[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I a fucking idiot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
I know /k/ hates FFL threads but I'm actually doing it. I'm 23 years old, 1 year out of college and I quit my job at a wall street bank (which shall go unnamed) earlier this week. I booked a one way ticket to Paris for next Tuesday and I plan on arriving in Aubagne on Thursday. I'm packing two sets of clothes and my passport.

I don't speak a lick of French but I don't care I have to do this. I fucking hate my life and my job and I'm bored out of my mind, the money means nothing to me. My friends suck and everyone around me is miserable with their miserable fucking jobs. I hate sitting in a cubicle and working for the weekend. I need to go suffer and feel alive. I want to be cold, hungry, broken, run into the ground. I want training that will challenge me and push me to the breaking point. I don't care if I catch a bullet some sub saharan african shithole years from now, at least I will feel like I did something challenging.

Any tips on getting through initial processing? I am in pretty decent physical shape and don't have any vision problems or health issues. I've had a few minor surgeries (tonsils out, small cyst removed) but I plan to lie about all of them.
>>
You could've joined the American military, if you didn't buy into the faggot FFL hype.
>>
>>30361429
yes you're a fucking idiot, but not necessarily for this.
>>
You NEED to spoeak French to get ino the FFL, though.
Better start learning
>>
Your post's level of lack of foresight and proper preparation coupled with the unbridled 15 year old-esque moto mentality leads me to believe you will fail.
>>
I thought the FFL wasn't taking Americans right now?
>>
>Have can do mentality
>Waste it by joining a cannon fodder unit because of some romantic idealizations
>Not joining US SOF, the top dogs of operating
FOR WHAT FUCKING PURPOSE, WOULD ANYONE IN THE US WANT TO JOIN THE FFL? I JUST DON'T FUCKING GET IT. EVERYTHING IN FFL IS DONE BETTER BY SOME SOF UNIT IN THE FUCKING MILITARY WE HAVE HERE. JUST JOIN THAT ONE AND PROBABLY HAVE A BETTER TIME ANYWAYS! FUCK
>>
>>30361429
Do it. The worst they can do is reject you.
>>
>>30361429
Learn to french, talk with FFL guys.
>>
>>30361502
They teach French in the FFL
>>
Just remember, it takes a lot of loyalty.

You're essentially just a hired gun.
>>
>>30361429
Go for it mate. And tell the recruiter exactly what you wrote here. You might have a chance.

Also, protip : the keyword is "adventure".
>>
File: 1447267368882.jpg (19 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1447267368882.jpg
19 KB, 258x245
>>30361429
>I don't speak a lick of French but I don't care I have to do this. I fucking hate my life and my job and I'm bored out of my mind, the money means nothing to me. My friends suck and everyone around me is miserable with their miserable fucking jobs. I hate sitting in a cubicle and working for the weekend. I need to go suffer and feel alive. I want to be cold, hungry, broken, run into the ground. I want training that will challenge me and push me to the breaking point. I don't care if I catch a bullet some sub saharan african shithole years from now, at least I will feel like I did something challenging.

Yeah...you're not even going to make it. You sound just like those kids that WANNA BE NAVY SQUEALS ND BE SPESHAIL FORCES BECUZ FUK COLLEGE AND FUK ""SOCIETY"" XDD

Assuming you do have what it takes (lmfao), you'll just get turned down by the FFL and some guy from Indonesia or Estonia that actually has the drive to becoming a Legionaire will get your spot.
>>
>>30361610
U jelly of muh frogs anon ?

Start your own foreign legion ! The 'murrican foreign legion.

Starring :
Hernando della fellatio.
Tyrone "worldstard" Blackdong
Habu Hajaar bin Mollahlester

Wait...

IT'S THE MARINE CORPS !
>>
File: 1407104303403.jpg (104 KB, 500x445) Image search: [Google]
1407104303403.jpg
104 KB, 500x445
>>30363077
kek
>>
>>30362747
I too am interested in the FFL, do you have to be a big guy?
>>
>>30361429

I was not in the legion but my brother was, so I cant speak from direct experience. From what I've heard, as long as you pass medical, psych, intelligence, and physical testing in the processing period, you have a good shot of making it in. Most guys get dropped in this period for criminal stuff they neglected to tell the staff about and got found out later on. The PT they require at that phase is not even that hard apparently.

