[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think or cornyn's gun control bill that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: gadsden-flag.gay-rainbow.png (136 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
gadsden-flag.gay-rainbow.png
136 KB, 1024x682
What do you guys think or cornyn's gun control bill that got voted down by the Senate dems? I think it was the only bill that was reasonable. What the bill said was that of someone who had been on the terror watch list in the last 5 years attempts to buy a gun at an ffl, proper alphabet organizations are notified and the sale can be postponed up to 72 hours, after 72 hours a warrant must be obtained to postpone the sale any further.

Every senate Democrat voted against this bill
>>
Dealer here.

During a Delay status, the FBI has 3 business days to contact us on whether or not you can proceed with the transfer or not. If you do not hear back from them in that time, you may transfer the firearm. Afterward it sits there as an "open" status while they continue investigation. The open status expires after 30 days. more often than not, there is no resolution in the 3 day period.

Sometimes after the transfer is made, I get a call that so and so has been denied and to contact them to have them return the firearm.

The delay in order to further investigate hardly works and would just take up more time and resources if we had a list involved that you can be put on for no reason.
>>
>>30354494

Does the Congress think that the FBI or the NSA is some magical organization with a limitless number of personnel?

What would the fucking FBI or NSA DO to clear these people? Maybe, I don't know, just see if they have any felonies or domestic abuse charges or have committed any crimes with outstanding warrants, like a normal fucking background check?

Yes, the background check process is pretty quick, because it's literally "is this person guilty of any crime that would deny them a firearm? (Yes/No)

If yes: Deny them a firearm purchase.

If no: please see "innocent until proven guilty" and allow them to purchase a firearm.
>>
I thought Cornyn's bill seemed pretty reasonable until I gave it some thought and realized it would be pretty useless in the long run due to:

>>30354561
>If no: please see "innocent until proven guilty" and allow them to purchase a firearm.

Until there's some form of due process involved in getting put on/taken off of the terror watch list or no-fly list, I can't see myself supporting anything similar to these bills that died in congress.
>>
SHALL
>>
File: 1465933851938.jpg (47 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1465933851938.jpg
47 KB, 640x427
>>30354494
The way I interpreted that is that after 3 days they have to bring whatever they have laying around before a judge and lay it out, and if it equals "probable cause," then the person is denied, without needing a prior conviction.

It makes sense to me on the basis that it stops terrorists from acquiring guns via FFLs, but also stops the government from fulfilling Feinstein's wet dream of having a classified list, where all you need to do is throw someone's name on there and they're banned for life from having a gun, with no checks/balances on it. From a constitutional standpoint, her proposal is absolutely terrifying, and it makes it blatantly clear that these people want to treat all gun owners as criminals. I'm more frightened by the idea of a bunch of ivory tower assholes with body guards stripping people of their rights than I am of a "lone wolf".
>>
That one not reasonable at all
The one where you had the option to challenge mental health rulings was reasonable
>>
File: 1381090065421.jpg (202 KB, 728x675) Image search: [Google]
1381090065421.jpg
202 KB, 728x675
I dont think any are reasonable, pretty sure a delay counts as a form of infringement.
>>
Same thing with their call for preventing people with "mental problems" from owning guns. Who decides what qualifies? John Q Public has OCD and is compelled to wash his hands frequently? NO GUNS FOR YOU, DANGEROUSLY SANITARY PERSON!
>>
File: nra-feinstein.jpg (63 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
nra-feinstein.jpg
63 KB, 600x600
>>30354691
That one fucking killed me. The GOP bill would have clarified that "adjudicated" needs to involve a court (because FUCKING NO SHIT, SHERLOCKS), given people a day in court to challenge an adjudication, and allowed them to recoop legal fees. Dems didn't want to give people due process, because then it would be harder to take their guns.

The mind fucking reels. How in the fuck can they possibly think it's OK to take someone's rights without due process? It's as if their feelings have more legal rights than a human being.
>>
>>30354711
Didn't one of the dems Go on TV and bitch about due process existing?
>>
>>30354731
Yeah, a senator said due process was holding America back, which I figure you probably shouldn't be allowed to say as an elected representative, if there was any justice.
>>
>>30354921
Yea, the founders would have wanted him tarred and feathered
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.