[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me out /k/. When I was 15 I was put in observation by my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_o2q1nu1v7y1s64puzo1_1280.jpg (263 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2q1nu1v7y1s64puzo1_1280.jpg
263 KB, 1080x1920
Help me out /k/. When I was 15 I was put in observation by my mom and diagnosed with depression. This diagnoses lasted less than five months. I disagree with the diagnoses and have never felt depressed. Can I purchase a firearm? I have read the regulations but am confused about the "commited" part.
>>
At any point were you made to go to the hospital or a mental health provider as a result of being "Depressed" against your will?
>>
>>30337992
Yes
>>
>>30338040
Then you cannot. I'm sorry
>>
>>30337992
>>30338072
This is wrong though.

It only counts if you were over the age of 18 when you were involuntarily committed.
>>
>>30338040
>>30338072
Protip: if your parents decided for you and a judge didn't get involved, it doesn't count, since they were acting in loco parentis. You need to be ADJUTICATED mentally unstable.
>>
>>30338040
Was it by your parent?
>>
>>30338087

This. This is the only correct answer.
>>
>>30338094
Yes
>>
>>30338087
I never went in front of a judge.
>>
>>30338141
Then you'really cool. There is no legal record of you being commited. You may have to answer for it if you apply for any sort of shooting related licenses. (Security, LEO, .mil, etc.) I had a similar childhood, turns out I'm just an autist, but I've had to explain it on different occasions.
>inb4 reeeeeeeeee
>>
>>30338085
It also doesn't count if you're admitted for observation. It literally says it on the 4473.

>The term includes commitment for mental defectiveness or mental illness. It also includes
commitments for other reasons, such as for drug use. The term does not include a person in a mental institution for observation
>>
>>30338228
Greentext fail, but I copy pasted that from the instructions for the 4473.

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

If you were admitted for observation, admitted voluntarily or admitted by a government agency and then deemed not crazy by that agency you're an exception.

The part about government agencies was added in 2007 because the VA had been systematically nogunzing hundreds of thousands of veterans for reasons as dubious as the VA appointing them a fiduciary to help them manage their finances to having at any point in their careers having reported any kind of depression or anxiety symptoms and a laundry list of other crap.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.