[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Automatic law in us
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.gif (64 KB, 810x238) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
64 KB, 810x238
So I'm under the impression that you can't import autos into Yanksville, but you can sell new autos in a few states. What do you slags have to say about it?
Pic not related
>>
Samefag here- is it federal law or relegated to the states?
>>
>>30359535
>you can sell new autos in a few states
lolno
>>
>>30359535
>but you can sell new autos in a few states

its against federal law but its legal at the state level in Alaska and a couple other states IIRC, so it would take a federal ATF/FBI case to properly shut you down.

and shut you down they will, since doing so is a guaranteed minimum sentence of 10 years in prison for each charge.
>>
>>30359573
Fuckin' foreign laws confuse the shit outta me. Thanks.
>>
>>30359535

If the machine gun was in the country before 1986 it's good to go as long as it was registered. If it came in after its either illegal or a dealer sample (which is not transferable unless to another FFL)
>>
File: 541.jpg (55 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
541.jpg
55 KB, 800x600
Will the full auto register will be open again, US bros ?
Apart from th USA, what country allows the possession of full auto guns ? (Like switzerland for exemple ?)
>>
>>30359611
Federal laws trump State laws. but some states tell the feds to fuck off on certain issues.

It then becomes the issue of if feds want to push the issue of their authority onto the States. Sometimes they may not have e the resources, and sometimes it may be a bad PR move.

Texas tried to pass a law that would allow state police to arrest feds enforcing gun grabbing.
>>
>>30359719
Czech Republic, Philiphines and South Africa; Sweden only for full autos with "historical value". With a licence of course.
>>
>>30359719
Finland, there's a ton of paperwork but it's possible to get permits for full autos (and mortars, rocket launchers, cannons etc. fun things), so far there are a couple legal, registered RPGs/recoilles rifles and one or two assault rifles in civilian hands, plus hundreds of legal machineguns and SMGs, a lot depends on the local police as they review all applications for firearm permits, in some jurisdictions even hunting rifle/shotgun permits are hard to get while in others it's easier to get permits for full autos (I personally know a guy who has a few full autos, DP and MG-34 among others if I am not mistaken...)
>>
>>30359746
>Texas tried to pass a law that would allow state police to arrest feds enforcing gun grabbing.
That would have been hilarious.
>entire ATF winds up in a Texas state pen
>no enforcers left
>stamp free giggle guns for all
>>
>>30359746
>>30359611
See, the thing is that almost all federal laws are based on the Commerce Clause in the Constitution, that grants the feds the power to regulate commerce between the states. Since almost everything passes between the states in commerce, the government has used this to grant itself nearly unlimited power. Courts have extended this so far that even things sold in the state they are made can be regulated under the Commerce Clause if there is an existing interstate market for that kind of goods that availability of these in-state items influences.

But theoretically, something that is only sold in the state that it is manufactured and that cannot be taken beyond state lines may be outside the scope of this power. Since newly manufactured machine guns are illegal almost everywhere, a state that legalizes them has a fairly strong argument that a machine gun made in their state and sold only to residents of that state would not be within the scope of interstate commerce because nobody who buys one can ever legally take it outside of the state or sell it to a resident of another state.
>>
>>30360262
I'd immigrate to USA just so I could settle down in a full auto -friendly Texas, the funs would make up for the infernal heat that I probably couldn't handle very well...
>>
Maybe I don't understand what this is saying but I will give you the stuff on class 3.
If your machine gun was produced before the ban and not registered before the ban in the amnesty period it is not fully transferable.
And new gun machine gun produced after the ban is only obtainable by class 3 dealers, law enforcement and military.
The only fully transferable weapons you can buy as a civilian are ones registered before the ban in the amnesty period.
States do not have a say in nfa laws.
>>
>>30359719
NZ on a collectors license.
>>
>>30361791
Where are you from, fellow winterbro?
>>
>>30364131
Winland
>>
>>30365197
Ah, I'm from the much more tame Winsconsin myself, had you pegged as a Maple leaf.
>>
>>30363475
So what happens if you pay the $3000 and get your FFL and buy your automatics, then don't pay for the consecutive year?
>>
>>30366130
They kick your shit in, kill your dog and seize your inventory.

A boating accident is not going to get you out of this one.
>>
>>30366130
They take it from you and you possibly face fines or jail time for non-compliance.
>>
>>30365197
Texan here, you get in for free if you bring Rape AKs with you and many wooman.
>>
>>30359746
Wyoming tried to make enforcing federal gun grabbing a felony as well. based state also happens to have the most NFA funs per capita.
>>
>>30359611
>Fuckin' foreign laws confuse the shit outta me

US law starts to get especially confusing when the federal government starts making laws that conflict with state law and violate the constitution.

>>30360476
>But theoretically, something that is only sold in the state that it is manufactured and that cannot be taken beyond state lines may be outside the scope of this power. Since newly manufactured machine guns are illegal almost everywhere, a state that legalizes them has a fairly strong argument that a machine gun made in their state and sold only to residents of that state would not be within the scope of interstate commerce because nobody who buys one can ever legally take it outside of the state or sell it to a resident of another state.

Under the constitution itself, that would fly perfectly. However, the supreme court long ago expanded the commerce clause to virtually unlimited scope, so now the federal gov can't just regulate actual interstate commerce, it can regulate anything that AFFECTS interstate commerce (wickard v. filburn). If they can fine a guy for growing corn in his backyard to feed his chickens because it meant he might not buy corn from across state lines, they can damn well jail you for making machine guns that are only sold inside your state.
>>
>>30366187
>fine a guy for growing corn in his backyard to feed his chickens because it meant he might not buy corn from across state lines
a fine for growing food for your animals instead of buying it from some greedy bastard? That's it, if I move to 'murica I'm going to Georgia like my 'murican friend suggested & if the feds start fucking with me I'll just make/help South rise again...
>>
>>30359535
No.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.