[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many gun shops have shitty goddamn websites? Why do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: GunComputer_SGraf.jpg (2 MB, 2594x2256) Image search: [Google]
GunComputer_SGraf.jpg
2 MB, 2594x2256
Why do so many gun shops have shitty goddamn websites?

Why do sites like Armslist have major flaws with their UI?
>This is a site for buying and selling things
>Sort by price? Who the fuck would want that?
Inb4 'computer nerds are liberal'

They aren't, most are libertarian
>>
>>30355764
Geriatric fuckstains don't know how to UI

It's the same in south florida.
>>
>>30355764
A friend of mine keeps saying that he should learn web design and just make functional websites for gun stores.
Do this and you'll be making bank.
>>
What really makes me mad is when they don't even have one.
>>
>>30355764
Because nothing will deter an american from buying a gun he wants.
>>
>>30355764
The neckbeards you associate with might be, but most lean arying degrees of left thanks to being conditioned by the 2000's internet.

Even your lolbertarian friends probably vote democrat because muh internet freedums.
>>
>>30355764

Because the skillset that makes you good at running a gun store does not overlap with the one that makes you good at running a web site.

This problem, by the way, is not unique to gun stores.

Did you really need to have this explained to you?
>>
>>30355764
>Why do so many gun shops have shitty goddamn websites?
Because most small businesses have shit websites?
You expect them to keep track of inventory like newegg or something? That's all they'd be doing is updating/managing that mess of inventory.
I'd like it if they'd just take and post a few pictures of their inventory on the wall every few weeks, just upload to photobucket/imgur album and link it for all I care, if that's easier.
>>
>local gunshop
>scope it out online
>shit ton of variety
>go check it out in person
>store has maybe 20 guns total
>glocks, 10/22's, shotgun, Taurus.
>disappointed.
>>
>>30355764
Have you ever haggled with a gun shop owner? They have shit website because they won't pay for good ones.
>>
>>30356345
>>30356633
>>30357879
These are all fantastic points.

>>30355764
>>30355894
Reminder that good user design isn't something that can be taught and has only minor overlap with web development and programming.
>>
>>30355764

Armslist's UI used to be simple and usable, like Craigslist, but then a few months ago they decided to go all "Web 2.0" and make it all worse.
>>
>>30361154
the power search option still exists but you need to manually type it in
>>
>>30361154
No shit? That's fuckin gay.

Really, every website should be Craigslist. Or an anonymous imageboard. Everything else should be purged.
>>
>>30355764
They shitty quality of the sites is representative of the shitty quality of most gun shops
>>
I hate it when local shops use a Gearfire website then I go in thinking they have something in their inventory that they don't.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.