[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deep concealment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 252x200
Long story short I need to carry at work and I can't ask for permission. I'm not going to be with out a gun but I'm not going to push the issue with my employers. I need a gun for deep concealment, something I can carry while wearing an Oxford tucked in to khakis.
>>
>>30378871
Rectal carry a p64
>>
File: 1453077628630.jpg (102 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
1453077628630.jpg
102 KB, 640x800
Posted before I finished. What would /k/ recommend and is anyone else in a don't ask don't tell situation.
>>
Get a better job.
>>
Ankle carry snubbie. 38?
>>
>>30378879
Too big. I need seriously small.
>>
File: smartcarry.jpg (250 KB, 1023x1364) Image search: [Google]
smartcarry.jpg
250 KB, 1023x1364
>>30378871
Depending on the fit of your khakis (if a slimmer cut, pleats will help hide the bulge), SmartCarry is the heat for deep concealment.
>>
>>30378893
Ah ankle carry something I haven't considered. Any anons do this daily? Is it practical?
>>
>>30378915

More practical then nogunz.
>>
>>30378912
that's gotta be either supremely uncomfortable or you have to have a small dick. There's no way that could work if you have to sit down.
>>
File: mousegun.jpg (11 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
mousegun.jpg
11 KB, 350x262
>>30378912
Slick. How quickly can you draw from that?
>>
>>30378942
Unless your dick is growing out of your waist or off of your centerline, you are unlikely to have an issue with it.
>>
>>30378942
not him, but with a glock 43 or somthing of similar size it can be done.
i concealed a little glock 43 appendix carry and only had trouble while driving because racecar....
>>
>>30378972
probably not fast considering theres some material and tension you have to shove your hand threw.
>>
>>30378871
do you have a briefcase ?

im an aviation mechanic and i toyed with the idea of a false bottom in my tool box, but at the same time, theres a literal fuck ton of security someone would have to bypass to bing a gun in here, and my car is lol lets say "safe" lol
>>
>>30378972
Not as fast as a belt holster for sure since you have to clear not just the shirt (and gut in my case) but the belt as well, but it beats not being armed or having to go for your ankle if someone is in your face.
>>
>>30378915
I did for a little while. It works in a pinch but gets uncomfortable and I always felt like I was printing. Granted, I live in Florida and its ungodly hot 10 months out of the year, so that contributed to the comfort level. I guess in the end it wasnt for me. I switched to a sneaky pete holster and said fuck what other people think.
>>
>>30379006
Smart carry is pretty quick when wearing athletic wear - elastic waist bands and what not
>>
>>30378981
>>30378998
I was kinda joking about the dick part, but sitting down would seem difficult unless you're carrying a single stack 9 or micro 380. I can't tell what the guy in the pic has but it looks similar to a VP9 which I imagine would not be a good gun to appendix all day.
>>
>>30379032
I think the demonstration that it can conceal a full size handgun so well speaks volumes, especially if you are carrying something smaller.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 293x172) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 293x172
>>30379022
I've considered off body carry and I like the idea of having my hi power and a few mags alot but I dont think it would be a good idea at my place of business. Anyone have experience with the NSA minis?
>>
>>30379032
I did it with a Beretta 84. Unless you have a gut it's fine.
>>
Why don't you pocket carry a S&W bodyguard or LCP? They are both safe in the pocket and they make accessories for them so they don't turn in your pocket. Some kakis have a small pocket in the pocket that fit the barrel and trigger guard so it doesn't shift in the pocket. Carried like this for years before I got an appendix hoslter. Shop around and check pants pockets. You could always sew in that mini pocket or safety pin your pocket so it's the shape of your gun.
>>
File: Fabio+Capello1.jpg (37 KB, 244x320) Image search: [Google]
Fabio+Capello1.jpg
37 KB, 244x320
>>30378871

hey this is Roger posting from my thinkpad edge e530c (dual screen setup)(flash memory upgrade)

hey OP i was just at the range making eyeball size groups at 200 (nbd i zeroed scope by feel) when i sensed that someone was in trouble so i put my steed down (thats my rifle HOOAH) and opened up my pony (thats my comptuer HOORAH) and that person is you. you are in more distress than a chinese guy with his wallet caught in the basketball net in bright sunlight if you know what i mean (their short and they cant squint their eyes desu)

now first of all u need to stop tallking like a toughguy. its like if obama tried to eat meat, instead of looking cool and having angela merkkie be like "maybe this guy is lit afterall" hed just get all bound up and michelle would have to counterclockwise massage pepto bismark on his dirt star to "shoot the torpedo" as montgomery would say

if you "need" to carry at work and "can't" ask for permission but you "need" a gun for "deep concelament" you are worse than the ex girlfriend that i dumped first because i didn't like her anymore. she was always talking about what she "needed" but what she would have said if she could have stopped crashing her car and talked like a man was "i want." repeat after me: "i want". there now were on sempage

you have two options. 1. "want" to workhard and open your own business so you dont have to ask your mommyboss for permission for everything. 2. "want" to carry a gun and pull the old george costanza "was that wrong' if contronted. 3. dont "want" to risk carry a gun

what you do is up to U. but u'll never be a good employee if u need a gun for selfdefense. two words: aikido judo. learn them and u becomee the gun. thank me later. ur welcome

