[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /k/ think of recon trucks? I think it is the battl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
What does /k/ think of recon trucks? I think it is the battleship of our generation, it's dead compared to drones and CAS planes.

http://www.armyrecognition.com/kadex_2016_official_online_show_daily_news/the_new_4x4_reconnaissance_vehicle_from_the_russian_defense_company_strela_at_kadex_2016_10406162.html

Russian truck left by the times. lol
>>
>>30364661
Is this the first time you have heard of battlefield observation radar? Its not even the first one to be fitted to a truck.
>I think it is the battleship of our generation
I'm not sure how to respond to this. Or what ot means.
>it's dead compared to drones and CAS planes.
>drones
You might want to re-read the article.
>>
>>30364661
how are you going to pilot those drones?

you need people to pilot drones, sometimes within the ao. not everything can be piloted via satellite link
>>
>>30364661
How would they be out of date? Mobile radar is nice and laser detection is especially nice in the world of modern stealth jets that radar cant detect.

Also, theyre probably a lot cheaper than fueling drones for sorties all day. Just park it wherever and have 4 russians blow each other while they play with the drone. Think of all the countries with aging air forces too, that rely more on AA than air superiority. Russia loves selling outdated tech.
>>
>>30364832
>and have 4 russians blow each other while they play with the drone.
Are the Russian Armed Forces still taking foreign recruits?

Asking for a friend.
>>
>>30364661
>it's dead compared to drones and CAS planes.
What is anti-air, you inbred dumb fucknut? Most recon drones are easily shot down by SPAA and a whole lot even with .50 /12.7 machineguns.
>>
>>30364661
Not every military is US-Russian, so there's markets out there which would find a limited use for a vehicle like that.
Plus with speed of deployment where you need a bigger observation radius quickly and either don't have something in the area or in some cases, that's all you've got. For mobile company's they'd definitely find a use for it anyway, its literally one-step for a commander to get an area surveyed quickly, then you either run with what you brung or fuck shit up with whatever kind of combined forces you've got.
>>
>>30364661
Urr durr evryfink must be a tank may may. Kys.
>>
>>30365498
Nuh-uh, muh drones, pilots are obsolete
>>
>>30364873
Top kek
>>
File: Eye in the Sky.jpg (239 KB, 860x1242) Image search: [Google]
Eye in the Sky.jpg
239 KB, 860x1242
I don't want to open a whole new thread, but maybe you /k/sters would like to check if this >>>/pol/78146298 is /k/ approved (I think it qualifies).
>>
>>30364816
>you need people to pilot drones
No.

The North Koreans have used pre-programmed drones to spy on South Korea. You can download the same route to many drones for different days or time of day, to get regular updates. No pilots needed.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.