[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Realistically, how much of a chance do armed citizens have a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
Realistically, how much of a chance do armed citizens have at stopping tyranny in the modern age?

Little known fun fact: Weimar Germany had a communist, anti-fascist militia, well armed and over 100,000 men strong, made up in large parts of combat experienced WWI front fighters. Didn't stop the tyranny. For scale, Weimar Germany had a population of about 63,000,000. Compared with today's 300,000,000 Americans you'd need more than 500,000 members to reach a similar size.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roter_Frontk%C3%A4mpferbund
>>
I'd bet my left testicle that there are more than 500,000 well armed Americans willing to stand up to tyranny. I'd bet my right testicle that there's that many in my state alone.
>>
>>30348270
we get it euroanon you don't like america we get it
>>
>>30348270
>Little know fun fact
>Fun fact
>Fact
Fucked up already didn't you
>>
>>30348270
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain

The main problem to be solved in the modern era is how to deal with the use of Armored vehicles by local police without the presence of left over ordinance from decades of war.
>>
Froginboilingwater.jpg
>>
>>30348395
Fire and sabotage
>>
>>30348395
I've always been a firm supporter of cutting the infrastructure, and taking the fight to their homes.
>>
>>30348290
You can bet your prostate that such groups are already infiltrated by alphabet soup agencies. You can also bet your vas deferens that your government will ruthlessly crush any attempt at armed insurrection. You may auction your seminal vesicle that you'll end up in Guantanamo bay.
>>
>>30348270
>Didn't stop the tyranny.

Hitler was not a tyrant. He did not go to war against his own people. Why would they fight him?
>>
>>30348660
Wut?
>Good thing his people didn't include the poor, sick, elderly, gays, gypos or Jews
>>
>>30348660
>put his own people in concentration camps
>not a tyrant

Are you some kind of a nazi apologist or do you want to become one when you grow up?
>>
File: 1394916486384.jpg (64 KB, 655x506) Image search: [Google]
1394916486384.jpg
64 KB, 655x506
>>30348270
>Hurr durr, we can't win don't fight!

I can speak for most true Americans when I say that fighting is not something you do based on if you can win or not. Fighting is what you do when you have no other options.

>Go from us, lick the hands that feed you, and may your chains rest lightly upon you
>>
>>30348270
bitch got man hands bruh
>>
>>30348270
Two Apaches landed in my small hick-town airport the other day. Just reminded me that that's probably a no.
>>
>>30348270
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)
>>
You don't have to win the war, you have to make it impossible to govern.

>IEDs
>hit-n-run tactics
>small isolated cells of fighters doing everything they can to fuck the government

Don't be a bunch of niggers about it, it's entirely possible. Also, Apaches and UAVs can't patrol streets and kick in doors, it'll boil down to man v. man and Americans or any other developed nation aren't going to turn on themselves for a shitty government.
>>
>>30348270
100k men. Don't forget the Nazi Party's 400k Sturmabteilung (SA Brownshirts) who frequently sought out and won conflicts with the militia(s) you speak of. Guess what party gained the majority of representation in government in the early 30's.
>>
>>30348270

> Realistically, how much of a chance do unarmed citizens have at stopping tyranny in the modern age?

Well, OP?
>>
Do you know how many people own guns in America? Every one of those is a potential anti-fascist militia member.
>>
>>30349038
Samefag. The Roter Frontkämpferbund (RFB) had around 130k in 1929, and the number in my previous post comes from 1932. There's some flex on interpretation there, but you catch my drift?
>>
>>30348270
>Realistically, how much of a chance do armed citizens have at stopping tyranny in the modern age?
Huge chances. If it weren't for Iranian and Russian interventions, Syria would have fallen already.
>>
>>30348270
>what is asymmetric warfare

2 dumbasses with fireworks and backpacks shut down Boston for 48 hours. 20 halfway educated people could probably shut down the entire eastern seaboard if they were sneaky enough.

It's an interesting world we live in when massive armies mean nothing.

