for hunting out of season of they catch you doing this? Does anybody have any idea if this is true?
>>
>>30395016

Aqua is /k/ related, post more of her. Preferably from behind, heyo
>>
>>30395016
madawaska highlands, ontario, i'm afraid. 200 acres of my own rock/swamp/bush, beef farmer on one side that likes to hunt, another friendly neighbor on the other side with 400 acres, an old gravel pit with a pretty long range, hunting cabin, and is up against several hundred more acres of crown land that jackoff townies can't access without permission. some other neighbours that i barely even know but i hear them shooting too. in a good spot i think
>>
>>30395187
>madawaska highlands

Hastings Highlands reporting in.
>>
>>30395474
big bmx/fmx event at brose farm on lake dore tomorrow. you should go if you aren't busy, cause it's gonna be one hell of a party
>>
>>30394957
I'm 39% certain that I can find a place that sells it cheaper.
>>
>>30394957

>Canadian Tire
>walking out with an SKS

wut.
>>
>>30396012
Big canadian tires outside of major cities have rifles and shotguns doncha know.
>>
>>30387016
Can't wait to see those goofs finally pick on someone that can actually fight back.
>>
>>30390014
Those "safes" make me laugh, give me 5 minutes with a Dewalt cordless side grinder and I'd have all your funs.

I swear they're designed by the RCMP for easy entry.
>>
>>30395951
probably, but ct is right there. there's something to be said for convenience
>>
>>30396012
>>30396055
>outside cities

What? Nearly every CT in Alberta has funs piled high.. or at least one CT in every town has them if the town has multiple CTs.

Red Deer's CT w/funs even has a jolly old guy that sells them, plucked right out of a western movie and slapped into the black uniform.
>>
>>30396093
Even then, online shopping is still pretty hard to beat.

>lower prices
>only have to pay GST if purchasing from out-of-province
I live within driving distance of a Canadian Tire, Wholesale Sports, and even Cabela's, but I have yet to actually buy any firearms from them. I have paid for overpriced ammunition once, and most of my purchases with these businesses have been mostly accessories, equipment, and supplies.

You do make a good point about their accessibility, but I have never needed a firearm RFN.
>>
>>30382062
Can someone summarize the bill for me? Preferably in a non-biased manner, but if that's not possible it's fine.
>>
>>30396510
>IIRC to lazy to re-read it
Long gun registry
Semi autos prohib
Storage only at registered ranges
Transport only by gov approved carriers (ie not you.)
>>
>>30396090
Maybe, but it's there to satisfy legal requirements, not safety ones. If you want a gun safe that's actually hard to break into, be prepared to spend the big bucks.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-25-09-14-45.png (763 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-25-09-14-45.png
763 KB, 720x1280
Would IRUN guns be able to order or sell/ import these?

I want a non $2k black ar type rifle and I'm a lefty so t97 is out.
Anything nice that takes stanag mags out there?
>>
>>30398140
NDS are assholes and refuse to sell to Canadians.
>>
>>30398140
>I'm a lefty so t97 is out.
Works just fine for me. You just have to make sure your face isn't too far forward. What's funny is the mag release is almost like it's there for left handed people too.
>>
>>30399238
yeah sounds like an opportunity to wear a badass cool dude mask/bandana while shooting
>>
>>30392356
I hate when these fucks use sneaky terms in their legislation to hide the actual intentions.

In any case, thanks for explaining.
>>
So the small bedside Sentry safes all have warnings about not storing firearms in them but I don't know if that's a USA warning or a Canadian specific one.
>>
>>30399644
Yeah, she straight up said that there wouldn't be panic because gun owners wouldn't realize that an inscription certificate is actually a new LGR.
>>
Who the hell do I need to call and ask what safes are acceptable? CFO? RCMP?
>>
>>30399730
Probably just says don't store firearms loaded
>>
>>30400924
Nobody. Rip down to Home Hardware and buy a $200 Stack-On.
>>30399453
Note to self, bring balaclava/mask to any future meets.
>>30399238
I can't wait until I swap in an ambi mag release. Not much I can do about the safety, though.
>>
>>30401951

I need something small that can fit at the top of a closet shelf. It would be for a single handgun. Stack-On will be in the future.
>>
>>30399730
Has nothing to do with either country's laws, it has more to do with warranty and/or insurance.

Say that your firearm was damaged as a result of storing it in a particular Sentry bedside safe. So you call their customer complaints line, or you try to sue them for damages.

That warning just protects them. They can just laugh at you and say "We already told you not to store firearms in this. Ha-ha."
>>
>>30402037

On their website they say the Firesafe ones are not recommended for firearms. Still don't know if they're alright for restricted storage here in Canada.
>>
>>30400924
The next time you go out shopping for safes, try and see it you can spot the word "firearms" anywhere on the packaging or advertising.

There you go, now you have a safe that is adequate for firearms storage.

Truth be told, you can use any standard safe, not just safes specifically designed for firearms. However, if you buy a safe that is specifically advertised as a "gun safe," it just adds a redundant layer of protection against asshole cops.
>>
>>30391928
>>30392093

if you want to get good at handgun shooting, browning buckmark or ruger mark3. IMO buckmarks are more ergonomic and user friendly than rugers. rugers are only more popular because they're a bit more established in the .22 pistol market.

