[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ruger AR556 vs M&P15 Sport II (Also Bayonets)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1466468549265-0.png (472 KB, 526x526) Image search: [Google]
1466468549265-0.png
472 KB, 526x526
Hello /k/, casual here.

Yesterday I saw a news report on how evil AR 15s are and now Im sold.

Ive done some research and since I dont care for building one out of parts, unless you guys can give me compelling reasons to do so, Ive narrowed it down to two choices: The Ruger AR556 and the M&P15 Sport II

Which should I get, and why?

Side note:
Anyone have experience with bayonet lug extensions? I found these:
http://www.triple-r-products.com/
A bayonet is a must have for me, for personal reasons, but I want it to fit right. Will this do the trick? Also, bayonet suggestions? Currently looking at the SW2B and Ontario knives, but would appreciate informed opinions.

pic unrelated
>>
I like the Ruger. It's been solid for the couple months I've been taking it shooting
>>
>>30366706
>I dont care for building one out of parts, unless you guys can give me compelling reasons to do so
it's usually either for cheapery or heavy customization. If you're just starting out and aren't a poorfag then there isn't a great reason to build one
>>
>>30366720
Do you have experience with both, or just the Ruger?
>>
>>30366706
You should build one instead of being A BITTTTTCHHHHHH all your life
>>
>>30366724
It's like getting in to Linux. There's almost no end to customization, but you should probably start with a basic noob friendly version to figure out what YOU like and dislike.
>>
I have the sport ii, it's a good quality gun for the price
>>
>>30366706
Get a Colt
>>
>>30366720
Is the bore chromed or plated with melonite (like the m&p15 sport ii)? can't seem to find anything on it
>>
>>30368190
They both use different forms of nitrated finish on their barrels. Neither are chromed.
>>
I handled both and chose the AR556, based on fit and finish, then replaced all the furniture and trigger group.
>>
>>30366974
This

Got my first AR-15 as a gift, built a lower for my girlfriend to go with a complete upper, I'm planning on building my next upper
>Can't wait to build a 300BLK upper with a $350 barrel then run nothing but subs through it
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.