[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Middle East Thread "SAA was never good EDITION"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 88
File: S60.jpg (367 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
S60.jpg
367 KB, 2048x1536
>Russian cluster bombs in Syria: Issues, challenges and puzzles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWjOZ5MoxNw
>>
What happens when Assad dies? Will it just be a Russian-propped dictator muscling against an American-puppet dictator, or will the Kurds be on their own with Nusra and ISIS?

Also for some reason the Lions of Rojava website looks like it's been shut down. No more western recruits for the Kurds in Syria, at least through that method.
>>
Looks like the SAA has been completely routed from Raqqa while shiite militias in South Aleppo are getting pummeled.

Things aren't looking good for the regime atm
>>
>>30353663
They will most likely retain the bath party structure but will either have a family member or his second in command fill in the spot. I havent done much research but it'd be good insight into what you're wondering by finding out how much of an education in running the country Bashar's kids have received.

>>30353677
Their misfortunes are only temporary. The sand storm has allowed ISIL to move freely without the risk of airstrikes. They're hoping to push as far as possible to create a buffer for when the airstrikes resume.
>>
>>30353663
A Russian propped dictator would be best and most likely for Syria at this point. They need a strong leader to actively fight against the Islamic influences in the nation, to preserve what civility exists in Assad controlled Syria.

>>30353766
Bashar is already the propped up family member. His brother died and he was taken from a career as a doctor and put in charge of a nation he honestly was incapable of leading properly. His predecessors had always ruled with an iron hand and violently stopped any Islamic insurrections, but by all means Bashar has been far too soft for it. Had he acted like those before him, he probably could have stopped the US-provoked insurrections occuring in the country.
>>
>>30353840
Yes I am aware of that, but the premise of my post was that if Bashars kids are being groomed to be the next leader(due to Bashar knowing first hand about not being prepared to rule a country), there won't be a puppet Russian leader or his second in command taking the reigns of the Bath party.
>>
>>30353867
Bashar at this point is very much propped up by Russia though. The SAA would probably have fallen already without Russian support and it's clear who wears the pants in that relationship.
>>
File: t_907.jpg (140 KB, 807x605) Image search: [Google]
t_907.jpg
140 KB, 807x605
>>30353603

I still don't understand how they're suddenly able to go for Raqqa after the situation in Aleppo.
>>
>>30353935
Different fronts, mate. No point in concentrating all your forces on one point, especially when the enemy is numerous, everywhere and you have fire superiority. Though it might be a sign that they've finally gained more worthwile units to use in offensives, since in the past years the only ones capable of it seem to have been the Tigers, Cheetahs and whatever animals they named their "special forces" as.
>>
>>30353935
They concentrate on the biggest threat, ISIS, and pummel it to the ground before concentrating on the rebels.
They must think it will be easy to regain lost ground, And in Aleppo they only lose crappy Shia militias so their defeat is not that costly.
>>
>>30353935
>after the situation in Aleppo.
they just won big time in Aleppo though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gKzmtDZptE
>>
File: 0_d0339_6a23e8ea_XXL.jpg (390 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
0_d0339_6a23e8ea_XXL.jpg
390 KB, 1024x576
>>30353957
>>30354106
>>30354115

Last I heard they're having to pull back, apparently the Raqqa/Tabqa offensive might be called off.

If I were high up in the Syrian command structure I would focus everything on Aleppo, it's a bigger threat and the SDF is already fighting north of Raqqa.

Plebbit's r/SyrianCivilWar is a good place for news and discussion btw
>>
>>30354213
>Plebbit's r/SyrianCivilWar is a good place for news and discussion btw
I prefer >>>/pol/sg
Eh is a pretty cool thread, cooridnates airstrikes and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>30353603

Who the fuck is getting bombed in that video?
>>
>>30354213
Its a good place for news but a bad place for discussions. Its an Kurdish circle jerk as much as /pol/sg is regime circle jerk.
>>
>>30354355
Reddit is a horrible place for discussions on any sort and the regime is the best option for Syria. The Kurds are their own thing together and it'll remain to be seen what happens to them after the war, whether they're given autonomy or not.
>>
>>30354367
Regime got Syria to where it is, ether through incompetence or malice.
>>
>>30354404
No. Islamists and US undermining got Syria to the point it is now. As well as Bashar being far too soft on the Islamic rebels. His predecessors had always dealt with the rising religious insurrections with an iron fist, but Bashar, who originally was not even intended to rule did not do so, allowing the rebellion to gain traction. Even the shootings at the protests during the Arab spring are suspicious. Unknown, masked gunmen opening fire on the police from amidst seemingly peaceful protesters. Same thing occured in Libya and Ukraine. Only in Syria, Assad punished those responsible for opening fire on the crowd.

As stated in Hillary's leaked emails, it is in the US' best interest to undermine Syria and as can be clearly seen by US support to "moderate" rebels, clearly that is what the US government has been doing.

>The best way to help Israel deal with Iran's growing nuclear capability is to help the people of Syria overthrow the regime of Bashar Assad.

>Bringing down Assad would not only be a massive boon to Israel's security, it would also ease Israel's understandable fear of losing its nuclear monopoly. Then, Israel and the United States might be able to develop a common view of when the Iranian program is so dangerous that military action could be warranted. Right now, it is the combination of Iran's strategic alliance with Syria and the steady progress in Iran's nuclear enrichment program that has led Israeli leaders to contemplate a surprise attack — if necessary over the objections of Washington. With Assad gone, and Iran no longer able to threaten Israel through its, proxies, it is possible that the

https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/18328

The Regime is the only hope of keeping Syria as anything resembling a civilized nation. All one has to do to see this is compare life in Islamic held areas to that in the Assad held ones.
>>
File: bmt72-05l.jpg (149 KB, 1600x674) Image search: [Google]
bmt72-05l.jpg
149 KB, 1600x674
>>30354432

Pretty much this.

I'm no fan of Baathism but pinning the blame for the war on Assad is disingenuous.
>>
>>30354432
This is just another series of US led coups in the world. I just don't understand why the public is so blind to all of this shit.
>>
>>30354516
Because they trust the mainstream media that has told them their entire lives that they are the Good Guys, fighting for Democracy and Freedom. It's completely beyond them that their superpower might take part in a superpower's politics.
I dare you to find neutral, realistic views on Syria in the mainstream media.
>>
>>30354432
Islamists weren't an organized force when the protests started. When the protests started the people were asking for political and economic reform, end to corruption. They were asking for the same thing people always ask when they start protesting. Instead of embracing the protesters, like Jordanian, Omani and Moroccan kings did, he declared protests as "foreign conspiracy", than the protesters started demanding for his resignation, he ordered the secret police to end the protests through violence and when they couldn't he ordered his brother with an armored division into Daraa. He saw what was happening in other Arab countries, people saw change through protests and wanted the same in Syria. Islamists weren't a relevant force at the start of the protests, they weren't a relevant force in the first months of the war. They became relevant when war got in full swing because of their military capabilities. Assad wanted to play a dictator and protect the power of his "sect". He overestimated his capability, underestimated the power of the people and now all of Syria is paying for his incompetence.

Sent to Hillary and by same conspiracy token one can claim that by starting a civil war and targeting Sunnis in a "genocidal" campaign design to drive them out of the country Iran and Assad are trying to cement the Shia crescent in order to allow the Iranians to threaten the Saudis and fulfill their territorial ambitions in the Gulf at the expense of Qatar and Bahrain.

One example of facing the same protests Assad did is Tito in Yugoslavia in 1968, students came out demanding change and end to corruption, and Tito came out on TV and said that the students were right, fired few high ranking communist and made public shows of fighting corruption.

One only needs to compere the methods of dealing with public descent in rebel areas and in regime areas. 100 days of protests against Nusra in Maarat al-Numan and no one has sent tanks to kill them.
>>
>>30354610
>Islamists weren't a relevant force at the start of the protests
They were always a relevant force. Nothing speaks of this as much as the results of the Arab Spring eating its own children in other Islamic countries. Libya is now under Islamic hands, Egypt destabilized, but with a heavy military hand was secured. Has democracy succeeded at improving life even once in an Islamic country, instead of turning it into a religious cesspit?