.22lr is cheap af, so shoot until you can make at least 6" groups at 25m. then upgrade to a 9mil, .40 or .45 and join an ipsc club

if you're just shooting for kicks then get whatever gun you like the most. the rule of thumb is that bigger ammo is more expensive, so consider the cost of ammo and how much you think you'll shoot when getting a new gun.
>>
>>30402075
Okay, I did some digging around, and found a better answer for you.

Fire safes contain a layer of insulation to protect the contents from fire.

The insulation used in generic safes contain moisture, which is bad for firearms.

The insulation used in actual gun safes is a material called gypsum, which contains much less moisture.
>>
>>30402155
To add to this post, as far as legal storage requirements are concerned, they should be perfectly fine, but I'm not a lawyer.

Nothing wrong legally, but everything wrong atmospherically. You can probably store your guns in generic fire safes without breaking the law, but they would rust more quickly.
>>
File: sentrysafe.jpg (10 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
sentrysafe.jpg
10 KB, 380x380
Does this count as a safe lel
>>
>>30403100
As far as I can tell, yes:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/storage-entreposage-eng.htm

as it is a cabinet, container or room that is difficult to break into. If a Stack-On cabinet counts, then that should.
>>
>>30403422

It is the ideal size for a single handgun and I'd be able to put it in a cabinet. Nice.
>>
>>30403100
>>30403422
>>30403789
One thing I'd do is try to bolt it down.

Meeting storage requirements is nice, but it doesn't mean shit if it's small/light enough for a thief to just grab & take.
>>
>>30403789

technically i think a locked file cabinet qualifies as legal storage. not safe, but legal.
>>
>>30404151
>>30404122

I don't really live anywhere that's had break ins so it's not really for storage against thieves. Mostly just to have some legal, hidden storage.
>>
>>30395081
This is mostly FUD spread by guys that show up once a year to the range to zero their deer rifle then don't go deer hunting. Maybe a few fish cops in southern ontario flex their muscle like that, but I would expect they're more in tune with reality the further north you go.

If you did your hunter safety then you might as well get a small game license and all of a sudden you're a coyote hunter. It's legal to hunt coyote pretty much year round in every MNU. On the plus side if you see a grouse or something you can load some birdshot and have wild food.
>>
>>30400209
REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>30396012
>walking out of a Cambodian Tire without an SKS
wut

do people do that?

>>30396090
Those safes are to lock up the guns away from kids and/or to not go to prison for "unsafe" storage of your home defense gun with loaded magazines right beside it. If I was concerned about my guns being stolen I'd hide them. If they can't find the guns they can't steal them. Bank safes get broken into, anything you can afford is fisher price technology.
>>
>>30398140
AR-18/180(B) lowers aren't even a "firearm", are they? I thought that's the upper you need to register here. IRUNguns can probably import the part even if NDS won't sell to Canadians. IRUNguns is an FFL that can buy anything in the US without needing an end user certificate.

The cheapest 5.56 black rifle is a CSA Vz. 58 with a STANAG magazine adapter. Mini-14 is technically cheaper but is a bunch lamer. SU-16 used to be cheaper but is also breaky-er.
>>
>>30402109
>it just adds a redundant layer of protection against asshole cops.
Nope. Asshole cops don't care. Your pistol magazines are prohibited devices. Because your guns weren't stored with the bolt removed it's illegal storage. Ammunition is in the same safe? Illegal. Now he needs to check every inch of your whole house for pocket pistols, taking the time to smell your wife's dirty panties. Then he's taking all your electronics to see if you have any records of illegal guns. Into the car, scumbag. Why? Because he said so. When he thinks you're helpless, he is suddenly infallible.

The only thing that makes pig-headed cops stop and think before acting is when they know you have a good lawyer. Get a retainer on a lawyer that has done firearms cases. They remember the names of lawyers who get cases thrown out. When he sees that card he'll shut up and go back to his car to check Canli. You do not go to jail, collect $200.
>>
>>30404526
I'd also keep one Stack-on with a couple totally unsafe guns (wallhanger tier) or that have unobtanium-class ammo, so the thief would figure they got them all and not look to hard for hiding places.
>>
>>30404695
I actually store my guns in a safe, which sounds perfectly normal.

Except I plastered the walls of the safe with the storage regulations & RCMP guides, with all the important parts highlighted.

Anyone who looks inside the safe will be able to see the law right in front of them.
>>
>>30404570
Not quite if a dealer/product is not registered for international sale with the DOD they CANNOT BE EXPORTED even by IRunGuns.
>>
>>30405121
IRunGuns is a dealer registered for international sale. It's their primary business.

With an end user certificate for a Canadian citizen the US basically rubber stamps the export. Do you think every nicknack has to be registered with the DOD in order to be exported to Canada?
>>
so did anyone go to wolverine days today?
>>
>>30405900
Not IRG, Nodak needs to register their products for international sale.
>>
>>30405933
>>30405900
*Since the products in question are reciever/frame parts they have to be registered with DOD under ITAR, you're thinking non ITAR items they do not need to be registered.

