[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/mmandos be me be 18 this year live with rents in highschool
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
Hey /k/mmandos be me be 18 this year live with rents in highschool want tantal parts kit dad says it is a "scary" weapons says we should stick with bolt action like our shifty mosin that he is convinced we can make accurate because people from a show hunt with it found tantal parts kits for relatively cheap dad says no people will think I am crazy or some shit what do you think?
>>
>>30348483
Sounds like your dad is a tool and you should build a tantal and post it here on /k/ so we can make fun of it/congratulate you
>>
Should not buy a parts kit and buy an actual gun
>>
>>30348525
Ding ding ding
>>
Are you typing like the dialogue from "Flowers for Algernon" on purpose or are you actually retarded?
>>
You have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>30348483
Hey /k/ommandos I will be 18 this year. I live with my parents and am in highschool.
I want a tantal parts kit. My dad says it is a "scary" weapon and says we should stick with bolt action like our shifty mosin. He is convinced we can make it accurate because people from a show hunt with it. I found tantal parts kits for relatively cheap but dad says "no". what do you think?

fixed it for you. stay in school kid. also, unless you have the tools, know how, and a receiver, a parts kit is a bad buy.
>>
>>30348580
Thanks the reason why I want a parts kit is because a built tantal costs anything from $700 to $1500
>>
>>30348640
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOT3boiVwUg
there are a few series on Ak building, watch some. it isnt like AR assembly where parts just snap together.
>>
>>30348721
i already know i can find building tutorials thanks anyways
>>
>>30348483
Just wait till you're an adult. If you make good decisions in the coming years and become a law abiding productive member of society, you will be able to make decisions like this for yourself.
Good luck.
>>
>>30348965
thanks but i want a tantal now because not that many were made compared to other guns and they are going out of stock in 2 of the 3 places i found parts kits
>>
>>30348543
I think he's actually retarded. I had to read it twice and it got no better.
>>
>>30348958
You're going to be spending a few hundred bucks on some pretty expensive paperweights if you buy a kit without having the knowledge and tools (which alone cost around $500) and machine shop to build said kit
>>
>>30348958
you misunderstand- its not a matter of knowing there are tutorials available. you should watch those videos to understand the labor intensive process that goes into building an AK.
it is not a simple process.
anyway, it sounds like your mind is already made up, buy whatever you'd like. good luck
>>
>>30348993
Patience is a virtue. Your generation is obsessed with instant gratification. When I was a boy like you, I had similar desires. I would flip through the pages of the Sears & roebuck catalog daily, coveting a .30-30 winchester lever rifle. And of course my father was well aware of my desires, but he did not condone or endorse the purchase. So when I graduated 8th grade I took a job in the mines. Not 2 years later I was the proud owner of a J. C. Higgins rifle of my dreams.
>>
>>30348483
>In high school
>Can't use a fucking period

The gig is up kiddo.
>>
>>30349175
Nigga how fcking old are you???
Like I fully expect Hicock45 to have the same childhood tale lol.
>>
>>30348483
Was this some kind of attempt at greentext?
>>
>>30348483
>omg I totally want a parts kit even though buying a rifle is way more practical and less expensive

I remember being underage and fantasizing about building the guns I was too young to buy too
>>
>>30349228
Meh there was a time I knew I would be a sniper. Now I'm Intel and still do all the fun things I dreamed of b
>>
>>30348525
This. You're going to fuck it up and spend more money than if you just bought a gun. You're 18, just fill out a 4473
>>
>>30349175
at the cost of rocks in the box anon?

>>30348483
how cheap is relatively cheap?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.