[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does the IRS need guns?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 225x225
The federal government is arming themselves at alarming rates. They have more armed people than the Marines do.

This is the reason our forefathers wrote the 2nd amendment. To protect ourselves from government if need be.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/why-does-the-irs-need-guns-1466117176
>>
>>30362885
pastebin?
>>
Speaking as someone whose favorite subject in school was history, the text irks me.

Technically our forefathers did try to reason with the British before resorting to armed force.
>>
>>30362939

Here ya go

http://pastebin.com/zyVr0PXs
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 540x960
>>30362948
>>
>>30362885
You realize that the IRS has criminal investigators who are sworn law enforcement officers (series 1811, just like a FBI Special Agent) responsible for investigations, field work, and serving warrants, right? I guess if you're investigating drug cartels' money trails for the IRS that means you don't deserve a gun, just because of your agency?
>>
>>30363269

You're right they should all be disarmed.
>>
>>30363269
I'm fine with IRS agents being armed. Just like an law enforcement officers.

As long as they are restricted to the exact same arms that civilians are allowed to own.
>>
Most of these alarmist posts about how the gubbermint is stockpiling ammo and arms are by people who have no fucking idea how much it costs to do this shit on an institutional level. The example of $5000 per IRS CI agent over the span of fucking 9 years is laughable. $500 for a Glock, $1000 for a soft armor vest + armor panels, $250 for duty belt, retention holster, cuffs, baton, pouches, etc, leaves around $3250 per agent for ammo for all 9 years. That buys a little over 1000 rounds of el cheapo practice FMJ a year tops, not even factoring in duty rifles, JHP ammo, or firearms maintenance fees. Plenty of gun owners shoot that much in a couple months and a lot of serious shooters would burn through that in a couple weeks or even a day of training.
>>
>>30363269
i can easily foresee a situation where some fuck identifies himself as a usps agent and I don't comp[ly thinking that its a scam. how many non LEO agencies have arrest authority nowadays anyway?
>>
IRS has had armed agents performing armed audits for a long time
>>
>>30363018
He never said that....
>>
>>30363891
Its Texas, they rarely get things right.
>>
>>30363891

Well at least they didn't retcon "well-regulated militia" to be "3 Malboro Men in a Dodge Durango."
>>
>>30363891
uh it's written on a plaque so obviously he did.
>>
Why does the atomic energy commission have a sniper team?

Why does the EPA have a SWAT team?

Because they have the mandate to protect persons and property on us soul.
The Milatary is bound by law not to operate against us citizens on us soil.
>>
>>30363812
Gee IDK....all of them?
>>
>>30363883
Way back when, people were not very kind to those that would take their hard earned money. Not to mention that the IRS is technically an enforcement agency.
>>
>>30363316

1) They are LEOs
2) They are civilians and can own the exact same guns as anybody else.
>>
>>30362885
Because citizens who have no legal right shoot at the people they owe money to to get out of their debt. Those cheap fuckers deserve to die
>>
>>30363891
>He never said that
Shaddup
>>
>>30365838
Im an asshole and thought he asked how many LEO agencies...didnt see "non"
>>
>>30363269
>Reminder that the Post Office has armed federal agents who deal in serious crime
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.