[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think about the unissued NVGs Kommandostore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: pvn57e.jpg (8 KB, 316x159) Image search: [Google]
pvn57e.jpg
8 KB, 316x159
What do you guys think about the unissued NVGs Kommandostore is gonna sell? I was considering preordering a pair but I saw they're technically still gen 1.5 and they make a really annoying buzzing when turned on. However they are the same goggles from the Metro games so I dunno
>>
Hello Ivan.

Will this make it through customs or airport security or whatever in a shitty third world nation?

If so, you've got yourself a purchase.

Well besides range and effectiveness and reviews of the model in question.
>>
>>30364115
I had to watch a video of these. The buzzing is so annoying that I think it removes the cool factor for me. It was bad when they were on the table but it's in your ear when powered on.
>>
>>30364115
>The rear of the units lets out some xrays and with prolonged use can cause cateracts in your eyes.
>From memory they should be used for no longer than 24hrs a year and in periods of no longer than 1hr at a time. Scary stuff when you think about it but then the Russian Tankers life expectancy was probably alot shorter than 1 year

Thanks but no thanks.
>>
Glad I decided to check /k/ before bed.

>>30364208
Where do you live? They may not if you're living in Brazil or something like that.

>>30364220
I've heard mixed things about this. I do know the units make a high pitched whine (think classic videa), but this is not the tubes... its the transformer unit. From what I've read its not audible beyond a few meters and can be fixed entirely if you're good with electronics and replace the transformer with modern components.

>>30364292
I read that same forum post and then researched extensively on the subject. The x-ray risk is an old wives tale. The only way you can theoretically get ANY x-rays out of the tubes is by overloading the input voltage so past specification that the tubes burn. We're talking minutes of operation under these conditions before the tube is completely dead.
>>
>>30364337
Ivan, what happened to all the soviet helmets and other surplus you guys had? Did you really sell them all?
>>
File: 1453234525778.png (30 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1453234525778.png
30 KB, 250x250
I apologize for not answering the questions in the headgear thread, by the time I got back from work the thread was archived

>>30364115
they're really equivalent to early Gen.2, they're some of the best units Soviet tech has to offer.

>>30364220
it's really not that bad in person, if you can't deal with some buzzing then I can't fathom how you can stand being at a range

>>30364292
>forum rumors
I hate to sound like a vatnik but there's literally no proofs that these units produce X-rays under normal operation outside of some baseless forum posts. Some types units are capable of producing X-rays if you attempt to power them via a source with a retardedly-high voltage, and they're only produced for a short while before the unit gets fried. As long as you power these units with an acceptable source (i.e: 12/24V batteries), you're absolutely safe.

>>30364337
Ivan speaks the truth
>>
>>30364401
We have some stuff in the warehouse that hasn't made it back up on the site. IIRC the soviet helmets are part of that. That and a few of the 80% lowers and a few odds and ends.

If its not up usually that's due to very low quantity...

I'm headed off to bed, happy to answer emails tomorrow. I'm the only one in the warehouse this week so apologies in advance if I take a while to respond.

[email protected]
>>
>>30364337
>The x-ray risk is an old wives tale
>>30364422
>that these units produce X-rays under normal operation outside of some baseless forum posts

Thanks for the replies.
Yeah it was just a basic cursory search, so I figured I'd voice it and see what people had to say.
>and a little hesitation on getting my eyes fried

I'm actually considering getting in on a pair now.
>>
>>30364426
Hey Ivan, what else do you have lined up for spelunking besides NVGs?
>>
>>30365011
In the news letter they were showing off NV AK optics the size 2 litre and some other odd Russian thing I forgot. They are mostly talking in odd Russian stuff they weren't willing to bet on without people asking for it first. On that note, I'm hoping they get more modox, I wanted the Smersh rig. I want the turtle and beetle a bit too, but I already have similar stuff and I'm low on throw away money
>>
>>30365171
>In the news letter they were showing off NV AK optics the size 2 litre
I'm always game for 1PN34/58s

>and some other odd Russian thing I forgot
pls elaborate anon, you've piqued my interest
>>
>>30365190
Yeah, the 58s. The other item they rattled off as in the planned list is KORUND, VIZIT-3M, and KIRASA Bulletproof Vests. I'm on my tablet so I can't screen shot the email or post the pictures from it
>>
>>30365232
>I'm on my tablet so I can't screen shot the email
Take the side of your palm and swipe the screen.

>If it's an Android device anyway
>>
>>30365252
Kindle cause poor and cheap. It's 3 years old so I'm planning on using it as a target when I upgrade cause it's complete trash
>>
>>30365232
neat, thanks for the info. I'm honestly not too interested in the vests, I like the look of the earlier 6B(X)-series much more even though most of them offer pretty shit protection
>>
>>30365287
>>30365252
Here, did the long method and logged into my email rather than app laziness. The armor pics
>>
>>30365318
>>
>>30365321
>>
>>30365328
>>
>>30364337
Hey Ivan, I don't mean to seem rude, but why is this old crap so expensive?

I haven't really ever looked into NVGs before, but don't boots normally sell modern "government issue" units for a little bit more?
>>
>>30366116
>but why is this old crap so expensive?
Gee anon, why might something in limited supply that is no longer entering the market cost more than something that is constantly being put into the market?
>>
>>30366124
If you're buying this for a collection, that's fine.

Most people on here seem to want to be actively using these devices.
>>
Does anyone know how many generations of NVG exist and whats the difference between these generations?
>>
>>30366134
Well that's their decision if they don't want to do the research. There's also the issue that 99% of those ones boots are selling are stolen.

>>30366151
~4. Clarity, brightness, range of effective sight. I think the newer generations have tube life issues though and don't last as long.
>>
>>30366168
>There's also the issue that 99% of those ones boots are selling are stolen.

That's why I said "government issue."

I don't care how they were sourced.
I'm just trying to understand why I should buy Ivan's.
>>
>>30366168
>There's also the issue that 99% of those ones boots are selling are stolen
explain?
I see them for sale a lot on various foreign gear websites.
>>
>>30366182
If it's on a proper surplus website then the origins are probably legit. The issue with ebay is that things like NVG are "serialized equipment" IE, they're supposed to be turned in after the field op/mission/deployment/whatever. Some grunts get good with the supply guys and smuggle them home to keep or sell along with lots of other things like the PEQ?-15's, those laser illumination things. Or some supply sergeant sneaks them out to do the same thing. You'll probably never be caught as long as you don't go parading it around as some do leak through legit channels but there's always the chance you'll get a knock on the door and have it taken as it's stolen government property. Basically any time a vet says they "Acquired" an item in the military they fucking stole it.

>>30366181
>I don't care how they were sourced.
>I'm just trying to understand why I should buy Ivan's.
>you don't want a hot set of NVGs
>anything much better while being legit costs 3-4 times as much
>you're a collector
>slav durability
>because fuck you I want one
There's plenty of reasons.
>>
>>30366213
Hey man, I'm not one of those NEED assholes, I just honestly want to know what makes these special outside of them being "vintage" slavshit.
I always want to get the best deal as well.
>>
>>30366257
If you meant the last reason I gave, it wasn't a jab at you, just another reason. "I want this" is good enough for some people.
>what makes them special
Nothing really outside of what you said. I haven't really looked into NVG in a while but if what the earlier anon said about them being closer to gen 2 than 1.5 is true and they have dat slav reliability then they're not a bad price, especially being new old stock.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.