[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Identify caliber..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=5ac_1466551230

Watched this video in awe...he was shot multiple times and didn't even act phased....this must have been a .22 or some airshit right /k/?
>>
>>30373428
No.

Contrary to popular belief people are really fucking tough and while your liver is nice to have and fatal if you get shot there, it is not an instant kill.

Aim for the heart and spine.
>>
>>30373533
So center mass?
>>
>>30373428
>Get yourself a .22 they said
>.22 is totally viable for self defense they said
>>
>>30373533
I'm surprised though because he got shot in the side and didn't drop. Figured his lung or lungs would have been hit at that angle. I bet the shop owner wasn't packing hollowpoints and only FMJ.
>>
>lol only 9mm
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?sts=16973&utcoffset=-300&v=5dydHXoevQc&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D5dydHXoevQc%26itct%3DCCkQpDAYACITCM%252B3q4eSvc0CFQdnqgod7RwA2lIJbW1hIHJpZmxl&has_verified=1&client=mv-google&layout=mobile
>>
>>30373907
His lungs were hit but humans have two for a reason.

As I said before, people are really fucking tough and even though he'll probably die later for now the adrenaline is enough to keep him up and fighting.

>>30373539
Yes. Lower center if he's wearing armor.
>>
>>30373907
The only time you get complete incapacitation with small arms is with a CNS hit. You need your organs, but you won't die instantly from one being destroyed.
>>
>>30373428
Adrenaline is a helluva drug. There have been recorded instances where people have had a bullet pass through and destroy an artery close to their heart but still go on for a good thirty seconds. Shit ain't like your fucking COD games where if you shoot em, they drop instantly.
>>
Op here, I get what you guys are saying but the guy didn't even act like he was shot I didn't even see him limp from 2 shots to the leg

This is why I prefer shotguns, you ain't walking away from no leg/chest shot
>>
>>30373428
To instantly drop someone you have to hit the central nervous system.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oICHvlqApBc
>>
>>30374100
So like this?

http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=a5b_1466512558
>>
>>30374150
Yes, head shot is game over.
>>
File: 9mm vs 9mm.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
9mm vs 9mm.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>30373428
>>
Or you can, according to fbi, break the pelvis. Bad guy al amped up cant stand or walk.
>>
>>30374220
Movie name please?
>>
>>30373428
Well, he certainly didn't hit the brachial artery or femoral artery, no blood anywhere, not that that shitty camera could pick up anyway. (Though I'm a little weirded out by how the camera is moving on its own, like someone was holding it or something.)
The size of the handgun indicates to me, probably a .380 glock... Maybe, at the largest? I'm 50% sure FMJ though, He did aim for the leg on purpose, but I can't really confirm he even hit him. The other thing is, if it'd been at least a .380 his rib should be at the very least fractured, which usually makes people lie down and cry. But he only holds it like "Ow you bruised my rib you jerk!" and it wasn't a we're fighting to the death situation so I don't know how much nor-ep/adrenaline is going through his system, but I'd assume not as much as if they were fighting face to face.

So my guess remains .380 or smaller.

Better question, where is it that you can walk into a place, and pull down the security door like that, and start shit?
>>
>>30374443
Dead Heat
>>
>>30374556
a shithole
>>
>>30373428

guy was fat and we don't know if he was sober or not.

I'm guessing a 380. someone post the pic of what different cal do to a knee.

the leg shots didn't break bone, so I'm guessing this is in some shithole where you can't get. mil calibers and the owner is using something pretty aniemic.
>>
>>30373428
this is why all the "why did they have to shoot them so many times?!" inquiry after someone mag dumps is utter crap. Some people are out like a light others could care less how newly ventilated they are. To many people think that every person will react the same way when shot i.e. classic hollywood instakill or incapacitation

keep shooting till the threat is eliminated.
>>
>>30374088
He is limping a bit, but from the shit video I can't tell how bad the leg shot is. Could be a graze, he doesn't seem to be bleeding much.

>>30374556
>Though I'm a little weirded out by how the camera is moving on its own, like someone was holding it or something.

Someone is filming it off a monitor, that's partly why it's such shit quality.
>>
>>30374750

you can see the stuff behind his leg jump after the shot, and he does a dance. I'd bet fmj and it went through and through his calf.

the second shot to his torso could have missed his vitals and just lodged in his fatness.

what country is this? I want to say mexico.
>>
>>30374825
There tend to be a lot of shop shakedown and resultant defense videos posted from Brazil.
>>
>>30374150
>http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=a5b_1466512558

Mother fucker dropped his gun getting off the motorcycle.
>>
>hmmm I just got shot, better begin banging on the wall here
>oh I just got shot again
>time to start banging on the wall harder with my club of salami meat
>>
>>30374911
bullet sponges. there's one in every crowd
>>
>>30374750
>Filming off a monitor
Ah, that makes sense
>>30374572
Well played.
>>30374825
They did this on mythbusters, fat and meat can't hold a bullet, or stop it. I'm pretty sure it's stuck in his rib.

IIRC bone breaks at like 300-350 foot pounds, a .380 has about 199 Ft-Llbs. That's obviously not the whole science behind it, but it makes the most sense to me.
>>
>>30373907
>Figured his lung or lungs would have been hit at that angle
First of all humans have 2 lungs. Second of all a hole in a lung doesn't mean it's instantly worthless, they actually take a good deal of time to deflate during which they will still function. Third of all human muscles store enough energy to run without oxygen for up to a minute. Some more information:
http://www.breachbangclear.com/the-truth-about-stopping-power-anatomy-first/

>>30375102
>They did this on mythbusters, fat and meat can't hold a bullet, or stop it. I'm pretty sure it's stuck in his rib.
Bones aren't that strong.

>IIRC bone breaks at like 300-350 foot pounds, a .380 has about 199 Ft-Llbs
You're remembering very wrong.

http://shootingthebull.net/blog/dem-bones-dem-bones/
>>
>>30374719
But muh police brutality!
>>
File: speed holes.png (296 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
speed holes.png
296 KB, 500x382
>>30374719

>others could care less how newly ventilated they are

And some guys actually go faster after getting shot.
>>
this is why you carry 454 incendiary hollow point rounds.
>>
Going by how he just shrugged if off, 9mm.
>>
>>30374556
>where
Probably somewhere in arabia. Muslims are well known for that "ok" sign with the index finger extended and waving it around
>>
>>30374088
FBI had some guy get hit by several 12 gauge blasts, all kinds of 38 sp and 45acp. Even for it being pre cold war the guy was hit over a dozen times and was still fighting.
>>
>>30375369
adrenaline is a hell of a drug
>>
>>30374391
Works but harder to do on stress shooting than center of mass so train for it in addition to failure drills
>>
>>30373428
could be any common handgun caliber.
>>
Can we turn this into a self-defense video thread?
>>
>>30373951
read the comments, most likely rubber rounds.
>>
>>30375928
that's why you grab rifle.
>>
>>30376733
Post mid 90's damn near every agent and most officers do. But short of heavily armed robbers with hand stiched body armor shotguns and the occasional smg were typically more than enough. That being said the coast guard used some gnarly ordinance on rum runners
>>
>>30375531
this is why you carry a Taurus Judge Magnum with .410 explosive slugs loaded into .454 cases
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.