>he ordered the secret police to end the protests through violence
I'm certain you have ample evidence for your claims. Would you mind posting them?

>Sent to Hillary..
Certainly. Sunnis and shias are traditional enemies and the Saudi power block is eternally at conflict with the Iranese one. I'm certain we'll be seeing a transfer of power, or atleast a weakening of the Saudis' grasp as time goes on as even the US at this point is turning on them, with the Saudis manipulating oil prices to the detriment of much of the world and the US fracking industry. As well as the threats of releasing the 28 confidential pages of the 9/11 reports that are speculated to indiscriminate Saudi officials.

>One example of facing the same protests Assad did is Tito in Yugoslavia in 1968corruption.
I will claim that they're utterly uncomparable as Yugoslavia was not an Islamic country. Neither were the Yugoslavian protests violent, as far as I know. If the protests in Daraa were nonviolent, why were they burning government buildings and why were 7 police killed?
Why can I not find information on the dead officers in any popular, Western mainstream media? Are the Israeli and Arab news spreading misinformation on it?
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/143026#.Uzvi_PmSyXp

Al-Nusra can't afford to use its military might to vanquish protests, nor are they an issue. I'm certain they would if they could anyway.
>>
>>30354610
Don't kid yourself, the Muslim brotherhood was always sulking around in the shadows ever since Hafez Assad btfo them, they saw their opportunity and went for it in '11, granted, the protests were much bigger than that, Syrians of all stripes and ideologies were out on the streets, but to deny the coordinated and carefully executed attacks and ambushes done against the police and military right when the protests started, as well as other false flag operations shows either mal intent or incompetence.
>>
>>30354729
Surprising that it was the "secularist" Hafter that lunched the coup against an elected government demanding elections and splinting the country in two. Or that it was Sisi who needed to use tanks to crush protesters. I think everyone can agree that Tunis is the only success story of Arab spring. It was a country where Islamists won the election, governed for the full length of term and when they lost the election steeped down and allowed a new government to form. So the only country where Islamists weren't forced at a gun point is the only country that is democratic and improving.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2011/09/28/report-teenage-syrian-girl-decapitated-by-assads-secret-police/
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/20/world/syria-torture-photos-amanpour/
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2011/05/201153185927813389.html
Or just type in Cesar report, Syrian secret police torture

Its the Iranians that needed to be directly involved to save their proxies. And while Saudi influence will probably be reduced the Syrian war has created a Turksih-Saudi alliance. Also low oil prices are good for the economy, especially the US economy since the oil sector is small part of US economy and reduction in oil price while bad for the oil sector is a huge boost for all other sectors of the economy. There are many scientific papers written that show a negative relationship between oil prices and economic growth in all countries except in countries where oil sector is the key sector of the economy.

Religion is irrelevant. I refereed to Yugoslavia because 68 protests were based on the same foundation as Arab spring protests. After WW2 Yugo saw a large population growth and economic expansion. By 68 there was a large young population facing a slowdown in the economy and seeing "open" corruption among the ruling class. It was the same situation as in Arab world in 2010. The difference is that Tito embraced the protesters and the police didn't fire on them.
>>
>>30354963
>Religion is irrelevant.
Islam is more than just a religion in the Middle-East. It's the primary force behind their entire culture.
>>
>>30354793
There were more Syrian MB members in Europe than in Syria. If they were a political force of any significance they would have created a powerful military when the war started. God knows that they would have had unlimited Turkish support. Instead they created a small militia, Shields of the Revolution Council, and even that broke apart. Their strong presence among Syria political dissidents exiled in Europe did allow them to dominate the Syrian National Council, but we all know how relevant SNC is.

This is all getting way to political for /k/ so good luck to all you guys, thx for nice discussion, I am out.
>>
>>30354963
>Or just type in Cesar report, Syrian secret police torture
Not secret police and as far as I can tell with a surface glance, not even evidence of widespread torture. Possibly evidence of murdering dissidents by some parts of the Syrian government, but by far not evidence of Assad ordering the secret police to put down the protests with violence.
>>
>>30353840
>we have to fight against islamic influences
>in a muslim country
What the fuck?
Why are people so delusional when it comes to shit like this? Whatever happened to freedom of choice? The right to self determination?
If Muslims want an islamic country who the fuck are you or any other country to say otherwise?
Is democracy only applicable for western countries? Freedom for us but fuck everyone else? Thats the most unamerican shit I have ever heard. It makes me sad knowing people have become so desensitized to this type of thinking.
>>
File: 1464739262512.gif (333 KB, 289x149) Image search: [Google]
1464739262512.gif
333 KB, 289x149
>>30355220
Not him, but as an inhabitant of a Western country, I largely prefer non-Islamic countries as radical Islamists are way too eager to go JIHAD!!! and bomb the shit of moderate people.
So even if the Muslims really want an Islamic state I say fuck you, you will have a shitty Western democracy like everyone else.
Call me selfish if you want, for me it is only pragmatism.

Now this is becoming way too close to a /pol/ debate, as ever.
>>
>>30353603
What's all the fuzz with clusters? Turks are even using it against their own cities in East Turkey right now
>>
File: based alawis.jpg (77 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
based alawis.jpg
77 KB, 620x387
>>30355220
>Syria
>muslim country

Syria was never a Muslim country you uneducated fuck, there's just a lot of Muslims living there

Syria has always been a secular state, those Sunni Arabs have always been opressed. For a reason as you can clearly see, looking at ISIL, Al-Nusra and FSA.
>>
>>30355400
yea and israel used white phosphorous on palestinians too, but nobody bats an eye. Double standard at its finest
>>
File: sirnak.jpg (187 KB, 1580x902) Image search: [Google]
sirnak.jpg
187 KB, 1580x902
>>30355420
Well it's not Israel's own cities, is it? They're bombing Gaza and what not

Turkey's bombing it's East, that's like the US dropping clusters over San Francisco and Las Vegas, because some Latinos start chimping out

Fucked up shit that shouldn't happen to a NATO ally, those cities have also a high Turkish population, it's not like there's only Kurds living there

pic related
>>
>>30355482
>because some Latinos start chimping out
Except latinos arent extremist communists who plant car bombs at police stations and fuel civil wars on their borders, trying to carve out their own autonomous state.
>>
>>30355638
>autonomous state

That's not what they actually want, how about you read some shit about the Kurds. They want autonomy on a communal level, in Turkey and in Syria. That's why Assad is calling the YPG a part of the Syrian state. They are formed conform to Syrian law.

>fuel civil wars

are you really this retarded? are you talking about Syria? You mean, by fighting ISIS, Al-Nusra and islamist FSA parts, they are "fueling the civil war"?
>>
>>30355638
>implying dropping a shitload of bombs on towns and cities within the own country isn't fueling civil war, or even a good reaction to car bombs
that's the fucking definition of "fueling a civil war" m8
>>
File: turkposting.gif (639 KB, 765x759) Image search: [Google]
turkposting.gif
639 KB, 765x759
>>30355638
>>
>>30355693
>siding with commies
Delete your account
>>30355672
>We want autonomy!
>Therefore we shall blow up police stations and bus stations instead of taking political action!
Turkey only bombed them after they started shit, nobody made them turn treasonous and kill innocent people.
>>
File: scum.jpg (61 KB, 800x463) Image search: [Google]
scum.jpg
61 KB, 800x463
>>30355760
>commies
delete your face, you're either uninformed or a fucking propaganda fed roach

>implying Erdogan didn't start the war to turn people on Kurdish HDP, which got seats in the turkish parliament as the first Kurdish party ever, and made him loose his absolute majority

also
>innocent people

Turkey's civilian frag score reached the 1k like a month ago
>>
>>30355760
>HDP gains 13% in July '15
>AKP drops under 51% and can't change constitution, like planned
>1 week later, Turkey ends peace talks with PKK and starts war by bombing civilian areas in east turkish cities and pkk camps in northern iraq
>"look Kurds, that's what you get for voting HDP"
>Erdogan sets new votes for November 2015
>gains majority again

Are you really that fucking delusional to believe the PKK would have had the slightest interest in starting another war with Turkey?
>>
Well this thread is shit. Have fun with it getting deleted
>>
>>30355888
people are discussing the middle east, where's the problem. who gives a fuck what south syrian shithole just got bombed by the ruaf, and who's the new commander of some FSA sect
>>
>>30355901
That's what people on /k/ want. If you want ANOTHER debate over who is the shittiest between the Turks and the Kurds, go on another board.

