[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much would it cost today to have a practical, intricate,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
How much would it cost today to have a practical, intricate, and custom fitted suit of armor made for you?
>>
>>30349369
On the low end, $2-3 grand. Goes up from there.
>>
>>30349408
that seems really cheap
>>
>>30349408
That's about right. If you don't mind the pieces not fitting one hundred percent perfect or matching. You can buy posts here and there on ebay, kult of Athena, etc for cheaper than a whole suit. My friend did it for a little less than 2000. He has full plate, chain mail, and a gambeson, minus the back plate though.
>>
>>30349476
if you have plate and a gambeson why would you need chain mail? honest question.
>>
>>30349474
On the flip side, I know a guy who made a suit of Mongolian/Chinese armor out of titanium scales. Put down about $14K in raw materials altogether, said he saved another $10K in labor costs by punching and trimming the scales himself.
Not sure if that's adjusted for cost of equipment.
>>
>>30349474
lack of demand
>>
>>30349541
I'll tell you that the demand just went up a little bit now
>>
>>30349501
Protects the joints and the crown jewels a bit. Some knights wore partial pieces of chainmail much later on, like sleeves or "skirts" attached to the gambeson or the armor itself. Chainmail was not entirely obsolete and still had its uses, but in the context of the 15th-17th Centuries, it was definitely on the back burner where the nobility was concerned.
>>
>>30349501
>>30349570
Like he said. My friend told me because it'll protect the open spaces the plate doesn't. A gambeson is just a slightly thick shirt to pad your body to take some of the weight of the armor off you. A sword could still potentially slice through it.
>>
>>30349369
The only "practical" armor for the modern day is mass produced and comes in specified threat levels. he kind of armor in your pic is anything but practical in this day and age.

Faggot
>>
How much and how heavy would a entire suit be made entirely out of ar15 plates.
>>
>>30349539
Cool as fuck and I would love to see it, but it seems like a bit of a waste doesn't it.
>>
>>30350496
>>30350496
Not the OP but practical in this context can be as simple as functional armor that isn't too heavy and has a good range of motion, Because people still fucking use it. Impractical would be intricate fantasy bullshit that makes dark souls look tame.

He didn't say a goddamn thing about having crye slap camo on an AR500 great helm you twat
>>
>>30349369
>he's smoking a cigarette through the visor
>>
>>30349369
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0D9SRked5Y

I think you can get some from whoever supplies these.

>>30349476 is good too.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.