Also fuck off forum slider I've seen this shit posted before, word for word.
>>
>>30348769
The USA has more people in concentration camps right now than the Nazis ever did.
>>
A better question is how do you instigate a general uprising? These things happen gradually, and inevitably some people will be willing to tolerate more than others, meaning that some people will begin violent resistance before others will. These people will most certainly be seen as crazy extremists and only push people towards the government. So the question is, how do you get everybody to stand up together rather than a few sporadic terrorist attacks that will make people more afraid and more likely to trust the government with their safety?

Imo violence should only be used once you already have a critical mass of the population on your side.
>>
>>30348270
>Realistically, how much of a chance do armed citizens have at stopping tyranny in the modern age?

Depends, we have the "no guns" side and we have the "muh 2nd amendment" side.
If miraculously both sides joined together in the end the 2nd amendment fags would be doing most of the work
>>
File: CrypTek Nightjar.jpg (77 KB, 540x373) Image search: [Google]
CrypTek Nightjar.jpg
77 KB, 540x373
>>30349366
This.

Us 2A fags would have to keep our shit safe in the event of mass confiscation and other hardcore tyranny, and do our best to make the government's transgressions plainly obvious to even the normiest of normies, so that there will be a wide base of support should it come down to open rebellion.

No sense in wasting valuable resources (not to mention making bad pr) by doing some ill-planned stunt like occupying a wildlife refuge.
>>
>>30348270
If you call in a bomb threat they shutdown an airport. Really, a few phone calls could fuck up air traffic for a while.

never forget what keeps america going is cash. If you disrupt the money supply you win in the long run. Thats wat makes killing your people shitty. Each insurgent is or potentially was a productive tax payer. Each office damaged by gunfire is costing you. Each hospital you accidentally damage is lives and millions. Each farm you waco is production. Each CNC shop you bomb is valuable. Its shitty and tiring.
>>
>>30348634

There's only so much feds compared to the raw populace. They can only strike so much at insurrection insurgents until they're completely whittled down not to mention the ones that will actually stay loyal to the government at that point.

There would be a point where local police will outright refuse to corporate with them as well.
>>
Two things.

People within the government who will turn against it and destroy it from the inside.

Support from foreign powers who want the old government gone.
>>
File: Finn.png (344 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Finn.png
344 KB, 480x640
There is never gonna be an outright ban and confiscation of weapons in the US. it is way too risky and no cop is actually gonna go door to door and take guns. I wouldn't if I was an LEO. I would tell my boss to get fucked and do it himself. I might as well just sign my own death certificate.

What you will see though is gradual increases in difficulty in acquiring firearms. Licenses here, psych checks here, taxes here etc. Until eventually it will be such a pain in the ass that a majority if people won't bother to get a firearm anymore and the older ones will eventually no longer be eligible for "grandfathering" in anymore and they will be turned into the police for destruction after the owner dies.

At least, that is how I would ban weapons if I was in the government. You are a fool if you think that our elected officials are not thinking about the long-game. Not every tournament deck is "Red Deck Wins," guys.
>>
File: 1447399236378.jpg (23 KB, 295x290) Image search: [Google]
1447399236378.jpg
23 KB, 295x290
>>30348270
How much of a chance did our forefathers stand at stopping the British Army, the best army in the world? Zero. Ask any well-educated man back then and he would have dismissed our rebellion as doomed to fail from the start.
>>
>>30349973
This, this is how it will happen, not in a month, or year, or even a presidential term. It will happen slowly over the course many many years because the brainwashed populace "wants" it.
>>
>>30349973
yup.
>>
doesnt take a lot. a couple hundred intelligent, prepared and highly motivated individuals spread out across the nation. an assassination campaign could do extremely significant damage if targets are picked well and the assassins are able to get a message out. for example "respect what our nation was founded on" so that whoever replaces the assassinated knows how to act in fear of retribution. they would have to virtually shut down the country to deal with more than 50 highly trained men with designated targets. they wouldnt even know who they are looking for and nobody respects "leaders" who are reduced to hiding from lowly nameless plebs. a civil war today in america will be extremely different from conflicts of the past.

now if you let the nation get to the point of collapse through hyperinflation/immigration etc. then your conflict could turn way more bloody than it needs to be. time is of the essence in this fictional scenario.
>>
>>30348692
that's exactly right, those groups weren't considered full-fledged humans at that time
>>
>>30348270
I don't have it with me, but there's a screenshot from a thread where someone in the know talks about this.