Also, on /k/ alone this debate seems to come up like 4 times a week without anyone changing his opinion on the matter, so I highly doubt that this time it will be less pointless than the others.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-21+at+12.15.43).jpg (83 KB, 755x596) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-21+at+12.15.43).jpg
83 KB, 755x596
As probably expected ISIS keeps their best troops near Raqqa.

Group of 3 T-72s and infantry staged a counter attack on SAA heading towards Tabqa.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-21+at+12.13.01).jpg (268 KB, 1053x697) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-21+at+12.13.01).jpg
268 KB, 1053x697
BMP 73mm Grom cannon mounted on a trolley by ISIS, captured in Fallujah.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-20+at+09.37.00).jpg (248 KB, 1131x634) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-20+at+09.37.00).jpg
248 KB, 1131x634
ISIS Fagot ATGM use in the desert
>>
>>30355672
If Texas said that they want a new political order in which only the laws of Texas applied to Texas and there were no federal laws how would you describe that? The way I see it Kurds want the same thing southern states wanted just for different reasons.

>>30355804
a) AKP needed 66% of the vote for new constitution
b) PKK executed two cops, claim responsibility
c) President Erdogan called for new elections after no party managed to form a government after prescribed time limit as he is mandated by law.

PKK probably though that the sympathy they get from the wast would matter. Or some local commander thought it was a good idea to execute two cops. Ether way PKK fucked up big time.
>>
>>30356045
Is that a camouflaged bowler hat?
>>
File: 1457883078903.gif (2 MB, 320x384) Image search: [Google]
1457883078903.gif
2 MB, 320x384
>>30356045
>tactical fedora
m'slave
>>
File: 2314612235.jpg (132 KB, 1392x472) Image search: [Google]
2314612235.jpg
132 KB, 1392x472
>>30353603
>>30354307

>They know who
>>
File: 220px-Maher_al-Assad.jpg (16 KB, 220x252) Image search: [Google]
220px-Maher_al-Assad.jpg
16 KB, 220x252
>>30353663
thats when assad number 2 comes in

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maher_al-Assad
>>
>>30356055
PKK didn't execute 2 cops, YDG executed 2 cops. That's a Kurdish youth organization, they are ofc PKK affiliated, but still independent. They got in trouble with the PKK itself before, after they set up militias and started rioting in Cizre in 2011. The PKK was furious and a direct order from Öcalan stopped the violence. Same after those 2 cops were executed. They did that because there was a horrific bombing in Suruc, and claimed those particular 2 officers had a part of the guilt. But even that is not a reason to let such a horrifying conflict like the Turkish civil war go hot again.
Btw, Öcalan is furious again and openly attacking the PKK leaders, for even reacting to the Turkish attacks. Yes, the PKK fucked up. But the Turkish state is fucking criminal, and on it's way to an islamic state itself.

And there were possibilities to form a government with the CHP, but it's not like Erdogan would have had any interest in that.

>same thing southern states wanted

No, that's totally different. Totally. What PKK wants is more like what Scotland or Northern Ireland are to the UK. Like i said, just look at Syria and the YPG.
>>
File: ypg-rojava.jpg (145 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
ypg-rojava.jpg
145 KB, 540x960
>>30353603

This is ISIS weaponry seized by YPG troops around Manbij.

It's Turkish made M72 LAWs, "HAR-66".

Just another proof for Turkey supplying ISIS.
>>
>>30356016
How competent are ISIS T-72 crews and tank crews in general? From what I understand, they are defected SAA troops, so they are fairly shit like most Arab tank crews.
>>
File: Toyota Land Cruiser 73mm.png (1 MB, 1216x710) Image search: [Google]
Toyota Land Cruiser 73mm.png
1 MB, 1216x710
>>30356034
My favourite nig-rigged 73mm is pic related.
>>
File: 1450182172882.jpg (568 KB, 800x933) Image search: [Google]
1450182172882.jpg
568 KB, 800x933
>>30356256
>>
>>30356241
During a ground offensive it is known to have taken them between 2 - 3 minutes to reload, so basically not great.
>>
>>30356282
i remember a /k/ommando who posted pics and reported about his time fighting with the Kurds, he said they were attacked by a large number of isis rats once, supported by a t-64. they managed to shoot like 8x in half an hour, then it was destroyed by a coalition jet.
>>
>>30356142
Dude PKK "aligned" group executed two cops, their claims are irrelevant. If Nusra executed two cops in US do you honestly think anyone in the US would say that Al-Qaida wasn't involved. The all function under the same political umbrella, fallow the same ideology and answer to same leaders.

Forming the government had nothing to do with Erdogan. Had someone brought him the list and he refused to name the PM than it would have something to do with him but after first election the only majority combinations were AKP-CHP; AKP-MHP; AKP-HDP and CHP-MHP-HDP. CHP-HDP didn't have the majority in the Parliament.

Also Turkish state isn't becoming an Islamic state. While AKP has continued the long tradition of jailing journalists everything else they have done has mainly been the reversal of enforced secularism. Allowing women to wear a scarf and attend university isn't making a state Islamic anymore that allowing people to wear a crucifix at university in US is making US a christian theocracy.

The biggest issue is issue of sovereignty. The fact that SDF several times stated that Assad has no say in who operates with SDF, the fact that SDF considers its laws above the laws of state indicates that SDF considers itself sovereign and while they remain part of Syria, by proclaiming themselves sovereign they give themselves the right to change their opinion of Syrian integrity in the future. That's why I said Kurdish demand resemble southern state demands. If Kurds wanted to be like Scotland is to UK than KRG would have no rights except given to them by Baghdad, the same would apply to SDF, only rights given by Damascus and thereby the "rights" aren't rights but privileges or administrative decisions which are at disposition of State Parliament to revoke, alter or suspend. And I doubt that that's what KRG, SDF, PKK are asking for, certainly isn't with their actions and statements.
>>
File: ISIS T62.png (1 MB, 1017x570) Image search: [Google]
ISIS T62.png
1 MB, 1017x570
>>30356282
>>30356327
Was the autoloader broken or something?

I know the T-62 was ridiculously cramped and slow to reload, aslong with the T-55 but it was never Arab tier slow reload rate.
>>
>>30356327
Only Kongo and ex-Soviet republics operate/ed T-64. Plus the T-64 factory is in Ukraine so I doubt that ISIS had a T-64
>>
File: Arians.jpg (98 KB, 960x956) Image search: [Google]
Arians.jpg
98 KB, 960x956
>>30356130

http://amaqagency.ch/v/Tho20062016.mp4
>>
>>30356437
One explanation I heard was that SAA pulled back because of sand storm, they didn't want to expose their supply lines to ISIS hit and run attacks. Anyone know if this is true? Was there a large sand storm, because that video looks clean. No sign of bad whether.
>>
>>30356405
>>30356427
Maybe i don't recall the type of tank correctly, that thread was last winter. But i'm pretty sure he said 8 shots in like 30 minutes.
>>
>>30356282
>>30356241
Info is basically unknown and assumingly it varies greatly. From a crew who may be competent to total green nobodies
>>
>>30353663
Same thing that happened when his father died.
>>
>>30354213
Geopolitics is what is keeping the SAA from attacking Aleppo Province.

