[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uses for horses in guerrilla/modern warfare? Just transport?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
Uses for horses in guerrilla/modern warfare?

Just transport?
>>
Have you ever been elk hunting?

All good elk hunters are horseback riders. You need them to carry you deep into the wilderness to catch up to the elk herd.
>>
>>30373899
USMC Infantry still trained to use donkeys in Mountain Warfare. At least we were circa 2010.
>>
>>30373899
Horses could be useful, but really are a logistical pain in the ass and require a lot of training to keep healthy. Pack mules and donkeys are much easier to use.

If you are asking "could mounted combat/ a cavalry charge work" then god no. Nobody has the training for that anymore.
>>
lol, riding a horse and charging into battle became dumb the second machine guns were invented
>>
>>30374012
my friend has horses and she says you can basically set em and forget em as long as you clean up after them, feed them and give them some exercise.

They're just like big dogs. show dogs need more grooming and upkeep than a sheepdog, the same way saddlers will need more upkeep than pack horses
>>
I am crashing this thread....
>>
File: 1456324215310.jpg (2 MB, 2096x3000) Image search: [Google]
1456324215310.jpg
2 MB, 2096x3000
>>30374172
WITH NO SURVIVORS!
>>
>>30373919
Yea my horse is named v6 toyota tacoma.
>>
>>30373899

Sex toy
>>
They're good for cheap mobility in asymmetrical conflicts.

The Portuguese used them a lot during their colonial wars, and India still has some horse formations.
>>
>>30374196
>V6 Tacoma
Ohohoho

With the exception of the most current 2GR-FKS motors, all of the tacoma V6 motors are pretty trash.

The 4.0 was at least kinda decent but a far cry.
>>
>>30374189
Roll
>>
File: 9.png (950 KB, 1101x1600) Image search: [Google]
9.png
950 KB, 1101x1600
>>30373899

Mongolian horses can be used in modern times
>>
File: cct-horseback.jpg (20 KB, 394x266) Image search: [Google]
cct-horseback.jpg
20 KB, 394x266
Special Forces still get around on horseback, they can go places vehicles can't. Requires experience though, need to know how to handle tack and treat common ailments and all that, not to mention knowing how to ride.
>>
>>30374273
O it has as much balls as Caitlin Jenner but it's pretty damn hard to get stuck anywhere.
>>
>>30374189
Rolling
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.