[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My new SWISS K31
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: My K31.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
My K31.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
So /k/

This my new K31 (7.5x55mm). All metal pieces are in very good shape. The barrel isn't too worn (measured in 7.53mm) and the stock only have superficial abrasion and normal usure for a military rifle.
What do you think of revarnishing the wood? Is it easy? Do it worth it?
For now I use the Sig550 cleaning kit with the "WaffenFett" and I've read that it's enough for cleaning and preserve the wood stock. But do you have any advice for maintain products for the K31 (especially for the wood).

Still have no bayonet, ammo or charger clips. I'm planning on buying some as soon as possible. Do swissfags know exactly how many costs GP11 (I know it's expensive). Also which GP11-equivalent can I use and how many costs it?
Do some people here use polymer charger clips and what's your opinion on it? Are the polymer of good quality? Also where can I find some in Switzerland?
>>
File: K31&Grabstein.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
K31&Grabstein.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>30346496
Another pic of my K31 with the open bolt, the 6rds mag and my personal (swiss) military dogtag.
>>
File: K31-Swiss Brand.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
K31-Swiss Brand.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>30346496
The swiss markings of my K31
>>
>7.5x55mm
enjoy searching for ammo
>>
>>30346496
Check under the buttstock plate yet anon? Do it and show pics
>>
>>30346926
>Not realizing that the internet exist
>Just now finding out that 7.5swiss is again ~.40-50 a round and is available
Jeez, are you dumb or jealous?
>>
>>30346926
I'm swiss. There is GP11 (7.5x55) in literally every range here.
>>30347003
I have already done it. There was no name.

I forgot to mention that but every parts of the rifle has the same serial number.
>>
>waffenfett on the wooden stock
nigga you fucking what? Smack yourself in the head right now: that stuff is made for mechanical parts, not for wood. The stock can be preserved with boiled linseed oil, but I wouldn't get it on more than once a year or so: the original finish is sturdy enough.

Get an STG57 cleaning kit. Same caliber and you get a high quality cleaning rod.

GP11 can be purchased at any federal range (I assume you're Swiss, or you wouldn't have a "7.53" measuring, that shit is only done around these parts).
I've heard a mixed bag of good and bad things about PPV 7.5x55mm, but I've never tried any. Commercial (Norma/Blaser) ammo is expensive as fuck and completely not worth it - stick with ordonnanz ammo.

As for polymer clips, absolutely no idea. Good luck finding original ones: they used to burn the used ones, so they're getting increasingly rare.

Where are you from, fellow Swissfag?
>>
>>30346496

That rug looks kebab as fuck OP.
>>
>>30347489
>waffenfett on the wooden stock

Not him, but that's literally what the Swiss training manual tells you to do. Immediately after shooting, swab the metal parts down with grease, put a grease patch through the bore (while still hot/warm), and then rub down the stock with the used patches.

Before shooting, run a few dry patches through to remove the now-carbon-fouling-impregnated grease and presto, clean bore.
>>
>>30347633
what? Which manual? I have the original k11-k31 one and I don't remember it saying anything about this.
Then again, it was an age of Whale fat rather than graphite-based automatics grease...
>>
>>30347489
Yes I'm swiss.
>Smack yourself in the head right now: that stuff is made for mechanical parts, not for wood.
Well, it was some retarded mongrel that said on a swiss rifles forum to use the Waffenfett for cleaning/greasing every part. Because it is supposed to be a multifunction product for a use in the field. I did the same thing when I was in the army: I put a little Waffenfett on the plastic stock and handguard of the Sig550.

>Get an STG57 cleaning kit.
Aren't the k31 original cleaning kits good enough? Also I have successfully cleaned for the first time my k31 with the Stgw90 kit (it took me a lot of time but it worked).

>GP11 can be purchased at any federal range
Do private range or armory sale GP11?
The oder day i wanted to buy some ammo for the Stgw90 in an armory and the hold crazy fucker wanted to sale me 20rds of .223 for 21CHF.

>Where are you from, fellow Swissfag?
I'm from Vaud and you?
>>
File: Chat de combat 90.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
Chat de combat 90.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>30347560
I'm no kebab at all.

Planning on throwing or burning that carpet btw.

>>30347633
>>30347658
Actually I have a pdf. of the k31 manual. I'll check it.
But in all cases is it really bad for the wood to put modern Waffenfett on it?
>>
So yes the manual says to put a little bit of Waffenfett on the wood.

It also says to NOT grease the firing pin and the firing pin canal. Why? Is it important?
When I first disassemble the rifle to check and clean after buying it the entire bolt was greased. So I remove the old grease and put new like for the Stgw90.
>>
>>30348802
Grease in the firing pin channel can cause light strikes.
>>
>>30348097
Thank you for sharing your k31's via milsurp market swissfags.
I own many nice rifles in my land, but I would never dream of not owning, a K31.
>>
>>30346496
i know a guy through my shop with one of those, and its a damn fine deer rifle. he bought it 3 years ago, and he's filled all of his tags with it.

I think he has the dies to reload it too.
>>
Unscrew the butt plate and show us the soldiers tag
>>
>>30348856
>light strikes
Oooh fuck. Thank you.
>>
File: 1459719607000.png (1 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459719607000.png
1 MB, 1080x1080
>>30348911
Butt plate is empty. The rifle served for federal shooting competition in the 70'. I supposed that at this time the federal range of Bière (Vaud) removed the soldier's ID.
I was quite disappointed when I discovered it was empty..
I also would have had the original bayonet with rifle too. Know I'll have one with another serial number..
>>
>>30346496
They made some metal charging clips for training purposes, dunno how rare they are, but one fag I've seen around /k/ has one
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.