Turks and Saudis very nearly invaded in February.
>>
>>30356208
More like proof Turkey is bankrolling northern rebels, which is already known.
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 800x533
>>30354404
>foreign nations totally didn't have a part in fucking up Syria
>>
>>30356208
i like when turkroaches come to /k/, posting pictures of M4s and M16s being seized by the Turkish army as proof for the US directly supplying the pkk. There's like a hundred other plausible explanations for that. But when there's weapons produced in turkey being found among isis corpses and positions, there's actually not that much room for interpretation. turkey is supplying them.
>>
>>30355638
>implying latinos don't do that
>>
>>30356502
They were trying to cut the road to Aleppo few days ago.
>>
On slightly related news, 6 jordanian border guards were killed by a car bomb near refugee camps

Fucking Isis.
>>
>>30356208
Turkey literally funds/funded Al-Nusra.

Al-Nusra = ISIS 2011-2013.

It is semantics of Turks and NATO shills when they say that ISIS' rise was not helped by Western powers.
>>
>>30356514
>there's weapons produced in turkey being found among isis corpses and positions, there's actually not that much room for interpretation. turkey is supplying them

Uhh there is easy as fuck explanation much simpler than Turkey supplying ISIS nerd.

Remember the back and forth pendulum of ISIS fucking up northern rebels, overrunning positions, and nearly threatening Azaz and Marea?

Yeah they posted many loot pictures from those attacks. You think capturing 6 LAWs from blatantly Turk backed rebels is out of the question?
It's occam's razor
>>
>>30356514
Well when NATO supply PKK with Milans, Panzerfausts and other advance weapons there is no reason for Turkey not to supply ISIS.
>>
>>30356536
I'd be curious for any legitimate citations
>>
>>30356521
Nothing of the size of the February Aleppo offensive has taken place.

There's always been "talk" of one, but the US brings up the "ceasefire" and the operation stops.
>>
>>30356561
>The group originated as Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad in 1999, which pledged allegiance to al-Qaeda and participated in the Iraqi insurgency following the March 2003 invasion of Iraq by Western forces. Joining other Sunni insurgent groups to form the Mujahideen Shura Council, this group proclaimed the formation of the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI) in October 2006. In August 2011, following the outbreak of the Syrian Civil War, ISI, under the leadership of al-Baghdadi, delegated a mission into Syria, which under the name Jabhat an-Nuṣrah li-Ahli ash-Shām (or al-Nusra Front) established a large presence in Sunni-majority Al-Raqqah, Idlib, Deir ez-Zor, and Aleppo provinces. The merger of ISI with al-Nusra Front to form the "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant" (ISIL), as announced in April 2013 by al-Baghdadi, was however rejected by al-Nusra leader al-Julani, and by al-Qaeda leader al-Zawahiri who subsequently cut all ties with ISIL, in February 2014.[3][54][55][56]
>>
>>30356538
>occam's razor
speaking solely of my post, yes. but i wasn't referring just to that picture, there's tons of other reports that proof turkey's support of isis at least untill the end of 2015. they had freedom of movement and could bring thousands of foreigners in, they were treated for free in Turkish hospitals, and there were more than enough reports of Turkish supplies being found.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tosgw2HZehQ

>>30356544
>turkposting this hard
>>
>>30356577
Maybe I should be more specific I didnt need a copy paste from wiki, I meant Turkey "LITTERALLY" directly supplying Al Nusra
>>
>>30356536
Among Islamists; Turkey funds Ahrar, Saudis JAI, Qatar Nusra although Nusra has large private sources and mainly gets money from Qatar through Qatar ransoming westerners and other "endanger" groups of individuals
>>
>>30356591
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Nusra_Front

Go to the "external support" page.
>>
I think it's fine when you talk about who Turkey -really- funds, cause it is pretty out there info at this point; Turkmen islamists, FSA groups, Ahrar al Sham. I find it disingenuous and dumb when it gets extended to suddenly supporting Nusra and ISIS too. It's just getting too tinfoil, especially when the real truth is pretty simple. Agree or disagree with Turkey's bizarre aggressive current foreign policy.
>>
>>30356514
>Anyone who disagrees with me is part of a collective group that adheres to my strawman argument
fuck off lmao
>>
>>30356606
You're using Wikipedia to try and win, c'mon now. Yes Turkey does fund groupings within Jaish al Fateh. Does this strengthen Al Nusra's position? Yeah probably since they are a collective playing with each other. Does this mean Turkey -directly- funds Al Nusra? No not really. I can see the stretch, but I like sticking to absolute truths.
>>
File: 1454204007573.jpg (20 KB, 619x619) Image search: [Google]
1454204007573.jpg
20 KB, 619x619
>>30356615
>anyone who disagrees
Are you retarded? there's literally been Turks coming to /k/, opening threads by posting pictures of M4 rifles seized by the Turkish army, stating that the US are directly supplying the PKK.
>>
>>30356405
You have to remember that the majority of crews in syria have not had training or had never crewed a tank before. They have basically acquired these tanks when they get abandoned.
>>
>>30356640
Alright. Here are the sources from the wikipedia page my PROOFS anon.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/syria-crisis-turkey-and-saudi-arabia-shock-western-countries-by-supporting-anti-assad-jihadists-10242747.html

>No not really.

What? So if I give Gazprom a billion dollars, I'm not "directly funding" the Russian government?
>>
>>30356703
Which suggests these tanks had problems with them to begin with. I can't see them being maintained to well either.
>>
File: 1350343186999.jpg (38 KB, 501x648) Image search: [Google]
1350343186999.jpg
38 KB, 501x648
French company Lafarge paid taxes to ISIS in 2013 and 2014.
>>
>>30356917
Already over
>>
>>30356917
If you have to ask about physical requirements, you're too fat.
>>
SAA thrown back by three fucking tanks.
Russian reporter describes the catastrophy.
http://syria.liveuamap.com/en/2016/21-june-russian-reporter-roman-saponkov-saying-about-catastrophe
>>
>>30356716
>proofs
>independent.co.uk
No.
>>
>>30354516
They think all that shit just magically stopped when the cold war ended.
>>
>5 Star General missing
>R.Updater on a break
>Thread now overwhelmed by /pol/ shitposting.

This didn't take long.
>>
>>30357929
Right, because with the missing updates from twitter every few hours, there's reeeeeeeally something missing.

People discuss, where the fuck is the problem. As far as i can see, the /pol/ tier shitposting is not that much.
>>
>>30357071
is there any translation for that? i can't read cheeki breeki
>>
>>30358163
from some ruskie on r/scw

Ok, so here are the main points
Shortly before 19:00 The Desert Hawks left their positions to be deployed elsewhere.
ISIS attacked 2 hours after I left (about 19:00).
SAA thrown back 15-20 km.
2-3 km into Aleppo province is where the SAA is at right now, in other words in longer in Raqqa province.
Next, ISIS performed a night attack in the vicinity of the "SyriaTel" point. Dozens of ISIS car bombs hit posts with 50-100 people each. "We can talk about hundreds of casualties" is what he said, in addition.
The SAA is trying to hold ground at the "SyriaTel" point.
Currently, the group has ceased to exist as a striking force, and is forced to go full on defensive.
It is unclear if there is an encirclement, and how many people are inside.
(Edit: There is an update at the bottom of the FB post from here: "As of current information on 21/06, there is no encirclement".)
Simultaneous night attack on Palmyra, in which several points and "grain silos" were taken.
We saw a tank shooting at the road to Aleppo from Salamia (?) when we were riding to Assyria. On our way back we were shot at with light arms.
In total, there is a sense that the problems are only just beginning.
He also writes that he can't say more, due to the fact that this is tactical info and could get into the wrong hands.
That is pretty much it.
>>
>>30357929
>Literally the same normal amount of shitposting as any ME general
Why are tripcocksuckers so pathetic?
>>
The T-90 captured in N. Aleppo will go to Nusra, second Nusra T-90. THe story goes Nusra overran SAA position, and continued advancing. Zinki came in after and towed the tank back to their shop. Nusra got a sharia court to make Zinki return the tank. Probably should be noted that these Sharia courts act independently of any group and are used to settle disputes between different groups.

