[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Benelli Supernova
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1466355311667[1].png (471 KB, 2000x704) Image search: [Google]
1466355311667[1].png
471 KB, 2000x704
Any kommandos out there own a Benelli Supernova and would care to comment on it?

Been thinking of picking up the 12 ga 24" barrel version for trap/skeet, and three gun.
>>
>24"
>trap/skeet

Does not compute
>>
Owned one for past 10 years 26" I shot trap and skeet with. Other than a bore snake I haven't cleaned it once. Shot a consistent 100-200 round a weekend for 2 years during college while shooting trap and skeet. Never had malfunction until about 3 months ago shooting sporting clays, it started ejecting the next shell in the tube instead of loading it and a quick spray of rem oil didn't fix it so it's been laying on my floor to be disassembled and cleaned.

I highly reccomend it. If I bought again I'd get the pistol grip since it'll be nicer for shooting buck and slugs in shotgun action matches.
>>
>>30339342
>trap/skeet, and three gun

The 2 less inches of barrel length is a trade-off for ease of use in three gun. 26" is a common trap/skeet length.
>>
>>30339394
Ever slam-fire it? Can you slam-fire it?
>>
>>30339016
I shoot a 28" barrel for trap/skeet and 3-gun. And it's totally fine.

Go with 26".

You'd look like an amateur nogunz showing up to a skeet range with a 24
>>
>>30339541
Noted, I assumed the 2 less inches wouldn't make a difference, but I take it that it does?
>>
>>30339515
Never tried but I don't believe modern shotguns are made to slam fire. Also get a good mag extension the one I have unscrews occasionally.
>>
>>30339587
Meh potato potaaaaato. I watched a guy shoot a perfect 25 with a legit Winchester trench gun on modern skeet (birds come out at unknown elevation and all doubles are on report).

I think 26" is good in between but I also don't think 24" would make a difference. If you are gonna be shooting trap further from the front line I'd want a longer barrel but to be casual meh, tighten the choke if needed. I shot skeet choke for skeet and modified for trap. Typically #8 shot. Never broke 25 but consistent 23/24 shooter, fucking last low house I could never hit.
>>
mine has a little bit of battle rattle going on in the forend

other than that i have no complaints. comfortech works as advertised, smooth pump, never had a jam or anything. the stock front sight is a little big for shooting slugs at longer range; its size makes it somewhat imprecise compared to other guns i've shot. although, i did pretty well with it when i shot slugs last time. anyway, those are my thoughts.

ps it's very easy to break down and clean. the barrel is nearly rustproof, espeically compared to a moss 500 series with the plain bluing. you have to clean it out before you shoot it though because those fuckin pizzaniggers ship it with the internals coated in grease.

>>30339587
longer barrels are heavier and therefore swing better
>>
Can't tell you anything about skeet shooting, other than it is similar but not really to trap (predictable flight paths I suppose)

With trap shooting, most of your performance is based on your swing and follow through to hit a nice easy rising shot or long, dropping, accelerating shot. Hence the tall ribs on trap specific guns to aid in aiming for those types of shots.

28-32" barrels, adjustable cheek peices (since you are doing a pretty repetitive motion) and tall ribs is what you'll find in a trap specific gun. Obviously, there are some variations.

Sporting clays is more involved w/ a combination of different styles of shots. Guns tend to be more middle of the road w/ rib height, 26-28" barrels to help w/ some of the more snap shots. Sometimes cheek peices adjustable sometimes not.

I own a Nova with a 28" barrel. I occasionally shoot sporting clays with it. Works fine.

If you want to do 3 gun, buy a Nova Tactical 18" w/ ghost rings or a 24" barrel.

If you want to shoot clays of any kind, don't get a 24" barreled gun.

It would be one thing if it was trap and skeet, but trap/skeet and three gun are (IMO) too different in function and purpose to use the same barrel length. And considering price of Nova barrels... Just buy another Nova.

Also, btw-- recoil reduction stock on Supernova doesn't do anything special, and its uglier than the Nova. Save the $70 to put toward a 3 gun-gun or Trap Gun whichever you decide to go with if you decide to get to. Or ammo, or extended mag tube, etc.
>>
File: image1.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>30339016
Browning maxus pls.
>>
This thread piques my interest.
Was looking to get a scattergat next. Any suggestions? Money is no object.
>>
>>30341649
If you want a pump browning bps. 3.5" chamber action as smothe as glass and downward hull ejection. Also can get a slug barrel for it and it's easy to swap out.

If you want pure shotgun bliss. Vepr 12. One of the most fun guns I've ever fired.
>>
>>30341696
I've been incredibly interested in magazine fed shotguns, mostly because I love loading magazines.
Though I feel that I sacrifice some reliability for it. A Vepr would be neat, though I wish someone could give me an opinion on Fostech's origin.
On the other hand, that downward ejection on the bps sounds neato.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.