[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to defend myself in my small college flat. Worth noting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: RUSSKI copy.png (1022 KB, 1111x551) Image search: [Google]
RUSSKI copy.png
1022 KB, 1111x551
I want to defend myself in my small college flat. Worth noting that this is NOT a dorm, but a small room that I'm renting right off campus.

The area around my campus is not in a safe place. Break-ins are not extremely common, but they are also not extremely rare. Seeing as I have quite a few valuables in my room, I might be more of a target than others. This chance is increased by the fact that my room faces the back "yard" of this unit, and has a door and large window there.

For self-defense, what would be my best option? Would a gun be a good idea, or would it merely make me more of a target? If it would be a good idea, what kind of gun/weapon would be the best for my situation?
>>
>>30362234
Shotgun or full sized pistol would be what I would get.
>>
>>30362257
I'm unable to get a pistol because California

Come to think of it, would a gun actually be useful at ALL? If they break into the room while I'm sleeping, they're essentially right there. Unless I have my weapon mounted, UNLOCKED, directly above my bed, it wouldn't help at all.
>>
>>30362234
If you're a first-time gun owner, there's nothing wrong with a single shot break-open 12 gauge shotgun. Put a cheap stretchy cartridge holder on the butt so it'll always have ammo with it and keep it hidden but handy.
>>
Honestly, if there are folks living in close proximity to your appartment, I would load up a 12 gauge with bird shot.
It's non lethal, but a lot less likely to fuck someone up who didnt deserve it (ie your neighbors)

I'm gonna get a lot of shit for this, but in my mind I'd rather die because I put birdshot in my HD gun than accidentally kill someone.
>>
>>30362234
>i want to defend myself
You want to *be able to* defend yourself, fucking retard.
>>
>>30362339
No I get it. I have my shot gun loaded with bird shot as well.
>>
File: TCTU.gif (383 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
TCTU.gif
383 KB, 1280x720
>>30362395

>>30362371
You know what he fucking means
>>
>>30362302
Keep it by the bedside when you come home for the night, lock it up when you leave.
>>
>>30362257
>>30362307
>>30362646
These. I'm not sure if I agree with birdshot for self defense especially in a state known for home owners losing civil suits where an intruder sues after being shot. If you are new to guns it might not be worth it for you if you don't have your own place and could be worried about roommates and such. (I still recommend a gun for recreation at least) Consider mace (big bear spray size), c2 taser or similar, and/or a bright flashlight. You want something with stand off capability so avoid melee type weapons that rely on strength. Atleast if you mace the wrong person you won't get raped in court when a roommates drunk friend stumbles in to your room. Worst is they'll have to take a shower to get it out of their eyes.
>>
>>30363961
>home owners losing suits for shooting home invaders

What crock of shit. I'm so fucking glad I dont live in a commie state.
>>
>>30364854
I feel bad for them at least they aren't like bongistan yet http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1075809/No-barbed-wire--hurt-thieves-allotment-holders-told.html
>>
This guy goes to USC

Get a shotgun.
>>
>>30365185
Jesus fucking christ. I never thought I'd be so grateful for castle doctrine.
>>
>>30362234
pistol, you can CC it and use it for home defense, also with frangible ammo you have an extremely low chance of over penetrating
>>
>>30362307
I second this. First gun I ever had was a single shot Remington (I want to say) from the 1950's or so. I never had to use it but it was an excellent shot for target shooting. It also lowered my pussiness of firing real weapons because of its harsh recoil
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.