[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of the Spyderco Matriarch/civilian for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Matriarch.jpg (179 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Matriarch.jpg
179 KB, 800x600
What do you guys think of the Spyderco Matriarch/civilian for self defense?

It it just a meme or would it fuck someone up easier than a straight, unserrated blade if you had to use it?
>>
>>30363866
I wouldn't pick it, assuming I had to, I'd be trying to poke holes in a person not scratch them.
>>
>>30363866
there are a ton of better self defense blade. its a meme in the truest form
>>
File: 124046040.jpg (118 KB, 464x369) Image search: [Google]
124046040.jpg
118 KB, 464x369
>>30363866
When multiple attackers are beating your head in with a brick, you don't want to have to figure out how to open your knife.

If you are attacked, and break your finger on the first punch of the fight, you don't want a folding knife.

If you are struggling on the ground with a large attacker swinging at you, you don't want to fuck with a folding knife.

That being said, my uncle killed a guy with his swiss army knife when he was jumped by two guy and smacked in the head with a brick several times. He was crazy as fuck Viet Nam vet though. A fixed blade is obviously preferable for many reasons.
>>
>>30364010
>>30363970

What are some recommendations then?
>>
>>30364043
Fixed blade
Double edged
Round handle
Full tang (one piece of steel handle and blade)
No retention on sheathe besides tension (no button to release)

other than that i think it wouldn't matter. me being a martial art fag i think those features make for the best combat knife.
>>
>>30364043
bigger blade, fixed prefered, spear, clip or drop point.
>>
>>30364069
>>30364068

Link me some that I could possibly carry concealed.

I'm not looking to have a huge knife hanging off my hip all day every day.
>>
>>30364106
Look into divers knives. They are smaller than something like a ka-bar, sharp as fuck, lots of variety of style and size.

https://www.amazon.com/divers-knives-and-shears/b?ie=UTF8&node=3406361
>>
File: index.jpg (13 KB, 239x300) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
13 KB, 239x300
>>30364126
Cressi Lima (2.95" Blade) Tactical Dive Knife is breddy hawt. you'll be battlefield4 irl if you carry one of these.
>>
>>30364126
>>30364143
>carrying a fucking dive knife for self defense
wut the fukk
>>
>>30364126
just look at cold steel and go from there. they cater to your needs
>>
>>30364161
lightweight, fixed blade- sharp as a mother fucker- why not?
>>
>>30364143

But I have a folding knife that has a blade that's an inch longer. Would that not be better?
>>
>>30364184
I hardly see how an inch of length on a short blade which you must produce, then make ready would be advantageous over one with a fixed blade. no.
>>
>>30364203

Personally I thought the deployment speed was negligible and one of the only advantages of a fixed blade was for durability, like innawoods shit. I can deploy my folder relatively fast, obviously not as fast as a fixed blade. Just my opinion though.
>>
>>30364143
Serrations are dumb, and the sheathe has a retaining button.

Do like>>30364068 said and get something like http://www.bladehq.com/item--Browning-Black-Label-Backlash--29338
>>
>>30364224

if i carried a knife for self defense, it would be a last line of defense against a life threatening attack. like, somebody attacked me and i was losing the fight and sustaining serious injury. like i wound up on my back against a couple guys and i was gonna die or have brain damage.

i would want a knife that was accessible, i just grab it and it is ready. if my hands are bloody, or i have broken fingers, or one hand is occupied, who knows - i don't want to mess with it. fixed blade for me isn't about speed of draw or durability, its about having a knife that is ready when i put a combat grip on it holstered. same reason my carry pistol has no manual safety or retention other than a tight fit. combat grip, deploy.
>>
jesus i thought the knife general was bad, this whole thread is an abomination.
>>
File: spyderco_endura_serrated.jpg (219 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
spyderco_endura_serrated.jpg
219 KB, 1000x667
>>30363866
A good pair of Nike's and some situational awareness will do you better than a knife anon. Keep your head on swivel. Take boxing classes. Stay away from bad situations.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.