[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Tokarev TT-33/Variants worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: Tokarev.jpg (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Tokarev.jpg
26 KB, 500x500
So I'm selling my pos Century RAS-47 and will be getting 500 dollars soon when this guy decides to finally buy it.

Been thinking of getting a Tokarev pistol in 7.62x25 now that I'm 21, it only has 8 rounds but has quite the stopping power and has the ability to penetrate class 3 body armor so i hear from the internets.

Any Tok owners here? Can ya help a /k/tard out and give me the low down if it's great or it's another pos? Is it good for a ccw?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1466517011653.jpg (162 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1466517011653.jpg
162 KB, 1280x960
I got a Romanian ttc from J&G 2 weeks ago. I havent shot it but the pistol was in excellent shape. It's a range toy for me so I'm not gonna carry it.

It's a solid little slav gun for fairly cheap. Ammo is getting pricier but you can still get surplus for 30 cpr if you look around.

Wish I could tell you more. I'll probably be breaking it in this weekend though.
>>
>>30378005
>red grips
>old style slide serrations

be still my beating heart
>>
>>30378005
One other thing. The Tokarev is stupidly simple. It breaks down into 8 parts. It's a breeze to clean out.
>>
File: ..........kinanutshell....jpg (1 MB, 1600x1205) Image search: [Google]
..........kinanutshell....jpg
1 MB, 1600x1205
>>30378005
OP here, I've seem 7.62 Tok go for as cheap as 15 dollars. So in general you're about paying for the same price as Walmart 9x19.
>>
>>30378013
I regret that I had to get the Romanian one. I'd rather have gotten a Polish one with the wider serrations, but they're getting expensive.
>>
Buy your Tokarev from classic firearms and then get ammo from J&G Sales.

My lgs sells the modern production ammo but surplus online is cheaper and I also got JHP ammo on the same order from J&G sales
>>
>>30377942
The tokarev is a good gun. It's a slav 1911 that actually has STOPIN POWA. The armor penetration is iffy, but 7.62x25 can defeat most thin barriers like auto glass and wooden walls. As a carry gun, just be wary of import compliance safeties. They're shit and only stop the trigger, not the hammer or sear. Just don't be retarded, because if you shoot yourself with 7.62x25, you'll know it. Get good hollow points for cc. Ball ammo will fly right through Jamal and hit whatever is behind him. I carry mine when in melanin rich areas.
>>
>>30377942
It can't penetrate quality (non AR-500) IIIA without the old soviet steel core.
Also it has less stopping power than a 9x19.
>>
>>30377942
I own a CZ 52 here, its my main CC.

Not quite the same, but it is the same caliber. the recoil aint too bad to get used too, fun and somewhat cheap round to shoot. HP can be a bitch to find however, and there are little to no shooting tests with gel that I know of. and those that I do know of, arent in any usable video format.

past that, I hear the TT is basically a Russian 1911 clone.
>>
>>30377942
The Tokarev is a fine pistol. Despite the "slav 1911" comparisons, it takes inspiration from a number of Browning designs.
I personally refer to it as "the SKS of pistols". It's incredibly simple to take care of, cheap, utterly reliable, and copied by filthy godless Commies the world over. 7.62x25 is a neat round, too, and in Syrupland is cheaper than 9mm.

Pros:
+Sexual 1903-ish looks
+Rugged
+Thin, compact, easy to CC
+Fun to shoot
+Muh history
+Easy to get parts

Cons:
-Grip angle is odd if you aren't used to it
-Tiny aftermarket
-No "real" safety-Con 3 or half-notch, just like Stalin intended. Never, ever trust import safeties.
-Shit sights
>>
I like them the penetration power can be a blessing and a curse depending if you just shooting unarmored target out in the open it sucks that said I CC it round chambered hammer down because they are easy to cock one handed and the safety is hit or miss on them its also thin as fuck which makes it easier to CC than my other two carry guns
>>
>>30380825
>1903-ish
It only wishes it looked that good.
>>
It's factual worth is directly proportional to what you think it's worth.

if you want it. it doesn't matter how much it costs.
>>
>>30381344
I think you have that backwards, friend. The 1903 wishes it could be as sweet as a Tok.
>Not that I don't want both in my collection.
>>
It's an OK gun. Mine is a Yugo M57. Nothing terribly special about it. I've never seen ammo locally though, and ordered old surplus corrosive ammo when it was cheap.

The guns themselves are still cheap, so I don't see a reason not to buy if you want one and have the cash. I got mine because ammo was 11 cents a shot at the time. I'm not sure how much now, but it was very expensive last I checked.

Maybe it's just me, but it is a very loud gun as well.

I recently got a surplus Hi Power and like it much better, despite it being much more worn than the Tok.
>>
i have 3 toks but for an eastern euro cheap pistol, id much rather have a cz82 or a makarov.
a model 213 tok is something you could look at if you dont want to shoot x25. the safety placement sucks ass though
>>
>>30379994

You don't carry it in condition 1 do you?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-24-00-13-18.png (1 MB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-24-00-13-18.png
1 MB, 720x1280
I am cleaning mine right now. Heading to the range tomorrow morning to shoot. I love this gun.

As for safety issues, it is true that on the Romanian Tokarev the safety only disables the trigger. However, you can put the hammer at half-cock as well.

I bought this ammo to support the lgs I got the transfer through but I have shot the surplus through it the first range trip. JHP ammo ordered and on the way for carrying.
>>
File: IMG_20151207_235206.jpg (2 MB, 1564x1564) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151207_235206.jpg
2 MB, 1564x1564
I like my zastavas M57. Has a slide safety from the factory and holds 9 rounds instead of the tt-33's 8. Has all the other sexy all steel characteristics that make a tokarev a tokarev.

The pic is a +1 baseplate I designed and had 3D printed in metal to get up to 10 rounds (legal limit here in California)
>>
I really enjoy mine, 1953 TTC. Fast round and fun to shoot.

Stupid simple to take apart and clean, and I've heard that durability is insane.

Grip feels surprisingly well despite its looks. Thin profile, not bulky at all. Sights are rudimentary, black blade between notches.

Don't trust the safety, it's aftermarket for import purposes.

At the price they are at now I would definitely say go for it.
>>
>>30385714
Half-cock with safty off. Needed to train to pull the hammer back mid draw under stress. Took a week to get it down, but 7.62x25 stronk and worth it.
>>
I felt a norinco Tok at cabelas once. Are all Tomarev grips that short? Or was that one made special for chinaman hands?Would have felt good, if only I could get one long enough to fill my whole palm.
>>
>>30385714
>>30386911
I carry mine the same way
>>
>>30386098
how did you get an M57 in cali?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.