The Tl;DR is, if the US gets into another civil war, the US loses.
There will never be another civil war because the consequences would be so dire that the US may even cease to exist.

Thus >>30349973 has the right idea.
Boiling the 2A frog over time rather than jumping straight to the boiling point is how this will play out.
>>
>>30349878
The police will if it's framed as "stopping terrorism".

It actually is "stopping terrorism" since the Orlando shooting is an act of Islamic terror. Consider any pro-freedom remarks your LEOs made when there were non-terrorist shootings null and void because they tend to (actually overwhelmingly) consider stopping terrorism a higher priority than personal liberty.
>>
Taliban infiltrates the Afghan Army. One Taliban kills several US Servicemen until he is finally killed. US military cannot sustain negative k/d for more than about five minutes.
>>
>>30355992
Not anyone in this thread so far, but would you know if that screenshot is hosted anywhere or anywhere we could find that cap?
>>
>>30353276
how are you going to find a couple hundred intelligent, prepared and highly motivated individuals?

i guarantee you that the US government thinks about potential civil wars a lot. they know how they start and how to prevent them. they probably have it down to science.

US citizens just aren't fanatics. they won't sacrifice everything for a revolution. yes, if you took everything away from them, they might be inclined to do so. but most likely the ruling class will deprive the lower classes of everything just short of causing them to go on a rampage. put people into wageslaveism, keeping them occupied with just living paycheck to paycheck while buying the newest crap that the media tells them they "need". no one is going to think "fucking abstract ruling class it's their fault", instead people are going to think "fucking jobless bums, if it wasn't for them, i could buy a new 100 inch plasma television". the lower classes will be too distracted with money and consumerism to ever even think about picking up a gun and trying to overthrow the mega rich.

at least that was my understanding of the subject. i could be wrong.
>>
>>30348270
>Weimar Germany had a communist, anti-fascist militia,

Those paramilitary groups are the EXACT reason wwii happened
>>
>>30355992
You referring where he started saying he was crying with laughter and said like #1 problem was power grid and so on?
>>
>>30348270
Ask the taliban faggot
>>
>>30348633
You do know that cutting the infrastructure will hurt you more than it will ever bother them, and that you'll never get near their secure FEMA camps, right?
>>
>>30356103
I saw this one a few days ago as an image, OP started out with "I'm scared /k/" or something like that, maybe find that thread and you'll find the image
>>
>>30348912
Let me tell you a little story: in the late 40's and early 50's in Romania there have been many (as in over 100, with a total of more than 5000 fighters) groups of anti-communist partisans that have actively fought using your methods against the communist government. And they weren't alone, they had serious support form the local population and military equipment and volunteers parachuted by the americans.
And guess what? By '55 they were all gone, either dead on in prison. And most of them have been killed by the locals, who have had enough of them.
So don't you think you'll survive for long.
>>
>>30349122
You do realize that Syria has been attacked by a foreign invading force entirely funded and equipped by Saudi Arabia, right?
>>
>>30348270
Pretty good considering most of the police and military will side with the general populace against a truly tyrannical regime.

And the majority of what's left will simply go home and sit it out, leaving a very very small fraction of the police and military, who will predominantly be noncombat personnel (mainly senior officers that are either too indoctrinated or feel they have "too much to lose") that actually sides with the government.

It'll go like this:
>Pres/Senate: We tyranny nao!
>people: No, fuck you
>military: No, fuck you
>police: No, fuck you
>Pres/Senate: Aight, Civil War 2: Electic Boog--fuck, we have no soldiers left. Aight, what you niggas want?
>>
>>30349295
Prisons aren't concentration camps, anon. We're not allowed to force prisoners to work or gas them wholesale.
>>
>>30356044
>negative k/d
do you understand how fractions work
>>
>>30349973
Welcome to the UK
>>
>>30348270
Obviously you're not going into direct combat (or at least not often).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asymmetric_warfare
>>
>>30356255
>comparing white americans to gypsies
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.