[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How viable would Reinhardt-esque power armor be in real life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: Perso_Reinhardt.jpg (86 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Perso_Reinhardt.jpg
86 KB, 960x540
How viable would Reinhardt-esque power armor be in real life combat? i imagine with a hard light shield and strong armor plates soaking up bullets would be pretty decent until they pull out larger caliber guns or anti-tank.

plus with a big melee weapon (lots of reach and lots of force) while being somewhat impervious to small arms would make you a walking slaughterhouse and great at demoralization (of course he is too heavy and relies on a sci-fi shield and a rocket powered hammer but please tell me the actually usability of a melee-centric power armored soldier)
>>
>>30370952
There is no viability for an armored melee centric soldier.

Go back to /m/.
>>
>>30370952
Oh you poor soul.

You should've stayed in /v/, now they're going to come pouring out of the walls.
>>
>>30370952
If power armor was feasible, then it would be even more feasible to use a bigger gun rather than fuck around with a hammer
>>
>>30370952
*unsheathes Carl Gustav*
>>
File: 1463111289192.jpg (709 KB, 1920x2366) Image search: [Google]
1463111289192.jpg
709 KB, 1920x2366
>>30370952
I thought I left this cancer behind when I left /v/
fuck off

also sage
>>
>>30370952
Pants on head retarded.
> Hand to hand power armor soldier
No, but Logistics might get them in the next 20 years. They can put the same things on a triple to make him walk, but you'll never see powerd armor really. Not even in 500 years, there are better ways to kill and use resources
We have power armor threads all the time
Go back to wherever you came from
>>
This has to be bait.

Why would I possibly want someone running around with a war hammer when i could have a MBT instead.
>>
Reinhardt, or any melee-centric power armor soldier, is as viable as a Metal Gear.
>>
File: 1465600703511.gif (2 MB, 244x194) Image search: [Google]
1465600703511.gif
2 MB, 244x194
No.

It's more cost effective and efficient to use a bunch of transport vehicles and troops to overwhelm an enemy than it is to outfit a single soldier with a fancy power armor.

Also Morrison is best husbando.
>>
>>30370952
/v/ pls, Overwatch is a meme game.
>>
>>30371098
I think it's fun.

Before OW I played Dirty Bomb, Planetside 2, Insurgency, CSGO, and Tribes. Not many games fit a fast-paced FPS anymore.
>>
>>30370952
Holy fuck, you're retarded.

Go back to /v/ and your shitty meme game.
>>
File: exo armor.jpg (189 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
exo armor.jpg
189 KB, 1920x1080
to be honest, with the advance strength, they are kind of melee orientated more then anything, other then long distance foot traveling.
>>
File: XOS-2.jpg (558 KB, 1000x714) Image search: [Google]
XOS-2.jpg
558 KB, 1000x714
this shit is real, multiple darpa funded companies researching it.
>>
>>30370952

Powered armor yet

Melee weapon no, at least not primarily.

I can see a heavy duty circular/chain saw being useful for a power armored soldier in order to create doors where he needs to in urban combat.

If a durka happens to be in arms reach, by all means go chainsword that fucker. But power armor should be used to make traditionally crew served weapons portable.
>>
>>30371454
>using "DARPA funded" like it means fucking anything
>>
If someone did make that why the fuck would they give him a hammer instead of a 20mm cannon or something?
>>
>>30371933
What the fuck are you implying about my glorious darpa, fuccboi?
>>
>>30373185
I'm implying that just because DARPA is funding something does not mean it'll turn into a real thing.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.