https://twitter.com/thomasjoscelyn/status/745338477949091842
>>
Iraqi general claiming 2500 ISIS KIA in Falluja
https://www.yahoo.com/news/iraqi-general-2500-fighters-killed-052526627.html
>>
SAA advances in E. Ghouta taking al-Bahariyah town, its in eastern part of the pocket. But I have also seen a report somewhere that JAI recaptured the hill next to the town so probably wait for few hours to see where the line stabilizes.
>>
File: iraqi army.jpg (56 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
iraqi army.jpg
56 KB, 640x640
>>30358372

This is what i always think of when i read something about Iraqi generals and their reports.
>>
>>30358422
Few days ago they were saying they killed 500, now its 2500. Knowing the Iraqis they couldn't have added 2k even if they were shooting civilians.
>>
>>30358210
Damn sneaky sneaky ISIS night attack. Neat they can still pull this kind of military stuff off.
>>
>>30358422
I know that second flag is some Shia group's, anyone know which one?
>>
>>30358087
kill yourself faggot

>>30357929
it's sad, these generals were comfy af but now they've been overrun by angry shitposting retards who don't realise these threads are for military developments not political arguments.
>>
>>30358629
you are contributing to nothing stop posting nerd
>>
>>30358352
can Nusra use these t-90 tanks in the future or would they require maintenance and crew training beyond their capabilities?
>>
>>30358656
Probably, I mean how hard can basic maintenance on T-90 be compared to T-72. Spear parts are going to be a problem but still for the mechanized assaults Nusra seems to be employing having 2 T-90 leading the charge even in few battle could considerably improve their success chance and demoralize the enemy.
>>
File: mi-24p cañon.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
mi-24p cañon.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>30358720
nahh they are going to be cannon fodder for russian mi mi mi's
>>
File: 14662470280630.png (48 KB, 251x222) Image search: [Google]
14662470280630.png
48 KB, 251x222
>Al-Nusra Front Leader Julani Captured by Hezbollah
>>
>>30358487
It's the Khateeb Hezbollah IIRC
>>
>>30356590
>Kurds
>Not going to turn on us the second they get their own state

Same shit as with the taliban when will the U.S learn not to give weapons to Terrorist groups
>>
>>30359271
lol, you poor, uninformed idiot, spreading this idiot meme. The groups of mujahedeen the US supplied back then, later formed the so called northern alliance and fought the Taliban in the 90s. And in 2001, they helped the US abolishing the Taliban regime.

Also, it's fucking retarded to believe the Kurds would turn against us. They consist of political groups, fighting islamism. Even in your theory, that's a huge difference to supplying "the taliban". There's like a shitload of other examples, where the US supplied the right groups.
>>
>>30358968
oh shieet
>>
>>30359271
The Kurds also don't want an own state, that's another stupid meme, forced especially by Turkroaches.

They want autonomy on a communal level, but no segregation. Like in Syria. The YPG is formed conform to Syrian laws. Assad's minister of defence, just a few weeks ago, said the YPG is part of the Syrian state.
>>
File: 1409080389733.jpg (53 KB, 419x480) Image search: [Google]
1409080389733.jpg
53 KB, 419x480
>>30358448
>Knowing the Iraqis they couldn't have added 2k even if they were shooting civilians.

KEK
>>
>>30358087
A discussion about the Turks being assholes or not does not belong here.

A discussion about the SAA military performance does. Perhaps their push towards Raqqa was a bit daring, but ending in such a disaster is that possible?
One could believe that ISIS would have other things to do, with Manbij and Fallujah falling.
>>
>>30359441
I would assume that protecting the capital is a priority for everyone calling themself a state, even if it has no real value.
>>
>>30358210
not be an armchair general... seems like they're on the verge of disaster. i saw a weather report on the syria livemap that advised a 72 hour sandstorm warning in effect. Had a bad feeling after that. god save those poor bastards.
>>
>>30359441
After all the incompetence I am seriously starting to think that there is some Baldrick like officer in SAA HQ going around saying " I have a cunning plan"
>>
File: turkey.jpg (99 KB, 1137x640) Image search: [Google]
turkey.jpg
99 KB, 1137x640
>>30359441
Well Turks are assholes, noone was debating that. And there's also a war in Turkey, connected to the war in Northern Syria and Northern Iraq. And Turkey is a big factor, not only in the ongoing wars, but also in the whole region. I think it's important to bring that shit to /meg/
>>
>>30359670
But it does have strategic value. Raqqa is part of the IS supply chain that stretches from the southern borders of Turkey to southern Palmyra, DeZ, and Husaybah on the Iraqi Border. It's also a major planning area for most of their fronts in Syria.

If that city goes, so does their ability to shift logistics and coordinate evenly.
>>
>>30359760
You would think the SAA would be prepared to deal with sandstorm combat after learning how IS has consistently taken advantage of it. They may not be real sandnigs, but for god's sake, are they really this poorly trained to handle this?
>>
>>30360814
Why does everyone forget about the psychological factor? Raqqa is their jewel, their capital, it's where all the magic happens. It's probably the only city most people in the world know is in the hands of ISIS. That's where they make their propaganda movies about how great life under the black banner is, that's where all the thousands of volunteers want to go.
Fallujah is almost taken, Mosul will be next. When Raqqa is taken, that war will see a huge change, and ISIS will have to change their paradigma of both recruiting and self-display.

The war will turn more asymetrical, even more than it already is. Not to mention the huge amount of gear and manpower they will have lost once the main battle for the cities is over.
>>
>>30360897
Forgot to mention the morales of their fighters. That's going to be a huge change, too.
>>
Night bump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs3k1gcMDzE
>>
File: CldLCvUUkAID8jR.jpg:large.jpg (50 KB, 1137x640) Image search: [Google]
CldLCvUUkAID8jR.jpg:large.jpg
50 KB, 1137x640
ISOF/ICTF has some MATVs
I'm guessing they're recent donations from the Americans
>>
File: CldLCvSUkAA1fxD.jpg:large.jpg (85 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
CldLCvSUkAA1fxD.jpg:large.jpg
85 KB, 960x640
>>30362785
>>
File: CldLCvUUsAA4MLc.jpg:large.jpg (41 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
CldLCvUUsAA4MLc.jpg:large.jpg
41 KB, 1080x720
>>30362795
>>
File: CldLCvTUgAE8hgv.jpg:large.jpg (100 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
CldLCvTUgAE8hgv.jpg:large.jpg
100 KB, 960x720
>>30362842
>>
>>30355378
Yes that is why I am voting HILLARY 2016
>>
>>30362785
is that a mini gun on top?
>>
>>30363169
No, just a M2
>>
File: ClTezXDUkAAIWac.jpg:large.jpg (82 KB, 1096x613) Image search: [Google]
ClTezXDUkAAIWac.jpg:large.jpg
82 KB, 1096x613
The fetishization of 5.11 has reached its inevitable, logical conclusion:
>>
File: Clf1ryUWAAAz_i4.jpg:large.jpg (51 KB, 659x393) Image search: [Google]
Clf1ryUWAAAz_i4.jpg:large.jpg
51 KB, 659x393
Saeghe-2 anti tank missile with Iraq forces in Fallujah
Saeghe-2 is Iranian copy of M47 dragon
>>
>>30362785
>>30362795
>>30362842
>>30362850
>We just got some vehicles that are better than our humvees
>lets paint them black so ISIL can see them better

Reports coming in of another Iraqi M1 Abrams being taken out to the north of Baji.

The attack on Jordanian border guards has made the government of Jordan to declare the northern and northeastern border regions as closed military zones.

USMC General stated that there is no grand strategy to defeat ISIL in Libya. Figures considering how they carried out the bombing campaign and subsequent engagement with the remnants of the Libyan government. Clashes in Sirte continue with 16 government militias dying, this comes after an explosion at a ammo depot killed 20-25 people in the city of Tripoli.

In Yemen Saudi defense personnel reported a Houthi missile fired at the town of Marib was intercepted. It is thought that this is a SCUD missile, it is believed that this is a response to Saudi Air Force launching air raids on Houthi positions the day before.
>>
>>30363248

Why the fuck would anyone want to copy a fucking M47 Dragon.

