[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ruger Mini 14
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (986 KB, 4288x3216) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
986 KB, 4288x3216
A buddy of mine is selling a factory folding Ruger mini 14 for 900 bucks (similar to pic related). I've heard mixed reviews on accuracy etc. is there any way of justifying spending 900 on a mini 14 when I can just save my shekels and get a decent ar-15?
>>
They make a good truck gun with the folding stock. Then again, so does an AK with a folding stock.
>>
>>30379663

Considering you can build an entry/mid level mil spec AR that will shoot better than you can for <$600, going with no

> PSA Premium complete upper and BCG
> Any Mil-Spec Lower, blemished if you want to be extra cheap
> Lower Parts Kit and buffer tube

Spend the extra dosh on optics or ammo
>>
>>30379715
Get one, paint the stock silver, like in cherry 2000.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 720x480
Op here. Im still on the fence because I heard the folding stock is kind of hard to find and similar mini 14s are going for 1200-1400 on gunbroker, maybe I can sell it later for a profit...Plus it's the gun used in the original A-Team series
>>
No fucking way.

That's twice as much I'd pay for one
>>
Just get a new mini 30 for 700 and stop being a pussy. What are you going to shoot with .223? Squirrels?
>>
I wish I could get out of my mini-14 what I paid for it, but I would really feel bad about sticking someone with the total lack or accuracy that I'm stuck with. It is super reliable when dirty as hell though. Only use factory mags. Fieldstripping sucks compared to an AR.
>>
>>30381181
check to see they are actually getting sold. retards just relisted at retard prices thinking a dumbass will bite one day. don't join them
>>
>>30379663
mini 14 is not as ammo picky as an AR. the folder, provided its factory, is worth about 500-600 dollars.
>>
>>30383413
Lol wut? Mini 14s are too picky sons of bitches.
>>
>>30383769

Not the new ones I shoot Tula all day never ftf.
>>
>>30379663
No Mini-14 should cost that much. Your buddy is ripping you off.
>>
>>30383413
>>30383769
>>30383889
Most ARs are less ammo sensitive (for accuracy) than Mini-14s, but back in the dark ages (1990s) most civi ARs had match chambers, and the Mini was known to be less ammo sensitive (for reliability).

Now almost all ARs are reliable, and new MFG Minis are less likely to be 8 MOA guns. So this shit is all outdated fuddlore.
>>30379663
It's worth it as a collectable, but not as a defensive/gaming/training course rifle.
>>
>>30383413
Hes talkinga bout the stock alone btw. Id buy it just for the fucking stock. Ive seen them close to 900 by themselves on gunbroker.
>>
Ateam....fuck yeah
>>
>>30379715
can't fold an AR for that price
>>
>>30379663

Most Anons are looking at this from some sort of cost benefit standpoint, and sure, for $900 you could get a better performing gun, yada yada yada.

That gun is cool af. It has a collectible mystique, and yeah, those stocks are sought after. I would happily buy it as a neat collectors piece, and I would only see it as a weapon in some sort of extreme emergency.

More money will come in over time. Gun collecting is a lifelong hobby, so you can always get an AR down the road.

So, if you want a fun gun that
>>
File: KIMG0012.jpg (4 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0012.jpg
4 MB, 3264x1836
>>30379663
I've got a 183 series made in 1980. As a collectable, they're only valuable if they are an original factory folder. If the sling swivel is on the side, not the bottom of the gas block, then it's worth the $900. At least from a collector's standpoint.

Point blank, accuracy sucks compared to an AR. Early Minis had a thing barrel and for the first few shots are reasonably accurate. In a standard stock off bags, I can get two inch groups or of mine for a few shots. The the barrel heats up and groupings open up to the size of a dinner plate.

It I'd reliable, though. I've had thousands of rounds through mine with one malfunction, a broken case head with some cheap factory reloaded ammo. Cleared the malfunction in about 30 seconds, checked the chamber and kept shooting.

Sights on the earliest Minis, before the integral scope ring mounts, are pretty good. Later sights suck balls.

If you're not looking for a long range target rifle, a Factory Folder is a pretty good knocking around gun.
>>
File: KIMG0061.jpg (3 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0061.jpg
3 MB, 1836x3264
>>30383769
Mine is a 1980 model. It's eaten everything I've fed it.
>>
>>30384788
Even in CA, the Ruger Mini 14 sells for less.
>>
>>30379663
>selling it used for more than MSRP
>>
>>30384837
>match chambers

thats interesting to know.

So back int those days bush, colt, armalite?

Neato. What happened to all these match chambers in the days of build your ARs now? Never seen it as an option.
>>
File: 1453215645839.jpg (91 KB, 1232x1080) Image search: [Google]
1453215645839.jpg
91 KB, 1232x1080
>>30379663
Sexy weapon tbqh
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.