According to brother, more guys desert after they are actually in the legion than drop out/get booted during basic training.
>>
File: 1457033083232.jpg (134 KB, 984x629) Image search: [Google]
1457033083232.jpg
134 KB, 984x629
>>30363077
>join Marines
>this happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKKPXBmr5lk
>>
>>30361429
You could and should have moved somewhere in the midwest with low rent and easy cost of living with good, friendly people around you.

Then spent a full 12 months getting into the best shape of your life.

And then joined the American military and gone the special forces route.

Yeah, you fucked up big time OP
>>
File: 1443042847868.png (454 KB, 396x435) Image search: [Google]
1443042847868.png
454 KB, 396x435
You still have time to change your mind OP. I think youre just tired man, I am too, but I still have more school. Just go see france and maybe go to amsterdam and when you come back re-evaluate everything man. If you still want to do military stuff just join the US mil. They will teach you a language and if you want to fight they will find a spot for you. Dont do the FFL they are just replaceable washed up trash with guys who literally have nothing to lose. Dont die for the french OP they havent done anything for you.
>>
>>30361429

Knowing what I do about our military, I think you made the best choice if you are dead set on service. The Legion enforces loyalty to the Legion, not the weird jingoist rhetoric you'd get in the states.

But be prepared to suffer. It's a hard life.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 369x492) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 369x492
>>30361429
What you are feeling is actually called being a homosexual.
>>
Had uncle in FFL and friend which left after a year ( desertion ), can tell something about it if You want.
Will try to join FFL after studies.
>>
File: Call of baguette.jpg (180 KB, 500x529) Image search: [Google]
Call of baguette.jpg
180 KB, 500x529
>>30361429

Hi there fellow /k/ommando

First, as a frog, I have to say that it's quite heart warming to see you experiencing such enthusiast.

However as others may or may not have pointed out, French, even if not mandatory, will barely be taught to you in the FFL, while in the meantime required of you if you want to stay.

Nevertheless, if you're still wanna go for it, I'd be glad to welcome you for a few days / weeks in order to teach you rudiments of frogspeak. I'm in Britanny, so it's not on your path to Aubagne, more like a fat detour. But maybe you need it.

Anyway let me know if interested, and merci pour ton service /k/ommando
>>
>TFW I'm the only Legionnaire on /k/ aside from the Aussie poster
You're all idiots
All of you

Let me clear some things
> muh Legionnaires are scum murder-rapists
No. The Legion is more picky than ever, and it is one of the tenets of recruiting and background investigation to not allow 'blood crimes'. Meaning, if you're a fucking psychopath, you won't get in.

> you have to know French
Also dead wrong. The Legion will teach you French. You will be assigned, in Aubagne, a man who speaks French at least half decently to teach you and two other men the language. This will either go well and you will quickly know basic things, or terribly and you will be pulled from selection for failure to adapt. However, knowing at least basic (read: 6 months of pimsleur and assimil with Skype time with frogs) French will make you more likely to be selected.

> you need to be a SUPER SEAL in tes of fitness
False, kind of.
Men who are desperate (read: from Somalia) will sometimes not be in good shape. The Legion understands this, and may overlook things, as the Somalian is less likely to desert than an American or Briton.
But since you are an American, you best be in the best fucking shape possible. Try for a 15 on the Lec Luger.

> >>30362932
Not for folks without military experience. If you are inexperienced and just there for adventure, they'll see you as a sheltered fuck that never really does anything.

>>30361475
Faggy FFL hype? It's very clear that it fucking sucks in terms of living
Listen OP
You will get your name changed when you sign your initial papers (5 year contract)
It will usually be random, mine had the same first and last initial as my real name. Do not be a fucking idiot and sign with your real name after this point, one fuck up and you will be dropped.
Do not lie on criminal or medical background. No, they can not see all records, sometimes juvenile dispositions will not be found. But that is only sometimes, they WILL get an FBI check of your records.
>>
>>30365669
And a couple other things

The Slav and Brazilian (and every other group) mafia WILL fuck with you in Aubagne.
DO NOT GET IN A FIGHT. YOU WILL GO CIVIL IF YOU FUCK THIS UP.