Fuck that piece of shit.
>>
File: 1415067376144.jpg (45 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1415067376144.jpg
45 KB, 960x640
>>30363577
Iran reversed engineered almost every piece of US equipment they had when they changed regimes. While the weapon itself is not all that amazing, you gotta consider that knowing how to build it on your own allows the Iranians to build up their domestic weapons industry, plus for its time the M47 had decent night optics.
>>
>>30353611
GOOD LUCK ASSAD

CANT MOSSAD
>>
File: raqqa op.jpg (178 KB, 1095x722) Image search: [Google]
raqqa op.jpg
178 KB, 1095x722
>>30353603
well damn
>>
File: 1462010169433.png (412 KB, 467x447) Image search: [Google]
1462010169433.png
412 KB, 467x447
>>30353603
i leave for a fucking day and everything goes to shit
>>
>>30363209
were 2 cop?
>>
I've been away for about 5 days what have I missed? Last I heard Kurds had almost surrounded manbij Saa were near tabqa and Fallujah I can't remember
>>
>>30360079
There is a difference between discussing the war on Turkey's front and the /pol/ shitposting that exploded after Russia got its hand slapped.
>>
>>30365237
Manjib siege has slowed down due to a sandstorm that halted airstrikes.

The sandstorm has allowed ISIL to move it's troops without the threat of being bombed so they've used the cover to launch offensives across various frons in order to reclaim lost territory in order to create a buffer for when the airstrikes resume.

Oh and also ISIL in Fallujah is finally putting up a fierce fight as ISF enter the northern districts of the city (media is again claiming the city is about to fall for the umpteenth time)

Libya is still a shithole and tempers are starting to flare again in Yemen as the Saudis launched airstrikes and the houthies responded with what is presumably a Scud launch.
>>
>>30363195
has the GAU-19 been used in Iraq? Is it any good?
>>
>>30363209
That's why it's available everywhere in Iraq. Every bazar with mil stuff sells 5.11. And it's way better than all the other shit they sell there, like BLACK!HAWK! and crap like that.
Even the cheap fake 5.11 is of surprisingly good quality
>>
>>30353603
What are the best news streams to stay up to date on this stuff? Same for Ukraine.
>>
>>30366269

http://syria.liveuamap.com/

The same goes to Ukraine:

http://liveuamap.com/
>>
>>30355220

Because self-determination for the retarded Sunni Wahhabites basically means enslaving or killing everyone else and living out the 7th century life of Mohammad in one giant LARP scenario.

That's what the core of Islam is, LARPing the lifestyle of Mohammad based on pieces of anecdotal information written about him generations after his death.
>>
>>30357071
>http://syria.liveuamap.com/en/2016/21-june-russian-reporter-roman-saponkov-saying-about-catastrophe

LOL, the SAA is so shit, it's unbelievable.
>>
>>30363517
>We just got some vehicles that are better than our humvees
>lets paint them black so ISIL can see them better

But IS paints their VBIEDs black too.
>>
>>30365316
>Sandstorms

This leaves me wondering if there has been any effective counter-AQ/ISIS combat during sandstorms. Surely the Muricans have had years of experience with this during the 2000s.
>>
>>30365316
I fucking love this, everyone spends days calming how SDF, SAA can kick ISIS ass, how they are good fighters, how they don't need USAF, RuAF and than a sandstorm comes and everyone shuts the fuck up while ISIS kicks SAA ass and retake several villages from SDF.
>>
>>30366608
Americans literally just dug in and waited for them to pass before resuming whatever it is that they were doing.
>>
>The Syrian Armed Forces were filled with optimism this past weekend after they seized the Thawrah Oil Fields near the strategic Tabaqa Military Airport in west Raqqa. However, this jubilant feeling would not last long, thanks in large part to the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham’s (ISIS) major counter-offensive along the Sukhanah-Tabaqa Road. Not only did ISIS recapture the Thawrah Oil Fields, but they also fought their way to the Sufiyah Oil Fields that overlook the Rusafeh Crossroad. While, this initially appeared to be a small setback for the Syrian Armed Forces; it would turn disastrous on Monday after the Desert Hawks and Syrian Marines abruptly withdrew from the village of Albu Allaj and Rusafeh Crossroad. Unbeknownst to the Syrian Arab Army’s 555th Regiment at the Rusafeh Crossroad, they were about to lose their second and third lines of defense. ISIS ultimately overran the Syrian Arab Army’s positions at Rusafeh, resulting in a disorganized retreat that left behind weapons and several soldiers. According to a military source, 23 soldiers have been confirmed “killed-in-action” (KIA); 49 soldiers were wounded; and dozens of others are currently “missing-in-action” (MIA). The soldiers that considered MIA are believed to be either dead, captured, or trapped behind enemy lines. On Tuesday, the Syrian Armed Forces remained idle at the Zakiyah Crossroad in west Raqqa. Currently, all of the Syrian Armed Forces involved in this offensive have been ordered to remain on standby – no plans to continue this assault have been communicated.
>>
File: joining.jpg (73 KB, 1163x313) Image search: [Google]
joining.jpg
73 KB, 1163x313
>>30353663
>Lions of Rojava website looks like it's been shut down
Looks like the domain got parked. There is some logistics trouble though. Pic related.
>>
>>30367216
There's at least 2 /k/ommandos who've been fighting for YPG with them. Both said they had to wait several weeks in Iraq, untill they got smuggled over the border, because there was a shutdown. They were going by night, through fields, and crossed the Tigris with a rubberboat.

So why the fuck are lions of rojava suddenly implying it needs open borders to get people into Syria
>>
File: You lie.jpg (164 KB, 1044x482) Image search: [Google]
You lie.jpg
164 KB, 1044x482
>>30366956
Not true.
http://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Publications/With%20the%201st%20Marine%20Division%20in%20Iraq,%202003%20%20PCN%2010600000000_14.pdf?ver=2012-10-11-164233-807
>>
>>30367261
This isn't the YPG, saying this it another Kurdish organization.
>>
>>30367285
No. KRG is the Kurdish Regional Government in Northern Iraq, the picture says they shut down the borders to Syria/Rojava. It has been posted by the lions of Rojava, which is a YPG channel for volunteers.
YPG volunteers have to travel via Iraq, as it's impossible to book a direct flight to Syria.
>>
>>30354432
Sure sure. The murdering of the child and shelling of civilance by assheads order did not lead to this. Keep lieing vatnik.

Asshead showeld his and his familys graves.

But blame america. And dont forget the jews.
>>
Allegedly ISIS reached the perimeter of Ithirya. What a turn around, ISIS pushed SAA back what like 20-30km in a few days.
>>
>>30367498
20-30km? What the fuck? How is that even possible, they got their own airforce and the Russians.
Is it because there were 20-30km between their positions in some settlement, and they just had to retreat once, to their next position? Or have they really been pushed back several times over 20-30km?
>>
>>30367699
One regime Twitter fanboy is blaming the Russians because apparently RUAF isn't helping in the push for Raqqa.
>>
>>30367699
Pro regime reporters are like Ross, just saying " We are on organized retreat". In reality no one knows, first it was an organized retreat and now I saw few reports that the SAA 555. regiment leading the charge never existed. They claimed ISIS attacked them with 3 T-72 so they had to reorganize. So far ISIS is reports haven't really been detail, they showed Mad Max video of the attack on the road and claimed to have captured 2 more tanks and some other shit.
>>
Oh boy, here we go again SAA
>>
>>30366956
>>30367264
Reading the account of Iraqi sandstorm makes it out like it's tough as shit to deal with. So how does ISIS take full advantage of it?
>>
>>30367855
Probably by not being pussies and being willing to engage in close combat instead to relaying on AF to kill everything in 5km radius. ISIS is certainly the most motivated and aggressive force in the war. If they can get close they can fuck shit up. What is surprising is that ISIS managed to route a heavily mechanized force. One can understand why infantry garrison would brake after being hit by a SVBIED and than coming under attack by tanks and infantry which are closing in for close combat, but every image we saw of SAA was of heavy weapons, tanks, apc, heavy guns on trucks, Grad launchers.
>>
File: 1429166130003.jpg (145 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
1429166130003.jpg
145 KB, 1111x597
>SAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlPS7XwRcP0
>>
>>30367498
Last time YPG had to retreat more than a few km to reorganize was 2014. Like every Iraq vet will tell you, Kurds >>>>>>>>> Arabs
>>
File: 1463035057170.jpg (27 KB, 400x311) Image search: [Google]
1463035057170.jpg
27 KB, 400x311
>>30367898
>Gvozdika bursting in flames every few rounds
>>
>>30367699
>20-30km? What the fuck? How is that even possible, they got their own airforce and the Russians.
Sandstorms my dude.
>>
>>30368012
Well it's not just that, the sandstorm allowed ISIL to move it's troops without being detected as easily, meaning that SAA wasn't able to know the full strength of its opponents until they were being attacked.

