[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
first gun/gun shop stories go>picking my first gun up soon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: model 10.jpg (3 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
model 10.jpg
3 MB, 4128x3096
first gun/gun shop stories go>picking my first gun up soon
>wanted it to be special, being my first gun and all
>settled on a model 10 smith and wesson
>the history, the simplicity, heirloom status
>could have gone .357 but theres just something about an oldschool plain .38 revolver I wanted as my first
>LGS doesnt have any, say they can order them for me though
>over 700 dollars online
>only other revolvers they have are tuarus .357s and Hilary hole smiths .357s

how retarded am Ii for still wanting that model 10? Im a MA resident if that matters
>>
>>30367946
Somewhat retarded
But you can disable Hillary Holes yo
>>
File: Knives.jpg (2 MB, 1963x1283) Image search: [Google]
Knives.jpg
2 MB, 1963x1283
>>30367946
I love my model 10-8. Fun to shoot and I bring it most trips. Most of its charm was the $300 price tag though. Are you ordering a new production model 10? Get a police trade in beater for cheap m8.

-free nh bro
>>
>>30367965
>>30367981
can I buy a model 10 online and have it shipped to MA? The smith and wesson website has it for 700 but are there any other better websites
>>
Dude, check J&G Sales...I bought a model 10 from them about 2 months ago for ~$300
>>
>>30367946

Buy one online, there's used security contract ones out the ass. Or maybe buy a Taurus 80 or 82.
>>
>>30368017
can I get one online if I live in MA
>>
>>30367946

Model 10 revolver with the 4 inch barrel is a very nice shooter, well balanced, and even more historic than the 1911 (its older than the 1911 and was used by even more nations.) And desu the construction quality et al is still worth 700 bucks. It's not a bad choice at all.
>>
>>30368168

You tell me, you live there
>>
>>30368316
>model 10
>worth 700
my new glock 19 didnt even cost that much, theyre a great gun but not worth that price. Id say 4-500 max and even then it better come with something. Some nice grips or a few cases of ammo
>>
File: BTD25-R-F1B-H.jpg (370 KB, 1200x587) Image search: [Google]
BTD25-R-F1B-H.jpg
370 KB, 1200x587
I was just looking at Model 10's last night. Lots up on Gunbroker for 300 and up. Don't pay 700 for one at a gunstore. And dont get a new production with the internal lock.

I want to pick up a 4" Pre model 10 M&P myself. The res just something about the worn finish, pencil barrel, and old school sights that I love. Plus my Enfield break top needs a .38 friend.
>>
>>30368372

It depends entirely on condition. If its mint and wasn't shot much; just holster wear from being some cop's service pistol for years, hot damn, I'd pay that. If the finish is beat to shit and the rifling has some wear, I'd go with 500 max myself.
>>
>>30368168
No idea m8. I'm sure it's an "approved firearm." Talk to your FFL and order a used model 10. If you're buying factory new just get a .357 bro. Don't settle for what you don't want either. Just saying a used model 10 will cost less than half the price and will get you the same places.
>>
File: Reaction (6).png (308 KB, 630x465) Image search: [Google]
Reaction (6).png
308 KB, 630x465
>>30367946
I have no entertaining gun shop stories but I can tell you a story of sadness

>Be me, Kentucky fag
>Get done fucking my cousin and decide to get a gun for kicks
>Just moved in to my new place
>FINALLY off campus so I can have guns
>Roommate has his .410 here
>NeedtheMosin.flak
>Succumb to sadness realizing that Mosin's are $200+ everywhere
>Find a bunch of Type 53's
>Turns out they're basically a Mosin carbine
>GonnaGetsMeDat.nigger
>Go to LGS, pick one up and fingerfuck it
>Its everything I could want for $99
>Take it to the counter
>Shop owner asks if I'm 21
>I say no, it shouldn't matter for a rifle
>mfw type 53's are considered a pistol by my state's standards

I was 19 at the time, 20 now coming up on 21

Nobody was buying 53's back then but now I can scarcely find them for under $180

Fucking kill me /k/: I had my chance at the fabled $99 Mosin (close to it) and I got cucked by the ATF

Because a bolt action carbine with a scary FIVE FUCKING ROUND internal magazine is more dangerous than other guns because it has a whopping barrel length of 14" instead of 16"
>>
>>30368570
>$700 for a used Model 10
>ever
Is this a shitpost? I just bought a Model 64 S&W made in the mid 1980s with a bull barrel and almost no finish wear for $350 in January.
>>
>>30367946
>wanted it to be special
>.38 special to be exact

OP theres nothing wrong with Taurus revolvers btw. You just have to know what to look out for when you buy one used
>>
>>30368848
its been three years and you are still this poor?

anon when i was 19 i bought my own bulgy ak-74, winchester xsp, ria 1911, 3 different mosins, and a sick ass ar-15 pistol for back in 2011.

and i did it while joining the military, and keeping a fulltime job, stop being a POS, buck the fuck up.
>>
>>30369477
>Is this a shitpost? I just bought a Model 64 S&W made in the mid 1980s with a bull barrel and almost no finish wear for $350 in January.

If it's actually a nice one, yeah, it's possible. Not terribly common to find one that nice, but possible.

Colt, on the other hand... goodluck.png
>>
>can only have one gun in my country
>inherit .38 from grandpa because i'm the only one in the family who is into gun culture and always shot air rifles and .22s growing up
>can't inherit a gun
>1 year or more to get it registered to my name because the whole country is retarded
>have a 5 shooter .38 for defense
just kill me in my sleep
>>
>20 somethings dude with eye bags and bad hair comes and buys the cheapest single barrel and a box of slugs

He killed himself didn't he?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.