TAPOUT
>>
>>30378871
I kept a M&P Bodyguard in my pocket while roofing.
>>
>>30379344
How do you like the gun?
>>
>>30378886
I am. I work in a warehouse as a manager but my employer has never been clear on concealed weapons and my current carry gun is slightly too big to conceal 100% without fear of obvious printing or revealing it.

I'm looking to eventually get a p238
>>
>>30379361
It is wonderful. Especially for the price. Got mine for $300. Doesnt jam, super compact and between the heavy trigger pull and safety lever you can leave a round chambered with no worries.
>>
>>30379333

good advice rog

OORAH

Im ridin the CRUZ MISSILE like its im a boy again visiting uncle lesters

CRUZ 20115
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-23-12-51-32.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-23-12-51-32.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>30379361
Not him but as a second opinion it's a lot easier to shoot than the LCP (true double action only vs that wonky, springy striker half cock crap on the LCP) and has lots of customizability. Love mine, laser is a nice touch if you are into that. On first touch it feels like a completely different tier of quality from the LCP.
>>
>>30378871
What are you planing to shoot your boss?

Here's an idea, instead of ruining it for everybody else. Don't ruin it for everybody else!
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 211x203) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 211x203
>>30378912

Anon is that a gun in your pants or are you just happy to see me
>>
>>30379435
No I end up counting several thousands in cash at midnight and my office is 10 get from the front door.
>>
>>30379333
Get your trolling out of here
>>
File: DSC_0045.jpg (57 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0045.jpg
57 KB, 1023x682
>>30379441
Yes to both T.F.P. Yes to both.
>>
>>30378871
.380 semi auto with a thin wallet holster. I have an m&p bodyguard 380 and it just looks like a wallet even with the thick ass $5 holster I'm using.
>>
>>30379333
I'm well versed in gecko Roman wrestling, ninjitsu, judo, mudsharking, pugilisim, bum fighting, sambo and jiu-jitsu but my bones are glass like and my skin is as thin as paper.
>>
>>30379022
>im an aviation mechanic and i toyed with the idea of a false bottom in my tool box
Not to mention the ass raping you would experience if found to have brought a gun onto an airfield, right?
>>
>>30379411
Can you shoot some pics comparing it size wise to the PPK please?
>>
>buy ruger LCP or other single stack 9mm/.380
>but kydex holster
>appendix carry
>wear slightly bigger shirts

Nobody is going to fucking notice, it's incredible how little people pay attention to things like that. With a gun that small, it will just disappear
>>
>>30378871
Similar situation. Work at liquor store, nice town. Not inna bad neighborhood but work the day/morning shift when all the scummies/tweakers/bums/lowlifes come in. 9/10 times im the only one here unless the odd liq/beer rep pops in or recieving a truck. Not going to be here by myself unarmed, bosses are pretty cool, know i am a responsible gun owner with permit but we kinda keep it 'dont ask dont tell' as far as me carrying during shift. Would be more worried about some sheltered liberal seeing me print and freaking out about it and losing business than anything else so deep concealment is a must. Carry wifes lcp in unclemikes pocket holster. Attire is khaki/cargo shorts, jeans or slacks. Button-up shirt or polos. Wear cargos and longer button-up and no one has any idea im carrying. Was a toss up between the unclemimes and the desantis, went with unclemikes because it breaks up the outline better. Stays in pocket just fine, if after a while i decide i dont like it or feel the need to upgrade oh well, im out 15 bucks. Where the cargopocket starts and my shirt ends it totally breaks up the outline of the holster, which looks like a wallet in front pocket
>>
My friend is reblueing an old pistolet audax which is a French FN Model 1910 ripoff. If it runs reliably I'm considering buying it from him and pocket carrying it. It fits in a pocket really comfortably and it's a nice cheap little throwaway gun I wouldn't mind shooting someone with. Assuming I could kill someone with .32 ACP.
>>
>>30378912
>try to defend your land, workplace, or loved ones.
>also have to jam hand down the front of your pants like some kind of weirdo voyeur.
>>
>>30379333

solid advice roger thx
>>
>>30379333
it's been over six months and i still cant tell if this faggot is trolling
>>
File: IMG_0123.jpg (13 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0123.jpg
13 KB, 240x320
>>30378871
NAA .22WMR
>>
>>30379988
bit of note...dont use the S&B ammunition. pressures too high, or the brass is too soft and it bulges the back of the case just enough to start jamming the action.
>>
>>30379988
How does that little feller shoot?
>>
>>30380051
Its a single action 5 shot .22 magnum. It has no rear sight so you have to aim it like a shotgun with a bead sight. its bark is worse than its bite and it jumps around in your hand quite a bit.