Though this is definitely a last minute gambit to regain lost land since ISIL is not launching offensives across its fronts in mass. So at most they have concentrated their troops in only a few locations as they probably don't have enough men to spare for a theater wide offensive.
>>
>>30367892
It's that and the SAA has almost no discipline dealing with dust storms in open battlefields because it wasn't a norm. Sandstorms used to be less common in pre-2011 Syria thanks in part to intensified irrigation systems for domestic agriculture, but the civil war turned vast swatches of abandoned farmland along the Euphrates into complete dust bowls.

More dusty flatlands leads to more dust storms blowing westward, which IS quickly took full advantage of for ambushes and close quarter charges.
>>
>>30367770
Ross? From Friends?
>>
File: 1439195295805.jpg (7 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1439195295805.jpg
7 KB, 160x160
>MadMax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaC696C9v4g
>>
>>30368204
yeah, i don't know why but the almost neurotic justifying of pro regime side remained me of Ross.
>>
>>30368349
thought you were talking about that ross kemp shithead
>>
File: 1437108567201.png (66 KB, 510x332) Image search: [Google]
1437108567201.png
66 KB, 510x332
>M28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JORLIGLXP4o
>>
Some pro regime posters are now claiming ISIS is attacking with nerve agent chemical weapons. Not sure it they are claiming ISIS started using CW today or if they used them from the start of counter offensive.

To me it sounds like bullshit,
a) making nerve agents is much harder than making mustard or other basic CW
b) ISIS using CW in open desert effectively
c) ISIS not using CW in built up areas like DeZ, Mare, Azaz where they would be much more effective
d) SAA immediately managing to respond to this "new development" by issuing gas masks to its soldiers
e) if the clime is that ISIS used them from the start that ISIS must have developed a new system because I don't know of any method for delivering CW effectively in a fucking sandstorm
>>
File: CPAP08TWgAEzd3N.jpg (47 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CPAP08TWgAEzd3N.jpg
47 KB, 600x450
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmMstv_5a8A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX9on_ljTMI
>>
>>30358422
Yep
>>
>>30368623
>>30368623

I'll never get that "stand in the open and fire" thing. Do they actually know where to shoot? The guy in the first video seems to be targeting something.
But, when there's actually something to shoot at, they could also be shot So why the fuck are they standing in the fucking open, without taking cover or at least cowering? I don't get that shit

Do they do it when they see cameras? you know, standing around and just shooting at nothing, so they can show it their friends afterwards? Or are they just so fucking retarded that they don't give a fuck about being shot?
>>
>>30368755

Maybe they saw it in an action movie, like an Arab Rambo or something
>>
>>30368755
A combination of all those things. Blanket/Suppressing fire is real thing, but showing off for the camera is rampent.
Like that webm of the PMU guy in Iraq motioning to the camera to film him as he stands up and hipfires a PKM, just to take a clean headshot from ISIS.
>>
>>30368755
If i was a NCO in the Middle East i'd tell my Abus that I'll keep anyone under arrest for a few nights that i see pulling fucking retarded shit like that. I mean c'mon, he's not only putting himself in danger, but also his whole squad, platoon, whatever by doing shit like that. And he's giving ISIS a great opportunity propaganda material. Just seeing that shit in a video makes me angry, it's just fucking logic. Being a good soldier is not that hard, it's not like they tell you any secrets in basic training. Just use your fucking brain and you'll get through most of the shit in a militia war, 90% of the shit you see in those vids from Syria is easily avoidable.
>>
File: usmc.jpg (243 KB, 960x1108) Image search: [Google]
usmc.jpg
243 KB, 960x1108
>>30369028
>>
>>30367855
Lots of truck bombs, from the sounds of it.
>>
File: 1457122162342.png (21 KB, 473x500) Image search: [Google]
1457122162342.png
21 KB, 473x500
>>30368314
>Whyte&Mackay
>Not based Laphroaig
>>
File: 1453770017862.jpg (101 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
1453770017862.jpg
101 KB, 500x496
>>30369517
>>
>>30369092
is that real?
>>
>>30370063
100%
>>
>>30357929
Pretty sure 5 Star doesn't live in ME, but is he kill?
>>
>>30354995
better political discussion that you'll ever have on /pol/ fwiw
>>
>>30370895
It's impossible to have decent political discussions on /pol/, it's 99% insane stormcuck lunatics. that's why i like these threads on /k/.
>>
File: 3 pals.png (2 MB, 1289x723) Image search: [Google]
3 pals.png
2 MB, 1289x723
>>30370548
He's amerikaner, and I dunno what had happened to him. What is more strange is that, if memory dont fail me, he stop appearing here in the day of the Orlando shooting.

I was keeping track of the news, and boy, oh boy, ISIS gambit in Raqqa is worse than just bad for the SAA; its a total disaster.

ISIS is claiming the killing of 3 ruskie soldiers, and posting some photos from what they say is from what left of the phono of one of them. They supposedly died in a Kamaz truck that hit a roadside IED and blowed up.

An SAA General, Chief of Staff of the10th Division, was also killed near Ithriyah.
>>
>>30354404

Fucking faggot.

Without tens of thousands of TOW-2 missiles and imported sand nigger militants and other munitions the Syrian war would have ended just like the 1982 Hama uprising.
>>
>>30371059
This is nonsense. Sorry. Assad fucked himself well before the US started shipping a few Tows.
>>
>>30371059
Would've been worse than Hama that's for sure, a Hama in every city, bad like one of Saddam's Shia or Kurd uprisings. Clearly enough of the population dislikes him for it to even be remotely possible.
>>
>>30371059
Surprisingly its the people who didn't get the TOWs that are the mot powerful.
>>
>>30370548
Hes a 5 star general we would have known that
>>
>>30369517
>Laphroaig
>Not based Bells
>>
Tell me /k/ why hasn't the anyone go to the refugee camps and made a new political party and a militia. Taken towns and rebuild with aid money as the expand town to town?
>>
>>30371162
they took the TOWs from the people we gave them to
>>
>>30371035
Good to see you around R.U
>>
>>30371035
>five star was the shooter,
>>
>>30371059
The 82 uprising failed because it was indigenous. Syria was harboring the whole goddamn al quesodilla in iraq movement during the mid 2000s' and assad did nothing about it while they carbombed the shit out of everyone next door. He was totally ok with the eastern half of the country being used as a base for islamists from aroud the world until they came for his head post arab spring. The dude literally fucked himself. Gulf oil states funding the islamists was just the icing on the cake. The US contribution is negligible because obama never had a foreign policy beyond doing the opposite of whatever bush was doing.
>>
File: trash boat.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
trash boat.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>30372339
Thanks, anon, I'm having a free night and so I decided come here see how the things going.
>>
So the SAA is getting BTFO now?
>>
File: Yes - Roundabout.png (2 MB, 1279x758) Image search: [Google]
Yes - Roundabout.png
2 MB, 1279x758
>>30367770
>I saw few reports that the SAA 555. regiment leading the charge never existed.

