[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My first time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: ak.jpg (789 KB, 1332x888) Image search: [Google]
ak.jpg
789 KB, 1332x888
Good morning lads!

I'm visiting Texas and having never fired a gun before (British), I was wondering if you guys could give some advice on what to try?
>>
Always act as if it is loaded, never point at someone, only put your finger on the trigger when you're ready to shoot.
>>
>>30341871

He said:
>what to try

Try everything you can get your filthy fucking hands on, BritBong.

You're going to cream your shorts anyway...
>>
>>30341882
Thanks pal, I'm probably not going to want to leave
>>
>>30341841
Welcome to the states m8

If you can afford / find it try shooting something in .50, that's about as American as it gets
>>
>>30341841
I see guys at the range get all happy puppy shooting SBRs
>>
AR-15 and something in 9mm. Both are excellent for new shooters and are relatively cheap to rent and feed.
>>
It would be a shame if you didn't shoot an Enfield
>>
File: 1465056917097.jpg (61 KB, 630x960) Image search: [Google]
1465056917097.jpg
61 KB, 630x960
>>30341871
>Always act as if it is loaded, never point at someone, only put your finger on the trigger when you're ready to shoot.

Bait.
>>
Welcome to the States!
Here's Hickok's guide for new shooters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGYf9AZlSyU

1911, a nice Smith & Wesson in .357, AR, AK and I second the Enfield.

Shit, you're going to have a ball.
>>
>>30341841
Go back to your country...
>>
If you get a chance, try a SCAR17.

Big Rifle. Big Bullet. With its top-tier muzzle break, first time shooters can still be accurate with it without bruising their shoulders.
>>
>>30341841
Revolvers, the bigger the better. Dunno about Texas, but most rental ranges here make you load your own mags. Revolvers are quick, easy, and depending on the model make you feel like a cowboy.

After that, something fully automatic. Mag dump the first mag, be amazed at just how quickly you ran out of ammo, then start shooting in bursts to try for accuracy.

If you still have money to burn at this point, rent a rifle of some sort, doesn't really matter what model. Once you get used to the gun, start trying to shoot accurately and have a blast.
>>
>>30341841
Glad to hear about a Brit bro getting into guns.
>what to try
Literally as many as you can. Try an AK, AR, and a shot gun in 12g. A couple pistols in 9mm and .45 acp
>>
>>30344078
Don't be a jerk
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.