But, you can easily hit an average person at 10 yards, its fun as hell and can be hidden practically anywhere.
>>
>>30379333
Why can't OP just carry it in his laptop bag?
Nobody has any right to touch it, and there are bags with secret pockets too.
I rem3ber an article on line of a guy who wrote about cc-ing even sub-carabines, over 10 years and nobody even knew.

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/rifle-concealed-carry-practical-anti-terrorist-choices/ (not the actual text)
>>
>>30379681

Not him but it depends on the airport, they are not strict "Gun Free Zones". I am a mechanic at my field and I literally blast starlings with a 12 gauge to keep them from nesting in the hangar. No one cares and I get asked often what my count is up to. Only 3 this year so far :(

Depends on the airport basically, people don't realize how many shops are located at smaller fields just to avoid all the security bullshit at the larger ones.
>>
>>30380683
Cool dude thanks for the link!
>>
>>30379053
I would honestly use a knife before one of those...
>>
For actual "in the pocket" carry I use either a NAA .22lr or a Ruger LCP, depending on the pants. I have pocket holsters for each that break up the profiles. Not much firepower either way, but I feel better about them than a knife.
>>
>>30379491
So someone will come in armed in which case you won't be able to react without getting yourself shot, or somebody will come in unarmed and you shoot them, you lose your job, and potentially face criminal charges all over money that isn't even yours.
>>
>>30378897
P938 nigga.
Carried one for two years without anyone noticing
>>
File: 1463459873257.jpg (67 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1463459873257.jpg
67 KB, 600x600
>>30381198
Our safe is in a closet that only one person will fit in, if someone was going through it I could drop them easy. .22, .25, .32 acp I'll take any gun over none.
>>
>>30378871
>need
>at work
>can't ask for permission
One of those three doesn't belong there, OP.
>>
>>30379333
>aikido

You could have just recced Krava Magila
>>
File: 1452051413988.jpg (145 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
1452051413988.jpg
145 KB, 1111x597
>>30379333
>>
>>30381907
One owner would say yes. The other; no. So I'm not going to ask. I'm an adult and I'm tired of not exercising my inalienable right to carry. I'm tired of sitting in front of someone else's money at midnight with my dick in my hand.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Active-Pro-Gear-234-DeepConcealment/dp/B007ZDQQLW
Bump
>>
>>30381991

Do what I did.

My boss got pissy at my last job when he found out I CC at work and was going to put up a sign in the door with the "no guns" logo.

I told him if that sign stays here I wont.

He never put it up.

Just tell them you would like to exercise your right to carry if they say no tell them you are going to and if they dont like it they will need to fire you.

If you get fired get unemployment while looknig for a new job.
>>
>>30378912
>>30378942
>>30378981

I have one of those. Its called "Thunderwear" lol.

I have used a Bersa Thunder .380 in it and it is very uncomfortable while sitting. Driving in the car sucks.

Standing / walking / running its fine. Sittings sucks.

Its also a little hard to "draw" from but its better than NOT having a gun.
>>
>>30382251

Also OP to this. I used this holster because my boss didnt want me to CC at work (I had a IWB holster and he found out) so i started using the "Thunderwear"
>>
>>30382261
What was being found out like?
>>
>>30382135
No dice on anything that might be noticed if I give an old lady a hug... so the thundered right out ;)
>>
>>30382344
Thunderwear fucking autocorrect
>>
>>30378871
Nobody asks their employers, OP. I CC'd a Sigma 40 for two years working as a firewall technician (netadmin) and no one said anything. Then I lost weight and got a new job, and started carrying a G42.

Don't buy a G42, or even a G43 for that matter. They're horribly horribly obese and heavy compared to their competitors with a shitty finish.
>>30378915
Ankle carry is almost always horrible, but I found this Galco at a gun show that works exceptionally well with my LCP.
>>
>>30382327

It wasn't bad. My boss saw me outside of work with my gun and basically told me I better not bring that to work.

that's when he started talking about putting up a "no guns" sign.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.