Many of the SAA units, by now, exist in name only. It's probably the case of the 555th, that was supposed to be a special forces (airborne) from the 4th Arm Div; they are just conventional fighters on a unit with big name.

Just to add some information for the thread:

- The SDF/YPG is having a hard time on Manbij, as the ISIS forces inside the city are determined to defend it at all, but are still progressing. ISIS retook positions at northeast of the city, while SDF took positions at the west entrance, like this roundabout, and southwest of the city.

-SAA and Hezbollah (probably, mainly Hezbollah) attacked Rebels positions, Khalasah and Zaytan, in south Aleppo today. No reports of gains. Its from where comes the first video posted by Mandic here >>30368623

His second video is from East Ghouta, where the SAA/SRG is using their advantage on number of armor to press the Rebels.

In North Aleppo, everything is normal, as the ping pong continues and the Rebels have taken two villages while ISIS retake one.

The most bizarre news that I read today was this one from Reuters saying that Norway is thinking about sending troops to Syria:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-norway-idUSKCN0Z81O3?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Reuters%2FworldNews+%28Reuters+World+News%29
>>
File: PMU armor.png (510 KB, 720x436) Image search: [Google]
PMU armor.png
510 KB, 720x436
>>30373177
Almost forgot to say that fight has broken out on Deirz, again, as ISIS launched two suicide attacks against or near the Airbase.

Here's a interesting Ny Times article showing what ISIS still have and what they already lost:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/06/18/world/middleeast/isis-control-places-cities.html?smid=pl-share&_r=1
>>
File: total makeover iraqi edition.png (568 KB, 620x619) Image search: [Google]
total makeover iraqi edition.png
568 KB, 620x619
>>
File: sharia counsel.png (489 KB, 637x815) Image search: [Google]
sharia counsel.png
489 KB, 637x815
>>
SAA now "officially" pushed back to pre offensive lines by Ithriya. So a total roll back, no gains.
>>
File: CllVfB_WAAAjh1v.jpg (112 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
CllVfB_WAAAjh1v.jpg
112 KB, 1200x675
>>30373368
Very neat little article of held territory.

Pic: ISIS sniper, Manbij
>>
File: ClloTZlWAAEfjmD.jpg:large.jpg (177 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ClloTZlWAAEfjmD.jpg:large.jpg
177 KB, 1280x720
>>30371035
Soldiers are from 18th Motorized Brigade. That phone also had pictures of them in Eastern Ukraine. Note the white triangle painted on the vehicle that was used as an identifying mark by "rebels" in 2014
>>
>>30354516
America protects its interests. Some leaderhead says they want the US to burn, the US bombs them. What kinds of ICBM's does iraq, syria, libya, isil, or afghanistan have? Divide and weaken enemies, simple.

America isnt bombing brazil or sweden. All these middle eastern countries could have stopped their shit but they didnt. Their culture had to be destroyed.
>>
File: Clk5gvQWAAUnaO4.jpg:large.jpg (96 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Clk5gvQWAAUnaO4.jpg:large.jpg
96 KB, 1024x683
ICTF with an Orsis T-5000 in Fallujah
>>
OH SHIT THEY FELL FOR IT
http://aranews.net/2016/06/syrian-democratic-forces-open-humanitarian-corridor-evacuate-civilians-isis-held-city/
>>
>>30374361
fell for what?
>>
>>30374506
This is clearly a ruse by IS to smuggle fighters out who will then do guerrilla attacks on SDF/YPG forces from inside the Kurdish controlled territory.
>>
>>30374840
I mean they did the same with the FSA, hopefully they keep an eye on them
>>
fucking 3 Russian soldiers killed in syria as isis advances on ithyra
>>
>>30353603
Anyone got the version not redacted by MiniTrue?
>>
>>30374361
As some anons before pointed out, the SDF wants to paint themselves as the more "humane" faction as opposed to everyone else, perhaps to keep their first world backers satisfied.

Granted, it's a naive notion when you consider how IS will use anything in their disposal to gain the upper hand. The SDF better be ready to deal with the effects of letting Manbij IS fighters spill out of the encirclement.
>>
>>30372640
What would you suggest? The US military was already overstretched after opening up just two fronts to the point of needing to shunt resources back and forth between Afghanistan and Iraq, while resorting to low budget fallback plans like UAV deployment that lack the effectiveness of more complete mobilization.

Stirring more shit in the Gulf states will only turn powder kegs into firestorms that will overwhelm the Americans and destabilize the region even more than the Arab Spring could.
>>
>>30368012
Darude Sandstorms?
>>
File: IvanB.jpg (170 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
IvanB.jpg
170 KB, 960x960
>Ivan resurrected
>>
>>30376451
The US military could perform a lot more cost-effectively, if doctrine was altered from
Contact - Ridiculous amounts of firesupport - Repeat until enemy is dead
Into something a bit less resource intensive. Other nations can do it, why not the US? It's a volunteer military after all, they deserve to do a bit of rough soldiering and can't complain too loud if they die in the process. Just start recruiting those beaners.
>>
>>30354516
>US led
US incited at best, it couldn't have happened without the discontent thats plagued Syrian politics for decades
>>
>>30376451
A rotating brigade+air wing at H-3, as had been planned before Obama did the "I won" thing, would have stopped ISIS cold in Iraq, and provided options for hunting them across the border in Syria.

Of course, their mere presence might have made The Dentist a little easier to work with, much like Qaddafi turned State's Evidence after OIF and spilled the beans on the A.Q. Khan conspiracy.

But, noooo, Bush bad, must spit on everything he did.
>>
>>
File: 21720170.jpg (89 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
21720170.jpg
89 KB, 400x400
>>30369092
>>
Reports that SDF have entered Manbij from the south, hold onto your asses boys cause this is where shit goes down.
>>
>>30363248
how can you tell them apart?
>>
File: CllAmVoWQAAO4Wd.jpg (52 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
CllAmVoWQAAO4Wd.jpg
52 KB, 1024x576
>>
>>30377847
Idk why this picture made me kek
>>
>>30377018
Blame it on the general American population that was swayed by years of bombardment from the anti-interventionist media to believe that *any* American led-occupation in the Middle East is bad. This sentiment was one of the reasons Obama was voted in in the first place, while McCain, in contrast, had voiced views that military presence in Iraq should continue indefinitely as a deterrent (as with Japan and S. Korea).
>>
>>30373390
Thats the best use of the Carrier that i've ever seen
>>
Some ISIS pictures from Raqqa offensive

https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/745952694196666368

How does one leave behind a Grad? I get tanks, bmp, pick-ups but a Grad?
>>
>>30378735
probably it got some serious issues and they think it'll be better if it's ISIS who have to deal with it

kinda like that arty on this video >>30367898
>>
File: Libertado.jpg (132 KB, 1000x1036) Image search: [Google]
Libertado.jpg
132 KB, 1000x1036
A source in the CAA : aircraft VKSRF not enough, need more. No wonder the Shoigu arrived soon something will!
>>
>>30379550
What did he mean by this, /k/?
>>
>>30379650
Probably something on lines that "according to a SAA source, the current Russian aircrafts are not enough, that the latest visit of the Russian MoD, Sergei Shoigu, to Syria to meet the SAA high command and Bashar have something to do with it, and that we should expect something happening soon."
>>
>>30380178
Ah, I see. Thanks.
SAA's problem is a little bigger than that, I would say. What with the lack of training and manpower, and all that jazz.
>>
File: 14655024443050.png (530 KB, 1000x1158) Image search: [Google]
14655024443050.png
530 KB, 1000x1158
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGSftZcxYiY
>>
ISIS sVBIED Obliterates YPG position in Manbij (Enemies Visible)

http://amaqagency.ch/v/myo21062016-720.mp4

>One of the most enthusiastic "Allahu Ackbars" in a long time. That guy acted like I do when the headline band finally hits the stage
>>
File: 1465084563667.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1465084563667.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
File: HonoredSpectacularDoe.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
HonoredSpectacularDoe.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
File: TermoBKemoAleppo.jpg (21 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
TermoBKemoAleppo.jpg
21 KB, 600x330
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 88

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.