Its stuff like magazines, scopes, slings, small parts (aside from complete bolts, cylinders, frame, recievers) that do not need DOD approval.
>>
>>30389904

That's what I have. Works great.
>>
So, question.

How bad would the RCMP screw with you, if you report to them that you had an accident innawoods with a PAL rifle? Though you made good effort to find and recover it, but came up empty.
>>
So I'm in the market for a semi-automatic, non-restricted rifle chambered in .223 Remington.

I'm not necessarily looking for an "AR substitute" like Robinson Arms or Kel Tec, I just figured it's about time for me to put my big boy pants on and get a .223 rifle.

With that said, what's good? Again, it doesn't have to be tactical, although it wouldn't hurt. Heck, tactical might even be cheaper than fuddy (so many European high-class rifles going for thousands of dollars, ugh).
>>
>>30406613
>had an accident innawoods with a PAL rifle
Accident like you lost it, or you shot something/one you shouldn't have?
>>
>>30406613
If it's not restricted, how would they even know you had it in the first place?
>>
>>30406805

>Type 97
>VZ58
>Benelli MR1
>Tavor

In order of price.
>>
>>30406805

>big boy pants
>.223

.223 might be a perfectly adequate round for shooting hadjis but it certainly isn't a big boy round.
>>
Why is Canada Ammo literally out of stock of every single shotgun? They have a Grizzly on sale for $200 and I want it but it says out of stock.
>>
>>30406805
I like my Benelli MR1, but the prices have gone stupid lately. I can't recommend it at the prices most places are charging for it now. Before it was nice, but a bit overpriced.

VZ58s in .223 are pretty good- it was only the first batch that had reliability problems. Anything post 2013 should be fine.
>>
>>30408249

I believe they are having a sale right now.
It seems like they usually only have like 50% of stuff in stock anyway.
>>
>>30405928
I live about 5 hours away in saskatoon. I was considering it. Bought too much shit recently, so I would have just drove down and stood around.
>>
>>30407083
Thats pretty much the make or break of it. If its non restricted then whatever. If its restricted then you are boned and should have lanyarded it up to yourself.
>>
>>30410469
>If its restricted then you are boned
At that point, the only thing you can do to get out of it is to suffer an unfortunate burglary wherein your restricted gun gets stolen.
>>
Anyone know when tac imports is bringin in our type 81's?
>>
>>30391928

Glock 40 as in ebonics for .40 S&W?
Or Glock 40 as in Model 40 chambered in 10mm?
>>
>>30410469
>PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE SLING IS WEAPON RETENTION

>ANYTHING ELSE IS JUST A PERK
>>
File: Glock-40-Problem-Solver.jpg (38 KB, 449x497) Image search: [Google]
Glock-40-Problem-Solver.jpg
38 KB, 449x497
>>30410859
Or maybe pic related.
>>
>>30410695

Q3 2016 is still projected date
>>
File: stackonps500.jpg (113 KB, 1500x1279) Image search: [Google]
stackonps500.jpg
113 KB, 1500x1279
Would this safe be fine? It's a Stack On. It's been proven to be garbage and easy to open but apparently they're California compliant so I guess they'd be fine for Canada right?
>>
What are some approved ear protections?
>>
>>30412979
http://www.howardleight.com/ear-muffs/honeywell-howard-leight-impact-sport-earmuffs

By far these are the best muffs I've ever used. They are absolutely amazing as you can have a normal conversation with someone while shooting.
It's really cool and you can make it even amplify sound too.
>>
>>30412794
It should be fine for storage requirements (but I'm not a lawyer), but as for actual theft deterrence, I would at least try to bolt it down.

Meeting storage requirements is nice, but having a safe that can't be picked up and taken away would be even nicer.
>>
File: image.jpg (938 KB, 2056x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
938 KB, 2056x1536
>>30384025
You can also get Remington 700 box mags from Archangel that will feed an M14 but won't lock the bolt back on empty. They come in 10- and 20-round flavours. Google that shit up for 20 legal rounds in your now-uncucked batteru raifu
>>
>>30412979
Anything that was specifically designed for (indoor) shooting or aviation.
>>
>>30413427

As long as it's good legally, that's all I care for. Never got broken into in 25 years, I don't expect it to happen once I have guns.
>>
Can i store my guns in a storage locker when i live in res for university?

the uni says no fun on campus
>>
>>30413526
You mean like an actual storage service place like U-Haul or Peoples Storage?

Check their policies first.

Alternatively, look for off-campus housing. You might be able to save money, and have more freedom in your living space.
>>
>>30382920
>the average Canadian?
>>
>>30413549
Eh, I like living in res because it's so close to campus

i was thinking of storing them at a nearby gun range, but the club only allows 'approved cases', which happen to be cheap Plano cases. I would use the facility if they allowed a pelican case, but there's something fishy about only allowing flimsy cases.
>>
>>30405933
>>30406212
That sucks. I figured the dealer could do it.

Fuck Nodak then.
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.