Now truth be told, I only made it because of absolute desperation. I had no money, no car, I could barely afford to eat. It took me four months to pay for my ticket and provide for a hotel. You had a cushy job and schooling, they may deny you on this alone. I will not encourage lying about your reasons to go, but I will say this: the Gestapo, your initial recruiters, and everyone else will question you and your motives for weeks. Whatever you tell them, keep your story straight.
>>
Enjoy you life in short shorts and speedos.

Good luck. Au Revoir
>>
>>30361429
The legion doesn't care about your gay surgeries. You don't need to learn French, it will be beaten into you. The minimum requirements on the physical test are low, but keep in mind that the legion doesn't need many people and they have a lot of applicants. So, you better get in fucking shape.
>>
>Giving up a nice comfortable existence
>To join the FFL
>Just because you are bored
Wow what a mistake, you could have just taken up hiking or something. Telling you now, you don't want this and you'll regret burning bridges. When you're surrounded by Nigerians who came to the FFL because they had literally nowhere else to go, you'll look back on your air-conditioned collegeboy life and wonder what you were thinking giving it up.
>>
>>30361429
Some years ago I wanted that grunt type experience, carrying packs in pouring rain being cold etc thinking I'd love it as I'd be in uniform and would enjoy it as i would be a tough soldier.
Not until you do it you realise how much you will despise every second of it and wish you were warm and dry inside watching tv or playing vidya, eating a huge hot meal.
Just be warned you may regret this.
>>
>>30361502
No you don't, but you're gonna have a hard fucking time if you can't learn it quick during basic.
>>
>>30361429
I'm going in December, it's supposedly the slowest and most sympathetic at that time.

Good luck anon, hope you make it.
>>
>>30365669
How long ago did you join? To my knowledge they haven't forced a name change for a short time now.
>>
>>30363077
kek
>>
Do you lose your American citizenship if you join the FFL?

I feel like this is something that I might want to do in the future, but fuck that shit if I lose my American Citizenship. I'd much rather just join the American military.
>>
Just join your own country's military. You can actually get a career and live close to home

Also good luck in the FFL if you can't even be arsed learning some basic french
>>
i don´t get this
why don´t just join your own army?
im sure they will be happy to send you to a conflict zone if you ask for it
also, does the murrikan army keep some kind of force to which non murrikan citizens can join?
>>
>>30366123
pls respond
>>
>>30366123
You can have a dual citizenship in the US but the issue stems from serving in another country's military. The latter revokes your citizenship IIRC but there have been exceptions in history.
>>
File: why.jpg (20 KB, 333x451) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
20 KB, 333x451
>>30366179
>join ffl
>lose your fucking american citizenship
i don't know about all that man
>>
>>30366207
Welp, did some research, and it seems like the only way you can lose your citizenship is if you revoke it, or become an officer in a foreign military. Since apparently you can your name, maybe you can circumvent that and become an officer? seems like the best bet is to just not be an NCO if possible.

So, the only thing to avoid would be becoming a paratrooper.
>>
Learn french.
Fix your teeth.
Prepare to have no privacy, extremely few days off per year and to kill yourself when you either get rejected or the cool factor washes off and you realize how overglorified the suck is.
>>
>>30366496
Embrace the suck.
>>
>>30361610
FFL unit necer were cannon fodder unit, stop spreading bullshit.
>>
>>30361429
>Am I a fucking idiot?

Yes, you're going to fight for the French, have terrible quality of living, get sent to some 3rd world shithole and get killed by a nigger and most likely your body will be left behind. When instead you could of been a Ranger or Green Beret.
>>
>>30363349
>walk into army recruiting station
>everyone is speaking spanish
And that's how I joined the navy and learned tagalog
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.